Westhab, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Welcoming Environment
Client Care Monitor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, NYMay 5, 2015
Working overnight shifts on the weekend is great because I am able to bond with some of the residents better than during the hectic work week.
Pros
Overtime
Review of Westhab
Database/Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Elmsford, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Most of the focus was on Database Administration. Setting up databases whether in Access, MRI, Skyline, or ADP. Created reports from these databases as well.

The most interesting part was I was supervised by both the controller and the MIS director. This alllowed me to cross-train between many facets of the company. Not only was I involved in the computer aspects, I was the one who created for the auditors an electronic copy of the database for him to use in Obase. I was involved in Month End Closing, Year End Closings and I was able to use my computer skills with accounting to rectify any mistakes in the system including but not limited to extraneous records, double postings, etc.

The people were very nice to work with. Although management was good at thinking out future issues, they did not always act in a timely manner.
Pros
excellent benefits, good environment
Cons
for job requirement, not high on pay scale (was non-for-profit)
productive in helping the community
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 10, 2014
Avery good place to work and grow in the company. I helped customers on a daily basis with housing, food. Sent the coustomer to the right person to help them with their issues. I also worked one on one with customers in the areas that I could without reaching out to case managers to help lighten their loads.
Pros
a wonderful job
Cons
n/a
Great Co workers
AmeriCorps Housing Services Member (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 7, 2014
This company is great at gaining experience in working in the Social Service field.
Pros
helping people
Cons
low salary
Productive Workplace
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYFebruary 13, 2012
The company is fully vested in helping people from the ground up.
Pros
position advancement
Cons
potential for long hours, no overtime pay