Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

Valet and Luggage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day, consist of Clocking in, and checking the Shuttle log to ensure on time pick ups from the airport. Also checking Valet box to see which cars needed to be pulled for guest departure. I learned alot about how the hotel business works and the different needs of each guest and how accomodate them. The workplace was a great environment. The most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting different people from all over the world on a daily basis.
Pros
Work Environment
Incredible work experience
Banquet Captain/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Avon, COFebruary 16, 2017
Working at the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa was a tremendous experience!! I started working there when it was still a construction site and had not opened for business yet. The work ethic from the General Manager to the part time banquet server was incredible!! To be able to watch a hotel go from construction to a successful business was incredibly gratifying!
Pros
Great work ethic from top to bottom
Cons
Could not get full time work
The management and supervisors were always illprepared, they always ran out of the equipment that i needed to complete my task
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 20, 2017
A typical work day would not be horrible if I had everything that I needed as far as the supplies I used to do my job. Granted our lunch was free I felt that the cooks just through anything together and gave it to us. I can say once we got a new manager he did solve alot of those problems.
Pros
Decent discounts for affiliated hotels
Cons
No parking
Great place to work!!
Purchasing Agent, Roon Service, Bellman, Doorman (Former Employee) –  Detroit Metropolitan AirportFebruary 10, 2017
I worked at the Westin Hotel for seven years in many different capacities and I loved every minute. I loved interacting with the guests as doorman and bellman as I transported their luggage to and from checkout desk and room as well as into the airport itself. As a room service attendant I got to interact withe guests on a more personal level as I delivered their food and drink and any other amenities they might need. My favorite position that I worked in was as Purchasing agent where I along with my boss was responsible for ordering food and beverage for hotel guests as well as hotel employees
Pros
My fellow employees were like my family, meeting celebrities
Cons
Extremely extended hours
A great company
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2016
If you plan to work for a hotel chain, I can recommend the Westin. There are properties that are not corporate controlled, those would be franchised, and might have a different environment as compared to corporate hotels.

Westin cares about its people and its guests and strives to have high standards. If you are truly a people person and care about giving the best, look to the Westin.
Pros
A people oriented company
Cons
Franchised or name leased properties might not have the same standards.
Wonderful Company to Work For
Service Express Agent (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 16, 2016
There is never a "typical" day at the Westin Buckhead. Considering the fact that hotels are a 24/7 business, we never have true "down time". Our guests are mainly business travelers, so we do have our regular guests. We also have a ton of guests who come to us for a conference or a special event. The best part of the job is my co-workers. Everyone is so different, but seem to work together flawlessly. The hardest part of the job is that you can't please everyone.
Pros
Great guests and co-workers
Cons
No real down time
responsibilites and challenges
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2016
. I want this position so I can take on more responsibilities and challenges. It is an opportunity to further provide excellent customer service and to our guests. I believe that giving our guests a wonderful experience is very important while working at this hotel. I enjoy working in a public environment where I am able to interact with different types of people. As a guest service representative, I will be the "face" of the company. It is my duty to provide our guests a fantastic first impression of our hotel.
Pros
good benrfits
Cons
over time pay /one hour for lunch break/and treaning progam
Fun and active environment
Server, Cocktail Server, Barista, Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 29, 2016
I truly enjoyed working at the Westin. I worked with the most outstanding human beings I would ever come across, they mentored me and guided me to become a better server, long shifts never seemed dreadful because as a team we never let each other down.
Pros
free lunches, holiday parties
Cons
down town parking
This was a very fast paced work place.
Catering Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 7, 2016
I supported three catering managers at the Westin Hotel ensuring accuracy and timeliness of the catering documents to be presented to clients for their upcoming event. I also handled customer concerns via phone.
Pros
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the work itself was fun and interesting.
Cons
At the time, women were not allowed to wear pants and that really limited the wardrobe choices in the morning.
Productive work space with waterfront view
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  National Harbor, MDSeptember 20, 2016
Washington, D.C. hotel. Thriving with onsite dining, fitness, meeting and event space just steps from local attractions like the White House and National Mall. While working for The Westin Hotel I've learned skills that help in a multitude of fields and give me the ability to be transplanted into any job. I worked closely with my senior staff and upper management to make sure every guest had a room and no problems occurred and to handle any that did.
Pros
Located in the National Harbor I was able to meet and befriend people from all walks of life
Cons
Favoritism in the work place
Enjoyed my time there
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 29, 2016
typical day at work was sometimes stressful and difficult to deal with. A lot of hotel issues like linen and amenities

what I learned is that no matter how bad it was I was still dedicated to the job and my team members

Management was okay and I like a lot of them and still talk with them to this day

co-workers were like family and I miss them all.

the hardest part of the job was the lack of materials for the daily tasks at hand.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when the employees would have Welcome to Work Day or our Monthy Employee Luncheons
Pros
Recognition of hard work awards and the People
Cons
My department has had 9 managers in 10 years.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCOctober 18, 2016
Westin is a great hotel that I can recommend to everyone . It's nice place that you can stay , relax, refreshing and make some fun . It's located in the beautiful Island of Hilton Head . I enjoy my stay in that prestigious company and also, All my colleagues are very nice and team-oriented.
Pros
Free Lunch and Dinner
Loved working here
Group Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 3, 2016
I started working here the summer before I graduated from UofM and instantly fell in love with it. The people, the guests, the location, the service - everything was perfect! I quickly moved up in the company and was promoted twice within a year. I love the Westin brand and it will always be a part of who I am today.
Energetic and productive work environment
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILDecember 11, 2016
For as long as I have had a position at this prestigious hotel, I have never been more joyous. This job has allowed me to expand my knowledge of attending people's needs and how to do it correctly.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
Great place to work for anyone looking to pay their bills
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 25, 2017
It was an great place to work while it lasted friendly staff nice hours and everything was manageable . I learned how to move at a brisk pace in a big kitchen. The best part of the job was getting off
Good work place if you want to build a food career
Steward (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 9, 2017
I was working at this job full-time for 2 in a half years. The job has good benefit and you could make a career out of it. You get discounts on hotels.
Pros
free lunch and discounts on hotels
Cons
lack of commucation.
servicing rooms
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Princeville, HIDecember 5, 2016
I enjoyed working for the Westin hotel they just opened the hotel / timeshare when I applied so we were the first to see the rooms and detail clean the rooms to the soothe the owners and the guestt it was definitely a great experience
avery nice place to work and achieve higher goals
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2016
great ploace to work and very nice environmnice benefistent of people working together and clean and high spirited employees dedicated to guest service. Nice benefits and accomodations.
Pros
free mels
Cons
A great environment to build loyalty
Manager of Stewarding (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2016
The Westin La Paloma is a great environment to build guest loyalty and to create memorable guest experiences.

A typical day is spent striving to make every guest happy. Management is strong at this property. It is a fun environment with great relationships between all departments.
Pros
Free employee meal
Cons
Health Care Benefits package
Productive and fun
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 5, 2017
I really enjoy working here. Get to talk to great people and see where and why they are traveling. Great place to work! Needs a little help in management and training their employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westin Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.