Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

Found 1,044 reviews matching the search
So sad
Front desk agent (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 27, 2017
Great people, but there is a lot of things being pushed under the rug. The communication sucks. They don't ever give raises. They don't follow the labor laws.
Amazing team
Customer Service Representative - Business Center (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 25, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about the job its was overall an amazing experience and i enjoyed every part of it. Mr. Leon was amazing and patient the food was great got complimentary lunch and breakfast i wish i was still a part of it. One of the best opportunities you can ever get.
Friendly and highly productive place to work
Hotel Concierge (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2017
I worked at the Westin Atlanta Perimeter North for 15 years, and I have seen ownership and management change hands three times. Despite the change in companies, it still managed to maintain a consistently friendly and accommodating work environment.
Pros
Flexible work hours, close and free garaged employee parking, great employee benefits, and payed vacations.
Cons
Traffic in the area gets very bad during afternoon rush hour.
Productive Fun Environment
Executive Meeting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 21, 2017
I meet with clients and ensure that their meetings or events are going as planned so the clients leave happy with my service. I've learned that every group is different but will continue to give it my best and ensuring that the client is taken care of. Love how professional everyone is internally and externally. The hardest part of the job is when we don't have enough hours due to business.
Pros
Room discounted rates and benefits
Cons
Insurances are too expensive
My first official job
Banquet Set Up Person (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 19, 2017
I good place for me as a beginner. The bosses were flexible with my hours at work and school. Hardest part with getting used to the commitment but the culture (piers) were helpful.
Great job
INROOM DINING SERVER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2017
This was a very good job. The money was excellent. Sometimes I would get $150 tips. The only negative point was having to work 13 or 14 days in a row before getting a day off. I loved the staff. Everyone was so friendly
Pros
Great tips
productive but inconsistent work
Busser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2017
productive job and well paid at the time, along with union benefits.
was an inconsistent job because it was a hotel that was old and did not get much business like it used to. Also managers micro managed their employees, with no sense of direction of passion or dignity in their work.
Good Overall
Assistant Outlet Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 16, 2017
Great place to work.
Started from bussing in the restaurant to Outlet Manager with 80+ people reporting to me. Great place to grow and learn skills needed to succeed in the industry.
Lead Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  National Harbor, MDJune 15, 2017
I have been working there for ten years. I really enjoy my work what I am doing. Very good management and environment for work. But I like to have one part time job at free time. Thanks
productive place
Full-time Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 15, 2017
Typically, always hot. Very busy. Alot of diverse cultures i've had plenty crazy conversations with some individuals. Big groups of people in an out from different events. I have never heard of them but their activities were astounding. I can tell they had crazy fun from the mess left. I've learn to work faster than i usually do.
Great Company to work for
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 15, 2017
The Westin Boston Waterfront is a great company to work for and has a great culture through management and associates. I have worked for the Starwood hotels and resort company for fifteen years and have had positive interactions and success through this company.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
Wag
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 14, 2017
Great company to work for.
see below.
Work / Life Balance 4 stars
Benefits Job Securirty 4 stars
Management 4 stars
Job Culture 5 stars
Overall rating 4 stars.
Pros
Minutes from DC
Brief
Front Office Manager / Service Express Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 13, 2017
Great company, fast passed work environment. Expect long hours/days. Met many staff and guests who enjoyed the hotel for its amenities and beauty.
n/a
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 9, 2017
Not interesting in sharing my experience working at the Westin Crown Center. The staff was great at the front desk excluding the upper management team.
Always a learning place, very productive
Jr.Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 9, 2017
My typical day at the Westin hotel consisted to work by the chef side in every testing and event in catering which I have learned a lot.
The hardest part of the job was not able to have any weekend off, and the most enjoyable part was always lunch time where I had the chance to cook for all the employees.
Service Guest Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 9, 2017
No room for advancement the management team is terrible. When something happens the improper response - I'm on my period. NEVER ACCEPTABLE to say this.
Hospitality is always changing
Senior Sales & Events Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 8, 2017
My typical day consists of assisting 4 managers in different selling markets; I train all new Admins; I enjoy the discounts we receive for at least 500 hotels.
Pros
Free Lunch and Discounts
Cons
Not a lot of promotions
Friendly and productive work environment
Valet (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 7, 2017
I worked as a valet driver while in college. The management staff was very accommodating for my school schedule and should scheduling conflicts arise they were very helpful in sorting it out.
Valet Service
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 7, 2017
I'd recommend this job to anyone looking for part or full time employment in a fun atmosphere where you deal with customer service as well as getting to drive many different types of vehicles. If providing customer service, and driving are your specialities its a good job for you.
Pros
free lunch, dinner
It use to be a great company till management fell apart
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 7, 2017
This job is for some one with more patients den the normal human being management sucks the rooms are terrible cleaning wise they always cry about money just not a good environment right now

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westin Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.