Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

Learned great customer service
Valet (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Decent amount of tips; getting to be physically active in a work setting
Cons: Worked night shifts and people typically tip in the mornings for their cars
Management regularly checked in with us to ensure we were providing the best possible customer service to Westin guests. Getting to exercise while making a comparable living was very enjoyable.
busy with friendly people
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: free great lunch
Cons: not safe
cleaned 16 rooms or more some days we ran out of lined and couldn't make up the beds had great mangers very nice helpful co workers hard part was not being able to clean the properly due to no cleaning supplies.
Fun place to work
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 3, 2015
The hardest part of this job is being overbooked. That is definitely a challenge because then we have to find people other places to stay. A typical night was coming in and making sure everyone showed up for their shift if not you need to find coverage. Then I would walk around a make sure each department was running smoothly. Late check out rooms were getting cleaned.
Dedicated to their employees to ensure constant training is in place.
Night Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Advancement, training, advance hotel systems, great staffing
Cons: Parking fee
The largest hotel in Los Angeles indicating large room for improvement. Great management team that communicate very effectively to all staff.
Great Experience
Outlets Head Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Work advancement within.
Cons: Company layoffs
Great experience with this company, I received great work promotions And the most friendliest co workers to beat. I received customer service skills, supervisory and management skill with this job and loved what I accomplished while there.
Fun at workplace
Housekeeping/Stewarding/Kids Club (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage California 92270July 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Chef would cook for the whole kitchen departments
Cons: health care
We had the Employee Party, and employees would get awards for how good the job was. And for birthdays the Chef would surprise us with a cake. That was most enjoyable, some of my co workers were working as a team, others were putting me down that was the hardes part of the job.
Beautiful workplace and Fun co-workers
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 20, 2015
Pros: they provided food for first, second and third shifts.
Cons: No employee parking.
Welcomed the guests(check-in)
Fare welled them(check-out)
Dealt with any issues guest(s) may have had.
I learned a lot about the Hospitality industry.
Management needed some work.
My co-workers were really nice.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the floods and leaks.
The most enjoyable part was making the guests experience an unforgettable one(in a positive way).
Westin
Banquet Captain (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2015
Pros: good company, you get out of it what you put in
Cons: hours
Have had many years of job promotion and stability. The Company makes sure updates and ongoing education related to company and position is available. Management very approachable. At times my job schedule is hard to manage home life.
I enjoy our outings with the sales team
Catering Sales Manager, Corporate Sales (Current Employee), Southfield MIJuly 15, 2015
Typical day at work
Staying in touch with existing accounts
Always learning new portals / programs to prospect new business in to shift from our competitor
Must meet goals in monthly revenue, outside sales calls, prospecting and site visits at the hotel
My co-workers are great to work with and the upper management is also great and have good relationships with them
We have a team outing at the end of each Q.
The hardest part of the job is to continue to find new business and increase revenue each month.
Best part of the job is always meeting new people and working with the different cultures;
It's a productive day, sometimes we're busy other times we're not. We tend to be more busy in the summer than fall/winter.
Busser/Host (Current Employee), Virginia BeachJuly 14, 2015
Pros: dinner is only $4
Cons: Sometimes a lot of hours
This company is a good place to work and you'll meet a lot of great people. You make overall good money here for what you do at least in restaurant and banquets. The management is overall great and concise. The people there that you will meet are all great and fun people to work with.
Benefits
GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 8, 2015
the benefits were great. the company offered great rates to employee s that wanted to stay at another hotel. It was easy on the pocket
Terrible MGMNT
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 6, 2015
Pros: location
Cons: all upper mgmnt
More turnover than the Cleveland Browns ! 2 GMS, 5 HR coordinators, @ F&B MGRS, all in a year. Gained great experience through poor training and no accountability for upper MGMNT.
great job
Service Express Representative (Current Employee), Wheeling, ILJuly 1, 2015
everything from making reservations to taking all quest request its a really wonderful experience and i love the envoirment the people and the staff is amazing.
Produtive, fun, efficient, excellent way to make money.
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free Dinner/Lunch/Breakfast when working a shift
Cons: large company
I only work here part time but I love the company and what it has to offer. There are some people that could do their jobs better in that it reflects the whole hotel staff, but other than that majority of the staff is efficient.
productive
room attendant (Current Employee), birmingham alJune 25, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough tools
very good place to work, makes you want to stick with college.
management is great. non judgemental work environment.
hardest part of job, not enough time to be as detailed as you would like to be.
No raises
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJune 20, 2015
Grateful I was employed starting at 15. Respectful co workers. No raises or benefits even after years of dedicated work. Overall work environment was not too bad. Learned all departments but could never get raises.
The Westin Southfeild is a friendly enviorinment to work in.
Service Express Attendant (Former Employee), Southfied, MIJune 16, 2015
Pros: A wonderful enviornment to work in
Cons: No advancement in PBX
A typical day at the Hotel, I'm greeted by my co-workers who are pre-pairing to leave while giving updates on the days guest count and request as I began answering the switch board.

I learned that to truly be a people person one must tailor and personalize service to fit the person(s)receiving the service.

Management has an open door policy and holds employee meeting once a month in-which subordinates can speak freely about the business of the hotel.

Most co-works realize the common goal is to ensure that the guests are pleased with the service as well as answer the phones in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job accrues when the hotel is sold out and a co-worker calls off, this make for a difficult shift, until a replacement is found.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the guests comes to the front desk and asks for you by name and or writes a letter complimenting your personal touch on their stay.
fun fast pace place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 9, 2015
Great place to begin your hospitality and culinary career. In the heart of a fun city, Orlando, where there are so many activities available for the whole family, you can't go wrong with a job at one of the best hotels in the area. Near all the theme parks and the best weather all year round. Fiorella's restaurant at Westin Universal Boulevard where you can experience some of the best Italian cuisine and wines without leaving the states. Also great staff to work with.
Educational
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, prizes, fun place to work
Cons: Health insurance, Culture Difference.
While working at the Westin I gained a lot of experience and knowledge to do many jobs. My drawback was that the company's culture was sometimes unethical. It was stressful to work with a lot of different cultures and not be portrayed as being fair. It was more difficult than one can imagine. You must learn how to deal with each culture in a satisfying way. The Westin I was not supported of this fact.
I did gain a lot of experience through my trails there. I learned the you must be strong to be in this society. The Westin should evaluate some of their management team. Prejudice is a strong presence within this company. I know this has been taught and passed from generation to generation. If you know you work in a environment with different cultures, you must learn to adapt, not judging or determining the person is wrong according to race. I loved working for the Westin Hotel. This drawback hurts success.
educational but hard place to work
Line Cook/Pastry (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2015
a typical day at work was little chaotic to say the least. it was a new hotel and it was not executed properly. we were not prepared on a day to basis due to lack of mangaement. i wasnt a manager but everyone looked at me as one because of the way i took control and made lemonade out of lemons. we had to endure the chefs attitudes and refusal to listen to what was really the problem. even though it was a tough situation i did learn a lot. i learned control, motivation, and leadership quality. most of all confidence. people will follow if you show confidence even if you dont know what exactly your doing.