Westin Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

Good job oppertunity
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 21, 2016
Westin is a very cool place to work. Westin is a great way to build professionalism and money. Learned a lot from management and other employees. Westin is very large and currently purchased by Marriot hotels. I am satisfied with the job but I need to further my hospitality.
Overworked and Unappreciated
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 18, 2016
Most of the employees at the hotel that work full time have no social life. There is no set schedule unless you have seniority and most of the people that have worked at the hotel have been their a long time. Management is very lax, some employees are scrutinized and held under a microscope while others are aloud to do whatever they want.I enjoyed working at the Westin. I worked extremely hard, harder than anyone else in my department because I worked by myself fulfilling several important roles in the department. Lastly, HR is not approachable. If you have a problem you should just keep it to yourself because you do not want to put yourself on their radar.
Pros
If you work overnights you are lucky
Cons
you will hate your job
worst chef I have ever worked for
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 9, 2016
The Westin hotel was a good place to work for. The fellow cooks were an awesome crew. But the executive chef had to be the worst chef i have ever worked for she was messy, unsanitary, a procrastinator, and she didnt know how to run a line properly she would panic if it got to busy. hands down the worst chef I've worked for.
Pros
great food great crew
Cons
worst chef ever
Awsome hotel with friendly co workers
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 28, 2016
I loved working at the Westin! Management was great, everyone was friendly, and I enjoyed working as a PBX operator. Every job had it's ups and downs but we made the best of it!
Great job
Server/Bartender/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDJune 23, 2016
Great. job .I did learn more then I thought .I got refreshed in cash handling .I learned bar tending .Banquets .setting tables .clearing .and more .
they need help
Lobby Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 17, 2016
big turn over overtime not worth it they are starting incentives the management team could be better overall its a nice place to stay but to work there can be messy
Fun and Rewarding
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2016
I always had a rewarding experience in all departments. Had the opportunity to Cashier and work in most areas in the store.I gained a lot of experience at Walmart.
Good Pay Bad Experience
Front Desk Receptionist, Pbx Operator (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 10, 2016
Your not heard by the management or human resources at the property. No advancement opportunities. Good Pay though
I worked so hard and it was never recognized the shift times change drastically and they work you overtime sometimes maybe eve 16 hours. They don't give you a break if your overnight shift and they lie and say by law they dot have to give you a break. The pay was worth the hassle sometimes.
Pros
pay, overtime
Cons
bad food for employees, treated like your not improtant, no voice
Fun Place to Work
Banquets Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 8, 2016
Outstanding place to work at.
Very friendly.
Fast-paced.
Interesting.
Constantly Changing.
Greatly Customer service oriented.
great to work.
clean.
Pros
Free Lunch
workplace is like a prison and you have guard watching your shoulder every second
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 23, 2016
mangament dont give you a chance to show qhat you can bring to the job.
shelly is a inspector and if she dont like you the whole job team will be against you
Love Starwood
Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2016
As a Banquet Manager, My days differ but the basics remain the same. one thing that never changes are the long hours. If you work less than 11 hours it's short day. But the Westin is a great place to work. solid foundation, great product, great people.
Pros
benifits
Cons
quality of life.
Excellent and fun place to work at
On-call Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMay 18, 2016
It was excellent place to be. Every weekend was different. Get a chance to enjoy every walk of life. I time management skills. I learned how to productive and how proper etiquette skills in fine dining.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
Early morning shifts
This place had no idea on how to run a hotel.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 12, 2016
The management at this place of employment is a joke. Noone seems to know what they are supposed to be doing. The turn over rate is high in mangement is high. The person that hired me was gone before my first week of training was over. The training was a joke, there is no set way that they train, they stick you in front of a computer program and at the end of every segment they state that the rules and procedures will be different at your property. The managment talk about employees in front of other employees and guests. They trash talk everyone. The compensation for the work that they want you to do is nowhere reasonable. I didn't have a health card and they were having me work in the kitchen,
nice place for work good envirament
banquets server (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 3, 2016
I like banqutes because I meet A lot people anhother country.and make benefits for my family.good envirament.I work for 15 yearsI think all places have busy days.but I can control about that.
Pros
free lunches and benefits
Westin
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2016
I come in set up my cart with the exact amount of pillow cases, sheets, soaps etc... Get my rooms for the day from my boss, fully clean each room as fast as i can empty my cart and head home.
job experience
Lead guest agent/ Night auditor (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 26, 2016
Daily opportunities for growth in the hospitality industry, strong management leaders, worked well with co-workers because of high employee morale, hardest part of the position was the jobs events & activities with guests, the most enjoyable part of the position was satisfied guests & great reviews at the end of their stay
Pros
High job morale
Cons
Minimum breaks
Great place to work at.
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work is opening up the umbrellas, cleaning all the furniture on all of our pools. Help out any of the guest that need assistance.
Lots of Potential
Front Desk Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 14, 2016
I really enjoy engaging with guests and making sure everyone enjoys their stays. The hotel is beautiful and they completed necessary renovations which is nice. However, the staff needs a serious attitude adjustment. The managers don't recognize or appreciate good work and only talk to you when they have something to coach you on, and instead of promoting from within, you see consistent outside hires, so how can you grow in the company if they never let you? I would stay at the hotel if the staff was more open minded and fun, it's hard to be the only individual that does way more than necessary and gets to thanks or appreciation.
Pros
Discounts hotels
Cons
Staff
Wonderful place to work
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  birmingham alabamaMarch 24, 2016
Westin hotel open up away for me to meet and talk with people of all cultures to learn about different foods and religions. I love the experience of seeing different people ideas come together in weddings and events and mostly being apart of their moments of happiness.
love working in food serivce just need more organization
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 23, 2016
In a typical restaurant, the wait staff usually have tables they are assigned to cover, but in the banquet servers’ case, they are responsible for accommodating all the guests at a function while circulating the room; responding politely to guest requests and anticipating their needs.