Westin Hotel

Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

Productive, lots of great opportunity for growth, great working environment.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and dinner, nice working environment, nice people, opportunity for growth within the company.
Love it, nice people with positive attitudes, great working environment, great opportunity to advance in the company.
Productive and professional.
LUGGAGE ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMay 20, 2015
You never know who you are going to meet at a hotel. I think that is what is most important about the industry. That is the part I enjoy.
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Don't ever call off may get written up
Unorganized, Too much of upper management from other department interfere in other department. Turn over rate in high.
best job ever!!!
Pastry Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch, ample ammont of time for breaks
Cons: i have nothing bad to say...
The staff in the pastry department are friendly and welcoming. everyday you learn something new weather its your first month or you've been there for 10 years.
Very great experience.
Clerical Worker/Store room Clerk/Trafficking (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 26, 2015
We design every Westin hotel to bring out the best in our associates and our guests. Through intuitive care and signature services, our associates are partners in our guests’ well-being ensuring they leave feeling better than when they arrived. But, we can’t live up to our promise for our guests if we don’t live it ourselves.
It was a alright workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 23, 2015
Pros: i liked that we had free lunch and that i can enjoy talking to my co-workers on break
Cons: n/a
A typical work day a The Westin Hotel was tough at time but I made it ok for me I learned the pros and cons of being a good housekeeper the management wasn't fair at all to me but that's my opinion my co-worker was good to me we got along great the hardest part of the the jobs was being rushed to do my job the most enjoyable part of my job was getting the job done.
superviser was unfair
housekeeping (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 18, 2015
poor teamwork, supervisor was rude and mean, people wasn't coming to work all the time, to many rooms per person, the house men was very lazy and didt want to do nothing half the times and there job is to bring the house keeper what they need to clean the rooms so the guest wont be waiting for a long time
not recommended
set up (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 17, 2015
Pros: temp
Cons: just about everything
it is a great temp job. virtually no respect and one of the most uninspired work place culture ever. I beleive they try for temporary workers and slaves?
HIGH STRESS
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Westminster, COApril 12, 2015
Really a pretty bad place to work. While my fellow peer employees were absolutely great, the management was just awful. Sales goals were ridiculously high, and if you didnt rreach them you would never hear the end of it.
Food & Beverage
Server/in-room dining attendant (Former Employee), OrlandoApril 12, 2015
Pros: Good food
Cons: Expensive, no free meals, poor benefits, poor management, lack of consistency
The management of this department has always been pretty awful. The supervisors are usually good people, which is why they tend to leave shortly after they start. The restaurant's business is inconsistent, not because it depends on hotel guests, but because the chef refuses to advertise properly to locals. The worst part is when the hotel makes money by renting out vacant rooms to families, the restaurant staff suffers, dealing with complaints, messy children, and poor tipping. Do not work in this department of this hotel, ever.
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 7, 2015
Pros: Lunch is provided
Cons: Short breaks, low income, and no room to grow.
The Westin Hotel has a great technique that introduces you to the hospitality field. There is a lot of hands on training that consists of constant attention. The Hotel is well- known for the excellent service it provides and the scenery.
loved it
Human Resources and Accounting Student Intern (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 4, 2015
The Westin is a great place to work at and a great place to stay at. The Westin is a very friendly and welcoming. I love the co-workers there they are very nice and take car of me when I need the help.
very nice work place
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 3, 2015
love working here..its like family to me. Its a very flexible place..they work with you while enhancing the skills you already have
productive and fun place to work
Hotel Valet (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 31, 2015
most enjoyable part of this job was cars,i loved parking new rides that came to the hotel and high class customers that tip well.
Fast Paced - Deadline Driven Environment
Executive Assistant / Finance Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: providing guest satisfaction
Cons: not being able to satisfy them all
I thoroughly enjoyed working at The Westin Los Angeles Airport. In my role as Executive Assistant as well as Finance Specialist, I was the first point of contact for guest inquiries. I work well independently and thrive in an environment where I am allowed to make executive decisions. Resolving guest inquiries caused for quick decision making and seldom with the assistance of the hotel Executives.

Working side by side with Sr. Management required me to effectively communicate. I quickly mastered the ability to prioritize and share pertinent information as needed through report generation or project collaboration. Each executive has their own unique style, so flexibility and versatility were implored daily.

Within the hotel, I was a reliable point of contact to all staff. I was able to garner this position because of my proven follow up skills.

I learned that people do not mind waiting for a response; however people take issue when you do not deliver on what you have promised.

Some days, It was a challenge to separate my emotions from business. I found balance in maintaining a healthy sense of empathy, which helped me to do what was fair and equitable for the guest and the employer.

Skilled liaisons are crucial to the success of every company, and as long as this remains true, then I will always have the opportunity to do what I do so well.
Fun work enviroment
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 20, 2015
This is a good place to work. You will like it if you like to work with people. A lot of people. Different types of people. People people people people people.
Fast paced and busy
Senior Convention Services Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 19, 2015
The employees really made working at Westin enjoyable. There was always a lot to do. It's nice when you enjoy the people you work with.
Fun working enviornment
Front Desk Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Romulus, MIMarch 18, 2015
Excellent communication skills and operate well in a team environment. Strong decision-making skills as well as confidence, enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.Date stamps, sorts, and racks incoming mail and messages.Transmits and receives messages, using telephone or telephone switchboard. Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel services; registration of guests; and shopping, dining, entertainment, and travel directions.
it's ok
Telephone Operator (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no leadership
it's nothing to write home about. everyone is their own boss. hours are very far and few. it pays the bills and I guess that's all I can ask for.
great staff and management
Outlet Supervisor (Former Employee), Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 5, 2015
Great management that was very involved with staff. Created memorable experiences for guests and special occasions. Great work life balance

1 2 3 4 5

About Westin Hotel

Host Hotels & Resorts will leave the chandelier on for you. One of the largest hospitality real estate investment trusts in the – Read more

Westin Hotel Salaries