Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

Too many staff to supervise.
Steward (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 3, 2016
Everyone is positive you will always be greeted and welcomed into work. Staff members are very helpful and work as one unit.
Great Brand/ Nice location/Wonderful people
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 31, 2016
Sales meeting every morning strictly about numbers. Meeting was supposed to be 20 minutes. It lasted a lot longer than that on an average day. Nice place and nice location. Great team. Learned a lot about account management. Most enjoyable part of the job was lunch. It was very good on most days.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Columns in all the meeting space except for the ballroom
Good
Front Office Agent (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Job security fer sure
Basically, be good to them and they'll take care of you.
Good company in general and excellent benefits.
its awesome
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 25, 2016
typical work day is cleaning, restocking, run into a famous person and get tipped a high $$ for being respectful and kind. but you will always in life have the rude client check in.
Pros
great place, good pay and great managers
Cons
rude clients..which is everywhere and doesnt happen very often so its all good
A very friendly and family envionment
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 20, 2016
Everyone has a friendly work attitude and are willing to help with last minute task. I've learn that everything in the hotel communicate with everything else. how important it is to let things been know for the sake of the guest. Our guest love to be made felt special and belong. The guest react off of you and how we present ourselves to them. So I always like to set the tone with a friendly and helpful attitude towards them to let them know they choose the right place to host their event. I don't like to call off work , even when sick if I can get out of bed I'm coming to work. The best part of my job is getting to help a different person a day. I love to help people and make their day les stressful through my services.
Pros
Paid birthdays
Cons
Negative attitudes
Fun and good people to work with and to work for.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 12, 2016
a typical day at westin started with taking water up to the floors that i was assigned to, through out the day i take calls to deliver supplies to the housekeepers on my assigned floors. i would take the trash and recyclables out and clean the main areas of my floors, by vacuuming the floors, cleaning up the main traffic areas. Some days i would work in the laundry area, there i would load and unload the washers and dryers, and fold the linens.
While I worked there I learned all about housekeeping and how the hotels work, how the laundry room works, the sizes of loads that you had to wash, and how to move the large loads around.
My co-workers were a big help in my job, they were great people to work with and very friendly always willing to help.
The management was very respectful and helpful. They were easy to talk to and approach about problems and suggestions that you would have.
I would say the hardest part of my job on a day to day basis was just balancing out all the work I had to get done as well as taking the calls from the room attendants and getting them the supplies they needed in a timely matter.
The most enjoyable part of my job was how they rewarded us for our hard work, they showed their appreciation for all of the work that we did.
Pros
worked with your schedule and holidays, good benefits
Cons
Lots of gossip between co workers, supervisors could be a bit pushy at times
PBX/Service Express
PBX Operator/ Service Express (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2016
At this job I multitask doing different job when we are short staffed. We accompanied different departments. They serviced a lot of companies and families during their stay at the hotel.
Fast pace, consistent energy being applied towards customers
Steward (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2016
A typical day at the West Inn consisted of obtaining a daily list of what needed to be completed for the days functions. It consisted of maintaining the kitchen according to procedures and policies of the company. The job required the ability to be flexible whenever service levels required extra hands. It was also required of us to set up and prepare the location of the function. My coworkers were very teamwork oriented, did not have a problem with communication during pressured services hours. The hardest part of the job was being short staffed and having to take on extra loads at a time if it was a large function. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to assist my coworkers in executing a well prepared function.
Pros
Free lunch and party favors
Cons
Short breaks
Best place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 23, 2015
I really enjoyed and loved working at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Suites. I got to work and meet a lot of wonderful people. I also meet a lot of different wonderful people with different background cultures.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
too much favoritism with management
fun workplace with the room to get better management
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 15, 2015
First i want to state that this is an over night job.

Going into work everyday is always fun. Music playing in the lobby all the time ( this music is today's music not some boring lobby music). working overnight at the hotel consists of working with just a small group of people. the front desk consist of 4 if its busy 2 if its slow, housekeeping consist of 2 most of the time sometimes just 1, kitchen staff consist of 3 when busy 2 when slow, and valet which is just 1 all the time. overall the work is easily divided among us. The hardest thing is that everyone that DOESN'T work overnight doesn't know who we are or what we do, and with that i want to add that getting our supplies to do our work correctly because management forgets happens more often that it should. Lets just say management doesn't acknowledge you, a bit sexist, they play favorites, gossip. Lets just say they just suck. If Management changes it would be an awesome place to work until then i would advise you to think twice.
If you're interested in hospitality, Starwood Hotels is a great company to work for. With 10 major brands (including Sheraton, Westin, W Hotels, and S
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 13, 2015
Understanding equipment and the proper maintenance ensure maximum efficiency will minimal coast to the company. Attending to concerns by management and completing all tasks.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities - Great company culture - Fun co-workers
Cons
If you work at the property level, it can be hard to maintain a good work/life balance
Fast pace environment with fun entergetic people.
Audio specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 6, 2015
The Westin was at one point a really exciting place to work, until management changed. From the point on things was not quite the same.
Great customers
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 22, 2015
A day at the Westin is exciting. You never know what kind of guest you will be having to deal with. When I come in to work I have to check reservations in order to know what the occupancy will be. I also have to check with my colleagues to see if there is anything that I need to be aware of before I release them at work. The hardest part of my job is knowing how the guest are feeling of energy. My job is to make them comfortable in my hotel so that they can have a good time and come back. I really enjoy the people I work with we always have a good time and get the job done by the end of the night before we check ourt.
Pros
The restaurant feeds us every Friday
Cons
No breaks
Great place to work with an amazing service culture.
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 21, 2015
Work was exciting to come into each and every day! The service culture provided by not only management staff levels but the front line was exceptional!

Interacting with guest is something I've known to do for nearly a decade now. The challenge of each interaction is something that brought me a long way with in my management skills today!
Pros
Guest interactions, great leaders, company moral was amazing!
Busy Busy!
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2015
The Westin has shaped me into a strong hard working young lady. It is very fast passed and I get to interact with so many amazing people on a daily basis. The Westin is like a second home to most business guest so building loyalty with our guest was more than a membership, but a lifestyle. A lifestyle that I was happy to be a part and help mold.
Not a good company to work for
Accounts Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 4, 2015
No training, too much put one one person, no support very low wages all around not a good company to work for. Worked there for 4 months, was given very little training, and had a terrible supervisor. The pay was terrible, and the job duties were to much for one person to handle. Mistakes were made as a result.
Diverse work environment
Hoppitality (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 4, 2015
Diverse work environment and supportive management. There is room for advancement and different departments to move around to.
Ideal for a person who is passionate about people
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2015
This company is not only a great company to work for, but it's a company that offers fair benefits as well. This is one of the few hotel groups that have various opportunities for growth.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
pay
very fun and interesting place to work,,,,
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 26, 2015
Working at the Westin was truly a great experience for me. All the team work and the nice attitude of the managers made this experience really amazing. A very fun place to work then, the Saints used to stay there during the home games.
Pros
Free Lunches, Breakfasts
Cons
short breaks, low salary
LOVED working here!
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2015
Loved working here because I learned so much. the only downfall is the compensation was low and our office was housed in the basement.