Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work but..
Cook I (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2017
Honestly speaking, this place was not a bad place to work for. They provide a friendly staff, free daily lunch, parties for the employees, and they encourage positive attitudes. However, I could not say the same for my boss. I didn't feel that he displayed good leadership at all. His ways were very discouraging and unpredictable.
Pros
Free Lunches, people pleaser parties
Cons
management
was laid off / central office opened in Orlando
Reservations Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 19, 2017
I was laid off because of new central office opening in Orlando. This hotel had many management challenges and the work/life balance was not the best. The turn over was also very high making it difficult to properly staff and manage traning.
fun place to work
Club Concierge (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 18, 2017
great coworkers, fun place to work, great hours, employer caters to employee needs, 30 min lunch hour, dealing with the public was great and very entertaining
Pros
great hours
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 17, 2017
As a contractor you had to work long hours in different departments, and how often you were needed depended on the percentage the hotel was filled at. Some weeks had plenty of overtime opportunity but others barely passed 20 hours.
Pros
Free lunches, plenty of overtime
Cons
periods of time with no work
Long hours with little compensation.
Banquet Houseman (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 15, 2017
Extrememly long hours! Clients needs came before all else! Employers were very fussy about details! It's an expensive hotel! Typical day started @ 5am. Getting meeting rooms ready with setups, coffee, breakfast, etc. Hardest part of the job was dealing with client requests. Some would be easy, but others would take time, which wasn't always understood. Good people to work with though.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Very low pay for the work that was expected.
Amazing Experience
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 14, 2017
Started this job at 16. From this job is where i learned spectacular customer service and work ethic.

I worked with a lot of supervisors and held events for people to enjoy their stay at the Westin Hotel.

It was very hot in the summer, and there would be days where id be hustling in the heat for 10+ hours a day.
Pros
Learned valuable workplace skills
Cons
Weather
Overworked and under paid
Guest Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 9, 2017
The hours were long and lack of communication with management. The benefits were great and affordable. I learned how to manage individuals with different personalities.
Not a career
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MD 20745March 9, 2017
The job is great but the management choose to ignore employee complaints or concerns and becomes very frustrating but other than that the job isnt as terrible as others
A start in hospitality
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 9, 2017
When you work in housekeeping not all of the staff is very friendly. The hours are not always what is promised and training is short. You kind of get thrown out there even if you have no experience.
Loved it the coworkers were lovely
1st line cook (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 8, 2017
This job was the best.It was not an easy job some days were were tough the line is not an walk in the park i had up to 100 orders in a day and then some days i only had 20 but the atmosphere and coworkers mad it ok
Pros
Benefits and payrate and raises
Cons
Sometimmes so busy couldnt get a break
Okay Starter Internship
Culinary Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2017
Good place to intern at. I was able to bounce around n multiple departments and learn the inner workings of the place. A fairly large hotel with lots of friendly workers.
Pros
Free Lunch in Cafeteria
Team oriented, staff, busy and fast paced, cool environment
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 27, 2017
I'm enjoying working at the Westin but as I am getting to see behind the scenes I feel that most employees are being significantly underpaid. There are many opportunities to grow within Starwood but in order to get promoted most employees will hop properties until finding the right angle up towards their desirable position. This is reasonable, though for being such a profitable industry, you think some of the key positions would pay a little more. I'm still relatively new though so we'll see how conversations warm up within time. So far, great people and I love coming to work each day.
Pros
Many hours, friendly staff, intentional management, and job security/growth opportunities
Cons
seems like many positions are under funded, training is mostly trial by fire
Great place to work for anyone looking to pay their bills
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 25, 2017
It was an great place to work while it lasted friendly staff nice hours and everything was manageable . I learned how to move at a brisk pace in a big kitchen. The best part of the job was getting off
Hospitality Industry
Waitress/Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 24, 2017
There are great benefits for being in the hospitality industry and wonderful opportunities for relocation if desired.
The management and supervisors were always illprepared, they always ran out of the equipment that i needed to complete my task
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 20, 2017
A typical work day would not be horrible if I had everything that I needed as far as the supplies I used to do my job. Granted our lunch was free I felt that the cooks just through anything together and gave it to us. I can say once we got a new manager he did solve alot of those problems.
Pros
Decent discounts for affiliated hotels
Cons
No parking
Incredible work experience
Banquet Captain/Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Avon, COFebruary 16, 2017
Working at the Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa was a tremendous experience!! I started working there when it was still a construction site and had not opened for business yet. The work ethic from the General Manager to the part time banquet server was incredible!! To be able to watch a hotel go from construction to a successful business was incredibly gratifying!
Pros
Great work ethic from top to bottom
Cons
Could not get full time work
Great place to work!!
Purchasing Agent, Roon Service, Bellman, Doorman (Former Employee) –  Detroit Metropolitan AirportFebruary 10, 2017
I worked at the Westin Hotel for seven years in many different capacities and I loved every minute. I loved interacting with the guests as doorman and bellman as I transported their luggage to and from checkout desk and room as well as into the airport itself. As a room service attendant I got to interact withe guests on a more personal level as I delivered their food and drink and any other amenities they might need. My favorite position that I worked in was as Purchasing agent where I along with my boss was responsible for ordering food and beverage for hotel guests as well as hotel employees
Pros
My fellow employees were like my family, meeting celebrities
Cons
Extremely extended hours
Good work place if you want to build a food career
Steward (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 9, 2017
I was working at this job full-time for 2 in a half years. The job has good benefit and you could make a career out of it. You get discounts on hotels.
Pros
free lunch and discounts on hotels
Cons
lack of commucation.
Loved the people
Lead Banquets Bartender (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Coworkers made the job more enjoyable and a great place to work. We were a family and helped one another. Hotel was great to start off in hospitality
Valet and Luggage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day, consist of Clocking in, and checking the Shuttle log to ensure on time pick ups from the airport. Also checking Valet box to see which cars needed to be pulled for guest departure. I learned alot about how the hotel business works and the different needs of each guest and how accomodate them. The workplace was a great environment. The most enjoyable part of the job, was meeting different people from all over the world on a daily basis.
Pros
Work Environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westin Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.