Westin Hotel

Westin Hotel Employer Reviews

Great benefits, good hourly rate of pay and nice managers
Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 20, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: i have an on call schedule
A typical day at work is spent cleaning the rooms or running to client's rooms bringing them things the need. Love interacting with the clients. Free food is great. very friendly coworkers and managers.
I am learning about all different kinds of people and more about the hopitality industry in general.
OK Place
Night Auditor/Front desk Agent (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2014
Pros: free meals, vacation and sick days, get to meet famous people
Cons: no set schedule
It is the typical hotel life. Do not have set schedules. You can be working 3-11 and then have to be back in the morning at 7.
Productive workplace with good reputation
Housekeeping Services (Former Employee), Chicago, IlDecember 19, 2014
Pros: room discounts, free lunch and location
Cons: too many rooms to clean
The Hotel started out as the Nikko and was bought by the Westin. Working there was fun, but also tiring , cleaning sixteen rooms a day and sometimes more. I met alot of interesting people and even seen celeberties and the tips were great.
Great company to work for
Special Events Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 8, 2014
Pros: hotel rooms discounts
Cons: work hours
It is great company to work for, many opportunities. Busy hotel and you get to meet people from around the world.
Working at the hotel was helpful in progressing my career.
Prep Chef (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2014
I liked working at the hotel. It helped me learn a lot about my career and how I would like to progress. I learned about banquets and restaurant cooking.
Good Place to get some knowledge.
Lead Engineer M1 (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2014
Pros: hotel discount
Cons: long hour. hotels is a 24/7 365 days.
I Learned alot about the hotel buisness here.I became a great michanic at this job.
Great workplace atmosphere
Guest Services Specialist (Current Employee), All throughout the hotelNovember 3, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: long pm hours
A typical day on the job requires me to be in contact with all guests staying at the hotel in an often busy atmosphere.
Most co-workers are friendly and easy to speak to.
The most difficult part of the job is when most of our guests are checking in or out at the same time, and there is long list of people who request assistance. Although it is the most – more... difficult, it motivates me to give all guests exceptional service.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when a guest is so satisfied with my assistance that they contact my supervisors or write an online review and express their overall satisfaction with my work. – less
Ok Job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Mmmphis, TNOctober 30, 2014
Cons: they need to pay more
Keep everything to your self.
Noisy people.
The most enjoyable part was they were very strict but It was an easy to do.
Petty Stressful Workplace
Room Service Agent (Current Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 30, 2014
Pros: meet a lot of people in and out the hotel.
Cons: stressful working environments in the mornigs.
On the night shifts the work place is cool and laid back and no one is nagging and clouding on anyone. But morning shift its different have so many people watching and trying to correct and tattle and nag you for no reason, no matter how long you been working or how good you do your job.
Enjoyed going to work
Executive Concierge/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 28, 2014
Nothing beats the WESTIN. The people the perks the location. So much room to grow!
Westin
Host (Former Employee), WilmingtonOctober 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, full time, meeting great people
Cons: dealing with day to day inconsistency of management
Great place to work however management is not consistent or properly structured. I learned that standing up for what you believe in makes a huge impact. Co-workers were like family, we genuinely cared for each other. Hardest part of the job was taking orders from certain managers who I lost respect for. Most enjoyable part of my job was keeping a smile – more... on guest faces. – less
fast paced environment
Senior Bartender (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 23, 2014
Basically good place to work. Most of management empathic. Great place to meet all walks of life. Guest flow choppy at times.
Met great and professional people, learned a lot.
Lobby Lounge Bartender (Former Employee), Westin Hotel in Jersey City, New jerseyOctober 20, 2014
Pros: the freedom i had to make the drinks i love to make.
Cons: when it would be too busy i could not take breaks. but as a bartender i love busy days.
Typical day at work I would come in and open and set up my bar. Served hotel patrons, entertained patrons at the bar. I trained and managed new employees and enjoyed every part of it.
13 years of greatness
Director of Guest Services & Fun (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 9, 2014
Pros: culture and talent pool & development
Cons: the beach and sunshine:)
amazing guests, talented team, driven service culture, 5 star.
Very typical of Hospitality Industry
Frontdesk Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches on premises
Cons: no employee parking
It's been some years since I worked there but you had the usual smattering of people in their early 20s trying to calm down frequent flyer corporate types who were always upset that the hotel had Victorian sized rooms. I believe they have done construction since then but there was a lot of turnover in the time I was there due to the hours and the pay – more... and the way the frontdesk was treated by the customers. – less
A good place to work if you are a single person without children
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 6, 2014
Pros: the lunch is free
Cons: no where to park
cleaning rooms paying a great deal of attention to detail and also have knowledge of different perks that the hotel have to offer. In my opinion the management could get more training in how to interact with the staff that is under their supervision. The hardest part of my job is working every weekend and holiday not knowing when I will have a day off
Great Workplace
Hostess (Current Employee), Hollywood, FLOctober 5, 2014
Great associates and manager. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we are like a family and there is alot of structure.
Its a great place to work
Guest Service Agent / Night Auditor (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FloridaSeptember 30, 2014
Westin Fort Lauderdale is a great place to work, there is room for promotion, you can do whatever it takes to make the guest happy.
Very hard and rude people
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Westminster, COSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no breaks, no benefits, part time hours
This job in general was difficult. The co-workers didn't speak english or understand anything. This job was mostly just cleaning hotel rooms. The hardest part was having to clean every room before you can leave. This was the least job I enjoyed.
Great place to work!
Executive Meeting Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 22, 2014
Great place to learn and grow your career with Starwood.

Westin's PROMISES
+ Do the Right Thing
+ Go the Extra Step
+ Play as a Team

1 2 3 4 5

About Westin Hotel

Host Hotels & Resorts will leave the chandelier on for you. One of the largest hospitality real estate investment trusts in the – Read more