Westin Hotel

Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

great job
Service Express Representative (Current Employee), Wheeling, ILJuly 1, 2015
everything from making reservations to taking all quest request its a really wonderful experience and i love the envoirment the people and the staff is amazing.
Produtive, fun, efficient, excellent way to make money.
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free Dinner/Lunch/Breakfast when working a shift
Cons: large company
I only work here part time but I love the company and what it has to offer. There are some people that could do their jobs better in that it reflects the whole hotel staff, but other than that majority of the staff is efficient.
productive
room attendant (Current Employee), birmingham alJune 25, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not enough tools
very good place to work, makes you want to stick with college.
management is great. non judgemental work environment.
hardest part of job, not enough time to be as detailed as you would like to be.
No raises
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLJune 20, 2015
Grateful I was employed starting at 15. Respectful co workers. No raises or benefits even after years of dedicated work. Overall work environment was not too bad. Learned all departments but could never get raises.
The Westin Southfeild is a friendly enviorinment to work in.
Service Express Attendant (Former Employee), Southfied, MIJune 16, 2015
Pros: A wonderful enviornment to work in
Cons: No advancement in PBX
A typical day at the Hotel, I'm greeted by my co-workers who are pre-pairing to leave while giving updates on the days guest count and request as I began answering the switch board.

I learned that to truly be a people person one must tailor and personalize service to fit the person(s)receiving the service.

Management has an open door policy and holds employee meeting once a month in-which subordinates – more... can speak freely about the business of the hotel.

Most co-works realize the common goal is to ensure that the guests are pleased with the service as well as answer the phones in a timely manner.

The hardest part of the job accrues when the hotel is sold out and a co-worker calls off, this make for a difficult shift, until a replacement is found.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the guests comes to the front desk and asks for you by name and or writes a letter complimenting your personal touch on their stay. – less
fun fast pace place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 9, 2015
Great place to begin your hospitality and culinary career. In the heart of a fun city, Orlando, where there are so many activities available for the whole family, you can't go wrong with a job at one of the best hotels in the area. Near all the theme parks and the best weather all year round. Fiorella's restaurant at Westin Universal Boulevard where you can experience some of the best Italian cuisine and wines without leaving the states. Also great staff to work with.
Educational
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, prizes, fun place to work
Cons: Health insurance, Culture Difference.
While working at the Westin I gained a lot of experience and knowledge to do many jobs. My drawback was that the company's culture was sometimes unethical. It was stressful to work with a lot of different cultures and not be portrayed as being fair. It was more difficult than one can imagine. You must learn how to deal with each culture in a satisfying way. The Westin I was not supported of this fact. – more...
I did gain a lot of experience through my trails there. I learned the you must be strong to be in this society. The Westin should evaluate some of their management team. Prejudice is a strong presence within this company. I know this has been taught and passed from generation to generation. If you know you work in a environment with different cultures, you must learn to adapt, not judging or determining the person is wrong according to race. I loved working for the Westin Hotel. This drawback hurts success. – less
educational but hard place to work
Line Cook/Pastry (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 29, 2015
a typical day at work was little chaotic to say the least. it was a new hotel and it was not executed properly. we were not prepared on a day to basis due to lack of mangaement. i wasnt a manager but everyone looked at me as one because of the way i took control and made lemonade out of lemons. we had to endure the chefs attitudes and refusal to listen to what was really the problem. even though it was a tough situation i did learn a lot. i learned control, motivation, and leadership quality. most of all confidence. people will follow if you show confidence even if you dont know what exactly your doing.
Productive, lots of great opportunity for growth, great working environment.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and dinner, nice working environment, nice people, opportunity for growth within the company.
Love it, nice people with positive attitudes, great working environment, great opportunity to advance in the company.
Productive and professional.
LUGGAGE ATTENDANT (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJMay 20, 2015
You never know who you are going to meet at a hotel. I think that is what is most important about the industry. That is the part I enjoy.
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Don't ever call off may get written up
Unorganized, Too much of upper management from other department interfere in other department. Turn over rate in high.
best job ever!!!
Pastry Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch, ample ammont of time for breaks
Cons: i have nothing bad to say...
The staff in the pastry department are friendly and welcoming. everyday you learn something new weather its your first month or you've been there for 10 years.
Very great experience.
Clerical Worker/Store room Clerk/Trafficking (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 26, 2015
We design every Westin hotel to bring out the best in our associates and our guests. Through intuitive care and signature services, our associates are partners in our guests’ well-being ensuring they leave feeling better than when they arrived. But, we can’t live up to our promise for our guests if we don’t live it ourselves.
It was a alright workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 23, 2015
Pros: i liked that we had free lunch and that i can enjoy talking to my co-workers on break
Cons: n/a
A typical work day a The Westin Hotel was tough at time but I made it ok for me I learned the pros and cons of being a good housekeeper the management wasn't fair at all to me but that's my opinion my co-worker was good to me we got along great the hardest part of the the jobs was being rushed to do my job the most enjoyable part of my job was getting the job done.
superviser was unfair
housekeeping (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 18, 2015
poor teamwork, supervisor was rude and mean, people wasn't coming to work all the time, to many rooms per person, the house men was very lazy and didt want to do nothing half the times and there job is to bring the house keeper what they need to clean the rooms so the guest wont be waiting for a long time
not recommended
set up (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 17, 2015
Pros: temp
Cons: just about everything
it is a great temp job. virtually no respect and one of the most uninspired work place culture ever. I beleive they try for temporary workers and slaves?
HIGH STRESS
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Westminster, COApril 12, 2015
Really a pretty bad place to work. While my fellow peer employees were absolutely great, the management was just awful. Sales goals were ridiculously high, and if you didnt rreach them you would never hear the end of it.
Food & Beverage
Server/in-room dining attendant (Former Employee), OrlandoApril 12, 2015
Pros: Good food
Cons: Expensive, no free meals, poor benefits, poor management, lack of consistency
The management of this department has always been pretty awful. The supervisors are usually good people, which is why they tend to leave shortly after they start. The restaurant's business is inconsistent, not because it depends on hotel guests, but because the chef refuses to advertise properly to locals. The worst part is when the hotel makes money by renting out vacant rooms to families, the restaurant staff suffers, dealing with complaints, messy children, and poor tipping. Do not work in this department of this hotel, ever.
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 7, 2015
Pros: Lunch is provided
Cons: Short breaks, low income, and no room to grow.
The Westin Hotel has a great technique that introduces you to the hospitality field. There is a lot of hands on training that consists of constant attention. The Hotel is well- known for the excellent service it provides and the scenery.
loved it
Human Resources and Accounting Student Intern (Former Employee), Columbus, OHApril 4, 2015
The Westin is a great place to work at and a great place to stay at. The Westin is a very friendly and welcoming. I love the co-workers there they are very nice and take car of me when I need the help.

1 2 3 4 5

About Westin Hotel

Host Hotels & Resorts will leave the chandelier on for you. One of the largest hospitality real estate investment trusts in the – Read more

Westin Hotel Salaries