Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

Found 1,013 reviews matching the search
Good
Season Server (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 21, 2017
I likedon't working here it's was good money to make but overall I didn't like the fact that people would get to drinking and then leave without paying so then the employer would but it on you to have to pay. I didnt like that.
Fun environment
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westin, Memphis, Tn.May 20, 2017
Love working for this company. Great atmosphere with a laid back but disciplined work environment. I have progressed slowly in the company but it because of limited opportunities for advanced because of the size of the company. Love the job but I a always looking for a better opportunity.
Competitive, productive, educational work place
Room Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2017
The Westin is a very competitive place to work.
The Westin is a flagship property for man aspects of the hospitality industry,
The Sales team, Front Office, Housekeeping team, Convention Services team and General Manager are all award recipients of some award over the past 5 years and there are more to come.
Pros
competitive salary, employee loyalty, working for one of the top hotels
Cons
Lots of favoritisim, older building
Productive, meet lots of new people
Front Desk Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 17, 2017
Great environment, paid time off, sick time, 401k -- you get to meet a lot of new people which is fun. Management at this specific location has changed, however the position inherits an independent vibe, which is cool.
Slow deterioration of work place
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 16, 2017
When I first started working there it was a safe secure place to be. but since then all accountability have been lost. Upper management has over reached and now the work loads are impossible and they do not seem interested in expanding the staff or work facilities, just the guest count.
Pros
free lunch and regular staff appreciation meals
Cons
bad management and low pay
very strong work place
Personal Trainer and Masters Swim Coach (Current Employee) –  Vail, COMay 15, 2017
Super workplace and very supportive. Great culture and strong vibe amongst collegues and bosses. People are interested in your knowledge and also your life as well. Members and employees have a very strong rapport and it creates for a great total environment.
Short staffed an overworked
Purchasing Manager / Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMay 15, 2017
Unfortunately I have to give the Westin Wheeling Hotel a negative review, despite a lot of really wonderful people working there, Most of my negativity is with the upper management and the lack of respect and follow-thru on important issues within departments. There is also a lack of effort and camaraderie between departments and department heads. They don't have a big enough budget to hire the amount of people they need for the events that we do. Equipment needed for daily tasks was always broken ( some broken equipment went on to seriously hurt employees)
Pros
50% off at our 601 North Cafe
Cons
Short Staffed, lack of respect and laziness
Excelente Company to work
Excellent insurance package
Great discounts to employees
Beautiful Oak Room
Great manager
Pros
Star Hot rate
Cons
Union Square área
Fast paced .. decent pay for banquets
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 14, 2017
Great job to gain experience but the people are really cut throat. I was paid well though banquets but the rest of the hotel was average. It's room for advancement if u have the ambition.
Nice place
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 14, 2017
I learned a lot from the executive leadership at this hotel. Wonderful place to work and one I would recommend. Nice staff and good clean facility. I made lasting friendships.
Clean and friendly place with good benefits
House Attendant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 13, 2017
Pleasant working environment. Good pay. Good benefits including all meals. My main problem was the scheduling and my inability to meet all the expectations.
Very well maintained and professionally managed.
Assistant Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 13, 2017
All facilities were new and of high quality. Corporate hotel for individuals and small to mid-size groups. Two high-end restaurants, one the space was leased and the other was managed by a third party.
Not steady or reliable
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 9, 2017
Job posting will say its fulltime but its really not its more an on call job. Who ever worked there longer gets more days and hours. They are very unorganized closets are never stocked with material needed to do the job. Good pay but bad management and hours.
Pros
Pay, free lunch, lots discounts
Cons
unorganized, no hours, high turnover rate, and non professional training
They really didn't treat the employees vey well.
Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 8, 2017
A typical day started with getting my bank, setting up the bar and
going to the liquor room and get what I needed to make sure it was stocked and ready to go. The hardest part was when you had a customer that had had too much to drink and you cut them off and they still want more. Then I would just call security and they would take care of the problem.
Pros
It was fun and I met a lot of nice people that became my friends.
Cons
When someone drank to much.
Overall okay place to work, nice people
Service Express Agent (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMay 4, 2017
In the beginning everything was nice, everyone was willing to help. With new management the new hire process was failing. Overall everyone is nice but you are expected to work a lot. Good for someone trying to grow in the hospitality world.
Pros
free lunch, nice people
Cons
healthcare, short staffed
love
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 2, 2017
Love the hotel! By far my favorite job that I have ever had. Hopefully get to continue working for Starwood after I graduate. Great staff and boss!!!!!
Enjoyable weekend getaway with lots of great dinning options and a great pool to enjoy in the hot sun!
Food and Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 2, 2017
A typical day of work at La Paloma is busy, and faced paced! If you like to multitask its a great place to work! I have met and experienced a lot of different people from all over the world so that has been really enjoyable. Its a fun environment with lots of room for improvement.
front desk agent
GUEST SERVICES SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 27, 2017
It was the first hotel i had worked for and i fell in love with it. From finding out about different guest all through out the world and becoming the front desk supervisor. Being the main one to deal with guest issues
productive and fun place to work.
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time here. I learned a great deal, especially in banquets. I think that I definitely made a difference in how these operations run today and would love to work at another hotel in the future.
Pros
Great benefits
Guest Services for 5 star resorts to Meeting Planning
Rancho Mirage - Group Reservation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 24, 2017
Working with Meeting Planners, Conference Services, and Sales managers to pre-plan conference and make successful meetings for our clients and guests.
Pros
Working closely with all staff and clients to make the conference successful.
Cons
Seeing the guests and or meeting planners unsatisfied with our services.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westin Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.