Westin Hotel

Westin Hotel Employer Reviews

accomodation. banquet services.buffet services
Steward (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAAugust 13, 2014
Pros: also offer a good benifet
Cons: short breaks also
also employs different culture of people.a nice place held a meeting
Great Hotel for Leadership and Growth
Coordinator/Assistant Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2014
• Responsible for managing all previous coordinator duties
• Book, detail and service all social functions: Weddings, Birthday, Anniversary, Holiday etc…
• Book, detail and service all small corporate catering groups 10 rooms and under
• Respond to prospective business in lead base management systems including ACVB, StarCite and Cvent
• Maintain an – more... entrepreneurial and proactive mindset to exceed catering sales goals
• Analyze historical data to develop quality business cases for top producing and new accounts
• Consistently develop and strengthen client relationships through the coordination of client events, promotions, and incentive programs – less
Maintain order and safety inspections.
Hotel Security Guard (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: most repsoncible, exciting, fun, active position in the private sector.
Cons: exterior walks had no back up or surveillence.
Depending on your post for the 3rd shift you must never neglect those duties for the safety of the guests and employees.

Conduct hourly walk though of the 32 story hotel stairwells, sub-levels, lounges, elevators and guest halls. Submitting daily reports
of activities to the Management.

If in the guard shack, you must control employee entrance and – more... key control. Maintain a constant view of all monitors and notify guards of suspicious actives.

Escort dignitaries or high profile persons to necessary location.

All guards reported his or her shift activities and recapped to the relief guard and supervisor.

The key to success is to be aware of your surroundings and never get comfortable. – less
Good work environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 6, 2014
Working for this company was a great experience. I couldn't have asked for better managers or co-workers.
Nice company culture
Guest Relations (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2014
Nice company to work for and the pay is a low compared to other hotel industry
condusive place t work
Receiving Agent (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 17, 2014
I have worked as storeroom attendant, banquet attendant as well as receiving ckerk for sometme.
Its a very condusive place of work.
exccelent hotel and managment
Server (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: always free food for the employess
Cons: greta benefits
this is the best work experience i have ever had in my hospitality work experience

great team work
great co workers
always well informed

most enjoyable is that i always happy coming to work with out thinking anything negative about my managers or coworkers
Very busy
Front Desk & Guest Services Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta GaJuly 14, 2014
Pros: great discounts good lunch
Cons: insurance is high
A typcial work day consists of meeting alot of new people. Making sure that rooms are clean and up to status. Always making notes of wake up calls, and setting up romantic rooms for guest wanting to do something special.
Night Audit
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 11, 2014
Coworkers were like a bunch of high schoolers. They had cliques which included managers. I learned alot from this job, because we were always understaffed and employees were under trained. The people who learned quickly had to hold the rest of the department up.
HR was Terrible, always on vacation.
productive workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2014
Pros: discount meals
Cons: short breaks
The staff was always on point making sure work was finish in a timely manner.
High energy and lots to learn
Lead Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJune 30, 2014
Pros: benefits, co-workers, company atmosphere, fast paced, complimentary food
Cons: stressful
Good company to work for, have great benefits, and great opportunity to move into higher level positions. Managment always looking to assist with your next oportunity to learn something.

Love my co-workers and everyone I work with, i have learned so much about the hospitality industry.
It's not the worst
Sous Chef (Former Employee), Morristown, NJJune 24, 2014
Pros: you get paid every two weeks
Cons: union hotel
Overall the staff is lazy. It's a union hotel. Upper Management is useless. There is a lot of turn over.
Management fosters a great culture
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 5, 2014
Great place to work the management team is great and everyone is friendly,
great four star hotel/restaurant
COOK (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2014
Pros: meeting and talking to celebrities, great staff, and management.
Cons: n/a
I LOVED THIS JOB SO MUCH.I STARTED OFF AS A DISHWASHER,AND MOVED UP TO A PREP COOK,THEN EVENTUALLY A LEAD LINE COOK.I WON THE AWARD FOR EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH IN EVERY POSITION I WORKED.
Busy, physical work environment
HOUSEKEEPER (Current Employee), Birmingham, alMay 29, 2014
Westin is a great company to work for! The management is very understanding and reasonable when it comes to flexibility. Housekeeping is hands on and do require a lot of hard work, however the supervisors make it easier. The employees eat for free, and the food is awesome! Great company!
great place to work at
Line Cook (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 12, 2014
great place to work,learn a lot,cooking is fun and easy.love to put a smile on people face
THERE WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING GOING ON NO TIME TO GET BORED
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 10, 2014
Pros: paid breaks including lunch break
Cons: breaks cut short by call volume, 16 hour shifts due to call outs.
I LEARNED IT WAS VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE A SINCE OF URGENCY BUT NEVER TO RUSH GUEST,IT WAS VERY IMPORTANT TO BE ORGINIZED AND KNOW HOW TO PRIORITIZE THINGS.MANAGEMENT WAS VERY HELPFULL THEY WERE ALWAYS THEIR IF YOU NEEDED SOMETHING AND THEY GAVE YOU THEIR SUPPORT WHEN NEEDED.THE COWORKERS WHERE VERY FUN AND MAKE EACH OTHER LAUGH AT TIMES SO THE MOOD – more... IN THE OFFICE WOULD NOT GET TO TENSE I WAS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE SUCH DEDICATED PEOPLE WORKING ALONG SIDE ME.THE HARDEST THING ABOUT THE JOB WAS THERE WAS SO MUCH GOING ON IF YOU DID NOT STAY ON TOP OF THINGS AND WHERE NOT ORIGANIZED IT WAS VERY EASY FOR THINGS TO START GOING TERRIBLY WRONG.
THE MOST ENJOYABLE THING ABOUT THE JOB WAS THE FEELING OF ACCOMPLISHMENT AT THE END OF YOUR SHIFT KNOWING YOU GIVE IT YOUR ALL AND STAYED ON TOP OF EVERYTHING.
THE USUAL WORK DAY STARTED WITH COUNTING YOUR TILL,SCHUDELING BREAKS FOR THE OPERATORS WORKING ON YOUR SHIFT
GET ALL YOUR PAPERWORK ORGINIZED
STAR CALLING OUT YOYR CALLS TO ENGINERING,SECURITY,LOBBY ATTENDANTS,ROOM SERVICE ATTEBDANTS,HOUSEKEEPING AND THE BANQUET DEPARTMENT
RUN BREAKS AND MAKE ADJUSTMENTS IF NEEDED DUE TO CALL VOLUME,RUN REPORTS AND BILLING WHEN TIME PERMITS,TAKE CASH FROM ROOMSERVICE ATTENDANTS AND MAKE CHANGE IF NEEDED.CONTINUE CALLING REQUEST TO CORRECT DEPARTMENTS,HELP ON PHONES IF OPERATORS NEEDED HELP,IF ANY OF THE ALARMS IN OUR OFFICE WENT OFF OR WE RECEIVED A CALL FROM A SICK GUEST OR A NON GUEST WAS SCENE ON THE PROPERTY THAN CALL THE ERT(EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM)THE CALLS ALWAYS START FROM MY OFFICE
CONTINUE CALLING REQUEST OUT .CASH OUT ATTENDANTS AT THE END OF THEIR SHIFTS .RUN TIP REPORTS AND BALANCE COUNT TILL AND DEPOSIT AND BALANCE LOCK UP TILL 15 MINUTES BEFORE END OF SHIFT
MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS READY FOR THE NEXT DISPATCHER PASS ON ANY INFORMATION
AND THAN GO HOME – less
friendship and team work
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 8, 2014
Pros: lunch is free and good
Cons: best insurance ever with the union
my first day at that job was scared because that was my first job in america in that job i met a lot of good co-worker.
I learned a lot of thing with them like deep clean and so many more project
good staff good co-worker this is a better place to work
the hardest part of this job is the checks out room and the double beds
the most enjoyable part for – more... me it's when in the afternoon i complete my 15 rooms and iI believe every guest will be happy – less
Generally I liked it, but I was hired away be Troon Golf for much more money. The Controller was very sad. But we know I wanted to learn more.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, paid holidays.when i needed time off, it was always approved.
Cons: my coworker. i did my job and hers for 6 months while she studied to get her series7 on the clock.
The only problem I had was with a terminally pessimistic coworker who could not stand my happy countenance. She called me names and was very passive aggressive, but management could not fire her. She was the most difficult person I ever had to work with.
Really nice place have a fun and a lot to learning
Demi Chef de Partie/ Chef de Partie (Former Employee), Arlington, USAMay 4, 2014
Allowed to work in the majority of aspects of the restaurant in all station Grill, Entremetier, Garde manger also banquet kitchen. Responsible for mise-en-place in each station. Follow recipes and presentation. Prepare meal for customers in efficient, timely manner as well made special main course. Clean and maintain station following lasts hygiene – more... standards. Proper storage and arrange the food in refrigerator. Communicate with Executive sous chef and Executive chef. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Westin Hotel

Host Hotels & Resorts will leave the chandelier on for you. One of the largest hospitality real estate investment trusts in the – Read more