Westin Hotel

Westin Hotel Employer Reviews

westin
pt kitchen (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDJanuary 25, 2015
meh its a living i guess. The managers never know what they're doing, and they blame us for poor training. It wasnt bad but unless you kiss butt you'll be treated badly. Anyone higher up is NEVER at fault. and if they're worked here longer and dont like you quit now. Its like HS
Overall your employment depends on the management that favors your employment.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches, many awards ceremonies
Cons: work loads, unreliable work schedules, conditional employee
Growth within the hotel is imminent as long as you are willing to apply. The staff is iffy and well diversified and the management is not what it seem. Ultimately keeping to yourself is the way to goes. Trust is not so trustworthy at this hotel.
Very busy place to work at.
Line Cook/Server (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of instruction
Great place to work for. However, my restaurant was consistently in transition. Made it hard to know know management styles and instructions.
Clean nice hotel with great benefits
Cook (Current Employee), virgnia beach, virginiaJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunches, workable schedual
A typical day would consist of cleaning,prepping and cooking food, as well as daily specials for the hotel resturant. Management is relaxed and hands off, Coworkers are repectful.
Westin
Banquet Cook (Former Employee), Westminster, COJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: i was working in the field that i wanted to
Cons: to far and long hours for kids
A typical day of work would start with filling the lunch cart and hot trays for the afternoon. The things I learned here were time management, mass food production, display and quality.
Great coworker
room attendant (Current Employee), Romulus, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pushing cart from floor to floor and from room to room is very physical.
I enjoy working at the Westin for many reasons experience, the people I work with and it is close to home.The hardest part of my job is pushing my housekeeping cart from floor to floor.
Don't expect support
Front Desk (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch.
Cons: no life outside of work, no support, and no stubility.
Good pay, but that was the only benefit. Fired people every week. No support from managers but then again they were getting fired too. They fired the GM, then most of the other managers. It was a sad place to work.
enjoyed many years at the westin
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch
wonder co workers and great training classes. the housekeeping department were like a family at on e point
Love the Westin!
Front Office Associate (Current Employee), Westin ColumbusJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: work environment, incentives
Cons: parking, meals come out of your check
I love the Westin. The management staff is awesome and the culture there is fantastic. I never dread coming to work. They have also taught me a lot in my short time there so far. The job is mostly guest interactions and answering phones to meet guest needs.
Overall good experience.
Outlet Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: no vision in the kitchen.
Monitor staff beginning 5:00am for 250 rooms to meet service standards. Good culture program with high occupancy weekly. Challenging to find consistency with chef's program who was being replaced at time. Enjoyed the caliber of clientele this property provided.
Great place to work with great management
Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee), Annapolis, MDJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch, salary, work-life balance
Cons: long days at times
Great environment as being the best hotel in Annapolis. Great team members who all work together for the bottom line, which is the customers. Company always looking to promote within. Must be able to deal with high maintenance clients, which is typical for this brand.
Awesome place to work.
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: working with excellent staff.
Fast paced work place, awesome work environment. Worked with an incredible staff. The management staff there was very helpful and everyone worked together to do an excellent job.
Entry Level position
Sales Systems Analyst/Coordinator (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 29, 2014
Primary contact for all leads coming into the hotel through various sites, including Hotel Planner, Ileads, Cvent, Meeting Broker, ISAC, etc.

Important characteristics:
Hotel experience, phone etiquette, computer proficiency with all Microsoft programs, ISAC, lead sites, understanding of client needs, and hotel's needs
Great brand
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 29, 2014
Great brand/ hotel to work for as well as stay at. I enjoyed my time with this amazing hotel, look forward to continuing my career with different brands
Fun Clients
Banquets Server (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 28, 2014
Worked various positions. Fun clients and staff. Works with school schedule really well.
Great benefits, good hourly rate of pay and nice managers
Housekeeping Cleaner (Current Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 20, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: i have an on call schedule
A typical day at work is spent cleaning the rooms or running to client's rooms bringing them things the need. Love interacting with the clients. Free food is great. very friendly coworkers and managers.
I am learning about all different kinds of people and more about the hopitality industry in general.
OK Place
Night Auditor/Front desk Agent (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 20, 2014
Pros: free meals, vacation and sick days, get to meet famous people
Cons: no set schedule
It is the typical hotel life. Do not have set schedules. You can be working 3-11 and then have to be back in the morning at 7.
Productive workplace with good reputation
Housekeeping Services (Former Employee), Chicago, IlDecember 19, 2014
Pros: room discounts, free lunch and location
Cons: too many rooms to clean
The Hotel started out as the Nikko and was bought by the Westin. Working there was fun, but also tiring , cleaning sixteen rooms a day and sometimes more. I met alot of interesting people and even seen celeberties and the tips were great.
Great company to work for
Special Events Manager (Former Employee), Arlington, VADecember 8, 2014
Pros: hotel rooms discounts
Cons: work hours
It is great company to work for, many opportunities. Busy hotel and you get to meet people from around the world.
Working at the hotel was helpful in progressing my career.
Prep Chef (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 16, 2014
I liked working at the hotel. It helped me learn a lot about my career and how I would like to progress. I learned about banquets and restaurant cooking.

1 2 3 4 5

About Westin Hotel

Host Hotels & Resorts will leave the chandelier on for you. One of the largest hospitality real estate investment trusts in the – Read more