Westin Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

Great job
Server/Bartender/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDJune 23, 2016
Great. job .I did learn more then I thought .I got refreshed in cash handling .I learned bar tending .Banquets .setting tables .clearing .and more .
they need help
Lobby Attendant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 17, 2016
big turn over overtime not worth it they are starting incentives the management team could be better overall its a nice place to stay but to work there can be messy
Fun and Rewarding
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2016
I always had a rewarding experience in all departments. Had the opportunity to Cashier and work in most areas in the store.I gained a lot of experience at Walmart.
Good Pay Bad Experience
Front Desk Receptionist, Pbx Operator (Former Employee) –  College Park, GAJune 10, 2016
Your not heard by the management or human resources at the property. No advancement opportunities. Good Pay though
I worked so hard and it was never recognized the shift times change drastically and they work you overtime sometimes maybe eve 16 hours. They don't give you a break if your overnight shift and they lie and say by law they dot have to give you a break. The pay was worth the hassle sometimes.
Pros
pay, overtime
Cons
bad food for employees, treated like your not improtant, no voice
Fun Place to Work
Banquets Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 8, 2016
Outstanding place to work at.
Very friendly.
Fast-paced.
Interesting.
Constantly Changing.
Greatly Customer service oriented.
great to work.
clean.
Pros
Free Lunch
workplace is like a prison and you have guard watching your shoulder every second
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 23, 2016
mangament dont give you a chance to show qhat you can bring to the job.
shelly is a inspector and if she dont like you the whole job team will be against you
Love Starwood
Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2016
As a Banquet Manager, My days differ but the basics remain the same. one thing that never changes are the long hours. If you work less than 11 hours it's short day. But the Westin is a great place to work. solid foundation, great product, great people.
Pros
benifits
Cons
quality of life.
Excellent and fun place to work at
On-call Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILMay 18, 2016
It was excellent place to be. Every weekend was different. Get a chance to enjoy every walk of life. I time management skills. I learned how to productive and how proper etiquette skills in fine dining.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
Early morning shifts
This place had no idea on how to run a hotel.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 12, 2016
The management at this place of employment is a joke. Noone seems to know what they are supposed to be doing. The turn over rate is high in mangement is high. The person that hired me was gone before my first week of training was over. The training was a joke, there is no set way that they train, they stick you in front of a computer program and at the end of every segment they state that the rules and procedures will be different at your property. The managment talk about employees in front of other employees and guests. They trash talk everyone. The compensation for the work that they want you to do is nowhere reasonable. I didn't have a health card and they were having me work in the kitchen,
nice place for work good envirament
banquets server (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 3, 2016
I like banqutes because I meet A lot people anhother country.and make benefits for my family.good envirament.I work for 15 yearsI think all places have busy days.but I can control about that.
Pros
free lunches and benefits
Westin
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 30, 2016
I come in set up my cart with the exact amount of pillow cases, sheets, soaps etc... Get my rooms for the day from my boss, fully clean each room as fast as i can empty my cart and head home.
job experience
Lead guest agent/ Night auditor (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJApril 26, 2016
Daily opportunities for growth in the hospitality industry, strong management leaders, worked well with co-workers because of high employee morale, hardest part of the position was the jobs events & activities with guests, the most enjoyable part of the position was satisfied guests & great reviews at the end of their stay
Pros
High job morale
Cons
Minimum breaks
Great place to work at.
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work is opening up the umbrellas, cleaning all the furniture on all of our pools. Help out any of the guest that need assistance.
Lots of Potential
Front Desk Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 14, 2016
I really enjoy engaging with guests and making sure everyone enjoys their stays. The hotel is beautiful and they completed necessary renovations which is nice. However, the staff needs a serious attitude adjustment. The managers don't recognize or appreciate good work and only talk to you when they have something to coach you on, and instead of promoting from within, you see consistent outside hires, so how can you grow in the company if they never let you? I would stay at the hotel if the staff was more open minded and fun, it's hard to be the only individual that does way more than necessary and gets to thanks or appreciation.
Pros
Discounts hotels
Cons
Staff
Wonderful place to work
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  birmingham alabamaMarch 24, 2016
Westin hotel open up away for me to meet and talk with people of all cultures to learn about different foods and religions. I love the experience of seeing different people ideas come together in weddings and events and mostly being apart of their moments of happiness.
love working in food serivce just need more organization
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 23, 2016
In a typical restaurant, the wait staff usually have tables they are assigned to cover, but in the banquet servers’ case, they are responsible for accommodating all the guests at a function while circulating the room; responding politely to guest requests and anticipating their needs.
Productive Work Place
Busser (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 9, 2016
The best Hotel of the west coast. Your typical day would be a slow yet it'd pick up dependent on which day and event had been planned ahead of time. Management is always nice, not perfect, but really nice and its really heartwarming and stress free to have Managers such as those of the Bonaventure, that can level with their employees and still keep such a clean, 35-floor hotel together. I will say the hardest part of the job is having to deal with those that aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing, though the most enjoyable part always is cleaning up knowing you've done a great job and leave with a smile on your face. Thank you Westin Bonaventure!
Pros
Good People, Friendly Customers, Fantastic Food, Great Benefits
Cons
Short Lunches, Jealous Employees, Treated Wrong Somedays
Fun place to work
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 9, 2016
Westin is a fun place to work. Hardest part of job was the multi tasking and communicating with housekeepers. I learned housekeeping is a very difficult and requires a lot of hard work.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
good job
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 9, 2016
Friendly ,nice , good atmosphere in communication with office workers, any time in office or speaking by phone.always find good clients near your area.
Very welcoming work environment
Banquet House Attendant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMarch 3, 2016
I basically set up funtions such as weddings and meetings.
The hardest part of the job is all the changes the clients make on a moments notice.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
raises are not good