Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

competitive environment
Front desk (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 20, 2017
It did not seem like the westin employed very good management, They also had no management position at the restaurant. I had to work very short hours.
Had a wonderful experience with the accounting department
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2017
Everyone got a chance to work every position beside their primary job duties. Supervisors were great and the Controller and the Assistant Controller were great in handling situations that may arrive. They also made work fun by taking us out to distress at year end.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Not enough room
Great place to work, easy to excel.
General Accountant (Current Employee) –  Portland MaineApril 20, 2017
Love my job, just wish parking was included in my pay. Parking can be a challenge. Lunch/dinner is provided daily to all employees. Fun activities for the employees are held often.
Pros
Free lunch/dinner provided to all employees
Cons
parking
Great company
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2017
I loved working here. The staff was great and I was able to learn a lot from this company. I also moved up very quickly in the company, which is a very good thing to know about a business. They also worked well with my schedule which is also a plus.
Big luxury hotel
Staff Accountant (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2017
Always busy and we merged with Marriott. All systems are changing. I learnt a lot through the transition of changing management company and new policy.
Fast Paced, Ever Changing Work Environment
Guest Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2017
The Westin Charlotte is a BEAST, to say the least. The volume of guests we see on a daily basis can be as much as 678 rooms to as little as 150 rooms. Regardless of HOW MANY people we come in contact with each day, one thing stays the same - do whatever it takes to make them feel welcome and satisfied. The Westin has taught me how to multi-task managing a diverse team while still giving excellent service to our guests. Everyone here is like family, we work hard with and for one another, while not being afraid to share in another's successes or short comings. It's difficult to balance pleasing the guest when they sometimes are unreasonable, but it's most rewarding when you know you have completely changed the outlook of the hotel and company as a whole from negative to positive just by simply giving exceptional service.
Pros
Discounts on hotels, gifts from guests, sincere care from management
Cons
Feeling overworked and under paid
Fast paced but also layed back
Chef (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 17, 2017
I worked at the Westin Huntsville for almost three years and i enjoyed coming to work everyday. I worked in the kitchen, but also did front of house training and it was difficult working in that department due to lack of good management during the day time hours. But overall it is a pleasant place to work.
Pretty good
Lead line cook (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLApril 15, 2017
I worked there for a while and it was great for it was great for the most part I am glad it's over I don't want her there ever again and I hope that whoever does work there understand that place ok
Pros
Cons
Pay was not that great
Productive fun workplace
Service Express Agent (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIApril 13, 2017
Great environment
Management always helped
Structure of workplace was very organized
Great customer service always provided by employees
Goal orientated
Love the people!
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 13, 2017
I hope they appreciate the hardwork of their housekeepers! I hope they stop gossips everything. Our human resources manager and assistant are great!!!!
Pros
Free food every other non pay day friday!
work is part time and seasonal
Bagroom attendant/Valet (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 11, 2017
The Westin Mission Hills is great. The bag room positions are seasonal and there are no benefits. Its not full time and tips are limited. The facility is clean and pleasant and the course is in good condition.
Pros
fun golf course
Cons
part time, limited tips
Not what I expected
Executive Meeting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2017
I was expecting more reliable hours when I was hired as full-time, however I am having to search for another job due to the lack of hours. My direct manager is very grumpy and not easy to work for. However, all other managers are a pleasure to work with.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 11, 2017
Many open options for employment. Often finding different ways to keep employees busy. There is a very good culture around the building, and a competitive nature with other hotels
Expensive
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 11, 2017
If you have the money, you will have a great time and the food is very good made fresh everyday and made too order service is very good and the staff is very helpeful
Management sucks!
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDApril 10, 2017
You get no support or communication from management, and good employees are pushed aside to keep the lazy ones happy. No support or sense of belonging, and no one actually works. They all try to push their duties on others. Managers sit on their butts, never show up on time, and expect everyone else to do everything for them. Also very little training before you are forced to work by yourself and looking stupid because you know nothing and no one has taught you anything. Not to mention, there is constant drama. Pay isn't great, just ok. Benefits are ok. You get a discount at Starwood hotels, but even that's not all that great. Basically, don't bother.
Pros
Starwood discount, employee meals for night audit, staff cafe for daytime
Cons
Management 100%, drama at front desk
the most enjoyable part of the job....
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you end up working with. Pay could be better compared to other hotels in the area, but eventually opportunities will arise there or other properties.
productive and very good place
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 6, 2017
Every day we get a board with the rooms that we have to clean.After we finished the meeting with the housekeeper's manager we start the work. I learned too much in the hotel.
Pros
We have free lunches
Fun place
Doorman (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILApril 6, 2017
Fun place and easy to work . Short hours low pay .
Too many employees work at the same time, and short hours.
Parking cars in the winter is bad. Also they make you clean the snow. Not very happy about that.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Late hours
Westin hotel
Busser (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 5, 2017
The restaurant in the westin hotel is an upscale dining experience where you are served and waited on. Workers there deliver excellent customer service.
Great company
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2017
I highly recommend applying to this company. There is plenty of room for advancement, with competitive pay and excellent benefits. The Westin Colombus offers a very full filling and friendly workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westin Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.