Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

Found 1,090 reviews matching the search
Friendly work environment
Front Desk Agent/PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 20, 2017
Nice place to work for an entry-level job. People are very friendly and helpful. Management can be strict sometimes. Benefits are very good. Employees get discounted rates when staying at other marriott hotel brands.
Westin Hotels (the company) was a Career-Defining Experience
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 19, 2017
Westin will forever be my default brand...partly because of outstanding hotels in all the right locations. But more because Westin was my introduction to hospitality. Thankfully, I fit right in...in a company full of associates at all levels who represented the brand professionally...through communication, attire and demeanor. Truly, Western International, later Westin, as a company espoused values that defined an unparalleled experience for both customers and employees. When Westin became a brand under Starwood Hotels & Resorts, the company culture changed. But the travel experiences continue to be leading-edge.
Pros
People, Products, Services and Professionalism - An Exemplary Corporate Culture
Cons
None. Really.
a day at work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
Working for the Westin was a great experience, I learned so much and was able to be exposed to many different people and gave me the opportunity to handle different types of situations.
Hibiscus Spa
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2017
During the time I worked at this spa I was very disappointed in management. There were responsibilities that I was given that weren't clear when I was first hired. The supervisor was very disrespectful towards employees, dishonest and unprofessional.
Pros
discounts at other properties
Cons
toxic work environment
Ok job
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2017
Working at the Westin charlotte was a great opportunity because of it being right across from the Convention Center and getting to meet so many great people that travel all around the world
A lot work for Paradise
Director of Food & Beverage (Former Employee) –  Maui County, HIJuly 17, 2017
Wonderful guests from mostly the USA. People who come to experience the Hawaiiana.
Management is put to the test and highly over worked without a lot of support. I've worked very hard and worn many hats on multiple occasions at other properties, but the support was lacking from this property. I've seen managers come through and burn out. This place is known for using up and burning out managers.
Pros
Live in Hawaii, and work with great people
Cons
No support
Fun place
Security/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2017
Fun place to work and grow learn different aspects of hospitality such as learning front desk duties as well as housekeeping. Assisting employees in day to day operations
Pros
discounts on travel
Westini
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2017
The westini wasnt so bad ill come in from 7 til about 2;30 I would have 13 rooms in 1 day ome p[erson only cleaning the rooms it is ok I clean pretty fast
Love the Challenge
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 17, 2017
I love that a day at work is never the same thing twice. I like the constant challenge in working with all departments, mentoring, training and feel very rewarded at the end of the day.
Pros
free lunch, medical benefits, employee appreciation events
Westin of Charlotte
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2017
Management is very hands on at the Westin of Charlotte. If things need to be done they management takes care of them immediately. A regular day at work consist of meeting many new people and dealing with people from all walks of life. I can't really think of any part of the job being very difficult. What one person has a problem with you can always count on a co-worker or manager to help you figure out. Everyone does a great job when it comes to team work.
good place to work, great benefits once full time
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 12, 2017
union hotel, so good benefits once you get full time hours for staff. Management does a pretty good job of listening to staff concerns. People overall seem to enjoy their jobs.
Pros
employee dining room, free meals, union
Cons
may not get full time hours for a long time, especially in service/bartending
Stay away not a good fit for anyone
Bqt chef (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 12, 2017
Chef and Sous stay away you have no control in your position and do not want to pay!! No good
Want you to be responsible for everything with out being responsible
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Hardworking and fun
PBX Operator/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2017
This hotel was in a central location to Las Vegas, which made it very busy, and at times this was challenging. Overall, I really appreciated the management's hard work to make it a great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits, regular employee recognition
Cons
Smoke in the casino near lobby
Nice job
Valet Driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 7, 2017
Good job however not enough pay/hours for an adult with bills. The job was very settle and easy, you got to see and interact with a lot of customers and be apart of a lot of events....just not enough pay.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Pay
Great city view
Room attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2017
Nice and cozy place to work great hours and unlimited over time clean and fresh smelling friendly environment very positive place I've ever worked friendly co workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Expensive parking
Fun work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 6, 2017
Working with this job was a fun work environment for me but the work got slow I wish I could go back I learn a lot bout coking at this job and met some great people
Pros
Free food
Cons
fast paced environment, friendly staff.
Room Attendant/ Supervisor PRN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 3, 2017
working at the westin you're always moving. this hotel has a fast paced environment as well as a friendly staff who is there to help step by step. this hotel is located directly next to Lenox Square Mall as well as Shops At Lenox on the back side of the hotel. very convenient for guests to do any shopping they need. there are also a variety of restaurants in the local area.
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2017
The Westin San Diego is a great place to work. Most of the employees have been there for many years, giving this property a sense of family. There are many great perks to working there. Great benefits, discounts and advancement opportunities.
Good
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2017
I would rather not comment again about this company. I had a good time there and the tips were great. I would do it again if they paid more. I had to leave because the compensation was not making it worth my time.
Pros
Tips
great environment
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 30, 2017
great place to work with many friendly people. provide lunch which is nice. downside is housekeeping department is highly unorganized and management has not done much to rectify this