Westin Hotel Employee Reviews in United States

Not a good company to work for
Accounts Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 4, 2015
No training, too much put one one person, no support very low wages all around not a good company to work for. Worked there for 4 months, was given very little training, and had a terrible supervisor. The pay was terrible, and the job duties were to much for one person to handle. Mistakes were made as a result.
Diverse work environment
Hoppitality (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CANovember 4, 2015
Diverse work environment and supportive management. There is room for advancement and different departments to move around to.
Ideal for a person who is passionate about people
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2015
This company is not only a great company to work for, but it's a company that offers fair benefits as well. This is one of the few hotel groups that have various opportunities for growth.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
pay
very fun and interesting place to work,,,,
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 26, 2015
Working at the Westin was truly a great experience for me. All the team work and the nice attitude of the managers made this experience really amazing. A very fun place to work then, the Saints used to stay there during the home games.
Pros
Free Lunches, Breakfasts
Cons
short breaks, low salary
LOVED working here!
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2015
Loved working here because I learned so much. the only downfall is the compensation was low and our office was housed in the basement.
Awesome Experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 24, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy especially in the morning for breakfast buffet as long as Ala carte menu and room service. While in the PM shift is busy also we take care of the bar,restaurant and room service.
I learned a lot from this establishment my co-workers are very kind to teach me. We always help each other if his/her line is busy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is everyday you always learn something new. Also you got to work with different wonderful people.

The staffs at Westin Arlington Gateway are super awesome and friendly.
Horrrible Mangement, great co workers
Night Auditor/PBX (Former Employee) –  new yorkOctober 16, 2015
busy always unfairness in front desk busy busy busy, hard part being busy typical busy the hardest part about the job busy
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
poor mangement
hectic
Director of Front Office (Current Employee) –  Wilton Manors, FLOctober 7, 2015
no work life balance, cut staff in half before realizing that the staff was needed. the staff working was very professional however overhelmed
Pros
parking
Cons
no staff
nice environment
Chef (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIOctober 6, 2015
was a brand new hotel and everything was in excellent condition. This job gave me the opportunity to work from the ground up.
I enjoyed the morning workout
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham ALOctober 3, 2015
I just enjoyed the hotel period. I thank them for the opportunity working for the Westin Hotel. I learned many things to do and don't as a housekeeper how things it could become difficult but we as a team have to make it happen.
Fun workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2015
Great company to work for. Fun people and fun atmosphere. You work with a lot of famous people which is a great experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not much selection for lunch
Great company allowing you to express your management style
Assistant Manager - Service Express (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2015
A globally strong company spread across the globe. Plenty of opportunity to grow if you are willing to relocate. Cross training is awesome and continuous talent management is what separates this company.
Pros
Good growth.
Cons
Very competitive for growth.
Nice people
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day at work was stocking, filing, copying, transferring phone calls, and watching the security camera. I learned a lot like how to make room service reservations, spa reservations, using the phones, transferring calls, and so on. Management was nice. Co-workers were very nice and helpful. I liked it. Therefore, there was no hardest part. The most enjoyable part was watching the security camera and keeping busy.
Pros
Keeping busy
Great Place to Work
Banquet Bartender (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 29, 2015
The culture of the Westin is great, with a management team that does everything in their power to help the staff. The benefits are like no other company I have ever worked for. They are always looking to train employees to better equipped them to help deliver great service.
Sales Manager
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh PASeptember 29, 2015
A typical days work. I prospect new accounts, touch base with accounts that I am currently working on. Set up site visits with clients and work on responding to leads that come into the hotel. I also find leads throughout the process of internet search, or other avenues we have available to us.
Pros
most enjoyable is great co workers
Cons
not great for long term growth, as no one leaves
Great place to be at work
Recreational staff (Former Employee) –  Kaanapali, HISeptember 28, 2015
Days start at 8:00 am, starting load towels, set up beach umbrellas, each guest is wearing a Westin Hotel wristband. Interacting with guest, building close relationships. I've learned to take initiative, work in the heat, great customer service whether it's for a guest that stays there going out my way to make that guest satisfied. Always have smile on my face, no matter the situation never frown or get depressed. The hardest part of the job was clocking out, I loved what I do so its not easy to leave the work site. The Kids!
Pros
Free activities
Cons
30 MIN Break
Benefits
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 22, 2015
This company offers a handful of benefits. Co-workers are great, and you will always learn something new! A typical workday is consistent
Great environment, great team of staff.
Restaurant Server, Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 6, 2015
Very busy, you are always on the move. I learn to be patient and very alert when dealing with customers.
Management changes a lot.
My team of co-workers was a hard working lot, we always try to make our customers happy.
Job can get real busy especially in the morning from 7 am -9 am.
The most enjoyable part of the job to me is from the Start of the shift to last minute of your day.
Responsible for day to day operations of housekeeping/laundry departments in a 500 room hotel
Director of Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2015
I enjoyed working with the diverse employees we had and the guest of the Hotel. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with other managers within the Hotel. All were looking for the next promotion and relocation they could apply for...this made for a very unproductive management team.
Pros
Working with employees and guest
Cons
the hours
Learned great customer service
Valet (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 26, 2015
Management regularly checked in with us to ensure we were providing the best possible customer service to Westin guests. Getting to exercise while making a comparable living was very enjoyable.
Pros
Decent amount of tips; getting to be physically active in a work setting
Cons
Worked night shifts and people typically tip in the mornings for their cars