Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

Too early to tell really
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 16, 2017
N/A as of yet because I have only just begun, but started out making less than what I started in the same position in another city. Looking for my next opportunity.
Fun place to work with excellent leadership
Front Office & Reservation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 15, 2017
The Westin had a superb management team and a general manager with an open door policy. The front desk team worked well together and we were crossed trained in various departments.

We offered world class service and our guests expected it. We practiced getting to know the guest travel itinerary and was able to provide customized service.

There was excellent corporate support and unlimited online training and updated information on improvement in service excellence.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly staff and excellent management team.
Cons
High expectations of our guests, there was no room for errors.
Productive and fun place to work
Banquet Houseman (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2017
Westin is an awesome place to work, management is pretty cool, flex schedule, discounts on rooms any where. During hiring season you have a chance to advance to a different department or transfer to other hotels.
Pros
Free lunch, 15min union break, 30 min break, locker room, unionized
Cons
When it's super busy you can't really take a break, no free employee parking
Its like any other company with goods and bads
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 12, 2017
Westin is a great company to work for, no doubt about it. However, when I was working there, the person I reported to failed to train me efficiently in the areas of Westin culture, expectations and left before I was even there a year.
Fantastic
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COAugust 12, 2017
Good people. Good work. Great atmosphere. Everyones always working and working hard. Great bosses. Not enough pay. Not that nice of a hotel. Needs work
Pros
Good people
Cons
Shift isnt decided. Always staying late
N/a
Group Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 9, 2017
Great place to work and gain experience in the hospitality industry. Good for one who is looking to advance in an environment with high customer contact. You will learn to create different and effective ways to interact with different customers.
Fun place to work
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILAugust 9, 2017
The company is very dedicated of well-being of their employees. The job can get very stressful when there is events going on everywhere but there also can be a significant down time when there are no functions at all.
stress full
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDAugust 5, 2017
same as the Sheraton BWI same company.............. I am not sure what else to say its the same. there is not much more its exactly the same as my sister property
Pros
free lunch and dinner
Cons
not paid enough
same company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 5, 2017
good place to work. same company, white lodging. great manager. worked with great people. worked with all departments. enjoyed working with everyone.
Pros
good hotel.
Cons
small hotel
Okay to work
Overnight Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 3, 2017
A pretty good place to work the pay is not to good but the job itself is pretty good. The people that work they are good people
Theirs always something to keep busy d poo ing
Pros
Free lu ch
Cons
Low pay
Enjoy worker with new people
Housekeeping and Laundry Services (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 2, 2017
Enjoy meeting new people in the company and with the new attitude of people. the west in hotel. it is a good company but the boss are not at all.I have a express worker with the company but one day or the boss of west in hotel didn't say to me i did a good job
Security Officer
security officer Service and Concierge (Former Employee) –  Hollywood FloridaAugust 2, 2017
Patrol property, assist guest when locked out, customer service, providing security for special group functions. securing property after workers completed their chores
Professional restaurant with friendly, intelligent staff
Restaurant host/waitress (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN 55407August 2, 2017
A typical day is starting off at 7am and seeing customers come in and out the restaurant and checking in the lobby. Starts off really relaxing, by the time it hits 12pm sales start to increase and the sun hits the restaurant perfect. Everyone enjoys the atmosphere!
I appreciated the employment, not the atmosphere
Housekeeping Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MinnesotaJuly 27, 2017
Management showed facial bias. I have nearly 2 decades in the hospitality industry ,nearly half in a management capacity, but was constantly over looked , for Latin employees.
Its a job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 26, 2017
I was a security guard and most days were slow. Management did not seem to be a big part to the Westin. I saw many managers change in the dew months I was there. My manager did do much work, even if he actually managed to show up for his shift. The job was not hard and the pay was ok. It was a steady 40+ hour a week. job, but do not expect a great job here. Management is below par and in small depts. like mine its very hard to move up in your dept.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
sub-par management, no room for promotions
Not Bad at all...Good Company to wrok too...
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 22, 2017
I worked on this hotel for many years base on my experience working at the hotel it was not bad at all good benefits and employee's are the best to work too. Friendly environment to work too.
Server/Bartender/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2017
Working here taught me so much, how to handle myself in the craziest of situations. Work culture is something I genuinely feign for; I personally love working so nothing was wrong there. The hardest part of the job sometimes was handling the managers. I made some of my closest friends there. A typical day at work was getting excited to see the team I was working with that day. The encouragement my team and friends brought me. I worked really hard for that company so never anything went wrong. I hardly ever had any problems. Human resources was my favorite part, she was one of my biggest support systems and having that in my life as a college student encouraged bigger things for me.
I absolutely loved that company.
Friendly work environment
Front Desk Agent/PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 20, 2017
Nice place to work for an entry-level job. People are very friendly and helpful. Management can be strict sometimes. Benefits are very good. Employees get discounted rates when staying at other marriott hotel brands.
Westin Hotels (the company) was a Career-Defining Experience
Director of Sales & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 19, 2017
Westin will forever be my default brand...partly because of outstanding hotels in all the right locations. But more because Westin was my introduction to hospitality. Thankfully, I fit right in...in a company full of associates at all levels who represented the brand professionally...through communication, attire and demeanor. Truly, Western International, later Westin, as a company espoused values that defined an unparalleled experience for both customers and employees. When Westin became a brand under Starwood Hotels & Resorts, the company culture changed. But the travel experiences continue to be leading-edge.
Pros
People, Products, Services and Professionalism - An Exemplary Corporate Culture
Cons
None. Really.
a day at work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2017
Working for the Westin was a great experience, I learned so much and was able to be exposed to many different people and gave me the opportunity to handle different types of situations.