Westin Hotel Employee Reviews

Great place to be at work
Recreational staff (Former Employee) –  Kaanapali, HISeptember 28, 2015
Days start at 8:00 am, starting load towels, set up beach umbrellas, each guest is wearing a Westin Hotel wristband. Interacting with guest, building close relationships. I've learned to take initiative, work in the heat, great customer service whether it's for a guest that stays there going out my way to make that guest satisfied. Always have smile on my face, no matter the situation never frown or get depressed. The hardest part of the job was clocking out, I loved what I do so its not easy to leave the work site. The Kids!
Pros
Free activities
Cons
30 MIN Break
fun workplace with the room to get better management
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 15, 2015
First i want to state that this is an over night job.

Going into work everyday is always fun. Music playing in the lobby all the time ( this music is today's music not some boring lobby music). working overnight at the hotel consists of working with just a small group of people. the front desk consist of 4 if its busy 2 if its slow, housekeeping consist of 2 most of the time sometimes just 1, kitchen staff consist of 3 when busy 2 when slow, and valet which is just 1 all the time. overall the work is easily divided among us. The hardest thing is that everyone that DOESN'T work overnight doesn't know who we are or what we do, and with that i want to add that getting our supplies to do our work correctly because management forgets happens more often that it should. Lets just say management doesn't acknowledge you, a bit sexist, they play favorites, gossip. Lets just say they just suck. If Management changes it would be an awesome place to work until then i would advise you to think twice.
Sales Manager
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh PASeptember 29, 2015
A typical days work. I prospect new accounts, touch base with accounts that I am currently working on. Set up site visits with clients and work on responding to leads that come into the hotel. I also find leads throughout the process of internet search, or other avenues we have available to us.
Pros
most enjoyable is great co workers
Cons
not great for long term growth, as no one leaves
very fun and interesting place to work,,,,
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 26, 2015
Working at the Westin was truly a great experience for me. All the team work and the nice attitude of the managers made this experience really amazing. A very fun place to work then, the Saints used to stay there during the home games.
Pros
Free Lunches, Breakfasts
Cons
short breaks, low salary
Responsible for day to day operations of housekeeping/laundry departments in a 500 room hotel
Director of Housekeeping/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 4, 2015
I enjoyed working with the diverse employees we had and the guest of the Hotel. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with other managers within the Hotel. All were looking for the next promotion and relocation they could apply for...this made for a very unproductive management team.
Pros
Working with employees and guest
Cons
the hours
Great environment, great team of staff.
Restaurant Server, Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 6, 2015
Very busy, you are always on the move. I learn to be patient and very alert when dealing with customers.
Management changes a lot.
My team of co-workers was a hard working lot, we always try to make our customers happy.
Job can get real busy especially in the morning from 7 am -9 am.
The most enjoyable part of the job to me is from the Start of the shift to last minute of your day.
Great company allowing you to express your management style
Assistant Manager - Service Express (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2015
A globally strong company spread across the globe. Plenty of opportunity to grow if you are willing to relocate. Cross training is awesome and continuous talent management is what separates this company.
Pros
Good growth.
Cons
Very competitive for growth.
Too many staff to supervise.
Steward (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 3, 2016
Everyone is positive you will always be greeted and welcomed into work. Staff members are very helpful and work as one unit.
Learned great customer service
Valet (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 26, 2015
Management regularly checked in with us to ensure we were providing the best possible customer service to Westin guests. Getting to exercise while making a comparable living was very enjoyable.
Pros
Decent amount of tips; getting to be physically active in a work setting
Cons
Worked night shifts and people typically tip in the mornings for their cars
Ideal for a person who is passionate about people
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2015
This company is not only a great company to work for, but it's a company that offers fair benefits as well. This is one of the few hotel groups that have various opportunities for growth.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
pay
Good
Front Office Agent (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Job security fer sure
Basically, be good to them and they'll take care of you.
Good company in general and excellent benefits.
Beautiful workplace and Fun co-workers
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 20, 2015
Welcomed the guests(check-in)
Fare welled them(check-out)
Dealt with any issues guest(s) may have had.
I learned a lot about the Hospitality industry.
Management needed some work.
My co-workers were really nice.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the floods and leaks.
The most enjoyable part was making the guests experience an unforgettable one(in a positive way).
Pros
they provided food for first, second and third shifts.
Cons
No employee parking.
Great Place to Work
Banquet Bartender (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 29, 2015
The culture of the Westin is great, with a management team that does everything in their power to help the staff. The benefits are like no other company I have ever worked for. They are always looking to train employees to better equipped them to help deliver great service.
Fun place to work
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 3, 2015
The hardest part of this job is being overbooked. That is definitely a challenge because then we have to find people other places to stay. A typical night was coming in and making sure everyone showed up for their shift if not you need to find coverage. Then I would walk around a make sure each department was running smoothly. Late check out rooms were getting cleaned.
I enjoy our outings with the sales team
Catering Sales Manager, Corporate Sales (Current Employee) –  Southfield MIJuly 15, 2015
Typical day at work
Staying in touch with existing accounts
Always learning new portals / programs to prospect new business in to shift from our competitor
Must meet goals in monthly revenue, outside sales calls, prospecting and site visits at the hotel
My co-workers are great to work with and the upper management is also great and have good relationships with them
We have a team outing at the end of each Q.
The hardest part of the job is to continue to find new business and increase revenue each month.
Best part of the job is always meeting new people and working with the different cultures;
It's a productive day, sometimes we're busy other times we're not. We tend to be more busy in the summer than fall/winter.
Busser/Host (Current Employee) –  Virginia BeachJuly 14, 2015
This company is a good place to work and you'll meet a lot of great people. You make overall good money here for what you do at least in restaurant and banquets. The management is overall great and concise. The people there that you will meet are all great and fun people to work with.
Pros
dinner is only $4
Cons
Sometimes a lot of hours
Fast pace environment with fun entergetic people.
Audio specialist (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 6, 2015
The Westin was at one point a really exciting place to work, until management changed. From the point on things was not quite the same.
Fun at workplace
Housekeeping/Stewarding/Kids Club (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage California 92270July 21, 2015
We had the Employee Party, and employees would get awards for how good the job was. And for birthdays the Chef would surprise us with a cake. That was most enjoyable, some of my co workers were working as a team, others were putting me down that was the hardes part of the job.
Pros
Free lunches, Chef would cook for the whole kitchen departments
Cons
health care
fun fast pace place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 9, 2015
Great place to begin your hospitality and culinary career. In the heart of a fun city, Orlando, where there are so many activities available for the whole family, you can't go wrong with a job at one of the best hotels in the area. Near all the theme parks and the best weather all year round. Fiorella's restaurant at Westin Universal Boulevard where you can experience some of the best Italian cuisine and wines without leaving the states. Also great staff to work with.
I enjoyed the morning workout
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham ALOctober 3, 2015
I just enjoyed the hotel period. I thank them for the opportunity working for the Westin Hotel. I learned many things to do and don't as a housekeeper how things it could become difficult but we as a team have to make it happen.