Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC

Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC United States Employee Reviews

employees are great managment is another story
materials dept (Current Employee), Shoreview, MNApril 14, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
receive in parts and put them away. co workers are ok some have their won agendas though. management has no clue what goes on. promote people with no experience and let the ones leave they should try to keep. to much stress during they day get pulled in 10 directions always fighting fires. benefits are great though, if you can stand the rest of it
Minimal opportunities for technicians to advance
Electrical Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Warrendale,PAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Above average salary, clean work environment, ongoing training
Cons: No ladder to ascend for technicians, job recognition minimal
Choice of 4x10,5x8 or 3x12 weekend night or day shifts
Many types of work daily .
Component Assembly
Cabinet Wiring
Cabinet system testing
Component testing
NRC compliance
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXApril 9, 2015
This is for TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company, not other Westinghouse places.

People are great to work with. It has a sense of family atmosphere. People really carry for each other. People from engineers to shop workers are really approachable. Many people have 10+ yrs of experience.
Struggling to change
Multi-billion leader (Current Employee), United StatesApril 6, 2015
Pros: Challenging work.
Cons: Benefits, pay, no growth.
Westinghouse is struggling along with the rest of the nuclear industry. No real career paths, difficult to get promoted.
Fast-paced environment comitted to quality and safety.
Project Specialist (Current Employee), Cranberry, PAMarch 28, 2015
In my current position attention to detail is essential, critical project milestones are priority and handling multiple jobs simultaneously is the norm.

Throughout my career I have acted as “the hub” of information: communicating and coordinating efforts across multiple groups and organizations with an emphasis on quality and teamwork.
Good place to work with great benefits and pay rates
Recruiting Coordinator, HR-Talent Acquisition (Current Employee), Township of Cranberry, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free parking, great pay and benefits, access to many amenities on campus
Cons: Too far from home to last until retirement from the company
Westinghouse is a great place to work with great benefits and pay rates. Transition training could be better. Work atmosphere is good. A lot of changes have taken place which has bogged down employees with extra workload in most areas of business. I would stay but since moving from Monroeville to Cranberry Township it has caused my work/home life balance to be a bit off and I would like to be closer to home.
Engineering Co-op
Reactor Services Field Technician I (Former Employee), New Stanton, PAMarch 12, 2015
Hatfield’s Ferry Power Station – Masontown, Pennsylvania

Unit 3 Heat Rate Analysis
Plant & Coal Yard Environmental Survey
fun place to work,a laugh a sec.
Inspector II (Former Employee), Windsor, CTMarch 11, 2015
Pros: beautiful lunches
Cons: communtions with mangement
a productive a work. educationa.l

always learning new procedure's.

management very straight forward and easily going.

co workers fun to work with ,we have each others back.

hardest part of the job knowing that the job will end one day.

enjoyable part of the job, is knowing the product will help energize the worlds electricity.
Abundant Paperwork, Testing, and Design of Power Plants
Test Engineer (Current Employee), Warrendale, PAFebruary 16, 2015
As a test engineer, I document and test a safety system of a power plant at a testing facility. On a typical day of work, I interface with other engineers and technicians on testing cabinets of the safety system.
Nice, safe job but not much room for advancement
Piping Analysis/Fracture Mechanics Engineer (Current Employee), Cranberry Twp, PAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: promotes safety
Cons: poor management
There is not much effort from upper management to provide you with incentive to work harder. You feel stuck in your position.
WEC
Engineering (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAFebruary 11, 2015
Excellent pay and benefits. Corporate direction and leadership are lacking. Hopefully, nuclear gets back on its feet and direction will be more apparent.
Meetings, Mettings, Meetings
Senior Engineer (Current Employee), Windsor, CTJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: interesting work
Cons: design by committee
In any given eight hour work day, you can expect to attend up to six hours worth of meetings, sometimes more. Some of that you may be asked to make up on your personal time. A practice called "casual over time".

When you're not in meetings you'll spend countless hours in a futile attempt to be current on your ever changing training curriculum. Or trying to figure out how to use the new and improved replacement to whatever business tool was phased out last week.

Eventually, you'll find some time to try and get some real work done. However, you will eventually run into a procedural road block. At which time, you will be required to go to a meeting.

Not all bad, the work is very niche and therefore interesting. You can learn a lot and meet a ton of fascinating people in the process.
Challenging and Rewarding
Internship (Former Employee), Madison, PAJanuary 12, 2015
As an intern at Westinghouse, I was responsible for structural analysis of steam generator tube sections. I worked extensively with ANSYS classic to build and solve FEA models, which I then used engineering calculations and ingenuity to determine if the models solved correctly or not. These calculations were then used in multiple subsequent calculation notes, and then stored in the Westinghouse database.
Average
Principal Marketing Engineer (Former Employee), Cranberry, PADecember 26, 2014
The company has been laying off employees. The most difficult aspect of the job was the bureaucracy, but I think that is prevalent in most if not all companies.
QA
Quality Assurance Programmable CMM (Current Employee), Newington, NHDecember 23, 2014
Great place to work, I have learned how to preform NDT, co-works are great to be around and the hardest thing about Westinghouse is badging in the morning.
A good place to work
Engineering Aide B (Current Employee), Cranberry, PANovember 30, 2014
Pros: safety first
Cons: low or no raises. benefits are getting worse.
Here you are guaranteed to have a good job as well as working with many talented individuals. A job is what you put in to it. If you want to move up in the company the opportunities are there.
Interning at Westinghouse
Intern (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 21, 2014
Pros: free coffee, clean office, awesome mentor program.
Cons: confined work space
While an intern at Westinghouse, I learned key concepts of business and life within an Engineering office that I had not experienced with any other job previously. It was my first real engineering experience so I kept my ears and eyes open to learn and observe while I could. Westinghouse cultivates a very professional environment and I felt that with each person I talked to, I could learn something from them about how to conduct myself within a professional setting. Company supervisors did well in communicated with employees and working with them on occasion. My supervisor gave me some jobs that I could handle easily and some jobs that I needed to learn to do. The hardest part of the job was initially getting used to daily office life as well as familiarizing myself with company systems and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with computer software that actually let me accomplish real engineering work that helped progress the company along. Overall, I will say that it was a positive experience with everything that I learned and did, along with the friends and connections that I made there.
Contract Senior Structural engineer
Contract Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Township of Cranberry, PANovember 17, 2014
I did like it working there, everything is on the campus even working out.
Causal Analysis Lead (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 16, 2014
Worked after retiring from military. Good benefits. Nuclear Industry.
Good company to work for
Administrative (Current Employee), Cranberry TownshipNovember 16, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: pay is ok
Good Company with work life balance. Nice work schedule. Co-workers are nice to work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC

Westinghouse Electric Company provides a wide range of nuclear power plant products and services to utilities throughout the world. We – Read more

Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC Salaries