Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC

Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC Employee Reviews

Not a great safety culture
Manager at Columbia Fuel Facility (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 8, 2017
I raised several concerns. My boss disagreed with my concerns or did not want to address. He eliminated my job to ensure my silence. His nicknames is the silent asassin. I was afraid to speak up for fear of losing my severance.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Safety Culture
Unstable...
E. Tech (Former Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Worked for this company as E. Tech for 4 years, and was never hired permanently. Once management changed, everything changed. And was laid off on return from the outage I was on. New management hired former co-workers from his last job and laid off my ENTIRE training class. The pay is good, but there is no guarantee you can make a career with the layoffs and poor leadership in management. Basically if you get in good with management, youll have a job for life.
Pros
Good money, travel
Cons
Unstable, lack of leadership, favoritism
Challenging Environment
Electrical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PAAugust 28, 2016
As things change as it relates to our economy, so does the workplace. An extremely competitive work environment, which a lot of times created a combative work environment. If an environment like that fits one's personality, then it is a wonder place to work, if it does not fit one's personality, it could create a lot of stresses.
Not a great outlook
Manager, Technology and Product Development (Current Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILJanuary 9, 2017
With the current management issues, the future of this company does not seem as bright as it did 5 years ago. With the missteps in acquisitions and inability to improve issues with under performing employees, the company is not on the upward trajectory it once was.
Pros
Global teams of talented engineers
Cons
Reduction in employee benefits, poor senior management
A good job with lots of advancement potential.
Nuclear Refueler (Current Employee) –  Madison, PAOctober 22, 2016
The last 14 years have been awesome. In the last year, however the management has not been willing to work with it's employees and have very unreasonable expectiations with respect to the amount of work they are taking on. This company's management is setting itself up for disaster, and I do not want to be a part of a losing team.
Pros
Good pay, lots of travel, lots of opportunities.
Cons
Cutting hard on benefits, especially for exempt employees.
Good environment
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 29, 2017
Good people to work with. Culture revolves around safety. The work is good and benefits are good. The pay starts out a little low and takes awhile to advance, but overall it's a good company to work for.
Pros
Safety
Cons
pay increase could be faster
Productive and a fun working enviorment
Rod Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, SCFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day at work would be to make sure the nuclear rods were clean of foreign materials. You will meet some great people their willing to help when needed. Hands on training is great. the management is great the work environment is great never had a dull moment. the hardest part of the job will be stopping the machines to fix a problem that can slow production down tremendously enjoyed working with my team had a great team the best I ever had take note you are working in nuclear plant but good new they have nurses available incase of accident and they monitor you.
Pros
Gain new skills, great people, great enviorment third shift is the best for college students.
Cons
working where thier nuclear
Not satisfied with this company
HR Administrator/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 13, 2016
I was sequestered from CB&I by Westinghouse and I wouldn't recommend working for this company to anyone as they not only lied to me about when I would receive my raise or the fact that I would even get a raise considering I was finally told a day after the deadline for communication that I wouldn't be receiving a raise at all after I had been promised it for months.
A responsible company.
Source Inspector (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 23, 2017
Very good employee retention and support with resolving concerns. Serious about nuclear safety culture and quality. Has perks programs and good benefits available.
Bureacratic and very compartmentalized
Principal Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, PAJuly 31, 2016
Management tends to be out of touch with day to day processes.
Coworkers are knowledgeable and team oriented.
Work is interesting and challenging.
Education opportunities are very good.
IT and cyber security is surprisingly poor for a company owned by Toshiba.
Travel policy and per-diems are generous.
In the field materials and tools are top notch.
Safety culture fully enforced.
Work location is very rural.
Pros
Very knowledgeable coworkers
Cons
procurement is burdensome

Want to know more about Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC?

Ask a question
Challenging work environment.
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Management very capable and is forced to make difficult decisions on a daily basis. Long hours to accomplish schedule driven objectives.
Not a place I would recommend
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 17, 2016
Management is not qualified for the jobs they have. Working environment is very hostile and there is no accountability. Company benefits have gotten worse, pay increase system is horrible but management refuses to change it. While working there two employees were set up and fired.
Pros
Decent Pay For Utah
Cons
Hostile Work Environment, Unqualified Managment, No Accountability
High passed environment, never monotonous work, and always something to learn
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJune 14, 2016
It is a stable company trying to grow internationally. Government laws and politics come hand in hand and create many obstacles for Westinghouse which intern allows us to grow intellectually. Due to the changes in higher management stability with employees seems to be an issue therefore putting pressures on others to complete the tasks at hand.
Pros
Most enlighten part of the job is that I get to work closely with the General Senior council
Challenging environment
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Township of Cranberry, PAFebruary 7, 2017
Westinghouse has an excellent environment to practice engineering skills, but is a difficult company to advance within without strong backing of supervisors. Work/life balance can be challenging for some functions.
Used to be great
Principal Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJanuary 21, 2017
I used to love working for Westinghouse. Being a part of the nuclear power industry is a passion of mine, and the people I work with are truly amazing. However, our current executive team has really lost the trust of their employees and with an imminent multi billion dollar write off, it is time to look elsewhere.
very good environment and very easy going
Principal software engineer (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJanuary 15, 2017
I really like to work for Westinghouse, I gained so much and really developed in personal and professional aspects and gained good experienced in my career.
Pros
many good programs paid by company specially the training
Westinghouse Review
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  PAJanuary 4, 2017
No one is ever held accountable is this company. Nothing is on schedule and cost over runs are always created by never doing it right the first time. Upper management points fingers when they should look in the mirror.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Stress
Good place to work - compensation is fair.
Start Up and Special Test Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAJanuary 15, 2017
Good place to work - compensation is fair. Unrealistic schedule and financial troubles of Toshiba/Westinghouse make the job challenging at times. Part of the nuclear renaissance.
Sales support
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 19, 2017
W is a solid company. Lots of opportunities domestically and abroad. Standard office environment and culture for Pittsburgh PA.
Pros
Solid company
Cons
Standard pay
Had a great career that includes typical ups and downs
Manager of Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Newington, NHAugust 25, 2016
Was provided excellent growth opportunities. The company has changed over the past 15+ years and most recently has had to make difficult choices to respond to market conditions. It is still a great place to work and they service an important industry so it is possible to have a fulfilling career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC Reviews by Location