Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC

Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC Employer Reviews

Great work enviroment with excellent people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Portsmouth NHOctober 8, 2013
Pros: ability to work at your own pace.
Cons: there are no cons that i have noticed
My typical day at work is scanning and keeping quality records organized by using programs such as microsoft and excel. I learned various clerical duties working here that will benefit me greatly in the future. My most enjoyable part of my day is communicated with my co workers. Everyone has a great attitude which makes it easier to work.
Excellent work place.
Senior Administrative Aide (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: gym on location.
Cons: distant from home to company
A typical day at work is assisting the managers and engineers with editorial revieww, travel arrangements, expense reporting completions, monthly reports sent to various departments, and entry of workforce time on spreadsheet for forecasting of six months work schedule.
Good company going through changes involving culture and management.
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee), Township of Cranberry, PASeptember 17, 2013
Pros: smart, intelligent people
Cons: work life balance can sometimes be difficult
Had many wonderful experiences but career advancement in some functions of company difficult.
Great Technical Field with ample challenges
SYSTEMONE CONTRACTOR (Former Employee), Windsor CT & Newington NHJuly 14, 2013
Pros: technical requirements and challenges
Setup Dynamic Test Group and operated Testing Labs.
Performed FEAs on Reactor Coolant Pumps and various Plants.
Extensive Experience on Flow Induced Vibration testing and analysis.
Technical Project Manager on several Replacement Steam Generator Projects.
lay-offs with no warning
Material Handler (Former Employee), Madison, PAJuly 13, 2013
laid off with less than 1 year to meet retirement benefits. was a good work until the economy tanked and we lost a lot of big contracts.
Good Company to Learn At
Intern - High Voltage Distribution Design (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: good people, nice work environment
Cons: cubicals
As an intern there I was readily accepted and included in every aspect of what the engineer in charge of me did. The engineering department was full of very smart, and kind people. I was able to learn a lot about what goes into designing a system. If I needed a day off for whatever reason it was as easy as asking, there was never any hassles about it.
Challenging and supportive
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAJuly 12, 2013
Pros: great facilities
Cons: currently going through a period of lay-offs
Management on all my contract positions at WEC were easy to work with and helpful. Duties could be varied if you wanted that, they were willing to give me special project as my schedule allowed.
Good Company for Nuclear Professionals
Program Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 4, 2013
Pros: good benefits and healthy life style
Cons: layoffs dependent on projects
A good company to start career and advancement. The hardest part of the job is the uncertainity associated with the nuclear power plant projects
Horrible treatment of employees
Strategic Sourcing - BOP (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAJune 22, 2013
Pros: co-workers were ok
Cons: see above
Worked in the procurement in BOP during the "Nuclear Renaissance" propaganda period. SCM management absolutely atrocious - lies, intimidation, retaliations were the norm. Stay away from the procurement department if you can - highly doubt that atmosphere changed there, unless they fired the lot (unlikely).
Enjoyed working at westinghouse
CNC Maintenance (Former Employee), Newington, NHJune 21, 2013
Pros: excellant medical
Cons: lunch was 20 min.
Enjoyed trouble shooting machines. I learned that talking to the operator of the machine i needed to repair, helped me move in the right direction to solve the problem with the equipment. Management was slow on the schedule of pm work orders. I worked yery well the the machine shop operators. Not finding a problem with the machine. Finding a difficult – more... problem a repairing it in a short time. – less
Great company but with a lot of red tapes
Engineer (Current Employee), USAJune 19, 2013
People are generally great, there is good work life balance, and it is in an unique industry.
Constructs Nuclear Power Plants, Can be a great place to work depending on your interest
System Engineer (Current Employee), Windsor, CTJune 16, 2013
Pros: above average benefits, allows tele-commuting couple days a week
Cons: requires to travel
Safety Control System Design, Documentation, Solutions
PLC base control System Design
Management is decent
Great co-workers
Documentation
Doing actual engineering work
high energy, fast paced and long hours,
QC Operator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJune 7, 2013
Pros: you are always busy and high paced.
To approve and qualify product for both internal and external customers according to procedures and regulations. I also had to input data into computer and over check other team members etc.
I loved working at Westinghouse
Director (Former Employee), Pittsburgh PAMay 6, 2013
I loved working at Westinghouse. This space does not have room for 33 years worth of what I did, learned, and liked.
Creative fast pace work environment on the cutting edge of technology
Sr Instructional Designer / Trainer (Current Employee), Columbia, SCApril 20, 2013
Instructional design work, classroom training, consulting, area support, leadership programs, mentoring, coaching, planning and coordinating, logistics, budget management, and facilitation
Strained Resource Management due to ongoing headcount reductions caused by retracted business opportunities
Global Supply Chain Management (Former Employee), Cranberry Township, PAApril 18, 2013
A great place to start and make a career
Product Lead (Former Employee), Madison PAApril 2, 2013
It was a great place to create a career and advance. The employees were great to work with. Everyday provided new challenges and opportunities.
Westinghouse Electric Company
Engineer (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZMarch 29, 2013
Pros: free coffee, snacks, and drinks.
Cons: extremely regulated and process intensive development environment.
Westinghouse commercial nuclear is great place for those who are interested in developing products over a very long period of time.
Good Company to work for, stable employment
Project Management (Former Employee), Windsor, CTMarch 5, 2013
Pros: excercise facilities
Cons: somewhat noisy office environment
Westinghouse is a large comlany with major offices in Pittsburgh. The company bought the Combustion Engineering company in Windsor in 2000. The Windsor facilty is smaller and somewhat disconnected from the Pittsburgh facility when it comes to advancements and work load. However, the hours are flexible and the benefits are good..
Challenging and professional
Site EHS/Continuous Improvement Lead (Former Employee), Blairsville, PAFebruary 28, 2013
Each day is different and comes with different challenges. Learned much about culture change and continuous improvement. Co-workers were very helpful and made a good team. the hardest part was trying to influence a culture change. Many are set in their ways. Knowing I was able to make a difference was very rewarding and enjoyable along with training – more... other employees in lean, problem solving, and human performance. – less