Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC Employee Reviews

Good company for work for
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 10, 2017
Good company in general.

They gave you a lot of opportunities to try different things.

They will overload you if you ask for more work.

Their technology is most advanced in the world.

They can hire the best engineers in the world.
Workday
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2017
Long construction days in the field and office. Greatest learning experience in licensing, design, permitting,, construction, installation, startup , and close out
Circling the drain
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCApril 5, 2017
The management of Westinghouse has run the company into the ground (and chapter 11 bankruptcy). Worse still is that the culture of the company has become toxic.
Poor management of construction function and decisions
Project Controls Manager, I (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 31, 2017
Poor decisions leading to filing for bankruptcy. Adverse to implementing actions to improve performance, stuck in existing process which cause demise.
Building Maintenance
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXMarch 27, 2017
Was such a new and exciting culture to move into from my previous employment. Co-worker and non related staff were very helpful and understanding to your needs.
Intelligent, Experienced Employees who care about their work vs. numerous layers of management not anywhere near being on the same page
Senior Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warrendale, PAMarch 22, 2017
-Will not be noticed or promoted unless you're "in" with the right crowd
-Way too many layers of middle management
-Laying of employees/contractors left and right, leaving the employees who are left to work MANDATORY OT (50-60) hours/wk. with no OT pay / additional compensation or any other incentives for that matter (Oh, wait - They do provide an ice cream socials, occasionally)
-Ended my contract 4 months early after moving my family from Atlanta, GA to Cranberry, PA to work a promised one (1) year contract, minimum; No relocations moving fees to PA or back to ATL
Troubled nuclear industry
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 13, 2017
Westinghouse is essentially bankrupt. Good operating plant business, but no clear future with low gas prices driven by shale production. Management has made poor decisions and has communicated issues poorly with its employees.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unclear future
excelente
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Toa Baja Municipio, PRMarch 3, 2017
como mi primer empleo me dio la oportunidad de crecer
Pros
trabajar tiempo exttra
Cons
ninguna
Generallly good place to work except lately (6.3 Billion losses)
Supplier Quality Oversight Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAFebruary 20, 2017
I enjoy my job and perform it well. The days typically go fast , I enjoy working with my team and face challenges daily, the fun is coming together as a team and deciding on the best way to resolve them. I have had 9 Managers in 10 years, it sucks having to prove yourself over and over again and the promotions usually go to the cronies and the same people. Upper management personnel are in it for themselves and rarely even recognize the talented people that work here. The hardest part of working for WEC is seeing those less experienced and qualified continue to move up, and upper management not pursuing or really taking advantage of the talent that they have.
Pros
Good pay when you can get a raise or promotion.
Cons
Mangement-good old boys network
Sales support
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 19, 2017
W is a solid company. Lots of opportunities domestically and abroad. Standard office environment and culture for Pittsburgh PA.
Pros
Solid company
Cons
Standard pay

Want to know more about Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC?

Ask a question
descent place to work
Supervisory Engineer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 18, 2017
Westinghouse is mainly focused on nuclear power work including engineering, fuel, modifications, and others. the company has new reactor design that it is trying to market and currently two Westinghouse plants are being built in USA
Collegial workplace, challenging work
Senior Counsel (Current Employee) –  Township of Cranberry, PAFebruary 12, 2017
The Legal Department is made up of a collegial group of lawyers and related professionals. All are hard-working and supportive of each other and the group. The work is challenging and can be fast-paced at times.
Productive and a fun working enviorment
Rod Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, SCFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day at work would be to make sure the nuclear rods were clean of foreign materials. You will meet some great people their willing to help when needed. Hands on training is great. the management is great the work environment is great never had a dull moment. the hardest part of the job will be stopping the machines to fix a problem that can slow production down tremendously enjoyed working with my team had a great team the best I ever had take note you are working in nuclear plant but good new they have nurses available incase of accident and they monitor you.
Pros
Gain new skills, great people, great enviorment third shift is the best for college students.
Cons
working where thier nuclear
Not a great safety culture
Manager at Columbia Fuel Facility (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 8, 2017
I raised several concerns. My boss disagreed with my concerns or did not want to address. He eliminated my job to ensure my silence. His nicknames is the silent asassin. I was afraid to speak up for fear of losing my severance.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Safety Culture
Challenging environment
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Township of Cranberry, PAFebruary 7, 2017
Westinghouse has an excellent environment to practice engineering skills, but is a difficult company to advance within without strong backing of supervisors. Work/life balance can be challenging for some functions.
Challenging work environment.
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAFebruary 2, 2017
Management very capable and is forced to make difficult decisions on a daily basis. Long hours to accomplish schedule driven objectives.
Flexible work schedule; high competency co-workers
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 1, 2017
Safety conscious work environment with emphasis on doing flawless work. Flexibility to adopt alternate work schedules like telecommuting, 9-80, 4-10s.
Good environment
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 29, 2017
Good people to work with. Culture revolves around safety. The work is good and benefits are good. The pay starts out a little low and takes awhile to advance, but overall it's a good company to work for.
Pros
Safety
Cons
pay increase could be faster
Great Workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJanuary 28, 2017
Working as an intern in the Layout department was very satisfying. I learned how civilian reactors were laid out. We interfaced with several departments to ensure all hardware in the plant will get installed in the plant with no interference.
A responsible company.
Source Inspector (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORJanuary 23, 2017
Very good employee retention and support with resolving concerns. Serious about nuclear safety culture and quality. Has perks programs and good benefits available.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC Reviews by Location