Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC Employee Reviews

very good environment and very easy going
Principal software engineer (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJanuary 15, 2017
I really like to work for Westinghouse, I gained so much and really developed in personal and professional aspects and gained good experienced in my career.
Pros
many good programs paid by company specially the training
Good place to work - compensation is fair.
Start Up and Special Test Lead Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAJanuary 15, 2017
Good place to work - compensation is fair. Unrealistic schedule and financial troubles of Toshiba/Westinghouse make the job challenging at times. Part of the nuclear renaissance.
Unstable...
E. Tech (Former Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Worked for this company as E. Tech for 4 years, and was never hired permanently. Once management changed, everything changed. And was laid off on return from the outage I was on. New management hired former co-workers from his last job and laid off my ENTIRE training class. The pay is good, but there is no guarantee you can make a career with the layoffs and poor leadership in management. Basically if you get in good with management, youll have a job for life.
Pros
Good money, travel
Cons
Unstable, lack of leadership, favoritism
Review comments
Senior Pipe Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cranberry, PAJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at Westinghouse for last 4 year and nine months in pipe support groups. My manager and my lead were very cooperative and provided me a helpful guidance.
Not a great outlook
Manager, Technology and Product Development (Current Employee) –  Lake Bluff, ILJanuary 9, 2017
With the current management issues, the future of this company does not seem as bright as it did 5 years ago. With the missteps in acquisitions and inability to improve issues with under performing employees, the company is not on the upward trajectory it once was.
Pros
Global teams of talented engineers
Cons
Reduction in employee benefits, poor senior management
Westinghouse Review
Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  PAJanuary 4, 2017
No one is ever held accountable is this company. Nothing is on schedule and cost over runs are always created by never doing it right the first time. Upper management points fingers when they should look in the mirror.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Stress
Assembly
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  London, KYDecember 17, 2016
Nice work place.Nice people.V very good bosses and the company is a great inspiration for others.L love the company and the people.Highly recommend people
No expectation of long term employment for contractors
WELDING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 30, 2016
Great company to work for but constantly going through restructuring/reduction in force. The company seemed technically astute but administration of the work force was lacking,
Pros
Work Location was Uptown Charlotte, Nc
Cons
Constantly going through workforce size adjustments
Productive place with walking trail, Tennis court, Picnic tables
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cranbeery Twp., PANovember 30, 2016
Great working professional environment. Managers are very helpful and cooperative. Learned heavily on Nuclear Safety.
A good job with lots of advancement potential.
Nuclear Refueler (Current Employee) –  Madison, PAOctober 22, 2016
The last 14 years have been awesome. In the last year, however the management has not been willing to work with it's employees and have very unreasonable expectiations with respect to the amount of work they are taking on. This company's management is setting itself up for disaster, and I do not want to be a part of a losing team.
Pros
Good pay, lots of travel, lots of opportunities.
Cons
Cutting hard on benefits, especially for exempt employees.
Not satisfied with this company
HR Administrator/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 13, 2016
I was sequestered from CB&I by Westinghouse and I wouldn't recommend working for this company to anyone as they not only lied to me about when I would receive my raise or the fact that I would even get a raise considering I was finally told a day after the deadline for communication that I wouldn't be receiving a raise at all after I had been promised it for months.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cranberry, PAOctober 6, 2016
The company has a very good culture. It emphasizes safety and quality. The projects assigned are challenging and interesting. People show respect toward others.
Site Construction Manager III / Project Oversight (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GASeptember 26, 2016
The team members with Westinghouse and WECTEC are wonderful and helpful. They will go out of their way to provide you with the necessary information to be successful at your job.
Challenging Environment
Electrical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PAAugust 28, 2016
As things change as it relates to our economy, so does the workplace. An extremely competitive work environment, which a lot of times created a combative work environment. If an environment like that fits one's personality, then it is a wonder place to work, if it does not fit one's personality, it could create a lot of stresses.
Extremely Stressful
Chemical Rod Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 26, 2016
Wouldn't work there again if I could, unfair treatment of employees, doesn't care about your health or well being. Was not worth the health risks.
Had a great career that includes typical ups and downs
Manager of Business Operations (Current Employee) –  Newington, NHAugust 25, 2016
Was provided excellent growth opportunities. The company has changed over the past 15+ years and most recently has had to make difficult choices to respond to market conditions. It is still a great place to work and they service an important industry so it is possible to have a fulfilling career.
Organization is top heavy
Principal Engineer / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 16, 2016
The management struggled to maintain workload for the engineering staff. Large projects were always struggling to maintain scope and schedule.
Good Salary, Good Benefits, Bad for the environment
Financial/Cost Acct/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 10, 2016
Thanks for the opportunity to learn cost accounting with this company, it has provided many future opportunities which I have enjoyed. Sorry to have been laid-off.
Bureacratic and very compartmentalized
Principal Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, PAJuly 31, 2016
Management tends to be out of touch with day to day processes.
Coworkers are knowledgeable and team oriented.
Work is interesting and challenging.
Education opportunities are very good.
IT and cyber security is surprisingly poor for a company owned by Toshiba.
Travel policy and per-diems are generous.
In the field materials and tools are top notch.
Safety culture fully enforced.
Work location is very rural.
Pros
Very knowledgeable coworkers
Cons
procurement is burdensome
Good 15 years ago.....pitiful management and it sucks today
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 27, 2016
I was a star performer and won awards most years for 10 years, then some loser was made a manager in my small dept. He was so jealous of my competencies, gave me a two bad reviews and terminated me. The current acting plant manager is a dope. Unbelievable today.
Pros
good pay scale for the area
Cons
a bunch of losers in management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC Reviews by Location