Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC

Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC Employer Reviews

Incredible compensation packages.
System Administrator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2013
Incredible compensation packages. Encouraged to work towards advancement with training and open communication with management. Oppurtunities within the company were endless.
Contract job with team for document archiving backlog
Supply Chain Management Document Archivist (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: travel time was fifteen minutes and free parking. friendly.
Cons: repetitive work staring at two computer screens all day.
Choose a company folder from a backlog folder and locate and review the document submittal form (dsf). Reformat DSF and documents listed on DSF and attach all documents as one PDF. Enter information into SPF database and enter keywords into EDMS and upload documents into EDMS.

Learning and sharing conversion techniques, sharing information during weekly – more... team meetings, and working as a team to achieve a goal.

The hardest part of the job was the repetition and ensuring no errors. Became quite tenuous when required to work mandatory ten hours overtime per week to complete the 25,000 document backlog.

The most enjoyable part was the diversity of the people who worked there because they were from all over the world. – less
Great intern experience
Installation Support Group Intern (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAJanuary 17, 2013
Worked with engineering documents to create quantity takeoffs
Learned about scheduling, data mining, NavisWorks 3D models, and estimating
Great People with alot of years of knowledge
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Madison, PAJanuary 1, 2013
I have learned alot in my five years here and continue to learn every day. I have been fortunate to have great managers who have all taught me many different things.
Began as National Acct rep. Promoted to Reg. Mgr.
Southwest Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 26, 2012
Pros: visiting customers and landing big contracts
Cons: forecasting and reporting
I officed at the World Trade Center in Dallas. A typical day was calling my customers, submitting my forecasts, and travelling by car to visit my customers in person. My coworkers called on dealerships; and I called directly on the customer. The hardest part of my job was forecasting; the most enjoyable part of my job was landing big contracts.
Sad that it had to go.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Hunt Valley, MDOctober 19, 2012
Pros: friendly
Cons: n/a
In joyed working there,lot of respectable people who care.
Great work environment
Intern (Former Employee), Cranberry, PAOctober 1, 2012
Great place to work, nice building, nice perks. Very proffesional.
Overall Great Engineering Company
System and Equipment Engineer (Former Employee), Cranberry, PASeptember 24, 2012
Pros: challenging, teamwork, innovative, good work atmosphere
Cons: na
Protective Coating Problem Solving
Knowledge Transfer
Managing Portfolio Operations
Filing most of the day.
Clerk-Typist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PA - downtownSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: had to leave for personal reasons
I did filing for pension plan. This is what I did all day. I would of stayed if not for personel problems.
It's a great place to work with a lot of fun recreational activities on the side.
Material Masters Intern (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: great building, coworkers, cafeteria
Cons: silent workstations, scenario listed above
I really liked working at Westinghouse, I just did not fall into the most professional position possible. The manager I thought I would be reporting to all Summer turned out to be leaving a week into my start date. The other intern and myself got placed elsewhere but were never really checked on personally by our new acting manager. We still were able – more... to make it a great Summer and learn a lot from our project manager, however, we couldn't help but feel like we were being overlooked when comparing to the rest of the engineers' experiences. – less
Idea workplace for those seeking engineering opportunities
Senior Engineering Aide (Former Employee), Windsor, CTSeptember 7, 2012
A day at work involved providing top quality customer support, in product developments and instructional tools used to equip the customer with the right means to accomplish its goal.
Co-workers are team players and get involve in executing and completing the needs of their customers.
Westinghouse just had round one of lay-offs!
Senior Employee (I can't say more, it's bad here) (Current Employee), Waltz Mill, PAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: hard working, sincere, talented employees.
Cons: influx of non-nuclear "professionals", management by ambush, failure to follow westinghouse internal processes for performance review, bullying short-tempered managers, shifting policies, favoritism
Amazing!

During round one of lay-offs in May of this year, we lost two very senior professional trainers at Waltz Mill. Both of whom had extensive experiences in the nuances and unique requirements of nuclear training. One was one month short of being vested and receiving a pension! Both have received allocades for their skills.

Did I mention that – more... those two instructors resumes match (and far exceed) the recent job posting for Principal Technical Trainer, requisition 14555BR

Of course, the training junior staff (none of whom had prior nuclear experince before joining Westinghouse), training management. admin staff (hourly) and contractors all remain.

We didn't know they were let go for two months, and we need them! No one took over for them (as far as I know). I'll have to do the training myself now.

And, it looks like a new-hire will replace at least one of them!

Why let them go if you're replacing them now? Perhaps the Federal Equal Opportunity Employment Commission is watching?

Remarkable – less
Bad Managment
NDE Inspector (Former Employee), Madison, PAJuly 30, 2012
This company is doomed and is repeating the same mistakes that almost killed it before. Only engineers are promoted to management. So, there is no real management just engineers learning on the job.
So glad I did not stay with this company
Programmer (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 29, 2012
Could have been worse but I don't know how. Low pay, very poor management. I think they were bought out by Northrop.
Stable
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 23, 2012
Company was progressive, but after nuclear downturn and economy, flexibility policies have disappeared. Decent pay, not in line with market.
Good company, good environment for working
Co-op employee (Former Employee), Township of Cranberry, PAJuly 18, 2012
Westinghouse is transitioning to a more modern company because of the in flux of new, young engineers being hired. It is a good company to work for with a bright future if the world chooses to embrace nuclear power.
GREAT COMPANY WITH A LPT OF OPPORTUNITIES
Pa Electric drafter (Current Employee), WARRENDALE, PAJuly 17, 2012
Pros: great place to work great benefits room to advance
Cons: long distance from home
WESTINGHOUSE IS A WONDERFUL PLACE TO WORK, HOWEVER I HAVE A VERY LONG DAILY COMMUTE, AND IT GETS PRETTY BAD IN THE WINTER, ALSO OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS ARE HAVING A HARD TIM OBTAINING WORK SO AS A FAMILY WE NEED TO RELOCATE FOR MORE OPPORTUNITIES
Advancement Depends on Who You Know and A Little Luck
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Cranberry Township, PAJuly 2, 2012
Pros: new hq, pay ok, not very difficult job, great facilities
Cons: too much nepotism and cronyism going on, the wrong people are in the higher positions, poor leadership
There are so many managers on top of managers and the organizational structure is so outdated, it should be no surprise that everyone is now slowly cramming into the Cranberry Township headquarters now after the past couple of disastrous years financially and losing the lease on the other buildings that housed employees. And Fukushima is not all to – more... blame. It is the culture and the structure of hierarchy that did it and has done it every decade the past 30-40 years. – less
Excellent company
Software Project Manager (Current Employee), Cranberry, PAJune 20, 2012
Excellent company, that is very family friendly. Stable company that allows for a good family & life balance
Logistics Program Management
Program Manager (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDMay 31, 2012
Excellent company working to support products through sustainability