Westlake Financial Services Employee Reviews

Overall
Account Associate (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2017
A typical day.
come in log in try to make account current. the more you make accounts the more it adds to personal bonus and rankings of the department
Okay for a short term
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 28, 2017
Would not recommend for long term employment. They do not make long term plans, rather quick responses to large problems that don't often take into consideration the impact it will have.
Poor Management and do not pay fairly
Title Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 12, 2017
The company gives lack of training, majority of the employees do not know much of their department, customers are always getting transferred around. It is not the employees fault for majority of the issues but management does not take initiative to step us as a leader. They want you to work hard but pay so poorly and they do not appreciate and give a raise to employees.
Pros
your peers
Cons
Lack of pay
False Expectation
Dealer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2017
The job at Westlake is sold to people as one that you can began mastering within the first 6 months and afterwards be in a position to make a great livinig. It is sold as having a good benefits package and job opportunity. The hiring manager failed to say that one would literally have to move to Los Angeles, CA to experience any type of job advancement.
Pros
Good Manager
Cons
Insurance Benefits are extremely too expensive, no job advancement, extremely low base pay
Westlake
Inside sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2017
Westlake is a stressful place to work and you are judged on booked deals which you have no control over.Management does nothing to encourage you until you are being let go for performance.
Cons
Healthcare cost is high.
The people are nice
Dealer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2017
You get a guarantee the first 6 months. Then you drop to 10 dollars a hour. You are working to get car deals. You don't get a commission until a deal is funded. It is so hard to get a deal funded. And it is a constant pressure to make sale "hit numbers"
Pros
My manager is the greatest
Cons
High pressure to hit sales. Very hard to make sales happen
Met Expectations
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2017
The company has potential, however if your not part the good ol boys club you wont survive. With a 70%+ turnover rate, its hard to believe they are obtaining the volume achieved.
flexible job
Dealer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 17, 2017
flexible schedule to fit everyone, but not competitive with other lenders in some markets. You can have a lot of success with this company, but you have to deal with some negative feedback from dealerships and a lot of wear/tear on your vehicle.
Stressful, Bias Environment
Senior Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 12, 2017
I have no clue how the discrimination of this company has not been brought to legal attention. MOST racist, bias environment I have ever experienced !
business development for dealership
Business Development and Field Support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2017
Your job is to have dealerships use Westlake Financial as their outside lending institution. You need to have dealerships sign up with Westlake before they can send you car deals. After the sign-up process, you have to train the dealership to work buy programs and how to rehash deals, get documents ready for verification and pass funding process. This can be achieved by phone and physically visiting these dealers. You can expect to drive around 3-6 hours a day taking care of new and old dealers to make sure they are always sending your applications to work on, and the rest of the time you have to be on your phone and sending emails to help dealers capture more business using Westlake
Pros
Make your own schedule, work by yourself, high pay if you achieve high volume of deals
Cons
driving for many hours, soliciting new dealers, if you don't produce you don't make money
Fun work place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 2, 2017
Competitive environment . Able to learn many skills to continue career growth. Great management and work activities. Build personal and professional development. Great CEO
Westlake Financial Services is a good place to work.
Internal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2017
On a typical workday, I would make from 80-100 outbound calls and about 15-20 inbound. I learned a lot of terms that are used in auto financing. I had a very good manager. He started at the bottom and worked his way up.I learned a lot from him. I had to recruit new dealers and a lot of the time they didn't qualify to become dealer partners with Westlake. That process could take up to 7-14 business days. It was very time consuming. Sometimes that was frustrating. I liked working with my sales team.
Pros
Healthcare and Stock options
Cons
Parking was free, but I had to walk two blocks to the office.
Fun place to work with.
Director of Accounting - Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2017
I was one of the pioneer of this company and had established most of the processes to make the company grow from a $500M portfolio to $3 Billion, from 135 employees to 2000 employees. I managed 36 employees under my guidance. The companies ownership have changed and necessary adjustments have to be made. My role as a leader is to ensure that the change will not only benefit the executive as a whole but also the employees who helped build the company.
Good employer
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 18, 2017
The people that work here is what makes this place worth working at, the company itself needs improvement. The pay is too low for standard industry and there is no job security. If you do a good job and talk to the right people you will be ok here.
Pros
Free Gym in building
Cons
No one knows what they are doing, too many managers
Fun workplace
Account Representative 30's collector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2017
It was a blessing to work for such an outstanding company that build up my experience with collections customer service the people there were like family members and I wish I can get rehired again.
Pros
Company get togethers
Cons
Sick pay very minimal for the whole year
A rewarding company to work for
Dealer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2017
It's a numbers game and if you hit or exceed them you can be well compensated. The workplace culture is fun and the sales conference usually has a great speaker.
Pros
They offer incentives for just doing your job
Cons
The industry changes so fast you have to keep building
Great place to begin a career
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2017
People you work with are great. It's a great place to learn right out of college. Challenging and rewarding if you succeed. Certain departments have poor management, but most of the management team is good. If in sales, sink or swim. If in originations, low pay depending on your role (credit analysts have good salaries).
Pros
Good people, good learning opportunity
Cons
Can be stressful, management sometimes plays favorites, benefits are expensive, many people have low salaries
Great company to work
Credit Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2017
With over 7 years of experience I leverage an in-depth knowledge of the lending & credit industries to cultivate strategic programs to increase efficiency and maintain service level agreements.

In my current role as Credit Supervisor/ Senior Credit Analyst with Westlake I oversee the development and implementation of credit policy, execute impactful company wide educational sessions, and train the Underwriting Department on regulatory measures and procedural changes, including industry updates. During my tenure with Westlake I have implemented policies resulting in minimized delinquency, reducing from 4% to 2% on the entire Westlake portfolio of over $180M
over promise, under deliver
Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 6, 2017
Dealerships will never use this company because their fees are too high. As a sales rep for Westlake financial you basically have to compromise your integrity to sell the service to dealerships.
Cons
Big company run like a mom & pop dime store
Dealer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 6, 2017
Unprofessional at every level. Hard to say it more clearly than that. They run the thing like they are operating from someone's garage, yet require "professionalism" from their staff. Very disappointed in every way.
Pros
Cons
The whole job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westlake Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Westlake Financial Services Reviews by Location