Westlake Financial Services

Westlake Financial Services Employee Reviews

Love working for Westlake
Strategic Partner/Account Management (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 1, 2017
Great working environment, Great Management Team, Compensation was great. The training class was awesome. The friendly competition was great.
Pros
Great Lunches provided by the Company
Cons
Job is perfect if you have no life!!!!
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Schedule is horrible for collectors, you don't get a set schedule. There is always overtime and you work Saturdays as well.
bonus was great before not so much now. Environment is unprofessional. The only way you can get advancement is if they like you and you do what they say no matter if it's the wrong thing to do.
Perfect for someone who has no life whatsoever, no kids, no husband, boyfriend or family.
The only thing I enjoyed was the free food they caterer every now and then. Personally one of the worst companies I have worked for.
Not to mention they have been sued several times for wrongful termination, not paying bonuses on time and accordingly.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
micro managed, short breaks, no set schedule, overtime..
looks good from a far but far from good
Collector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2016
it started good at first, with the little training you get squeezed from 2 weeks to 1week, no one can learn every aspect of position in short time, probably why more than half of applicants drop out on the first couple of weeks. The job is already stressful as is, as more stress is added to increase productivity. There is favoritism as any job out there with veteran workers receiving the best calls and perks. If you come from an agency good luck you will be treated as a second class citizen, you will be blame with anything that goes wrong. the pay is decent but is balanced with the stress that comes with it. i give it two stars because there are good hard working people that deserve better who work there.
Pros
bonuses free lunches decent pay
Cons
little training, stressful, micro management, horrible hours
They work you till they don't need you anymore.......
Insurance Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Worst 1.5 years of my life! I could had been done with school by now. No room for advancement and they work like a slave till they are tired of you.
Cons
Short breaks, no room for advancement, too much favoritism, and management sucks
Ok place to work to stressful for the pay.
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2016
I worked there for over 4 years. Management didn't want me to move up and bonus was cut. No matter how hard you work it was never enough. Lots of favoritism to much work for the little bonus they offer and the pay was not worth the stress at all. Management was horrible towards the last two years I was there. Company began getting greedy and the don't care about their employees they just want that money.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Managements, not enough pay
not a good company to work for. upper management promotes on looks. they dont follow guidelines & show favoritism
Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2016
This company doesn't pay their employees fairly a lot of upper management take advantage of the position they show favoritism they promote on looks and a lot of the employees are suing Westlake Financial due to lack of payment on their bonuses. this company also doesn't follow Work guidelines a lot of employees are encouraged to cut corners and basically cheap and that's why a lot of the customers are suing Westlake Financial. it's a very stressful environment and it's hard to be promoted within the company especially when the favoritism is shown
Cons
management
Great company
Eastern Division Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 15, 2016
Great company to work for with unlimited opportunities...fun environment with a good work/life balance and leadership team that fosters an entrepreneurial spirit.
Pros
Excellent opportunites for those that work for it
This place sucks!
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2017
This is a horrible place to work at. The discounts are horrible which makes it impossible to capture any deals. You have too many external and internal sales rep. fighting over the same dealerships.
Pros
nada
Cons
everything
all
Executive Account Rep (Former Employee) –  los angeles, caFebruary 7, 2017
all banking responsibilities

travel West Texas to different auto dealers & help dealers acquire near car deals & get customers automotive financing & funding
Great
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2017
This place is so great to work at. I mean everybody is sooo Q.. They have the best parties and everybody is so cool. I mean I just love freaking WESTLAKE!!
Positive work enviorment
Franchise Dealer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  South Carolina,Western & Central NCJuly 25, 2014
Visiting and calling existing and prospective auto dealers. Helping dealers structure deals in both prime and sub prime markets. Also
assist with funding and compliance issues. Learned more about subprime market and challenges facing lenders I today's banking
arena. Westlake's programs are not as competitive as I love the auto
industry and enjoy daily interaction with all levels of management in
dealerships.
Pros
Autonomy, good comp and benefits
Cons
Not as competitive as I would like to be
oil rig
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 10, 2016
Hard and dirty work. Fast paced, but good people. they are fun and funny while we get things done. heavy lifting and messy job. but a good experience
Great Exerience, and plenty of work provided.
Pre 30 Debt Collector/ Marketing Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2015
It's plenty of work they provide, Ive learned alot about the Auto financing world, its a fortune 500 Business, so its known through out Los Angles County. The turnover ratio is pretty high and time off is not really available. Its a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to make a good honest living.
Pros
Training is very good, work compensation.
Cons
High turnover Ratio, Job Security
Positive place to work with plenty of growth and opportunities
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Westlake. My analytical skills and critical thinking ability has increased significantly in the time I've been here, and I have had great opportunities to grow. As a financial analyst I work closely with the executive team which is great exposure and helps me learn a lot about the business and strategy. Management is great and have really helped me develop. This is a strong role that requires a lot but is absolutely worth it every day.
Pros
opportunity, development
Cons
sometimes stressful
Great idea but Horrible process
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
This company makes everything so difficult. After just over a month I overcame every obstacle and broke records in my first month by signing up 14 dealers when company average is only 3 new sign ups and a great job is the rep that signs up 5. Even after all of this and many other accomplishments and working 70 hours a week on little money since I was starting from nothing basically I get fired with out warning because a customer of a dealer complained about me ( never spoke to the customer and ended up helping him get financed). I later find out that this customer knew someone in the company and ended up getting my job. I lost at least $2500 in expenses not covered since the company does not pay for a flyers or sales materials. Not to mention the lost time. ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY EVER TO WORK FOR
Pros
Great idea
Cons
A bunch of fools
Call Center
Customer Service Representative & Collector (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2015
A cubicle job with a headset attached to your head. Busy work environment, very competitive, with bonus. You get to learn about car loans, titles, insurance, and collection.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Strict policies they inform but seldom use
great place to work
Dealer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2016
great management staff, explosive bonus structure, team works well together to get every member to succeed. over all a great place to work
Cons
non
Awesome opportunity
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2016
Provides challenging work, test your analytical skills. Great working environment. Love working here.
Hands on, ad hoc projects.

Other employees are also willing to help
Pros
A lot of freedom in making a change
Cons
Hours are slightly long and parking is offsite
Production Based Evaluation by Rankings
Collections (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2015
A typical day consists with heavy incoming and outgoing call volumes. Management of high interest rate loan processing and repossession. Implementation and use of fully developed customer defusing techniques,loan option evaluations, credit card and checking account payments. I have learned to have more patience with those customers that feel they can not be persuaded professionally to successfully manage their account. Management fair with being open to constructive business operation changes. The most challenging part is dealing with excessive abusive language of customers while successfully streamlining to conflict resolution. The most enjoyable part of the job is the benefit of renting bikes, discounted car purchase options, shuttle service to work.
Pros
One Hour Lunch
Cons
This company is big but if you get hired there is no room for growth
Lending Solutions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 6, 2013
Westlake Financial Services is a billion dollar company that doesn't know how to treat its employees. There is absolutely no growth potential if you work for this company. I know people who been working there for 10 years and still get the same pay but way more responsibilities assigned to them. Management doesn't want you to succeed doe to the fact that they are afraid of loosing their own job. Crazy corporate structure.
Pros
nice people working there and you get a paycheck every two weeks
Cons
no room for growth and pay is low compare to everywhere else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westlake Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9