Westlake Financial Services

Westlake Financial Services Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
Dealer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 20, 2016
great management staff, explosive bonus structure, team works well together to get every member to succeed. over all a great place to work
Cons
non
Positive place to work with plenty of growth and opportunities
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2016
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Westlake. My analytical skills and critical thinking ability has increased significantly in the time I've been here, and I have had great opportunities to grow. As a financial analyst I work closely with the executive team which is great exposure and helps me learn a lot about the business and strategy. Management is great and have really helped me develop. This is a strong role that requires a lot but is absolutely worth it every day.
Pros
opportunity, development
Cons
sometimes stressful
Awesome opportunity
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 6, 2016
Provides challenging work, test your analytical skills. Great working environment. Love working here.
Hands on, ad hoc projects.

Other employees are also willing to help
Pros
A lot of freedom in making a change
Cons
Hours are slightly long and parking is offsite
Great idea but Horrible process
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2016
This company makes everything so difficult. After just over a month I overcame every obstacle and broke records in my first month by signing up 14 dealers when company average is only 3 new sign ups and a great job is the rep that signs up 5. Even after all of this and many other accomplishments and working 70 hours a week on little money since I was starting from nothing basically I get fired with out warning because a customer of a dealer complained about me ( never spoke to the customer and ended up helping him get financed). I later find out that this customer knew someone in the company and ended up getting my job. I lost at least $2500 in expenses not covered since the company does not pay for a flyers or sales materials. Not to mention the lost time. ABSOLUTE WORST COMPANY EVER TO WORK FOR
Pros
Great idea
Cons
A bunch of fools
Corp Commitment is questionable
Internal Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 15, 2015
The Sales position is not a good fit for me. I've also come to question the commitment from the corporate office to the Dallas office.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
Corp commitment, sales.
Great company to work for
Sr. Lending Advisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2015
I enjoy what I do here and I am always learning a something new about the business. Management really cares about employee growth and learning.
Production Based Evaluation by Rankings
Collections (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 29, 2015
A typical day consists with heavy incoming and outgoing call volumes. Management of high interest rate loan processing and repossession. Implementation and use of fully developed customer defusing techniques,loan option evaluations, credit card and checking account payments. I have learned to have more patience with those customers that feel they can not be persuaded professionally to successfully manage their account. Management fair with being open to constructive business operation changes. The most challenging part is dealing with excessive abusive language of customers while successfully streamlining to conflict resolution. The most enjoyable part of the job is the benefit of renting bikes, discounted car purchase options, shuttle service to work.
Pros
One Hour Lunch
Franchise Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2015
I would start at my home office and do requirements and then map out my day. I would proceed to make at least 15 phone calls and 8 dealer visits. All through the day I would work deals that came to my queue and try to capture.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative & Collector (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2015
A cubicle job with a headset attached to your head. Busy work environment, very competitive, with bonus. You get to learn about car loans, titles, insurance, and collection.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Strict policies they inform but seldom use
Very professional work environment
Dealer Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2015
Very professional work environment,
Management is very helpful and great place to work.
Very organized work place and up to date computer technology.
Horrible
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 5, 2015
This company has no ethics and treats all customers like animals. The customer service reps are not trained and are very rude and disrespectful towards customers
Pros
NONE
Cons
No ethics
Great Exerience, and plenty of work provided.
Pre 30 Debt Collector/ Marketing Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2015
It's plenty of work they provide, Ive learned alot about the Auto financing world, its a fortune 500 Business, so its known through out Los Angles County. The turnover ratio is pretty high and time off is not really available. Its a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to make a good honest living.
Pros
Training is very good, work compensation.
Cons
High turnover Ratio, Job Security
Unfair work place
Pre 30 day Collector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2015
Needs better organized centers and management. Wasn't a fair employer. Very segregated work enviroment with impractical work duties. Very stressful work place. Some friendly co-workers.
Productive, professional and great leadership
IMAGING SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMarch 29, 2015
Great learning expreriance, greatful for all of the oppertunities i was given. Fun, strong selling skills. leader in the auto financing industry.
Westlake Corp profits from their program - by design.
Account manger (Former Employee) –  Western USMarch 11, 2015
I'm not smarter that a $2B company with great growth, great IT systems, and a solid product line (priced accordingly based on a FICO score) If you work in a very high volume auto sales market, and want to commit to the same hours as your full-time auto clients, you may catch lightning in a bottle and make a 5 figure monthly paycheck. I was surprised to find out (after I was hired and trained) that 25% of my small market, producing dealers were attached to phone reps working at Corporate in LA (I was told I'd be one of two reps for my area). My team celebrated a first monthly 5 figure paycheck for a team member with 3+ years in her market - my partner was 4+ years and still hadn't made "the check". MLM sales culture comes to mind. Once you build your downline you'll be fine, if not you'll starve and spend your own cash. Trainers were great at the process. Management was available to help. There is no hiding of facts regarding who profits if a dealer decides to fund through Westlake. Full spectrum rates and terms exist. Keep in mind that "the check" is available after 2 or 3 mos. in an average management position at a retail car store. I'd never be asked to sign a waiver of Company liability due to employee actions at an annual meeting, but I was naive to think that employees act like adults when away from home and spouses.
Pros
systems, training, products
Cons
cookie cutter approach to all markets, call center reps, no expenses help.
Awful place to work
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2015
Do not work there as a Dealer Account Manager. Worse place I have ever worked. Terrible program unless you are in Fl, TX, or CA. The turnover is terrible. 6 months on this job will make you want to quit. Pay decreases every month while you try to sell this horrible program.
Cons
pay is terrible.
Fun but Stressfull Overall Good Place To Work
Pre-Collector (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Working at westlake financial services has taught me a lot more about customer service and how to deal with people while they are going through tough times. I had to learn quickly to manage my own feelings and just get my job done which was the hardest part for me.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
late shifts
A day at work
30 day collector/ Pre 30 day collector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2015
My day started at 5:00 am, worked with goals, worked with almost all united states. Company selected the 10 best employees of the month which created an elite team I was part of that team at least 11 months out of 12. Also consider myself a team player and like competition. Like to update co-workers with company's safety,rules and regulations. hardest part educated customers with credit responsibilities obtain and make them aware of payments on a timely manner.
Pros
recognition for good work and bonuses
Cons
sometimes was hard to get up at 3:00 am to get ready for work
Micro Manage
Administrative Support / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  los angeles, caJanuary 13, 2015
Westlake Fincanal micro manage and are not friendly. they dont work well with the employees. they dont appreciate the work that is done. the dont explain or teach the employees what needs to be done properlly.
Products
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 9, 2015
Understanding and explaining the company products to accounts in order to capture business.