Westlake Financial Services

Westlake Financial Services Employee Reviews

Franchise Account Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2015
I would start at my home office and do requirements and then map out my day. I would proceed to make at least 15 phone calls and 8 dealer visits. All through the day I would work deals that came to my queue and try to capture.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative & Collector (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Health benefits
Cons: Strict policies they inform but seldom use
A cubicle job with a headset attached to your head. Busy work environment, very competitive, with bonus. You get to learn about car loans, titles, insurance, and collection.
Very professional work environment
Dealer Services Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 17, 2015
Very professional work environment,
Management is very helpful and great place to work.
Very organized work place and up to date computer technology.
Horrible
Account Manager (Current Employee), Los AngelesJune 5, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: No ethics
This company has no ethics and treats all customers like animals. The customer service reps are not trained and are very rude and disrespectful towards customers
Great Exerience, and plenty of work provided.
Pre 30 Debt Collector/ Marketing Sales Rep (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Training is very good, work compensation.
Cons: High turnover Ratio, Job Security
It's plenty of work they provide, Ive learned alot about the Auto financing world, its a fortune 500 Business, so its known through out Los Angles County. The turnover ratio is pretty high and time off is not really available. Its a great opportunity for anyone that is looking to make a good honest living.
Unfair work place
Pre 30 day Collector (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2015
Needs better organized centers and management. Wasn't a fair employer. Very segregated work enviroment with impractical work duties. Very stressful work place. Some friendly co-workers.
Productive, professional and great leadership
IMAGING SERVICES MANAGER (Former Employee), Los AngelesMarch 29, 2015
Great learning expreriance, greatful for all of the oppertunities i was given. Fun, strong selling skills. leader in the auto financing industry.
Westlake Corp profits from their program - by design.
Account manger (Former Employee), Western USMarch 11, 2015
Pros: systems, training, products
Cons: cookie cutter approach to all markets, call center reps, no expenses help.
I'm not smarter that a $2B company with great growth, great IT systems, and a solid product line (priced accordingly based on a FICO score) If you work in a very high volume auto sales market, and want to commit to the same hours as your full-time auto clients, you may catch lightning in a bottle and make a 5 figure monthly paycheck. I was surprised to find out (after I was hired and trained) that 25% of my small market, producing dealers were attached to phone reps working at Corporate in LA (I was told I'd be one of two reps for my area). My team celebrated a first monthly 5 figure paycheck for – more... a team member with 3+ years in her market - my partner was 4+ years and still hadn't made "the check". MLM sales culture comes to mind. Once you build your downline you'll be fine, if not you'll starve and spend your own cash. Trainers were great at the process. Management was available to help. There is no hiding of facts regarding who profits if a dealer decides to fund through Westlake. Full spectrum rates and terms exist. Keep in mind that "the check" is available after 2 or 3 mos. in an average management position at a retail car store. I'd never be asked to sign a waiver of Company liability due to employee actions at an annual meeting, but I was naive to think that employees act like adults when away from home and spouses. – less
Awful place to work
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: pay is terrible.
Do not work there as a Dealer Account Manager. Worse place I have ever worked. Terrible program unless you are in Fl, TX, or CA. The turnover is terrible. 6 months on this job will make you want to quit. Pay decreases every month while you try to sell this horrible program.
Fun but Stressfull Overall Good Place To Work
Pre-Collector (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches
Cons: late shifts
Working at westlake financial services has taught me a lot more about customer service and how to deal with people while they are going through tough times. I had to learn quickly to manage my own feelings and just get my job done which was the hardest part for me.
A day at work
30 day collector/ Pre 30 day collector (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: recognition for good work and bonuses
Cons: sometimes was hard to get up at 3:00 am to get ready for work
My day started at 5:00 am, worked with goals, worked with almost all united states. Company selected the 10 best employees of the month which created an elite team I was part of that team at least 11 months out of 12. Also consider myself a team player and like competition. Like to update co-workers with company's safety,rules and regulations. hardest part educated customers with credit responsibilities obtain and make them aware of payments on a timely manner.
Micro Manage
Administrative Support / Customer Service (Former Employee), los angeles, caJanuary 13, 2015
Westlake Fincanal micro manage and are not friendly. they dont work well with the employees. they dont appreciate the work that is done. the dont explain or teach the employees what needs to be done properlly.
Products
Account Manager (Current Employee), South Bend, INJanuary 9, 2015
Understanding and explaining the company products to accounts in order to capture business.
Great Teachers
Collections/Customer Services (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2014
• Demonstrated proficiency in front-desk communications within a fast-paced environment.
• Monitor first payment default accounts and REPO Inventory calls.
• Worked prime time to generate productivity on a daily basis. Became number 1 collector for nine months in 2012; Remained on the top 5 from January - March 2013.
• Maintained a specified queue that is assigned to each collector on the team.
• Managed all incoming calls and guided them to different departments and Collectors.
Fun workplace follow protocal
Collections Representative (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: monthly contest, often had food trucks come over
Cons: often left with unanswered questions
A typical day at work would consist of making outbound calls and receiving incoming calls. Contact customer thru various methods. Three of the main skills I learned were patience, persistence and confidence without these three main skills it would be hard to convince a customer to make a payment on the loan. My co-workers were very helpful all very competitive which is to be expected in a company where your ranking was based on how many accounts you can collect from. unanswered
Positive work enviorment
Franchise Dealer Account Manager (Current Employee), South Carolina,Western & Central NCJuly 25, 2014
Pros: autonomy, good comp and benefits
Cons: not as competitive as i would like to be
Visiting and calling existing and prospective auto dealers. Helping dealers structure deals in both prime and sub prime markets. Also
assist with funding and compliance issues. Learned more about subprime market and challenges facing lenders I today's banking
arena. Westlake's programs are not as competitive as I love the auto
industry and enjoy daily interaction with all levels of management in
dealerships.
ever changing company ..
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 30, 2014
learning about the needs of special financing
a good place to start and help dealers
waiting for the change in procedure.
A place to challenge own self discipline.
helping is the most enjoyable part of work
Terrible environment
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2014
Worst work environment I have ever experienced. This company does the exact opposite of what it preaches. No sense of integrity in what they say. Their word is a flapping piece of paper in the wind. They over promise and under deliver in everything they do. From their actual finance program to their actual techniques. Finance program is terrible and not competitive at all.
Fun place to work
Dealer Account Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis MnMarch 18, 2014
• Manage all aspects of the auto dealer relationship for the Minnesota market for Westlake Financial Services.
• Generate customer leads based on results and schedules appointments with interested companies and clients.
• Oversee named accounts and drive product and service penetration to expand relationships horizontally across the company.
Many hard workers
Regional /National Franchise Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: good people
Busy all day, great training, co workers are great, helping develop talent was the most enjoyable aspect of position

About Westlake Financial Services

People. Purpose. Passion. These are the hallmarks of Westlake Financial Services, and have been since our inception in 1978. Westlake – Read more

Westlake Financial Services Salaries