Westlake Financial

Westlake Financial Employee Reviews

Good people with bad management
Junior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Los AngelesMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: no innovation, plateau
Developers can be ready to work for more than 8 hours with the least amount of pay and false benefits.

I learnt a few languages and got low ball salary compared with the average salary.

The most enjoyable part of working in IT was the people. very friendly, made lot of good friends.
excellent
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee), Based in Los AngelesFebruary 15, 2015
Great company to work with offering all benefits. excellent regional manager. Has a great initial and ongoing training programs to keep you updated on all current programs.
The real deal
Outside Sales Manager (Former Employee), TexasNovember 25, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: everything else about this place
I worked in the portfolio acquisitions department working directly with the in house car dealerships. The estimated income for this job is no where near what you will make. The management doesn't care about the people and you get talked down to all the time. They changed the pay structure twice and last I was informed almost all of the outside sales reps quit within a 6 month period.
The environment here feels very secretive and not trust worthy from upper management. I never felt like this was a place people liked to come to work, I know personally several people walked out and didn't even have a job to go to. Currently I hear they are at almost a 100% turn over rate within the last year. I am not sure what's going on now but I have yet to hear anything good about them. When I was there the company purchased Western Funding and we competed with ourselves on business in the same market at the same time. They are not looking out for their people and have no desire to hear anything said from the "little people".
IT group is horrible
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Los AngelesSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: learning new technology
Cons: stifling culture, unrealistic expectations, high stress, little hope of advancement
This place does have an incredibly high turnover rate due to many problematic areas. One clear example is the one that was described in an earlier post where the leader of the infrastructure group instructed his team member to delete years worth of data. Where at any other company would this behavior be tolerated? And instead of being fired, what happens to that person? He goes and gets a promotion for his hard efforts - alas at any other company he would have been fired on the spot. And to make things better - a lie gets told to upper management and the blame is then deflected onto other lowly employees. This type of scenario gets created when you have buddies (IT director) looking out for their buddies (IT manager) in that group.
There are good reasons why they have an employee turnover problem.
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2014
Pros: learning experiences
Specifically, they have had entire departments walk out on them multiple time in the last four years. The reason for the four year time window is that that is how long the second-most senior developer has been there. The average is a year. As mentioned in the title, there are reasons for this. Foremost among these is that the management refuses to address the problem, or even acknowledge it, when one attempts to bring the issue and its possible causes to their attention. The company culture is that of a used car lot, with similar prospects for advancement. Low-level employees are used as scapegoats for the mistakes of senior management with depressing regularity. In the most notable instance of this, a developer (whose name has since been forgotten) was saddled with the blame for dropping a database containing eight years of business-critical archived data. The manager who gave the order was promoted shortly after a solution was offered by the company hosting the data (they had fortunately archived everything they hosted). Given this, it should not come as a surprise that unrealistic expectations and deadlines abound, and every development effort comes bound in enough red tape to bring a hardened bureaucrat to tears.

I am aware that this comes across as the rant of a disgruntled employee, and I am in fact most disgruntled. Thus, I urge anyone reading this to research the company for themselves, to determine the truth of my claims. Please do not make the mistake I did in rushing blindly into their grasp.
good company
Collector (Former Employee), los angelesMarch 27, 2014
westlake is a good company tge day shift good enviormnet is ok management is also good always helping co-worker are helpfull
If you want a micro manager, this is the company for you!!
Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2013
Managers have no trust in their sales personnel. They ride you all day long and don't give you the freedom to do your job without riding your butt all day long.
Sub Prime lender
District Manager of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 1, 2013
Great programs, but very disorganized as far as territories
Good company and they trust you to do your job
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2012
Pros: not micromanaged
Cons: no territory assignments
Enjoyable place to work. Good management and work environment.
A very challenging workplace
Asset Recovery Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: flexibility to make changes.
Cons: dealt with too many setbacks caused by indecision.
A very challenging experience that matured my experience in dealing with sudden change and demanding goals concurrently. I truly enjoyed and learnded from some of the most intelligent individuals I have seen in this industry. My challenges were endless in the operational area but well rewarded with recognition and compensation.
A great place to work, good supervisors and helpful co workers
Billing Coordinator & Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo Grove, ILJune 6, 2012
Pros: the time with my co workers and the the free coffee and perks
Cons: some of the irrate clinets.
I enjoy working with people and have great people skills. A fun day for me is not to do the same thing over and over again. I love the challenge of learning and doing new things.
It is my hope, that I may enhance my co workers knowledge and learn from both my supervisors and co workes. knowledge they have gained through their carreer.
The fast pace enviorment beacause it makes the day go faster and not boring. I look forward to meeting with you and your staff.
The most enjoyable part is satisfying the customer to the point where as he or she is completely satisified with their policy.
Good work environment made you feel like a family
Customer Service- Pre (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2012
Pros: friendly co-workers good give aways
Cons: works hours are never set
Good work environment enjoy working there good medical benefits work task was even not overwheling good company to work for.
Interesting workplace
Verifier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 24, 2012
Pros: occasional free lunch, good pay
Cons: no nearby parking, cutthroat work atmosphere
This company has it pros and cons. You pretty much have to sacrifice any chance of a life because the schedule always changes with little to no prior notice. The work politics are reduced to almost nothing but nepotism as merit often gets overlooked. The social aspect is also kind of reduced to gossip you would normally hear in high school. However, not everything about it is not so bad as you get to work in a pretty nice area in the city and there are some pretty cool people there.