Westlake Financial Employee Reviews

the most enjoyable part of the job
Data entry (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 23, 2016
90 calls a day reaching our goal everysingle day,end of the month receive a bonus depending the task completed,great cow workers.
Productive,professional
CSR AND COLLECTOR (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 14, 2016
Gained alot of experience, managers are ptoductive in training skills, they deal with alot if customers and give opportunity to experience agents or not experience
Competitive Work Environment
Call center collector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 10, 2016
Not the greatest place iv worked at. You must be able to not take opinions personal if your going to work for a call center. Paychecks were always short and never corrected unless you verify your hours, the way you get payed and made sure it was correct. Sexist workers including supervisors. Very few coworkers have a good work ethic. Emotionally it was the worst place to work at if your a woman. Unequal pay/ lack of respect and a lot of prejudice to overcome.
Being a collector is really tough if you have sympathy for others.
Pros
Great Pay if your a collector/ Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional and sexist employees.
Overall Good Company
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2016
As a Inside Sales Representative you get out of it what you put into it. They provide training but prospecting for dealers is on you. They will provide leads for un happy dealers that are not using them for one reason or another but new dealers that have never used Westlake are hard to find.
Nice place ro woek
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2016
Nice place to work. Looking to broaden my experience in other areas. Management treats employees respectfully. Always buying lunch and lots of off site activities. Friendly place, but it's so bonus based I need a steady check I have a family I can't depend on incoming calls to feed my children.
Pros
Free luches and activities
Cons
Excessive saturday work schdules monthly
production working enviornment, and i love how there is room to grow within the company
administrative assistant / data entry (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2016
-My work day consisted of filing paper work, making mail runs, assisting other co- workers with documents, making sure information is accurate in the system, processing car titles, and data entry.

- I learned how to be proactive doing multiple tasks at time, learned how to meet deadlines, learned how to pace myself when working so nothing gets over looked.

- Management at west lake is superb that is why i want to work there so i can move up and learn great work ethic because i potentially want to obtain a position in human resource

- My co-workers are very informative and know how to do there jobs and i really liked how to were willing to assist me with what i needed and i learn a lot from them business wise.

_the hardest part of any job be knew to the company and not knowing how things work. and i am some what of a slow learner so it took me a minute to understand the system and how things operate but, everyone was really patient with me and everything ended up working out.

-the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing how the real world works i have had high school positions for a while but, after i graduate from college i knew i wanted a better job so i can apply for the job i want which is working in human resource
Pros
free lunch, good work shift, training
Cons
when you first start you have to wait six months before you apply for another position there
Business leader for 30+ years
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2016
Excellent company!

Great long term opportunities!

Great training

Excellent ongoing training for the first 18 months!
Do not work for compliance or related department
Complaint Analyst (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 15, 2016
Week HR
People with minimal education
Great Financial Learning Experience
Dealer Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2016
Good opportunity to learn about automobile lending and creating dealership relationships. Good start to becoming a financing director.
OK place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 10, 2016
Its rough at the start if you do not get alot of dealers signed up and the beginning then you are out of luck succeeding in this company
Cons
Guarantee decreases every month
productive and fun
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 18, 2016
good fun environment with the teams coworker are nice and willing to help out in need they allow a play and work world learned a lot of my experience on collection with there day to day progress reports and monthly evaluations
Pros
employee appreciation
Cons
healthcare is expensive
Fun and energetic place to work
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2016
You will succeed here if you do what you are told without question and you will be compensated heavily for you hard work as the sales job is all bout commission and hitting bonuses. Smile and dial, overcome objections and bring business in.
Great & productive environment filled with amazing people.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2016
Working at Westlake Financial Services I had the opportunity to learn hands on how to handle difficult situations, such as customers in difficult hardships, and trying to assist them as best as possible. Every day at this company I learned more about how great customer service can really make a huge difference. With the help of not just our manager, who was always on floor, we also had a group of supervisors and team leads we could always count on. Though we were separated into teams the department functioned as one big community of co-workers we could gain assistance from at any time. Working for this company had to me the most rewarding job I had ever had, it's because of this position that I have such a passion for customer service.
Pros
Incentives, Benefits, Team Outings
Cons
No Cons.
I learned so much about the do's and don'ts in B2B
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 21, 2015
I made every mistake possible but learned to overcome, reach out for help and mentor-ship and correct my errors. My greatest challenge was being hospitalized for several days after an accident 1 week prior to my training but persevered despite a painful and long recovery covering nearly 4 months. I believe if I hadn't been injured I could have easily built my business into a strong one and would have never left.
Not a good fit
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 17, 2015
People were good, the company itself needs to adjust. Westlake is poorly run. Corporate is not committed to the long term success of the Dallas office.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
I did not believe the bank was in a good market
Account Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 2, 2015
My typical days consisted of cold calling car dealerships and checking on unfunded contracts. I liked my manager and the staff was supportive but i did not believe in the product I was selling so it created a problem.
Pros
Nice supportive co-workers
Cons
bank program itself was not very strong
Great Bonus structure
Pre-30 Collector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2015
Great place to work for money driven self motivated individuals. Lots of overtime available and a great staff that takes pride in their employees.
Pre 30 collection / customer service
CSR - Pre 30's Collector (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 22, 2015
Contact customers through inbound / outbound calls. Collect or arrange payments with customers regarding car title loan. Work with fun and well oriented personal,very great team work! Many may say collections may be stressing but in my opinion I am very well compensated with helping customers any way possible.
Good people with bad management
Junior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesMarch 4, 2015
Developers can be ready to work for more than 8 hours with the least amount of pay and false benefits.

I learnt a few languages and got low ball salary compared with the average salary.

The most enjoyable part of working in IT was the people. very friendly, made lot of good friends.
Pros
Good people
Cons
No innovation, Plateau
excellent
Dealer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Based in Los AngelesFebruary 15, 2015
Great company to work with offering all benefits. excellent regional manager. Has a great initial and ongoing training programs to keep you updated on all current programs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westlake Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9