Westlake Hospital Employee Reviews

Westlake Review
Med Tech Microbiology (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 16, 2017
Westlake was a great place to work, but had to leave due to consolidation. I worked with a great team and great infection control doctors. Administration was very supportive.
Official response from Westlake Hospital
September 17, 2017

Thanks for your feedback. At Westlake, we look to provide successful careers for all employees.

Community Hospital
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 16, 2017
I love the atmosphere of a community hospital. It allows the patients to get better one on one care. Unfortunately, the position I worked was registry.
Pros
Great location
Cons
not permanent
Fun place to work at the time
liaison between patients and doctors/RN (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 14, 2017
Good management. Staff worked well together and with doctors.
Salary was competitive and fair. Good reimbursement for continuing education.
Good communication between staff and doctors also with management
Pros
great staff
Cons
none really-I wanted a change, been there for 20+ years
I had great experience as the student in this hospital, everyone is so helpful , willing to teach you
Ultrasound Technologist Student (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJune 7, 2017
Great experience as a student in a clinical rotation. Hospital sonographers are very helpful, informative willing to help and teach you. Good place to learn and grow in your career.
Pros
Friendly environment
Productive environment with a lot of patient teaching opportunities
Student Nurse/ Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 10, 2017
I had my student clinical rotation at the Westlake Hospital for a full 8 shifts. I had great experiences here, acquired a lot of diverse patient cases and had the opportunity to provide a lot of patient education. The hospital nurses that I shadowed were very helpful, informative, knowledged, as well as welcoming and willing to collaborate! They were very respectful and I would love to work as a registered nurse here as well one day!
productive work environment
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILApril 25, 2017
Good place to learn and grow in your career, with excellent support and guidance. This work environment is suitable for anyone looking to develop a long lasting career.
Pros
Friendly environment
Fun workplace
Volunteer Work / externship (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILFebruary 1, 2017
I loved
it there I learned so much the hardest part was a respiratory machine. But other than that it was great the most enjoyable part was seeing patients much more happier, it was a wonderful experience to have volunteered there
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Good hard working employees
Patient transportation (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILAugust 4, 2016
Many hardworking employees that will rise to any challenge to better satisfy a patient even when not need.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
Less work
Hospital
Receptionist and Patient Information (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 15, 2016
A good hospital that interacts with patients and employees well. I also get to help and assist people in getting test for their health benefit while cooperating with the doctors and nurse.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
n/a
A great place to allows Management allows skills and experiences to be utilized
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILJanuary 25, 2016
The atmosphere could have some improvements with other employees. Seek employees that will demonstrate willingness to assist in meeting the patients needs.
Enjoyable job and great co-workers
Financial Analyst/Biller/Collector (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILOctober 11, 2015
Working at Westlake Hospital taught me a lot about collections, billing, and insurance companies. I gained a huge amount of experience working for this hospital and it has prepared me for future financial positions.
Westlake Hospital
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 31, 2015
Work is work. The administration sucks but the coworkers are great to work with. everyone works individually there is no teamwork at all.
Face Paced Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 7, 2015
Most days would be regular days at work, Then you'll have days that will have you running around. Cleaning procedures would have to be done the right way for the safety of our coworkers and patients.Most Coworkers from different areas of the hospital were friendly and respectful.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
No Raises, Just gift cards to Walmart
n/a
Occupational Health Clerk (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMay 5, 2015
What I loved the most about this job. Is the way they welcomed me into their hospital as a volunteer. I didn't have any experience as a medical assistant at the time. So, they let me watch what they were doing, and helped me gain some experience.
Small hospital, patient care was excellent, great nursing staff, and nursing supervisor cared about the nurses and patient care:
Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILApril 29, 2015
I had a lot of excellent nursing experience before I went to Westlake Hospital. I was trained at Loyola Medical Center and at the Hines V.A. in Maywood, IL. I had training in cardiac, telemetry, and medical Surgery. The hospital staff and Physician was good, patient was excellent,. The nursing supervisor was great, and cared about the nurses and the quality of patient care: I went to different nurses class to improve my self in cardiac nursing.:
Pros
Very busy, never had time for a lunch or dinner break:
Cons
Busy night, not enough help:
Productive work place, schedule monthly meetings for encouragment and support.
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILApril 3, 2015
Hospital enviroment always on the go, pleasant staff, could be a little overwhelming but excellent team support. Monthly department meetings were scheduled to encourage and provide support to staff.
Pros
Excellent benefits.
Cons
Understaffed
fun experience
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILDecember 16, 2014
fun place to work , different kinds of people that all get along. Its a different adventure everyday. The jobs they offer have benefits.
Pros
reduce lunches
Nice place
Student Nurse: OB Rotation (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILSeptember 29, 2014
I had my clinical rotation at this hospital during nursing school. It was nice experience being there.
small hospital
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Melrose ParkMay 13, 2014
nice small hospital people are friendly, unable to give more hours for my position.
Pros
Nearby easy commute and parking
Cons
short breaks
Friendly and polite work place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILApril 20, 2014
When I would get in I would take a look at what patients were assigned to me. Then I would start my vitals and chart them. I would check and see which patients were completes and who were assigned to have baths in the morning. In between all of that I made sure to answer call lights. Management were friendly and they did let me choose which days I could work. My co-workers were very helpful and they were like extended family we always helped out each other when we could. The hardest part would have to be making sure all patients needs were met especially when you were assigned 15-18 patients a night. The most enjoyable part was being able to help those patients who cannot help themselves.
Pros
Great amount of time for brake
Cons
Cannot leave building for brake and not much to choose from to eat.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westlake Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Westlake Hospital Reviews by Location