read my review , I explained a lot,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) – Melrose Park, IL – November 11, 2012
- each day is very difficult , most of the days people experience work burn out
- Since this was my first hospital to work as a nurse I learned all my nursing skills from my wonderful charge nurses
- management: feels like no support, feels like you are on your own, so many changes almost every month if not every week.
- co workers: we all became very good friends, work hard as a team to survive each day, unfortunately most is looking for different job or different hospital , we lose some of our friends already.
- hardest part of job: 6-7-8 patient each day on Tele/Medsurge unit during the day which feels unsafe, impossible to finish all task which as a nurse you feel not complete at the end of shift. Hate to leave things for next shift. I'm a hard worker , not eating lunch to try my best of my ability to complete all task, but still with this # of patient is not realistic to finish everything.
- love to work with patients. Born to be a nurse. Have caring and loving heart for patients and I fill continue to try very hard to keep enjoying to be a nurse. I just wish I can be a part of hospital that is growing, is financially stable so that patient safety and quality of care is number 1, but unfortunately is so hard to find a job. I just pray that this day will come soon and I will be very happy again to go to work and enjoy each day of my work.