WESTliving Employee Reviews

Terrible/inability to support managers
RSD (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2017
The culture is Amazing but unfortunately not all Community Executive Directors are properly trained to follow the Westliving culture.
They are suppose to lead by example and fail tremendously. There's a huge lack of support to Department heads/Managers. Not much incentive for working as a Manager but for the most part line staff are treated ok. Huge turnover. Not much support provided to staff from the Home office. No stability. If you are not liked they will find a reason to Term your employment.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Lacking/not practicing the culture especially from ED's
Oportunities and more
Manager (Current Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJuly 17, 2017
The people in a position to guide and support me truly want my success. It is an honor to be a part of a company with the highest work ethics and integrity. My efforts are recognized often. The expectations are high with an emphasis on how we treat one another and the service delivery for the customer. So happy I found WESTliving.
Pros
Empathetic Leaders, Financial Stability, Everyone has a voice
Cons
Medical Benefits are expensive
Great place to feel like home!
Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Home-officeJune 27, 2017
Westliving Management was so gracious to me that they offered me a higher position to stay on longer when I return from my leave. I had a family emergency and had to take a leave of absence. The upper management were so caring that they actually called me when i was away to see how i was feeling. They treated me like family. Their culture really is one a kind and I cant wait to go back to work!
Pros
Engaged Team, Benefits, Team Lunches, Award Recognition
They claim to be "values" based.
Resident care (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJune 7, 2017
Really everything comes down to money. All they care about is revenue and increasing rent for the residents. They claim to put the resident first but will gladly except someone who is not healthy or even dangerous to have in assisted living if it means filling an apartment.
Staff is over worked and underpaid. Managers are expected to work all holidays, events and be on call 24/7 but they get no Christmas bonus or compensation or OT, OT even a "thanks".
Home office execs have no clue what assisted living is really like and expect unrealistic working conditions to "stay in budget".
Pros
Residents are amazing, loving, and so grateful. Line staff is some of the hardest working people I've ever met, they truly care about the residents.
Cons
Home office, hr, low pay, little to no compensation.
Excellent culture - World class operation
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING AND SALES (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMay 26, 2017
This is a great company to work for. The culture is fantastic and the environment is upscale and hospitality based. Employees have potential to advance as this is a growing company. It was a pleasure to work for WESTliivng.
Pros
Respectful management and dedicated to caring for seniors
Cons
No cons
Cold
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 4, 2017
A very disconnected management team results in a toxic company culture and a lack of trust in the field. There are many areas of improvement in the HR department.