WESTMED Medical Group Employee Reviews in United States

A healthcare provider on track to be the best.
Superintendent / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYNovember 6, 2015
WedMed is on track to be one of the top "all-in-one" healthcare providers in the nation. Every day is a rewarding experience knowing that the people you work with are very professional and very helpful. The most challenging part of the job is keeping up with the pace of change. The healthcare field is constantly changing, but WestMed provides the necessary tools for individual advancement which make the job that much more enjoyable.
Pros
Best equipment avaiable for the staff to use.
Cons
Growing so fast it's difficult to keep track of all it has to offer.
WestMed is a role model for serving the Community
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 19, 2015
A typical day at WestMed is fun and for me stimulating. WestMed has done a great job at their hiring process because from the day I started everyone there was very welcoming and helpful and made it very easy for me to become great at my job tasks. The Physicians Ive worked for and those I filled in for the regular Nurses were all very helpful and approachable. They were always willing to teach you and never made you feel reluctant to ask a question. Employees at WestMed actually smile and enjoy working as a team.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients. They make me feel a sense of accomplishment when I see them smile and praise everyone from the staff downstairs at the Concierge Desk when they first walk in to the staff upstairs where they have to check in and then to myself and finally the Physician. It warms my heart to ease a patient anxieties they may have when coming to see a Physician and most of all I enjoy knowing that they have left our company feeling informed, respected, and confident that everyone here will work to do whatever we can possibly do to help and be there for them. And they will pass the word onto their family members, friends,and others which will grow our company.
A miserable place to work
Management (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 24, 2015
I left a reputable company to work here I was impressed with the great promise and lies they sold in orientation. I found out it was a joke after a year the worst management I ever encountered was with this company. If someone had told me it was this bad I would believe that they were telling stories but from personal experience I would urge anyone that is thinking of applying with this company to think twice. If you desperately need the experience take a chance but if you have a choice run as fast as you can. Management do not know how to manage and when you ask for help all you receive is attacks and bad reviews they walk around with a magnifying glass all day long looking for errors and trying to make trouble when there is none. Employees are constantly leaving because of bad treatment and the only incentive they offer is over working the employees. The workload is so bad that I have gone without lunch most days. I felt like I was watching a slave movie over and over this was becoming a nightmare. I did not know that slavery still existed until I work with this company.
Pros
No Incentives not even water for the employees to drink
Cons
Run for the hills
WestMed Medical Group
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
The BEST place I have ever worked.
Pleasant place to have a career, meet nice people, and provide quality patient care and imaging to our patients.
All the staff is friendly, approachable and readily available.
The Radiologist are respectfull to their staff and are always avaailable for questions.
The CEO at WestMed is approachable and caring towards his staff.
The Director of Radiology runs the department very structured and is approachable at all times.
I am gratefull to be a part os the WestMed family, because that's exactly how we are treated.
There is no hard part: its a relaxed place that you could do your job without stressfull interference.
Pros
very structured.
Hostile environment/favoritism
Medical Assistant Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYJune 9, 2015
Workplace bullies. Hostile environment. Favoritism. Incompetent Management. Quick turnaround. Overworked, under appreciated.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Overworked, under appreciated
They care about their staff.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYDecember 11, 2015
I have enjoyed working for WestMed and really feel appreciated here. They have been honest with me and have been very flexible in accommodating my schedule. I have been rewarded for my hard work.
WestMed Medical Group
Patient Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 15, 2014
I enjoyed working very much with WestMed. Most of the patients were very pleasant. I tried my hardest to make a positive impact on all visitors/service people/patients/co-workers alike. The problem that I had with WestMed was the management. Every single person that is of higher level management will smile in your face and talk behind your back. When it comes to personal issues, they were very accommodating in regards to my position in the company. However, as a per diem employee seeking full time advancement, it is not promising. I tried several times to speak with HR and fully express my concerns to no avail.
Pros
the people
Companys Management is very poor.
Patient Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  210 Westchester aveJuly 10, 2015
this company states that they work as a team and all for the bettering of themselves but from a personal stand point, the management needs help when it comes to quality and fairness.
Pros
basic staff are impeccable!
Its a very busy place to work at.
Lobby Attendant/ Concierge (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 5, 2013
Well my days working there weren't bad at all. The only two things I can say is when the computers go down and if one of the department has a clogged bathroom toilet.

I learned that when you work hard at helping the patients and care for them, they say great things about you. Most of them reward you as well.

As far as management goes, it could work on communication a little bit more.

Co-workers were very pleasant to work with. I had some who were fun and very down to earth. There were others who were just serious
hard workers. No matter, they all worked hard.

The hardest part of the job is when I didn't have enough wheelchairs for the patients because it was a full house and we were all out.

The most thing that I enjoyed about my job was making the patients very happy and that I was very helpful to them by assisting them in so many ways.
Pros
great rewards goes to those who work hard
Cons
bad communication causes confusion
Good company
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2015
Very innovative and forward thinking company. Management is very supportive. I would recommend to family and friends.
Great Company
Radiology Tech Aide (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 16, 2015
WESTMED is a wonderful company to work for as they are expanding and take care of their current employees. I would come back to work for the company any day.
Nice company to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rye, NYMay 24, 2015
The area is nice and management is decent. they were very helpful when patients/customers were difficult. Somewhat unorganized as far as scheduling sufficient coverage.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 5, 2015
Amazing company to work for. Great medical benefits. Amazing people within the company. Very flexible hours. Always room to learn more and grow within the company.
Ok place to work but alot of favoritism.
RN (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 1, 2014
This place pays well but a lot of mangers & doctors there favor certain employees. If you make one mistake they will write you up at the drop of a hat. If they don't like you they will tell lies about you in your evaluation to make you look bad. The department I work in has office bullies that rule the entire suite. I have complained about these workers numerous times to HR and nothing is done about it. I am looking to get out because of the misery I must face each work day. Anyone out there considering working at this place should think again.
Pros
free coffee, excellent pay
Cons
no regular lunch breaks, long hours without overtime, short staffed, office bullies.
Ok place to work bad managers and pay
It help desk (Former Employee) –  White plains NYMay 8, 2014
Westmed is not a bad place to work. They are going even thought the never tell you anything like the merger they had with another. Company. The staff is great and all but really what comes down to is the three. Pay job security and advancement. You will not get paid good here at all. The pay is a slap in the face. There is job security though it very hard to get fired from this place unless you screw up bad. The advancement in throw company is if u are close with your manager. I hate to say this but people say go extra mile you get rewarded NOPE not here. Everyone looks like they are happy but they are not because the place they work.
Pros
nice people to work with that about it
Cons
pay, staff, managers, favoritism
Enjoyed working with my Dr and coworkers outside my suite.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 3, 2014
In the beginning I thought it was a great place to work after being transferred to a different department The patients loved me. Always worked short staffed. No appreciation from the Dr or management for a job well done. I asked if they could at least give us some pto time for working short staffed was informed it was not gonna happen. The manager as well as my coworker were back stabbing. Manager woud make note of every single word you said and write you up.
Pros
non
Cons
short staffed, unappreciative
Productive Workplace
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Ok place to work, learned a lot. Everyone was friendly and willing to help others. Management is a little hard to get to when you have a problem are concern.
Company does not promote advancement from within.
Contact Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte,NCNovember 5, 2013
Enjoyable place to work. Salary should be higher. Management is approachable.
Emr
Fertility Nurse (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 25, 2015
Westmed is a great place for new graduates to learn and thrive with the supportive staff. Easy way to learn an EMR system.
poor salary and benefits
LPN (Former Employee) –  White Plains NYDecember 9, 2012
I have over 2 years experience and the hourly salary that was offered to me after the interview was very low $19.50. The benefits offered were super expensive and not worth it. this position has been open for more than a year. when they fill it does not last. maybe if they offer better pay and benefits they can keep staff nurses. after salary negotiations they offered an additional 50 cents so i passed the offer.