WESTMED Medical Group Employee Reviews

People stay for the bonuses and then quit. That is how awful it is.
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMay 11, 2017
Simple. They offer huge bonuses because they know it's an awful place to work. The number of people that quit right after that bi-annual bonus is crazy! Everyone counts down the days til they can quit. Funny, you will be so glad when you go to orientation that you joined such a great company and then the truth sinks in- it's all about the money! Productivity, productivity, productivity at any expense. They do not care about the employees and beware that mangers are awful. They get even more $ and that is the only thing that drives them. It's like they sell their souls for money. Do not work for this company. You will regret it.
Pros
Cons
See review
Good staff, terrible leadership
Intern (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYMay 3, 2017
The physicians and staff within the organization are great to work with. Establishing a rapport and getting the job done for the benefit of the patient is always a priority to them. The leadership, specifically senior level/executive, does not share the same ideals. The focus is to make it look like WestMed is a great place to work and focused on quality of care, however the reality is that they will manipulate data, reporting only what makes them appear better.
The senior leadership takes the position that what they do is all that matters and they create a hostile work environment for those reporting directly to them. They fail to adhere to their own policies, if a policy exists for the organization at all.
West med medical group
Assist patients (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 23, 2017
I have worked at west medical since 2014 I am currently still employed . In june 2017 I am relocating to the philadelphia,pa area. Just trying to get a head start on a new job placement . Im a hard worker and willing to learn and adjust
Awful place to work!!
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYSeptember 8, 2016
Gonna be totally hones! the worst company ever as a nurse to work for! Lots of work place bullying from incompetent mangers whose jobs are always on the line and favoritism is you keep your mouth shut. They have a big turn over rate and that should be a BIG sign to any prospective.. You'll forever see ads for employment because they can't keep anyone there
Pros
One md ration, year end bonus
Cons
Favoritism, work place bullying, no job security
You must be willing to work holidays and weekends
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJuly 14, 2016
Best Buy is good for student who are just coming out of college and for older people looking to retire. The job security is good but the life balance is poor. It's a needy job. You must work weekends and holiday's
Pros
Compensation and benefit is good
Cons
You must be willing to work holidays and week ends
They care about their staff.
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Westchester, NYDecember 11, 2015
I have enjoyed working for WestMed and really feel appreciated here. They have been honest with me and have been very flexible in accommodating my schedule. I have been rewarded for my hard work.
A healthcare provider on track to be the best.
Superintendent / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYNovember 6, 2015
WedMed is on track to be one of the top "all-in-one" healthcare providers in the nation. Every day is a rewarding experience knowing that the people you work with are very professional and very helpful. The most challenging part of the job is keeping up with the pace of change. The healthcare field is constantly changing, but WestMed provides the necessary tools for individual advancement which make the job that much more enjoyable.
Pros
Best equipment avaiable for the staff to use.
Cons
Growing so fast it's difficult to keep track of all it has to offer.
A miserable place to work
Management (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 24, 2015
I left a reputable company to work here I was impressed with the great promise and lies they sold in orientation. I found out it was a joke after a year the worst management I ever encountered was with this company. If someone had told me it was this bad I would believe that they were telling stories but from personal experience I would urge anyone that is thinking of applying with this company to think twice. If you desperately need the experience take a chance but if you have a choice run as fast as you can. Management do not know how to manage and when you ask for help all you receive is attacks and bad reviews they walk around with a magnifying glass all day long looking for errors and trying to make trouble when there is none. Employees are constantly leaving because of bad treatment and the only incentive they offer is over working the employees. The workload is so bad that I have gone without lunch most days. I felt like I was watching a slave movie over and over this was becoming a nightmare. I did not know that slavery still existed until I work with this company.
Pros
No Incentives not even water for the employees to drink
Cons
Run for the hills
Great Company
Radiology Tech Aide (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYOctober 16, 2015
WESTMED is a wonderful company to work for as they are expanding and take care of their current employees. I would come back to work for the company any day.
Great company for health care needs/ unfortunately not so much for employment
Administration (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Westmed has some of the most amazing clinical staff in Westchester County (nursing staff, doctors etc) As an employee with benefits through the company, all of my doctors are in the group and I have recieved great care from almost every provider I chose. That being said, as an employee, there is an extremely inconsistent work environment that truly needs to be addressed. Many people are overworked, underpaid and unappreciated and despite the company's new found interest in the betterment of employee satisfaction. Corporate says that they are here to help you in anyway until you actually reach out and ask for help. Then the run-aound begins. Once you open your mouth and ask for help its as if they open up your file to see what YOU have done wrong in order to keep your mouth shut. Unless you've been here for a few years, you're virtually non-existent. Management is helpful to a point, as they are pulled between needing to do their job effectively and needing to care for the employees under them. It's as if they need to grow a cold heart in order to look like they're doing great in the eyes of the corporate staff. As a health care industry, it's disheartening to know that the people in charge are only looking at the organization as a way to make money instead of a way to provide utmost care to both staff and patients. I find that many people who leave this company come back with news such as "I get paid so much more here" or "I never realized just how much we were taken advantage of until I left"

I truly hope Westmed remembers their own mission statement when dealing with employees
  more... in the future.  less
Pros
Virtually free doctors visits with company's insurance, experience with electronic systems, hour breaks
Cons
Management support poor, tries to make several positive changes and falls short or finishing the project at hand, extremely expensive cafe on site
WestMed is a role model for serving the Community
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 19, 2015
A typical day at WestMed is fun and for me stimulating. WestMed has done a great job at their hiring process because from the day I started everyone there was very welcoming and helpful and made it very easy for me to become great at my job tasks. The Physicians Ive worked for and those I filled in for the regular Nurses were all very helpful and approachable. They were always willing to teach you and never made you feel reluctant to ask a question. Employees at WestMed actually smile and enjoy working as a team.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the patients. They make me feel a sense of accomplishment when I see them smile and praise everyone from the staff downstairs at the Concierge Desk when they first walk in to the staff upstairs where they have to check in and then to myself and finally the Physician. It warms my heart to ease a patient anxieties they may have when coming to see a Physician and most of all I enjoy knowing that they have left our company feeling informed, respected, and confident that everyone here will work to do whatever we can possibly do to help and be there for them. And they will pass the word onto their family members, friends,and others which will grow our company.
Companys Management is very poor.
Patient Experience Associate (Former Employee) –  210 Westchester aveJuly 10, 2015
this company states that they work as a team and all for the bettering of themselves but from a personal stand point, the management needs help when it comes to quality and fairness.
Pros
basic staff are impeccable!
Emr
Fertility Nurse (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 25, 2015
Westmed is a great place for new graduates to learn and thrive with the supportive staff. Easy way to learn an EMR system.
Good company
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2015
Very innovative and forward thinking company. Management is very supportive. I would recommend to family and friends.
Hostile environment/favoritism
Medical Assistant Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYJune 9, 2015
Workplace bullies. Hostile environment. Favoritism. Incompetent Management. Quick turnaround. Overworked, under appreciated.
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Overworked, under appreciated
Nice company to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rye, NYMay 24, 2015
The area is nice and management is decent. they were very helpful when patients/customers were difficult. Somewhat unorganized as far as scheduling sufficient coverage.
Great work environment with good support staff
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Purchase New YorkMay 6, 2015
Excellent work environment with good support staff.
Proficient in electronic medical records and good communication with the patients other doctors in the Westmed group.
Pros
as above
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYApril 5, 2015
Amazing company to work for. Great medical benefits. Amazing people within the company. Very flexible hours. Always room to learn more and grow within the company.
WestMed Medical Group
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
The BEST place I have ever worked.
Pleasant place to have a career, meet nice people, and provide quality patient care and imaging to our patients.
All the staff is friendly, approachable and readily available.
The Radiologist are respectfull to their staff and are always avaailable for questions.
The CEO at WestMed is approachable and caring towards his staff.
The Director of Radiology runs the department very structured and is approachable at all times.
I am gratefull to be a part os the WestMed family, because that's exactly how we are treated.
There is no hard part: its a relaxed place that you could do your job without stressfull interference.
Pros
Very Structured.
Productive Workplace
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Ok place to work, learned a lot. Everyone was friendly and willing to help others. Management is a little hard to get to when you have a problem are concern.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WESTMED Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8