WESTMED Medical Group Employee Reviews

EMR
Fertility Nurse (Current Employee), Purchase, NYJune 25, 2015
Westmed is a great place for new graduates to learn and thrive with the supportive staff. Easy way to learn an EMR system.
Good company
Client Relations Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2015
Very innovative and forward thinking company. Management is very supportive. I would recommend to family and friends.
Hostile environment/favoritism
Medical Assistant Pediatrics (Former Employee), Rye, NYJune 9, 2015
Pros: Healthcare benefits
Cons: Overworked, under appreciated
Workplace bullies. Hostile environment. Favoritism. Incompetent Management. Quick turnaround. Overworked, under appreciated.
Nice company to work
Receptionist (Current Employee), Rye, NYMay 24, 2015
The area is nice and management is decent. they were very helpful when patients/customers were difficult. Somewhat unorganized as far as scheduling sufficient coverage.
Great work environment with good support staff
Physician Assistant (Current Employee), Purchase New YorkMay 6, 2015
Pros: as above
Excellent work environment with good support staff.
Proficient in electronic medical records and good communication with the patients other doctors in the Westmed group.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Purchase, NYApril 5, 2015
Amazing company to work for. Great medical benefits. Amazing people within the company. Very flexible hours. Always room to learn more and grow within the company.
WestMed Medical Group
MRI Technologist (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
Pros: very structured.
The BEST place I have ever worked.
Pleasant place to have a career, meet nice people, and provide quality patient care and imaging to our patients.
All the staff is friendly, approachable and readily available.
The Radiologist are respectfull to their staff and are always avaailable for questions.
The CEO at WestMed is approachable and caring towards his staff.
The Director of Radiology runs the department very structured and is approachable at all times.
I am gratefull to be a part os the WestMed family, because that's exactly how we are treated.
There is no hard part: its a relaxed place that you could do your job without stressfull interference.
Productive Workplace
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Rye, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Ok place to work, learned a lot. Everyone was friendly and willing to help others. Management is a little hard to get to when you have a problem are concern.
Medical Patient Care Representative (Current Employee), Scarsdale, NYAugust 10, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the patients.
Hostile Enviorment
LPN (Former Employee), Yonkers NYJuly 20, 2014
Pros: close to shopping
Cons: long hours
Nursing staff is unorganized pay is low treat employees unfair as the more money they make
Enjoyed working with my Dr and coworkers outside my suite.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 3, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: short staffed, unappreciative
In the beginning I thought it was a great place to work after being transferred to a different department The patients loved me. Always worked short staffed. No appreciation from the Dr or management for a job well done. I asked if they could at least give us some pto time for working short staffed was informed it was not gonna happen. The manager as well as my coworker were back stabbing. Manager woud make note of every single word you said and write you up.
Ok place to work bad managers and pay
It help desk (Former Employee), White plains NYMay 8, 2014
Pros: nice people to work with that about it
Cons: pay, staff, managers, favoritism
Westmed is not a bad place to work. They are going even thought the never tell you anything like the merger they had with another. Company. The staff is great and all but really what comes down to is the three. Pay job security and advancement. You will not get paid good here at all. The pay is a slap in the face. There is job security though it very hard to get fired from this place unless you screw up bad. The advancement in throw company is if u are close with your manager. I hate to say this but people say go extra mile you get rewarded NOPE not here. Everyone looks like they are happy but they are not because the place they work.
WestMed Medical Group
Patient Experience Associate (Former Employee), White Plains, NYJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: the people
I enjoyed working very much with WestMed. Most of the patients were very pleasant. I tried my hardest to make a positive impact on all visitors/service people/patients/co-workers alike. The problem that I had with WestMed was the management. Every single person that is of higher level management will smile in your face and talk behind your back. When it comes to personal issues, they were very accommodating in regards to my position in the company. However, as a per diem employee seeking full time advancement, it is not promising. I tried several times to speak with HR and fully express my concerns to no avail.
Ok place to work but alot of favoritism.
RN (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: free coffee, excellent pay
Cons: no regular lunch breaks, long hours without overtime, short staffed, office bullies.
This place pays well but a lot of mangers & doctors there favor certain employees. If you make one mistake they will write you up at the drop of a hat. If they don't like you they will tell lies about you in your evaluation to make you look bad. The department I work in has office bullies that rule the entire suite. I have complained about these workers numerous times to HR and nothing is done about it. I am looking to get out because of the misery I must face each work day. Anyone out there considering working at this place should think again.
Fast Growing Urgent Care Medical Office
Health Information Site Manager (Former Employee), Purchase, NYDecember 11, 2013
Pros: internal growth
Cons: too far to travel
Champions of customer service standards, treats colleagues as true business partners and customers in a courteous and professional manner.
Company does not promote advancement from within.
Contact Center Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte,NCNovember 5, 2013
Enjoyable place to work. Salary should be higher. Management is approachable.
How I feel at work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYOctober 6, 2013
I love interacting on a personal level with my patients. They are people who deserve respect and quality care. My coworkers are fair, honest, and always willing to collaborate as a team. I am very proud to work for my company.
Its a very busy place to work at.
Lobby Attendant/ Concierge (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYJuly 5, 2013
Pros: great rewards goes to those who work hard
Cons: bad communication causes confusion
Well my days working there weren't bad at all. The only two things I can say is when the computers go down and if one of the department has a clogged bathroom toilet.

I learned that when you work hard at helping the patients and care for them, they say great things about you. Most of them reward you as well.

As far as management goes, it could work on communication a little bit more.

Co-workers were very pleasant to work with. I had some who were fun and very down to earth. There were others who were just serious
hard workers. No matter, they all worked hard.

The hardest part of the job is when I didn't have enough wheelchairs for the patients because it was a full house and we were all out.

The most thing that I enjoyed about my job was making the patients very happy and that I was very helpful to them by assisting them in so many ways.
Good place to work and good work/ life balance.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), White Plains, NYMarch 30, 2013
Assist MD with procedures.
Good team work with coworkers.
I enjoy working only for four days and being able to be done with my day and the sun is still out.
Hardest thing to deal can be patients and also not enough communication between departments.
poor salary and benefits
LPN (Former Employee), White Plains NYDecember 9, 2012
I have over 2 years experience and the hourly salary that was offered to me after the interview was very low $19.50. The benefits offered were super expensive and not worth it. this position has been open for more than a year. when they fill it does not last. maybe if they offer better pay and benefits they can keep staff nurses. after salary negotiations they offered an additional 50 cents so i passed the offer.