WESTMED Practice Partners Employee Reviews in United States

Call Center that supports NY Medical office- Great concept , however the operation needs new management
Contact Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 29, 2016
It is a great concept, however this business needs a better developed management team leading this operation. The reason that this company has revolving door for its employees because it is lacking adequate leadership. Several of the members of management are home-grown with no sense of development of management or healthcare period.

The goal , it seems is to hire just to fire. The company does NOT invest in retaining and training the talent that currently exists. The average period a call center employee will work there is 9-12 months.
This call center needs to return to it's headquarters in New York.

Management need to learn to make business decisions not decisions based on personal feelings.
Pros
Can get hired quickly, especially for entry level
Cons
Wasted time, Need new management and affecting patient care
Overall Good Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2016
Westmed is a great company to work for, especially if you are getting into the healthcare sector for the first time. Everyone is really nice and easy to work with on a daily basis. There is always someone there to help when it is necessary. Upper management is supportive and understanding as well.
Pros
Good training initiatives, excellent management teams, family oriented
Cons
compensation could be better and could offer sick time instead of everything falling under PTO, and could offer tuition reimbursement
Very Informative
MEDICAL SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2016
If youre looking to get into the medical field this is a great way to get your foot in the door. Learn about different medical terms while scheduling appointment for patients while building relationships with the DR's.
Good Overall COmpany
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 18, 2015
A typical day as a network admin at WestMed can vary greatly based on issues of the day. I've learned so much related to network security that it has caused me redirect my career focus to network security specific jobs.
Unrealistic expectations
Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2015
The management there are very unprofessional and lack leadership skills. The workload that we were given and the amount of time to complete the tasks were unrealistic. This place has a big turn over rate than I've ever seen compared to other places I've worked at. There was a lot of favoritism going on between some of the supervisors and workers. The environment there was very stressful.
Pros
Good benefits and pay rate.
Cons
No breaks other than lunch. Stressful atmosphere
Proudctive work place
Medical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work for me as a Medical Scheduler great. Helping patients to schedule appointments, and providing the best customer service to the patients on a daily basis is most enjoyable.
Lean innovative work environment
Director of Quality Assurance & Training (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 14, 2015
WESTMED's mantra of hiring "smart and nice" people results in a work environment where ideas are welcome and collaboration is the norm.
Overwhelming expections with no assistance
ex employee (Former Employee) –  charlotte NCMay 12, 2015
Only good thing about working for this company is the people you meet and become friends with. Other than that upper management focus is maintaining his or her job at the same time concerned about not being spoken to instead of trying to find a solution. But instead they pile more work on top of the enormous amount of work that you already have at the same pay rate instead of hiring more people. Human resources dept not dedicated to the humans that work there on top of not having knowledge of basic benefits of the company they work for. Then you get cancelation letter for benefits you think is being deducted from your check for payment not being received and no one can explain why. Human resource manager has the personality of a rock! Policies apply to some staff depending on how much butt kissing you do. Turn around in this establishment is ridiculous!
Pros
a check
Cons
over worked, under paid
Do not take the risk!!!!
CALL CENTER SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2015
I left a good job because i was trying to relocate to the area thinking this was going to be better for me. My experience was awful. The training is inadequate and they do not care about your livelihood. they give you information in the morning and expect you to know it in the afternoon. the interview did not provide an accurate representation of what the job entailed. I cannot even put in words how to describe the management...i guess one word = horrible, they give you fake smiles to get you in the door then it's all downhill from there. They said it would be 5 weeks of training then we would get on the phones. Week 2 we were on the phones and week 4 they let me go saying i was not catching on quick enough. I was a former training coordinator at my previous job and It took 2-3 months for us to train someone completely so i was appalled at the way they treated us. In my class there were 12 ppl and by week 4 when i left there were 5 ppl left and to this day i know only 3 are left.... they all quit expect one... I was devastated because i had no income with a new place to pay for. luckily my old job let me come back but it is not that easy for everyone. My advice STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!

btw:i could not use profane language in this review but if i could i would have
Pros
NONE
Cons
THEY WILL LET YOU GO FOR ANYTHING
Take this job if its your last option
Contact Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2015
This job started out to be something that seemed to good to be true, and later on down the line it was nothing good at all. They put so much on you where you are stressed everyday. They give you 5 different jobs, then tell you that you are not doing enough to get a raise. The team leads and managers are the worse. They walk around and bark orders all day, and refuse to help out when it is really needed. Well half of the staff is not trained to answer the phones, but are trained enough to to be managers and team leads at a call center. There is no job security, one mistake and they are walking you out of the office. If you really needed a job, and was willing to take the extra mess, then this is where you should go

Want to know more about WESTMED Practice Partners?

Ask a question
Physician Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Westmed offered great compensation. Staff is talented and innovative. Westmed offers a great place to grow professional and personally. Management is invested in a prosperous and joyful work climate.
unless you're going to be kicked out on the street do not take this job
SME (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2015
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company they do not value their employees they have a very high turn over the managers and team leads talk to you like you are a child. Everything that you do is watched by the management they walk around with radios and reports to each other everything you do. If you go to the restroom they will be waiting for you at your desk. You cannot get any time off and their attendance policy Is a joke. If you miss a day of work that is two points and after 9 points you are terminated. Management and team leads do not have your back at all and do not stick up for their employees. It is very highschool and immature and they play favorites. Only butt kissers get promotions and if you do get a promotion you have to work like a slave to get it. This company goes off of here say if someone says something about you they do not investigate they pull you into a meeting with hr or the director. Different departments do not work well together. The patients are rude and they talk to you any kind of way. It is not a good job at all!!! A typical day here you clock on take calls and whenever you have a question your supervisor or any form of leadership is not around to answer your questions. Q.A. Is very strict patients are calling to speak with there doctor no one ever calls them back. Doctors have left things in patients and they never call them back or they call in for a rx refill and you send them a message about it but they never follow up with the patient. Office staff never answers the phone.
Pros
some money is better than no money
Cons
incompetent staff rude managers break time overall a horrible experience
Leadership of FELONS
Contact Center (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 20, 2014
I've never worked in a place where management was full of FELONS. Can you believe felons are looking at your personal information and in charge of departments? Someone needs to check the background of current management employees!
Pros
paycheck
Cons
management needs to take management classes
In a word "Dictatorship"
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Not a good place to work; you are told exactly what you can and cannot do; down to contacting terminated employees.
Was told it was in our best interest if we "did not contact" them.

You are not even allowed to speak directly with HR.
Pros
nothing
Cons
pay, management
Productive workplace and very nice enviorment
Healthcare Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2014
Westmed is a great place to work for people who are in the medical field and right out of college. This company always talk about growth potential and room for advancement. I have heard numerous people talk about their move up within the company which is a great thing.
Love working here!
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 26, 2014
Professional working environment with room to grow. Fast paced and busy. Growing organization. Great internal culture and everyone is helpful and nice to work with.
Stay Far Away: Worst Employment
IT analyst (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 15, 2014
This was by far the worst employment experience I've had in my 12+ year career. Company's management is obsessed with being the future of healthcare but day to day actions display a highly immature company that is well behind the curve of leading healthcare organizations. Management is shady and provides zero transparency on compensation incentives or company's financial results. You are told the company is doing really well and is growing at an exponential rate, but this is far from reality and evident in the extremely high turnover and lack of decent pay. Company is deeply routed in politics and rewards nepotism and favoritism mainly. Most of the executive team's family have jobs at this company despite not being anywhere near qualified for them. More than 50% of the company holds management titles and most don't even have direct reports! Despite the flashy titles in this organization, the pay and benefits are well below standards even in a poor economic outlook. Management will literally tell you the economy is doing poorly and you should be happy about your minimal raise and lack of benefits.

Encourage all to do an abundant amount of research before committing to this organization. I wish I had done the same.
Pros
attractive building
Cons
pay, benefits, culture, management, growth, job not a career
Non structured, inexperience leadership,unprof
Customer Associate Call Center (Current Employee) –  Charlotte,NCMarch 27, 2014
Out of all of my 10 years of working in a call center environment this job takes the cake. There's a lack of work ethic, professionlism, and most of all trust. The turnover rate is outrageous for such a new company here in charlotte. The leadership/Mangement dept. speaks down at you when you ask questions,because they don't have the answer their self. Polices/Procedures are not standarized, they make them up as they go!!! As a piece of advice don't make this place a career choice...A waste of valuable skills, will only make you bitter if you allow it..
Pros
paycheck
Cons
expensive benefits, low wages, short lunches, employee recongition
Worst employment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYMarch 4, 2014
By far this is worst kind of management experience I had with an organization. Direct management is discourteous, belittling to staffs with non-managerial title. Promotion is rewarded based on favoritism and not on performance. This is a non-union organization, and unfortunately union is strongly needed to protect the rights of the employees. Overheard so many employees speaking of dissatisfaction, but are hesitant to speak up due to the state of the Economy and the repercussions they may incur from management.
Pros
beautiful building
Cons
management skills, lack of resource, expensive benefit package, poor handling of paper work, lack of team work between different departments.
Very fast growing practice.
Director of Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2014
-Ensured staffing was adequate
-Developed and conducted nursing staffing education
-Trained nursing staff on various quality assurance project
-Handled patient complaints to make sure quality care was delivered
-Monitored inventory and budgetary control
-Prepared for inspection
-Coordinated with various departments to ensure quality clinical care was delivered
-Assessed nursing clinical skill
-Developed clinical guidelines, policy and procedures.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WESTMED Practice Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6