WESTMED Practice Partners

WESTMED Practice Partners Employer Reviews

unless you're going to be kicked out on the street do not take this job
SME (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: some money is better than no money
Cons: incompetent staff rude managers break time overall a horrible experience
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company they do not value their employees they have a very high turn over the managers and team leads talk to you like you are a child. Everything that you do is watched by the management they walk around with radios and reports to each other everything you do. If you go to the restroom they will be waiting for you at your desk. You cannot get any time off and their attendance policy Is a joke. If you miss a day of work that is two points and after 9 points you are terminated. Management and team leads do not have your back at all and do not stick up for their employees. It is very highschool and immature and they play favorites. Only butt kissers get promotions and if you do get a promotion you have to work like a slave to get it. This company goes off of here say if someone says something about you they do not investigate they pull you into a meeting with hr or the director. Different departments do not work well together. The patients are rude and they talk to you any kind of way. It is not a good job at all!!! A typical day here you clock on take calls and whenever you have a question your supervisor or any form of leadership is not around to answer your questions. Q.A. Is very strict patients are calling to speak with there doctor no one ever calls them back. Doctors have left things in patients and they never call them back or they call in for a rx refill and you send them a message about it but they never follow up with the patient. Office staff never answers the phone.
Leadership of FELONS
Contact Center (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 20, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: management needs to take management classes
I've never worked in a place where management was full of FELONS. Can you believe felons are looking at your personal information and in charge of departments? Someone needs to check the background of current management employees!
In a word "Dictatorship"
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: pay, management
Not a good place to work; you are told exactly what you can and cannot do; down to contacting terminated employees.
Was told it was in our best interest if we "did not contact" them.

You are not even allowed to speak directly with HR.
Productive workplace and very nice enviorment
Healthcare Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2014
Westmed is a great place to work for people who are in the medical field and right out of college. This company always talk about growth potential and room for advancement. I have heard numerous people talk about their move up within the company which is a great thing.
Love working here!
Confidential (Current Employee), Purchase, NYJune 26, 2014
Professional working environment with room to grow. Fast paced and busy. Growing organization. Great internal culture and everyone is helpful and nice to work with.
Stay Far Away: Worst Employment
IT analyst (Current Employee), Purchase, NYJune 15, 2014
Pros: attractive building
Cons: pay, benefits, culture, management, growth, job not a career
This was by far the worst employment experience I've had in my 12+ year career. Company's management is obsessed with being the future of healthcare but day to day actions display a highly immature company that is well behind the curve of leading healthcare organizations. Management is shady and provides zero transparency on compensation incentives or company's financial results. You are told the company is doing really well and is growing at an exponential rate, but this is far from reality and evident in the extremely high turnover and lack of decent pay. Company is deeply routed in politics and rewards nepotism and favoritism mainly. Most of the executive team's family have jobs at this company despite not being anywhere near qualified for them. More than 50% of the company holds management titles and most don't even have direct reports! Despite the flashy titles in this organization, the pay and benefits are well below standards even in a poor economic outlook. Management will literally tell you the economy is doing poorly and you should be happy about your minimal raise and lack of benefits.

Encourage all to do an abundant amount of research before committing to this organization. I wish I had done the same.
Non structured, inexperience leadership,unprof
Customer Associate Call Center (Current Employee), Charlotte,NCMarch 27, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: expensive benefits, low wages, short lunches, employee recongition
Out of all of my 10 years of working in a call center environment this job takes the cake. There's a lack of work ethic, professionlism, and most of all trust. The turnover rate is outrageous for such a new company here in charlotte. The leadership/Mangement dept. speaks down at you when you ask questions,because they don't have the answer their self. Polices/Procedures are not standarized, they make them up as they go!!! As a piece of advice don't make this place a career choice...A waste of valuable skills, will only make you bitter if you allow it..
Worst employment
Analyst (Current Employee), Purchase, NYMarch 4, 2014
Pros: beautiful building
Cons: management skills, lack of resource, expensive benefit package, poor handling of paper work, lack of team work between different departments.
By far this is worst kind of management experience I had with an organization. Direct management is discourteous, belittling to staffs with non-managerial title. Promotion is rewarded based on favoritism and not on performance. This is a non-union organization, and unfortunately union is strongly needed to protect the rights of the employees. Overheard so many employees speaking of dissatisfaction, but are hesitant to speak up due to the state of the Economy and the repercussions they may incur from management.
Very fast growing practice.
Director of Clinical Operations (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 16, 2014
-Ensured staffing was adequate
-Developed and conducted nursing staffing education
-Trained nursing staff on various quality assurance project
-Handled patient complaints to make sure quality care was delivered
-Monitored inventory and budgetary control
-Prepared for inspection
-Coordinated with various departments to ensure quality clinical care was delivered
-Assessed nursing clinical skill
-Developed clinical guidelines, policy and procedures.
I love my job!
Contact Center Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: healthcare, excellent team members, great management, great experience
Cons: nothing that i can think of...
I absolutely love my job! The people that I work with on a daily basis are very helpful, fun, and professional. I'm always motivated to do my best and I absolutely love my patients! I thoroughly enjoy coming to work to help change someone's life whether it be just to have someone to talk to, to helping someone overcome a sickness. I take my job seriously and I am truly grateful for what WestMed has done for me. I love my WestMed family and I encourage more people to join the team and meet the special people that I get to see every single day. :)
WESTMED is a great company to work for, however there is no comraderie within the company.
Client Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2013
Pros: customer satisfaction on every level is what westmed strived for, friendships that were made while working for this company, skills i have learned within the call center environment, medical field, and customer service and quality assurance.
Cons: the call center location being in charlotte and the environment, created an uneasy feeling for the patients who are all in new york.
A typical day at work consisted of monitoring calls and complaints that would filter in from patients with Westmed Medical Group, Rye Ambulatory Surgical Center, and Mount Sinai Brooklyn Heights School of Medicine, via phone, internet, writing, or interdepartmental. I learned how to manage my time and I learned different departments in the medical field and what they brought to the company. My colleagues were amazing, we were a great team and were true patient advocates. The hardest part of my job was trying to assist a patient when our systems would crash. It made my job more meaningful to be able to satisfy the patients needs without the system. The most enjoyable part of my job is customer satisfaction. To hear relief in their voices or to know there concerns have been addressed.
Horrible Place to work(Current Employee)
Contact Center Agent (Current Employee), Charlotte NCSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: paycheck
Cons: no respect, horrible turnover, out dated cramped work equiptment/space
They lie to you from day one. The managers are slackers and liars. They have no common sense. I think they're just pulling people off the street and giving them titles! There is no respect at this place. People(Team Leads and Managers) feel like they can speak to you any kind of way. Stay far away! Only good thing is a paycheck,but most of the time your hours are wrong!!! Please find your own health Insurance, you are over paying and still have a high copay. If you do decide to work her, keep to yourself because most of these people are fake and the favoritism is outrageous! You are talked at, you have to ask to use the bathroom, get water or takaree an emergency call, literally raise your hand.
Overworked & underpaid...
Helpdesk Tech Level 2, Full-Time (Current Employee), Purchase, NYSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: minimal supervision, annual bonuses
Cons: expensive benefits, lack of cooperation between departments, lack of communication
I'll keep this short. This company takes advantage of their employees by overworking them and underpaying them. This a growing company with several growing pains.
what a joke!!!!
call center (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 7, 2013
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: management, dull work area, cheap and antiquated equipment, favoritism, low pay
This is the most unprofessional call center I have ever seen. You are a warm body in a chair and that is all. They do not care about the associates comfort or mental stimulation. Stay away, stay far far away!!!
If you enjoy stress, you found the right place.
Contact Center Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2013
Pros: getting a lunch break and helping most of the patients that truly appreciate your help.
Cons: having to deal with the management, now this has to be the worst thing i have ever experienced! absolutely horrible
Out of all my customer service experience and years of enjoying and meeting new people this place has taken the cake!!!!!!! The first reviewer hit it the nail on the head!!!! The management is what makes the job absolutely horrible!!!! I watch them day in and day out fire good employee's for dumb & immoral reasons, which in other states they could get sued for!! Way to go for North Carolina to be a "at will state" smh! They want their employees to show courtesy and empathy towards patients however they show NONE to us!!!!! They tell you one thing and its somthing totally different! Their attendance policy sucks with their so called point system and they dont even give a 1 min.grace period. So beware if u are 1 min. late that goes against you. No matter what reason. They show a lack of professionalism and could care less how they talk to you. Their leads all need to learn what it is to truly be leaders instead of treating people like they don't matter. This is a terrible place to work. They promise you the sun, moon & stars and all you get is a very dark, depressing job to come to. It wouldn't be so bad if they had a little loyalty to their employees. But they don't! I am desperate to find another job. As soon as I walk through the doors here comes the anxiety! Do yourself a favor and keep looking! No room for advancement either. The management promotes who they want to promote!! Job seeker Beware!!!! You will thank me in the end. If you are not good at being fake and phony this is definitely not the place for you!!! Good luck on your job search!!
A fair place to work
Corporate Recruiter/Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee), Purchase, NYMay 11, 2012
WESTMED is a growing company and ambitious company. It's very fast paced, things change on a dime. If you're looking for that type of environment where you can come in, be thrown into a project and make a difference, WESTMED is the place for you.
Stay away
Contact Center Associate (Current Employee), Purchase, NYMay 3, 2012
Pros: healthcare, onsite cafe
Cons: management, short breaks, location, advancement opportunities
Working as a call center associate at Westmed has been the worst job that I have ever had. There is a lack of respect that comes down from upper management that just blows my mind. The turn over rate is very bad. The average time employed there is less than one year. My advice would be to stay very far a way.

December 31, 2012

Worked here as a call center associate and was just amazed at the turnover. Everyday people were quitting because of management. You would have one manager telling you to do your job one way and then be reprimanded by another one because you did not do it their way. Management needs to be taught to be consistent with policies. Everyday someone else was quitting whether they had other jobs lined up or not, just walking out the door at lunch or breaks,etc. Have to be "WestMed Material" is what they tell you, whatever that is, they do not tell you. Not your typical call center.