WESTMED Practice Partners Employee Reviews

fast paced
Contact Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2017
it was definitely a call center high volume calls, very very busy but management was not that great. great place to gain experience in the medical field.
Pros
overtime
Cons
management
Too Much Politics
Biller (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2017
Managers in the billing department only consider their "favorites" for job promotions. no growth and division amongst the workers and managers. a lot of drama
very fun place to work
Biller (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 13, 2017
The hardest part of my job was learning the different Unions and Insurance, what I could fight for and what was not negotiable. Meeting the productivity when working claims over 90 days old.
Pros
Family friendly, the love your team mates and management gives is one in a million
Cons
Hectic, fast past
payment poster
Payment Poster (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 22, 2017
i was given emails with batches that needed to be completed. After completed forward to supervisor. I would pull up the patients accounts, review and post money according to eob
Growing company with advancement opportunities
Charge Capture Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Westmed has really helped me to learn, grow, and build my experience. Within 10 months of employment I received a promotion due to recognized hard work and dedication. The company has a very diverse culture, and I respect that. The job can be challenging at times, but management is there for you when you need them.
Fun work environment
Scheduler/ messenger (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 28, 2016
A typical day at work mainly involves setting patient appointments and messaging the MD's. When you go to work eve4ryday as scheduled and do a good job-you should have no complaints. Management are always doing different activities to keep the moral up.
Pros
potential bonuses every monthly based on performance
Cons
point system
Just a Job
Client Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 9, 2016
Dealing with patients complaints all day
I learn how to be patient
Need better management
Co-workers ok but had better
Dealing with no procedures or workflows
An hour lunch
Pros
I am able to work in an office after two years working from home
Cons
Too many. The company has alot of work to do inregards to retention; workflows and procedures
Horrible workplace, over worked and under paid
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 6, 2016
a typical work day at this company is taking over 100 calls not even being able to breathe in between calls. managers are mean and treat employees any kind of way. they half train their associates and make them take calls for way to many doctors. horrible work environment with hoodrats everywhere.
nice patients
Contact Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2016
Typical day would be busy Monday's, Patient's called to scheduled appointments, refill prescriptions, get recommendations etc. People that worked there were friendly and loved to help.
Call Center that supports NY Medical office- Great concept , however the operation needs new management
Contact Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 29, 2016
It is a great concept, however this business needs a better developed management team leading this operation. The reason that this company has revolving door for its employees because it is lacking adequate leadership. Several of the members of management are home-grown with no sense of development of management or healthcare period.

The goal , it seems is to hire just to fire. The company does NOT invest in retaining and training the talent that currently exists. The average period a call center employee will work there is 9-12 months.
This call center needs to return to it's headquarters in New York.

Management need to learn to make business decisions not decisions based on personal feelings.
Pros
Can get hired quickly, especially for entry level
Cons
Wasted time, Need new management and affecting patient care
Overall Good Company
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2016
Westmed is a great company to work for, especially if you are getting into the healthcare sector for the first time. Everyone is really nice and easy to work with on a daily basis. There is always someone there to help when it is necessary. Upper management is supportive and understanding as well.
Pros
Good training initiatives, excellent management teams, family oriented
Cons
compensation could be better and could offer sick time instead of everything falling under PTO, and could offer tuition reimbursement
Very Informative
MEDICAL SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2016
If youre looking to get into the medical field this is a great way to get your foot in the door. Learn about different medical terms while scheduling appointment for patients while building relationships with the DR's.
Good Overall COmpany
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 18, 2015
A typical day as a network admin at WestMed can vary greatly based on issues of the day. I've learned so much related to network security that it has caused me redirect my career focus to network security specific jobs.
Unrealistic expectations
Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 4, 2015
The management there are very unprofessional and lack leadership skills. The workload that we were given and the amount of time to complete the tasks were unrealistic. This place has a big turn over rate than I've ever seen compared to other places I've worked at. There was a lot of favoritism going on between some of the supervisors and workers. The environment there was very stressful.
Pros
Good benefits and pay rate.
Cons
No breaks other than lunch. Stressful atmosphere
Proudctive work place
Medical Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work for me as a Medical Scheduler great. Helping patients to schedule appointments, and providing the best customer service to the patients on a daily basis is most enjoyable.
Lean innovative work environment
Director of Quality Assurance & Training (Current Employee) –  Purchase, NYJune 14, 2015
WESTMED's mantra of hiring "smart and nice" people results in a work environment where ideas are welcome and collaboration is the norm.
Overwhelming expections with no assistance
ex employee (Former Employee) –  charlotte NCMay 12, 2015
Only good thing about working for this company is the people you meet and become friends with. Other than that upper management focus is maintaining his or her job at the same time concerned about not being spoken to instead of trying to find a solution. But instead they pile more work on top of the enormous amount of work that you already have at the same pay rate instead of hiring more people. Human resources dept not dedicated to the humans that work there on top of not having knowledge of basic benefits of the company they work for. Then you get cancelation letter for benefits you think is being deducted from your check for payment not being received and no one can explain why. Human resource manager has the personality of a rock! Policies apply to some staff depending on how much butt kissing you do. Turn around in this establishment is ridiculous!
Pros
a check
Cons
over worked, under paid
Do not take the risk!!!!
CALL CENTER SCHEDULER (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 13, 2015
I left a good job because i was trying to relocate to the area thinking this was going to be better for me. My experience was awful. The training is inadequate and they do not care about your livelihood. they give you information in the morning and expect you to know it in the afternoon. the interview did not provide an accurate representation of what the job entailed. I cannot even put in words how to describe the management...i guess one word = horrible, they give you fake smiles to get you in the door then it's all downhill from there. They said it would be 5 weeks of training then we would get on the phones. Week 2 we were on the phones and week 4 they let me go saying i was not catching on quick enough. I was a former training coordinator at my previous job and It took 2-3 months for us to train someone completely so i was appalled at the way they treated us. In my class there were 12 ppl and by week 4 when i left there were 5 ppl left and to this day i know only 3 are left.... they all quit expect one... I was devastated because i had no income with a new place to pay for. luckily my old job let me come back but it is not that easy for everyone. My advice STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!

btw:i could not use profane language in this review but if i could i would have
Pros
Cons
They will let you go for anything
Take this job if its your last option
Contact Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2015
This job started out to be something that seemed to good to be true, and later on down the line it was nothing good at all. They put so much on you where you are stressed everyday. They give you 5 different jobs, then tell you that you are not doing enough to get a raise. The team leads and managers are the worse. They walk around and bark orders all day, and refuse to help out when it is really needed. Well half of the staff is not trained to answer the phones, but are trained enough to to be managers and team leads at a call center. There is no job security, one mistake and they are walking you out of the office. If you really needed a job, and was willing to take the extra mess, then this is where you should go
Physician Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Purchase, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Westmed offered great compensation. Staff is talented and innovative. Westmed offers a great place to grow professional and personally. Management is invested in a prosperous and joyful work climate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WESTMED Practice Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7