Westminster Canterbury Employee Reviews

great place to work
certified nursing assistant (Current Employee), virginia beach va.July 16, 2015
I am looking to expand my knowledge and be a team leader i am unable to do so here at Westminster Canterbury. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all those i am able to help in rehab get stronger everyday.
Great Nursing home
CNA (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJuly 1, 2015
I had a great experience during my CNA clinical's. I learned alot from the CNA's. Great instructors. i learned what to do and what not to do.
Not a whole lot of opportunity for advancement
Project Aid (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAApril 14, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: 7-21 day work shifts
I worked a year and a half waiting for an opportunity to interview for the position I stated I was interested in the day I interviewed. I came to realize that I made a mistake. I left a job making 11.75 an hour with 20 hours of overtime a week in a field I could have expanded outward with. When you get a position with this company the main objective is to keep you in a position and not promote you. The work grinds you down as a person. I worked seven days straight on an almost weekly basis. I will never recommend this facility to somebody looking to build a career. Turnover rate is obsurd
Enjoyable work place.
Wait Staff (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 2, 2015
Love to help others. Great customer service. Also love to meet new people. Sometimes it get difficult at work but overall I enjoy every bit of it. I enjoy seeing others happy and to walk around knowing that I helped them and it was a success. Management, co-workers and other employees are all wonderful and respectful. Working with this company has made me more stronger and reliable as a young woman. Also my customer service skills has improved and became more stronger than ever.
CNA at Westminster Canterbury
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 1, 2015
After working at Westminster Canterbury for the past year, there have been some things that I have come to like and there are some things that I could live without.
At Westminster Canterbury, they talk a good game and bring you in believing that you were lucky to be hired and that the environment and staff are pristine. This is a lie. They will pretty much hire anybody off of the street as long as you have your CNA.
If you are full time they WILL NOT work with your school schedule, you must work as PRN in order for them to be able to work with your schedule. However, if you are PRN, don't expect to get anywhere close to a decent amount of hours.

Save yourself the hassle if you are applying. It's not worth it. Places like this are a dime a dozen.
Higher pay than most facilities
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 20, 2015
The PTO does not accrue very fast and the management is scarce. they do not keep staff, as they pay limbo people much more than they pay regular full time employees.
The company is well staffed all the time.
Medication Aide/Nurse Aide (Current Employee), Richmond, VirginiaFebruary 11, 2015
Westminster Canterbury is a nice company. It has all stages of life that needs health/medical assistance. There is all types of stores for shopping and lots of musical events. There is a theater inside, pharmacy, clinic open 24 hours, and a daycare that helps employees and is open to the public.
Diet Aide (Former Employee), Winchester, VADecember 15, 2014
Everyone there was very helpful and kind. Willing to work around your schedule. Co-workers were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with new people and making friends.
Nice place to work just not managed good.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Winchester, VANovember 25, 2014
Pros: good lunches, pays good, nice enviroment
Cons: poor managment
( Westminster Canterbury) a typical day there clock in most time 7 depending were your working. I learned that housekeeping a lot work but u get to meet great people. clean environment. My hardest part of my job was have to wait out in the rain in snow came taking out trash or cleaning apartments. The most joyable part of my job was meeting new people co-workers, residents.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Richmond, VANovember 6, 2014
My work day is pretty productive and busy. I enjoy taking care of the elder.
Heavy work load
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 28, 2014
Very heavy work load and not a fair enough amount of compensation. I was fortunate enough though to continue working after my student CNA course in High School.
Productive and Efficient
Human Resources/Receptionist (Current Employee), Winchester, VAOctober 15, 2014
They are quick and efficient. They are great people to work for!
Great Place to Work
Security (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAOctober 13, 2014
Great team of co workers and management staff. Each day provided a variety of task and assignments as residents came and went. The hardest part of the job was loosing people that became special to me during my every day interaction with them.
High Energy and productive environment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: convenient day care center
Cons: 12 hour shifts
My experience with this company is one of highs and lows. First few years it was a wonderful place to work, Busy all day but close relationships with residents and their families was enjoyable, staff was happy and helpful toward one another, But after the 12 hour shifts started people became burned out, tired and exhausted which leads to irritability. Many staff members have left and brand new staff are now there trying to learn the process,
No tips for Bartenders
Banquet Bartender (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: nice old folks
Cons: not allowed to receive tips while bartending
I didn't get into bartending for the hourly rate. This place doesn't allow bartenders to receive tips and the hourly rate does not at all make up for it. Maybe for an entry level bartender, this might be nice.
Fun and productive workplace
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee), Winchester, VAJune 7, 2014
Management encourages professional growth. Staff support each other to meet the needs of residents.
Beautiful facility wher residents are #1
ADON (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 13, 2014
Low Stress, everyone is friendly and willing to help. Management is fair and knowlegeable
welcoming environment
Opening Lead (Current Employee), virginia beach, vaMarch 3, 2014
Every resident thanks their employees for working every day and putting in all the hard work for them to be there.
relaxed environment
stafff RN (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VA.January 15, 2014
Pros: parking
Cons: written records
Work as sole nurse on your shift
Great co-workers from other units
Management good
hours were great
relaxed work environment
CNA/Unit Clerk/Medical Records Asst (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 11, 2013
Very relaxed environment. Private sitting job with individuals in their homes with daily living tasks.