Westminster Canterbury Employee Reviews in United States

Joyful place to work
Externship (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 2, 2016
This company provides all-round care of elderly people. It is all-in-one facility provider. All managers and supervisors and employees are very helpful and caring. They treat all the people who leave there and work there fairly as their family members.
cooperative job atmosphere with wonderful customers to serve.
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAJuly 8, 2016
A normal day at work starts slow then picks up later. You learn a lot through job training's that are mandatory. Management is always willing to listen to any issues employees have. Co-workers are friendly and enjoyable. the job is easy but can get hectic at times. Working at this job is enjoyable due to the customers you interact with.
Pros
Free lunch, same customers, great employee appreciation, and great benefits
Cons
Short breaks and normally understaffed.
Terrible place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VA 24501June 23, 2016
Management is horrible. They don't appreciate their employees. Most of the residents are very nice and respectful, but some are completely shallow and small-minded.
Upper management does not know how to treat employees.
Several positions (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 7, 2016
People (management) always in your face.
I learned not to trust anyone.
Management holds grudges. Speak your mind and you will go nowhere and they will smile in your face and stab you in a heartbeat. There evaluation process is BS. You are not being rewarded for what you do. They pick you apart so they don't have to give you a decent increase. They should have an across the board cost of living raise for everyone and then evaluate according. Not tearing them apart. If that employee has worked hard giving you what they need and was there going above and beyond then by all means give them a little extra You are really not recognized for what you do either. They don't know how to retain employees.
Only a few choice co-workers could you trust.
Not telling them off on a daily basis.

The most enjoyable part: RESIDENTS (loved everyone of them)

It was a wonderful place to work in early 2000
Pros
RESIDENTS
Cons
Lack of caring for the employee.
Coworkers working well together is the biggest help
Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 31, 2016
A typical work day is very busy with all medication and ADL care. Knowing your residents help with time management as to help throughout the day adjust to any unforeseen issues. The hardest part is working without enough staff. Residents being happy with there care and me is most enjoyable.
Pros
We have an awesome cafeteria at a awesome price
Cons
12 hour shifts biggest con of job
Horrible Work place that does not care about their employees
Bistro Attendant (Former Employee) –  Winchester VANovember 25, 2015
Management will do anything to cover what what they have done wrong.

If you are a hard worker they will push you out and try their best to terminate you.
Excellent workplace
Educational Partnerships
Growth potential
A very interactive place
it intern (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 9, 2015
I can only think of one day that really challenged me. It started off easy I was helping a resident with her Netflix by giving her some tips on restarting the buffering screen when she trying to watch back to back shows. So that it does not appear to take forever to watch the next episode. As soon as I left the residents room one of my employees spotted me and asked "did I work with the IT?" I responded saying yes and did she need something. We discussed what was her issue an unfortunately it had to do with a printer that stopped working. I requested that she could summit a ticket for me so that my work would be credited by my supervisor. Next someone else pops up next to me while I was explaining why I needed a ticketed submitted before I work on the situation. The person that was came over was reporting a new problem with the All In One (AIO) computers that Westminster owned. I had to stay come and take down the new information that they were supplying me because we have had issues with the AIO computers before. Once I finally finished with both of them I check my laptop and headed back to the office to give the new information to my supervisor and to check to see if a ticked was submitted. all of this happened with in about 30-45 minutes I think its crazy how fast things can escalate in a short amount of time.
Cons
It was a Short internship
Preceptorship Program
LPN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 9, 2015
I love that Westminster offers a 8 week program for new nurses. It is a helpful program to get familiar what's it like becoming a new nurse coming straight out of school.
Enjoyable
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 17, 2015
This is a great place to work. They pay great ! They give you hours , they are always rewarding their employees, and they have great benefits! Really enjoyed working here.
great place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 18, 2015
a great place to learn and express yourself I would recommend this place to everyone. I have a great time working here I like all of my co workers
Horrible
Dietary aide (Current Employee) –  virginia beachSeptember 9, 2015
THIS PLACE WILL DO BOTHING BUT STRESS YOU MANAMGEMENT IS SO LAZY AND ALL THEY DO IS COMPLAIN. EVERYONE THAT WORKS HERE QUITS OR GETS FIRED. THEY will be so so nice to you like you never did anything and then turn around and try and get you in trouble!! Don't do it!
Pros
Residents
Exciting work place
Host (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 24, 2015
The best about Westminster is dealing with the residents on a daily basis. They made the day and were a joy to be with. The responsibilities from reservations to dinning inspections to banquets and holiday events to execution made for an exciting and engaging work day.
great place to work
certified nursing assistant (Current Employee) –  virginia beach va.July 16, 2015
I am looking to expand my knowledge and be a team leader i am unable to do so here at Westminster Canterbury. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing all those i am able to help in rehab get stronger everyday.
Great Nursing home
CNA (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 1, 2015
I had a great experience during my CNA clinical's. I learned alot from the CNA's. Great instructors. i learned what to do and what not to do.
Not a whole lot of opportunity for advancement
Project Aid (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 14, 2015
I worked a year and a half waiting for an opportunity to interview for the position I stated I was interested in the day I interviewed. I came to realize that I made a mistake. I left a job making 11.75 an hour with 20 hours of overtime a week in a field I could have expanded outward with. When you get a position with this company the main objective is to keep you in a position and not promote you. The work grinds you down as a person. I worked seven days straight on an almost weekly basis. I will never recommend this facility to somebody looking to build a career. Turnover rate is obsurd
benefits
Cons
7-21 day work shifts
Enjoyable work place.
Wait Staff (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 2, 2015
Love to help others. Great customer service. Also love to meet new people. Sometimes it get difficult at work but overall I enjoy every bit of it. I enjoy seeing others happy and to walk around knowing that I helped them and it was a success. Management, co-workers and other employees are all wonderful and respectful. Working with this company has made me more stronger and reliable as a young woman. Also my customer service skills has improved and became more stronger than ever.
CNA at Westminster Canterbury
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 1, 2015
After working at Westminster Canterbury for the past year, there have been some things that I have come to like and there are some things that I could live without.
At Westminster Canterbury, they talk a good game and bring you in believing that you were lucky to be hired and that the environment and staff are pristine. This is a lie. They will pretty much hire anybody off of the street as long as you have your CNA.
If you are full time they WILL NOT work with your school schedule, you must work as PRN in order for them to be able to work with your schedule. However, if you are PRN, don't expect to get anywhere close to a decent amount of hours.

Save yourself the hassle if you are applying. It's not worth it. Places like this are a dime a dozen.
Higher pay than most facilities
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 20, 2015
The PTO does not accrue very fast and the management is scarce. they do not keep staff, as they pay limbo people much more than they pay regular full time employees.
The company is well staffed all the time.
Medication Aide/Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VirginiaFebruary 11, 2015
Westminster Canterbury is a nice company. It has all stages of life that needs health/medical assistance. There is all types of stores for shopping and lots of musical events. There is a theater inside, pharmacy, clinic open 24 hours, and a daycare that helps employees and is open to the public.

Westminster Canterbury Reviews by Location