Westminster Christian Academy Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 3, 2017
I have good memories for when I worked there.
Teachers care for their students and their relationship with the kids reflected God in their lives. Good environment!
Westminster has been the perfect job for me
JANITOR (Current Employee) –  800 Maryville Centre Dr, Chesterfield, MO 63017April 14, 2017
I would recommend working at Westminster to anyone. My manager is a great Christian man who truly loves the Lord and it makes working under him a truly fantastic experience. I work on saturdays and have various responsibilities from greeting customers renting the facilities to making sure all the doors are locked up at the end of the night. I have enjoyed receiving more personal responsibilities over time. It's nice to be able manage my own work. I enjoy interactions at work, but my favorite time is spent alone in reflection while I am working on various tasks.
Pros
alone time and self management.
Cons
not challenging enough, I want a job that will force me to grow!!
Excellent high school in St. Louis
Science Teacher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 15, 2017
The school is academically rigorous but a very good learning environment with dedicated teachers and sound leadership. The school also boast very good athletics and extracurricular opportunities.
Pros
Supportive faculty
Cons
Hard work
Great people and loving christian work environment
Grounds Crew Maintenance Staff (Former Employee) –  MissouriFebruary 8, 2017
- Early start in the morning each day, but provided time in late afternoon/evening for family.
- Allowed for growth in the christian faith.
- Caring management open to new ideas where applicable.
- Hardest part of the job was the early start time for this night owl!
Excellent place to work
Teacher/Coach (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LADecember 29, 2016
The faculty and staff were great at making you feel like you were family. Its just the salary was not enough for me.
The faculty is very accommodating with the athletic department.
Pros
Excellent work atmosphere
Cons
Benefits could have been better.
Unrealized Potential
Head of School (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 26, 2016
WCA is a wholly owned ministry of Bay Area Presbyterian Church. It is governed by a board that does not recognize its correct role or function. The school has been devastated multiple times by the poor decision making of its board and the church's leadership. The school is vulnerable to the political machinations and actions of individuals within the organization.
Pros
Working with children and their families
Cons
Board-created and perpetuated weak structure, overly political environment
Great school
Teacher, PE Director and Administrative staff (Former Employee) –  Watkinsville, GAMay 21, 2016
Its a great school getting better with new leadership. Their primary focus is on caring for and developing strong women and men and such a focus produces great academic results as well as happy and grateful students.
Maintenance Tech III (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 15, 2016
It was a great work environment. I enjoyed going to work every day. Just working in an enviromoent where your outside lifestyle is judged is a big problem
Loved working at Lafayette Shooters
Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 24, 2015
Truly professional and caring staff and family. Learned a great deal about management, buying products, distribution, etc... I sincerely consider them to be one of the best employers of my working career.
productive and fun place to work
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 25, 2015
Teaching preschool children is such a wonderful job because this is the time were the student are first learners. I love teaching and sharing my knowledge especially to the young ones because they will just accept the information given to them. I believe that sharing the knowledge acquired is the most noble thing that we can do!!!
Pros
enjoyable working environment
Cons
lack of healthcare benefit
Great school. AMAZING staff and teachers
Teacher, Coach and Graphic designer (Current Employee) –  Watkinsville, GaMay 15, 2015
Held P.E. ever other day for 6th, 7th and 8th grades.
Taught Public speaking every other day for 6th, 7th, 8th grades.
Taught yearbook 7th period and worked on design projects for the school until 4ish

Having to create curriculum from scratch and determine/define school goals for these classes without the help of a principle or headmaster (as both had been removed by the board). Defiantly the hardest part.
Pros
Wonderful community of students, teachers and parents
Cons
pay and benifits
High school Key Club Secretary in charge of all club communication
Key Club Secretary (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2015
When I was a sophomore in high school I was asked if I wanted to head-up the school's new Kiwanis Key Club. So for the next two years I was the Key Club's secretary. I was responsible for taking notes at all of our meetings, handling the club's finances, organizing events for us to volunteer at, and all other communication responsibilities fell to me. I love secretarial/communication positions, and this was a fun one to start with in high school. Hardest part was simply planning for the whole group to get together, considering we had 30+ club members' schedules to work around.
Ability to Use Gifts Effectively
EDUCATOR AND COACH (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOApril 17, 2014
Perhaps my greatest strength is taking ideas and communicating those ideas clearly and effectively. Teaching at WCA allowed me to do that as well as to cultivate authentic relationships with students and families. At times, I questioned administrative decisions, which primarily prompted my decision to accept a different position.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement/professional growth
Christian Child Care
Summer Pre School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westminster Christian AcademyJuly 28, 2013
Typical day at work was fun. Never a dull moment. The school is an actual school where the children have a schedule and a curriculum. The teachers and teacher's aids are amazing there. The hardest part of the job was leaving. After a full day I always felt as if I was leaving early. The most enjoyable part of my day was the children. It was a very rewarding job to work in a school where talking about GOD was wanted. Highly recommend
Great Job
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMarch 21, 2013
A typical day at the academy included taking care of little children ages 18 mo to 4 yrs old. Management was great and the environment was excellent as well. My co workers and I worked as a team!
The hardest part of the job was during my last week when I had to say good bye to everyone. There were budget cuts and some of the workers including myself was only able to get 15 hours a week and we needed more. I enjoyed working at this place and could not think of a better job.
Teaching 8-9th graders English
High School English and Literature Teacher (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAJanuary 6, 2013
7:20 arrive on school grounds
7:50 Class begins
Educating students grammar/writing/literature skills for college preparedness
2:45 End of day
Afternoon duty
Pros
2 planning periods
Cons
grading papers until late at night
great morals and values
Office Assistant/Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAApril 17, 2012
Great caring co workers. The morals and values that each co worker carried with them and presented was amazing.
Pros
loving, caring, hard workers
Cons
short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westminster Christian Academy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4