Westminster Christian Academy Employee Reviews in United States

Unrealized Potential
Head of School (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMay 26, 2016
WCA is a wholly owned ministry of Bay Area Presbyterian Church. It is governed by a board that does not recognize its correct role or function. The school has been devastated multiple times by the poor decision making of its board and the church's leadership. The school is vulnerable to the political machinations and actions of individuals within the organization.
Pros
Working with children and their families
Cons
Board-created and perpetuated weak structure, overly political environment
Great school
Teacher, PE Director and Administrative staff (Former Employee) –  Watkinsville, GAMay 21, 2016
Its a great school getting better with new leadership. Their primary focus is on caring for and developing strong women and men and such a focus produces great academic results as well as happy and grateful students.
Maintenance Tech III (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 15, 2016
It was a great work environment. I enjoyed going to work every day. Just working in an enviromoent where your outside lifestyle is judged is a big problem
Loved working at Lafayette Shooters
Physical Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 24, 2015
Truly professional and caring staff and family. Learned a great deal about management, buying products, distribution, etc... I sincerely consider them to be one of the best employers of my working career.
productive and fun place to work
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 25, 2015
Teaching preschool children is such a wonderful job because this is the time were the student are first learners. I love teaching and sharing my knowledge especially to the young ones because they will just accept the information given to them. I believe that sharing the knowledge acquired is the most noble thing that we can do!!!
Pros
enjoyable working environment
Cons
lack of healthcare benefit
Great school. AMAZING staff and teachers
Teacher, Coach and Graphic designer (Current Employee) –  Watkinsville, GaMay 15, 2015
Held P.E. ever other day for 6th, 7th and 8th grades.
Taught Public speaking every other day for 6th, 7th, 8th grades.
Taught yearbook 7th period and worked on design projects for the school until 4ish

Having to create curriculum from scratch and determine/define school goals for these classes without the help of a principle or headmaster (as both had been removed by the board). Defiantly the hardest part.
Pros
Wonderful community of students, teachers and parents
Cons
pay and benifits
High school Key Club Secretary in charge of all club communication
Key Club Secretary (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2015
When I was a sophomore in high school I was asked if I wanted to head-up the school's new Kiwanis Key Club. So for the next two years I was the Key Club's secretary. I was responsible for taking notes at all of our meetings, handling the club's finances, organizing events for us to volunteer at, and all other communication responsibilities fell to me. I love secretarial/communication positions, and this was a fun one to start with in high school. Hardest part was simply planning for the whole group to get together, considering we had 30+ club members' schedules to work around.
Ability to Use Gifts Effectively
EDUCATOR AND COACH (Former Employee) –  Town and Country, MOApril 17, 2014
Perhaps my greatest strength is taking ideas and communicating those ideas clearly and effectively. Teaching at WCA allowed me to do that as well as to cultivate authentic relationships with students and families. At times, I questioned administrative decisions, which primarily prompted my decision to accept a different position.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of opportunity for advancement/professional growth
Amazing place to work
Three year old Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, TexasDecember 6, 2013
I loved every minute of this job except for the gossip among co-workers.
Christian Child Care
Summer Pre School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Westminster Christian AcademyJuly 28, 2013
Typical day at work was fun. Never a dull moment. The school is an actual school where the children have a schedule and a curriculum. The teachers and teacher's aids are amazing there. The hardest part of the job was leaving. After a full day I always felt as if I was leaving early. The most enjoyable part of my day was the children. It was a very rewarding job to work in a school where talking about GOD was wanted. Highly recommend
Great Job
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXMarch 21, 2013
A typical day at the academy included taking care of little children ages 18 mo to 4 yrs old. Management was great and the environment was excellent as well. My co workers and I worked as a team!
The hardest part of the job was during my last week when I had to say good bye to everyone. There were budget cuts and some of the workers including myself was only able to get 15 hours a week and we needed more. I enjoyed working at this place and could not think of a better job.
great morals and values
Office Assistant/Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAApril 17, 2012
Great caring co workers. The morals and values that each co worker carried with them and presented was amazing.
Pros
loving, caring, hard workers
Cons
short hours

4.4