Westminster College Employee Reviews

Good place to work while in school
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 6, 2017
I worked as a TA to a professor in school. It was a good job to get paid while around campus but it definitely didnt pay very well but that is not why you get the job in the first place/
Good job
Library Information Help Desk (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAOctober 7, 2017
Westminster's work study is a great way to work while still in school. It was easy to change where you worked and simple tasks were involved that helped add to a resume.
The Power in Purpose
Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOOctober 6, 2017
Westminster College is one of the highest quality educational institutions in the Midwest. It's a global community nestled in mid-Missouri (where you might not expect to find one). Employees of Westminster College are committed and dedicated to its very worthy mission.
Rewarding depending on position
Arts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jewett CenterAugust 12, 2017
There's a lot of bureaucracy to navigate within Westminster, but once you are able to figure out how to navigate through it, it becomes much easier. As with any academic organization, working with faculty can be frustrating, but once you know how to communicate efficiently with them, everything becomes easier.
Pros
Benefits, tuition remission
Cons
Low pay
Great Culture and Fun People
Development Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alumni & Parent Relations DepartmentAugust 10, 2017
I loved my time working for the Alumni & Parent Relations department at WC. As a graduate of Westminster, I only wish the upper management of Westminster demonstrated their value for our degrees by hiring more graduates.
Pros
great work/life balance, liberal atmosphere, support for continued education
Cons
few opportunities for advancement, low compensation
Alright place to work. Folks can be friendly.
Dean of Students Office Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 22, 2017
Working at this place was OK. As an assistant, my superiors were nice and helpful. Business is slow and lots of free time is allowed which is a pluss
Enjoyable place to work. Good vibes from other individuals who work there.
Coach (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 10, 2017
Enjoyable environment with great students, coaches, professors, and staff members. Great location near multiple ski resorts. Overall Salt Lake City is a great place to live. Westminster College does not provide much room for growth from a professional standpoint.
Excellent benefits, very liberal... No extremely liberal.
Internet Applications Developer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 29, 2017
Great work environment overall. Just pretty liberal (conservatives take note) management in most departments is very good comparatively. As of the time of this writing, the college revenue is financially flat, meaning enrollment is down slightly and budgets are tight, although overall financially stable for the long term.
WC AS Review
Assistant Statistician (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAJune 26, 2017
Being an intern for the Westminster College football statistician crew was a truly rewarding experience. My duties were well defined and I was up to the task come game day.
it was a work study job
Works Study (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAJune 19, 2017
It was minimum wage work study job that just gave me some spending cash for food and entertainment. It was really easy. I just sat there in the weight room and collected id and for games retrieved balls
Fun campus and camp setting to work if you love kids.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAJune 12, 2017
It is definitely tiring coaching kids sports from 8 am to 5 pm, but totally worth it. The pay is good, and the job is benificial if you love to work with kids.
Pros
Free food
Fantastic friendly workplace with good hours
Theatre/Events/Music Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 8, 2017
Colleges in general tend to be good places to work, but Westminster in particular is such a small campus that the jobs and people are very much of a high quality. Work is relatively relaxed, but can pick up at times, making for a good balance that keeps stress at a minimum.
Westminster Collge--Jewel of Sugarhouse
General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 4, 2017
Westminster College is a beautiful campus with open-minded, intellectual faculty, staff, and students. It is a great place to work and to study. As the only liberal arts college in the state of Utah, this school encourages learning and asking questions.
good place to go to school but not so good to work for
Computer Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 27, 2017
HR and other administration are questionable and should not be trusted. What is said is not always what is done, things are always changing for employees and communication is dishonest and lacking.
Pros
cheaper education for employees
Cons
health benefits, communication, Hr, pay
nice work
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MOApril 24, 2017
I learn a lot. it was for my independent study. I used the weather data to since 2007-2017 nd shown how weather in December is changing since last 10 yeats
Technician (Current Employee) –  New Wilmington, PAApril 5, 2017
Working at Westminster was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I made lifelong friends and learned many computer skills. I definitely recommend it.
Excellent school and employment
Intern, LGBT Strengths, Dept. of Psychology (Former Employee) –  Fulton, MOMarch 5, 2017
This school provided numerous opportunities for volunteering, internships, and student employment. The staff is excellent in working with students and are flexible with class schedules and students' needs.
Every day is different
Costume Technician (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 11, 2017
The costume shop in the theater department at Westminster college was an afterthought. As a costume technician, our Costume Shop is in a basement storage room with no windows or even cell phone reception. Working in the theater department is a delight thanks to the people! Being an afterthought to the college itself is definitely a disappointment.
Pros
Fun people.
Cons
No healthcare to PT. No chance of FT because they don't want to pay for benefits.
Fun workplace with a lot of variety
Stage Crew (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PADecember 27, 2016
We only had work to do at certain times of the semester. But when there was a show we had to clear a lot of the stuff out from the wings of the stage and replace it with the props for the new show. Co-workers were great, but some would hardly ever show up, and some would live there. The hardest part was lighting, because the lights would look good from one point of view but dark from another. The most enjoyable part of the job was my eccentric boss.
Pros
Work when you want, through the school
Cons
Minimum wage only, erratic work hours
Research Assistant
Research Assistant, History Department (Former Employee) –  New Wilmington, PADecember 27, 2016
I'm sure this sentiment relies on the profess or department assigned, but the experience was very educational. Working closely with mentor/professor on historical research project. Gives student a taste of professional academic life.

Spent many days in the library. Occasional meetings with mentor to discuss goals and objectives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westminster College. Our community is ready to answer.

Westminster College Reviews by Location