Westminster Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

nice people and friendly work enviorment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 12, 2017
the day starts at around 6 am and runs till 6 pm Monday through Friday with work on Saturdays sometimes and Sundays so there's a lot of hours and responsibility.
Pros
salary, paid vacation, healthcare
Cons
60+ hours a week sometimes with no day off
Challenging to maintain peace and achieve job/work balance
Installed Pastor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 5, 2017
Being a solo pastor is a 24/7 position. Personal time management is essential, and even with that it is very hard to achieve a balance between work and personal life. Individual faith comes in a wide range and many people try to insist that everyone believes as they do in this particular church.
Wonderful people, flexible hours, reasonable management
SECTION LEADER CHOIRISTER (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 3, 2016
Singing in the choir Sunday mornings and Thursday night rehearsals, special performances are known about months in advance

I learned about leading and teaching a section of people to learn new pieces of music. I learned about the importance of listening to others and working together to create a well produced product.

Management has changed three times since I started and all three have been reasonable, professional and understanding people who are willing to work with their employees to help establish a good relationship.

The hardest part of the job is having the confidence to know that you are correct in what you are singing, even when you are learning a new piece of music.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a group of people who are there because they want to create a product that is beautiful and moving to the audience/congregation.
Pros
Wonderful people, flexible hours, reasonable management
Cons
Early Sunday morning and late evening rehearsals
Very energetic, busy church to work which I've enjoyed over the years.
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 21, 2016
There is no typical day because when working at a church you have congregants walking in at any time needing help, counseling, copies, directions, etc. I enjoy each day being different. I have grown to be proficient in Microsoft Office, learned technical aspects of printers, postage machines, etc. I manage our HVAC on a daily basis.

It is a very small staff of about 18 and our "management" is our pastors. They are very gracious. I am a member of the church and will continue attending once I'm able to obtain part-time employment.

The most difficult part of my job is being able to stay on top of our facility calendar and HVAC system. Changes daily. The most enjoyable part of my job are helping the congregants. I have a "here to serve" personality and love to help others.
Pros
covered in review
Cons
covered in review
The congregants are involved in many social activities within the city.
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 17, 2017
Westminster Presbyterian is a large active church. They have service at 8:30 and 11:00 a.m.

The congregation is mostly families and older couples.

My favorite aspect of this church is the music. This church loves to sing. They are constantly singing. Their choir is incredible and sings beautifully.

Finally, the church is really a beautiful building. The sanctuary is really bright and cheerful.
lot of fun experiences
Youth Group Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 9, 2016
i have been with this company for about 15 years and i couldnt be more happy with the experience. it has allowed me to travel to places i would have never dreamed of going. every year, they do a mission trip. the trips have been to places such as Pittsburgh, PA, an East Brunswick, NJ. and every 3 years, they go to a national Presbyterian youth conference at Purdue University in Indiana.
Excellent work atmosphere
Admin. Exec./Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMay 11, 2016
Westminster was an excellent employer and I was surrounded with a premium group of people daily. Although I loved my job and was able to perform my duties well, benefits were never able to be part of my compensation package and I am in need of benefits such as health insurance and a retirement package.
Pros
Excellent work environment, flexible work schedule, fair pay for the area
Cons
Healthcare, Retirement package
Very warm pleasant fast paced environment
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 13, 2016
As I work in an office of a large church, my typical day changes daily. We have to be available for everyone who walks into the office and I could be in the middle of a project but the individual will come first. As I love people contact, this is always one of my most enjoyable aspects of my job. Helping others. I work on formatting many publications throughout my day and week and am responsible for our church database.

Our staff is small so we care about one another and it is an enjoyable place to work. I just am ready to change to a part-time position. The most difficult part of my job is not being able to get everything accomplished in my day that I'd like because of the numerous interruptions throughout the day.
Pros
Too many to list; I guess the giving of grace to each other since it is a church
church setting
Director of Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 6, 2016
working at westminster presbyterian church was good., however the financial secretary gave all of the employees a hard time in all departments
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lack of respect for other employees
A place of high expectations
Director of Christian Education (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2013
I loved working with the people, particularly the children and youth. It is a place of high expectations which makes it hard at times to experiment and allow projects to be where they are the first time around.

Co-workers were good to work with.
Hardest part of the job was meeting expectations, mine and others.
Pros
people, healthcare benefits
Cons
only cost of living raises and not every year.
Difficult and challenging church members
Pastor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 10, 2016
A large variety of work experiences. Some great people. Some difficult. Welcoming to new people. Parishioners want the pastor to do everything without taking responsibility for their own responsibilities. Struggling to accept needed changes for church growth.
Very Fun Place to work and Learn
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAMay 30, 2013
I loved working here during my time, however, they are under new management, so Im not sure how it is now. I had a wonderful Direstor who worked hard and often for the needs of the employees and the students.
Pros
Build new, lasting relationships
Cons
The workplace is small.
Productive workplace
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 27, 2014
Management was awesome and extremely caring with all aspects of their employees. More like family than co-workers
Pros
Caring people.
Cons
Economical lay offs
wonderful minister and congregation
Contracted Consultant (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 11, 2013
This was 4 week contractual assignment that was a hands opportunity for me to share the successful program I earlier implemented for my own employer. It required me to gather data and resources, show a typical program, and train volunteers how to implement. I closed the assignment by helping the leadership of this organization write new polices and procedures. Additionally, I made recommendations for improvement.
Pros
I loved sharing this information and receiving their positive feedback and gratitude
Good
Bible Study Leader (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 3, 2015
Very fun and helped me get the volunteer work that I needed. Helped me learn to interact with people of all different types of races, ages, and ethnicity.
Easygoing and fun experience
NURSERY STAFF (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 14, 2013
Usually, I will go in for three hours per shift and watch about 3 to 4 kids on a week night, or up to 15 kids on a Sunday. There was always at least one other staff member there or more on big attendance days. My manager was very helpful in hours and answering my questions and concerns.
Pros
fun, entertaining, challenging, easygoing
Cons
no breaks, few hours
Fun workplace to play with toddlers
Nursery Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 7, 2014
A part-time Sunday morning position in the nursery room. My one other coworker and I greet families as they enter the room. We supervise and interact with these children while the parents and family attend the church service. Our boss checks in with us weekly and updates us on upcoming events. Very relaxed workplace.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  charlottesville, VAAugust 24, 2015
The staff provides excellent support for volunteers. WPC provides a warm, loving, caring, accepting and welcoming environment.
Interesting And Productive
Audio Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CaApril 18, 2012
A typical work day is very interesting. Due to the fact of receiving the word of God while still pursuing the task given. Meet people weekly. Children trying their best to understand. Controlling microphones as if your in a recording studio.
Real Healthy Work Environment
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 22, 2014
Nice to have people that would help you get the job done, that would train you and excite you to get the job done. A real healthy work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westminster Presbyterian Church. Our community is ready to answer.

Westminster Presbyterian Church Reviews by Location