Westminster Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

Great place, great people
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INNovember 2, 2017
I worked here temporarily and I loved it. Everyone was so nice and patient and caring and really wanted to help people. The preschool is amazing and a great place for kids.
Good Place to Work
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 9, 2017
Wonderful staff and beautiful campus/location. However, as with most churches there is limited opportunity for growth. It would benefit the new employee to have good understanding of the Presbyterian faith.
Pros
Beautiful campus and nice people
Cons
traffic in this area can be very congested
A learning experience
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79762August 15, 2017
Learned all aspects of being a bookkeeper for a church. Also kept the records for a mothers day out program that was run by the church.
Keep up with the financial records and reports that were approved by the membership of the church
Great Place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2017
Great place to work great people. Easy environment to get along in and not hard to work at. I have learned important job skills for my future profession.
great place to work
Preschool Teacher Aide (Former Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAJune 15, 2017
As an intern, I had a great time working for the church that I grew up in. All of the people are very friendly and welcoming. You will certainly not be bored.
Great place to work, bad management
Facilities Staff (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 18, 2017
Loved working here but management was not the best. Kept all the jobs fairly equal between all janitors. Did show some favoritism and was not very good at keeping confidentiality.
Productive & fun work environment.
Nursery Staff (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 18, 2017
Fun place to work at. Very productive always busy and on my feet. Good pay & good hours. The people there are all super nice & I have volunteer parents help me out.
Pros
Good pay
Challenging to maintain peace and achieve job/work balance
Installed Pastor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 5, 2017
Being a solo pastor is a 24/7 position. Personal time management is essential, and even with that it is very hard to achieve a balance between work and personal life. Individual faith comes in a wide range and many people try to insist that everyone believes as they do in this particular church.
nice people and friendly work enviorment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 12, 2017
the day starts at around 6 am and runs till 6 pm Monday through Friday with work on Saturdays sometimes and Sundays so there's a lot of hours and responsibility.
Pros
salary, paid vacation, healthcare
Cons
60+ hours a week sometimes with no day off
The congregants are involved in many social activities within the city.
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 17, 2017
Westminster Presbyterian is a large active church. They have service at 8:30 and 11:00 a.m.

The congregation is mostly families and older couples.

My favorite aspect of this church is the music. This church loves to sing. They are constantly singing. Their choir is incredible and sings beautifully.

Finally, the church is really a beautiful building. The sanctuary is really bright and cheerful.
lot of fun experiences
Youth Group Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 9, 2016
i have been with this company for about 15 years and i couldnt be more happy with the experience. it has allowed me to travel to places i would have never dreamed of going. every year, they do a mission trip. the trips have been to places such as Pittsburgh, PA, an East Brunswick, NJ. and every 3 years, they go to a national Presbyterian youth conference at Purdue University in Indiana.
Wonderful people, flexible hours, reasonable management
SECTION LEADER CHOIRISTER (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 3, 2016
Singing in the choir Sunday mornings and Thursday night rehearsals, special performances are known about months in advance

I learned about leading and teaching a section of people to learn new pieces of music. I learned about the importance of listening to others and working together to create a well produced product.

Management has changed three times since I started and all three have been reasonable, professional and understanding people who are willing to work with their employees to help establish a good relationship.

The hardest part of the job is having the confidence to know that you are correct in what you are singing, even when you are learning a new piece of music.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with a group of people who are there because they want to create a product that is beautiful and moving to the audience/congregation.
Pros
Wonderful people, flexible hours, reasonable management
Cons
Early Sunday morning and late evening rehearsals
Very energetic, busy church to work which I've enjoyed over the years.
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJuly 21, 2016
There is no typical day because when working at a church you have congregants walking in at any time needing help, counseling, copies, directions, etc. I enjoy each day being different. I have grown to be proficient in Microsoft Office, learned technical aspects of printers, postage machines, etc. I manage our HVAC on a daily basis.

It is a very small staff of about 18 and our "management" is our pastors. They are very gracious. I am a member of the church and will continue attending once I'm able to obtain part-time employment.

The most difficult part of my job is being able to stay on top of our facility calendar and HVAC system. Changes daily. The most enjoyable part of my job are helping the congregants. I have a "here to serve" personality and love to help others.
Pros
covered in review
Cons
covered in review
church setting
Director of Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 6, 2016
working at westminster presbyterian church was good., however the financial secretary gave all of the employees a hard time in all departments
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lack of respect for other employees
Excellent work atmosphere
Admin. Exec./Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLMay 11, 2016
Westminster was an excellent employer and I was surrounded with a premium group of people daily. Although I loved my job and was able to perform my duties well, benefits were never able to be part of my compensation package and I am in need of benefits such as health insurance and a retirement package.
Pros
Excellent work environment, flexible work schedule, fair pay for the area
Cons
Healthcare, Retirement package
Very warm pleasant fast paced environment
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 13, 2016
As I work in an office of a large church, my typical day changes daily. We have to be available for everyone who walks into the office and I could be in the middle of a project but the individual will come first. As I love people contact, this is always one of my most enjoyable aspects of my job. Helping others. I work on formatting many publications throughout my day and week and am responsible for our church database.

Our staff is small so we care about one another and it is an enjoyable place to work. I just am ready to change to a part-time position. The most difficult part of my job is not being able to get everything accomplished in my day that I'd like because of the numerous interruptions throughout the day.
Pros
Too many to list; I guess the giving of grace to each other since it is a church
Difficult and challenging church members
Pastor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 10, 2016
A large variety of work experiences. Some great people. Some difficult. Welcoming to new people. Parishioners want the pastor to do everything without taking responsibility for their own responsibilities. Struggling to accept needed changes for church growth.
Good
Bible Study Leader (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 3, 2015
Very fun and helped me get the volunteer work that I needed. Helped me learn to interact with people of all different types of races, ages, and ethnicity.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  charlottesville, VAAugust 24, 2015
The staff provides excellent support for volunteers. WPC provides a warm, loving, caring, accepting and welcoming environment.
na
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 23, 2014
I love my job here. Great church family. Easy going office environment.