Westminster School District Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAMay 14, 2017
Extremely poor management. There is a reason the management works in government. They're not qualified for the real world. The work environment is hostile.
Pros
excessive amount of days off.
Cons
Mangement is inept, Nutrition department is dysfunctional, leadership completely clueless to the fact that staff have no support in them
If you want to work, there is work.
Substitute Teacher and Academy Instructor (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAMarch 30, 2017
The sub coordinator is very good about updating the substitute website for classified and certificate positions. If you are only available for a few hours, they have hourly sub opportunities to help supplement your income. You can choose to accept or reject any position.
Pros
You choose when and where you want to work.
Cons
No work over school holidays.
If you want to work in a low income, Title I school look no further...
Resource Specialist & Instructional Aide I (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAFebruary 2, 2017
I enjoyed working here but the school psychologist or teachers' aides can make or break you as in all teaching positions. One of the lower paid districts and with a high Vietnamese population there are significant cultural and language barriers to deal with at certain schools.
Fun working environment and friendly coworkers
Preschool Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CA 92683October 22, 2016
Morning routine would consist of getting breakfast/morning snack ready and set up for the kids and preparing the rest of the classroom. As children are being dropped off we interact with them, talk, ask questions and making sure they are safe. I've learn many different teaching styles being with the district and I look forward to using them in my future more working with other children in any kind of environment. Talking with parents, problem and evaluating a childs development and behavior happens on a daily basis. Seeing those children smile and have a good time learning outside of their homes is very rewarding.
Working with children to encourage education and good social skills
NOONTIME SUPERVISOR / TRAFFIC CONTROL (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJune 27, 2016
would have continued my employment there but to to relocation had to resign. staff was always in good spirits.
Pros
Working out doors. Great kids and staff.
Cons
Heavy traffic before and after school
love to work with children. Its so nice to be able to give back to the community.
specialized transportation health assistant (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAAugust 9, 2015
Westminster school district is a greatl place to work. I've always wanted to work for a school district. Being able to have time off during the year is a nice bonus. Working with children is such a rewarding experience. Not a day goes by that I don't like my job. Being able to say that I love going to work everyday is a great feeling. There are days that are hard and demanding. that however is the nature of working with special need children.
Pros
time off during the year
Cons
part time position
Great Place!
Staff Secretary-customer (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAMarch 28, 2015
WSD is a great place to work. It's a very fast paced environment, which I love. I also have great co workers and administrators.
Warm and caring work place.
Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CADecember 22, 2014
Everyday I love being at work. I am lucky to have over 600 children who rely on me to take of them when they are sick, injured and upset about something. Within seconds of meeting, I have earned their trust and am able to help them. I have the full support of all my superiors on site. A true team spirit thrives here. The hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of my day while others are still working.
this job was my first step into management
Lunch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westminster CAJune 2, 2014
A typical day at work for me is supervising the day to day operations of the restaurant and seeing to the customers overall satisfaction. In this job I learned customer service skills, to be an effective communicator and to deal with difficult situations as they arise. I enjoy working here because o the interactions with customers and being challenged to do my best on a daily basis.
Pros
free lunch, good pay
Cons
long hours, bad turnaround
Productive and a nice place to work at.
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAMay 26, 2014
A typical day at work is a lot of multi tasking, I work with kids so it is a very fast pace environment. I am always up and running around. I find myself being challenged every minute of the day and I enjoy that. I learned how to multi task. I have to keep it equal, watch the kids, schedule meetings, answering phone calls, speaking with administrators and so fourth. When I Work in the office I do manage 3 co-workers. I handle situations, deal with matters over the telephone or with people who come in. The hardest part of my job would have to be going home, I always feel like there is something I could work on or improve. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am busy all day, multi tasking and being challenged. I enjoy a fast pace environment.
Great job for retired, Moms, and Part-timers. Friendly co-workers and team players.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Westminster, CAMarch 25, 2014
A food Service worker duties included anything from managing the salad bar during lunch time to delivering food carts to various school sites. Everyone was expected to pitch in to meet the goal of serving the children. A newbie can expect some assistance during their learning curb. The management is tough, but warm-hearted, and very knowledgeable of their jobs. Most employees have been with the district for years. I enjoy the relationships and feel like a part of a family while there.
Great place to work.
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CAJuly 11, 2013
I love working as a lead cashier, work very well with kids and their parents when necessary,I learned that I'm able to lead people.
I have learned to multitask as I'm taking care of all the needs of the kitchen I work at with the help of my coworkers.
At this job we have to be certified every 5 years as a food service manager, we take a class for food sanitation and take a test of about 95 questions, I just took the test on june 20 and passed it.

The most fun part of this job is working with children, dealing with teachers and their concerns and being able to supervise people that I love.
Pros
free lunches, working with children
Cons
Sometimes not having enough time to finish the work load.