Westminster Village Employee Reviews in United States

More like Hellminster
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALAugust 3, 2016
DO NOT GO HERE WORK HERE OR BRING YOUR PARENTS HERE. I used to work here and they are very unprofessional every department I worked in the dining room and the mangers are very lazy unprofessional rude and show favoritism. I'm sorry to say if your black you get treated unfairly unlike your white co-workers. The work place is to hot and they still expect you to do your job in those conditions like your a slave basically. You don't get paid enough to deal with the residences and the management bs. No matter how much you do for them they still find someway to complain and they pick on you if you let them. I do not recommend this place to nobody. And I give this place 0 stars but it wouldn't let me post it without selecting one.
Pros
Free lunch but half of the time it wasn't any for the employees or the food was ba.
Cons
EVERYTHING
Healthcare
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, IL 61701May 16, 2016
I took a cut in hours for a better position as to gain experience and eventually be able to further my career options and unfortunately because I did this, healthcare, vision care, dental care, gym membership were no longer available to me. Only thing I have disliked, besides that I've had amazing co-workers and bosses and the most enjoyable part is showing love and compassion for residents and meeting their families and showing them how well their family is cared for.
Professional Staff
PTA PRN (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INMay 17, 2016
As a PRN PTA, the Westminster rehabilitation staff allows a PRN staff member to quickly assimilate into the working environment with excellent progress and daily notes, to provide a consistent and transparent quality of care for each resident.

The staff is professional and have an excellent working knowledge of all pathologies associated with geriatric care.
kja• Demonstrated proficiency in taking vitals
CNA (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 31, 2016
bgghx• Demonstrated proficiency in taking vitals
• Assisted residents with ADL’s, feeding, ROM exercises, monitoring vitals and reporting abnormalities
• Displayed a positive and professional attitude to all residents and families at all times
Excellent management!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 9, 2016
Very impressive place to work There is a genuine love of caring for residents. A happy loving environment I would love to be a resident!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Parking for employees is far away
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INApril 11, 2016
Was a great place to work with great people. The pay was good along with the hours. would recommend this job to someone else
Average
Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 26, 2014
Former dietary aide. Everyone in the kitchen are hateful, and you never know when someone will yell at you or treat you like you are subhuman. Working in the kitchen is as bad as being a bar tender. Very rough, very stressful. Management schedules the employees incorrectly, leaving days where there is no help. The pay is minimal and not competitive. The residents are very nice, and they honestly care about the residents, but the employees, not so much. You have to join the union, and they do nothing for you. Other than giving you full time hours and some benefits, they are not the greatest place to work for.
Pros
full time hours
Cons
pay rate is bad
Productive workplace
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 14, 2015
A typical day at WV in dietary services: your shift starts and you make room trays then serve meals to your residents. You bus tables and reset. If you're on the evening shift you do snacks. The co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is losing residents. The most enjoyable part of the job is the look on a resident's face when you do something nice for them.
Pros
Understanding supervisors
Cons
No evening breaks, lost due to others
Great place to work for!!!
L.P.N. (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 6, 2015
Very passionate D.O.N. with management system who will assist and help any time. Great atmosphere and education provided throughout the year. Very responsive staff!!!
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 26, 2013
I assisted residents with daily living tasks. I learned a lot of skills on the job. We were able to have good communication with the management and nursing staff.

Management did their job and kept this a safe and professional workplace. Co-workers were really great people and helpful too.

The hardest part of the job for me was having personal issues in my life at the time. This made it hard to concentrate on work and eventually prompted me to give notice and move out of the area.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working here. I truly loved Westminster Village. It quickly felt like a large family. Working with the residents was rewarding and the work environment was wonderful. It is hard to find a place where you work hard and have fun too.
Pros
great environment, wonderful people, good management, helping residents
Cons
the dot system makes it hard for those with other responsibilities.
Enjoyable place to work.
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 14, 2016
Everyone is nice and helpful. I work in the floor care area therefore I clean all types of flooring and some restrooms and collect soiled linens.
Interactive hands on management. Unionized.
Floorcare (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 5, 2011
Non-for-profit organization. Leadership is poor but they work the floor instead of the desk, pay is mediocre. Overall workplace is light hearted and caring. Always something to do, never boring. Employee appreciation dinners, game days etc. Not a bad place to work if you can handle office politics. Union is there but not very strong.
Pros
sense of satisfaction for helping the elderly., not for profit, benefits, set schedules
Cons
rarely promote from within., office politics are brutal.
Fun wokplace
dietary aid (Former Employee) –  clarksville inSeptember 29, 2015
It was a good environment to work in, but the pay was not very good at all. The managers were never really around, you just had to be responsible and do what needed to be done and everything was fine. I enjoyed the residents more than the employees.
Pros
free food/good people
Cons
bad pay
Assisted Living care
Personal Assistant - Assisted Living Wing (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 11, 2014
I worked 3-9:30 p.m. shift three days per week and every other weekend. I learned how to fit in all the duties required, and have time to visit with the residents, during my shift. Also medication management, dealing with different personalities, and dealing with the unexpected.

Hardest part was being on my feet for so many hours, but the most enjoyable was interacting with the residents. So many delightful people!

Typical day was filled with long hallways to constantly travel (with no time to waste), seeing that meds were given on time, carried trays in dining room for residents, bussed tables after dining room was empty, and cleared/stacked dishes (which someone else took to main kitchen to dishwasher), vacuumed. Some laundry, helping with showers and dressing. Getting emergency help when needed.
Pros
the wonderful residents and their stories.
Cons
time standing/walking during shift, low pay.
All I Can Say Is Wow
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INApril 11, 2015
This place was really ridiculous. The residents had a rash and the workers were getting it and management tried to tell the workers that it was something else that wasn't contagious. They tried to over work you and yes they offered bonuses for that but, when you get your check you don't see it, because they didn't add it on there, they still owe me money.
fun place
server II (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, INJanuary 2, 2013
went in at 5:30 am started snack lists for the day, after completed i started getting things ready for breakfast, such as hot choc, turning the steam tables on, setting up the dining room with the coffe cups and saucers, water glasses, silverware...then we would take menu orders, serve food, buss tables then clean up kitchen, take out trash, do breakfast dishes in dishwasher, then prepare to start set up for lunch. the management was always willing to help with tasks when needed. at first the hardest part of job was getting everything timed right, but once you've done several times, it comes easier.
The most enjoyable part was the interaction between the servers and the residents, loved to converse with them, getting to know them and feeling like an important part of their lives.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
good place to work
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INJune 1, 2015
good place to work. Awesome co workers. Poor Dietary assistant management, does poor with scheduling and communication.
Westminster Village
Server (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INJuly 11, 2013
A typical day at work when I was there would be taking clients orders for there dinner and basically giving them everything that they ordered including food, drinks, and desserts. I learned that you shouldn't really get close to clients. The management was fine they had there moments but they were okay. My co-workers worked as a team even if they were behind on their own work. The hardest part of the job would be making sure you don't make a mistake and give the clients everything that they asked for the first time they ask. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing there stories.
Not what it seems
Staff Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Terre HauteMarch 1, 2012
Westminster Village presents as a place you would love to work; however, it is not what it seems. I was employed there as a nurse for 2 months. My employment ended when I became ill, I spent 5 days in the hospital and 3 of those days where in ICU. Westminster Village gave me the option of resigning or being terminated, claiming that they have no personal leave policy which would cover my illness. Each individual I spoke with had a little different turn to their story. Proceed with caution if you apply there.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no job security!
Residents were amazing
Village Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INAugust 14, 2015
I worked as the receptionist.....I had zero staff contact due to only working Saturday and Sunday. The offices were closed on the weekends. The residents were amazing! I always enjoyed helping them out if needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westminster Village. Our community is ready to answer.