Westminster Village Employee Reviews

Ok place to work
Charge Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INJune 6, 2017
If you enjoy long term care, this is a good place to work the current DON is awesome just a lot of fixing left to do from previous leadership shortfalls
Cons
Family benefits, call ins
Excellent Place to Work with a great atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 22, 2017
I love working here. Everyone feelings like family. But, of course are are always that handful of people, that are so difficult to work with. Otherwise, management is great and are really open.
Stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INApril 15, 2017
Working at Westminster you got to interact with the residents which was great. The work environment however was very stressful and drama filled. It wasn't a place that one would want to make a career out of do to the poor work environment.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor Work Environment
Very positive work place with great standards and values
Admissions and Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PA 18109April 13, 2017
Love working here, great place. Wonderful employees, caring management staff, and good benefits. Very mission driven with person centered care and a home-like feel.
When management doesn't care, neither do employees.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INApril 12, 2017
My experience here started out nice. Just moved to Terre Haute, for school so i didn't know anyone. Most of the employees were nice and accepting of me. After i started on the floor by myself i realized how short staffed we were and they expected us to work and complete all of our tasks, showers, meals, charting, etc. There was no way possible, with the amount of call lights and only 2 aids it was extremely stressful. When someone would call in, it was almost impossible to cover shifts because noone wanted to come in on their only day off. After i started working there i went to talk to the scheduler and she said, that all CNA's were on 12 hours of mandatory overtime, which i was not told when i was hired.
Pros
free snacks, some nurses were helpful
Cons
working environment, management, staffing shortage, not being able to give the residents the time and compassion that they are paying for
Trust only your GUT
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 5, 2017
Once you are employed, you see the nice & helpful side of everyone. Get to know your Employee Handbook and PSL rules!
The receptionist job was simple, but HIPPA complicated everything...You had to read minds to get current information when you are Part-Time!
Pros
friendly faces at first
Cons
once you break one rule, you are harrassed until you get fired!
ok
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 31, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Management is there to listen to the employees. They do also like to do little things to help keep the staff happy. The employees are all willing to help each other out to help improve patient care. There are a few employees that have been employed 20 plus years.
Very Nice facility to work
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 23, 2017
The hardest part of the job, was being let go due to strict attendance policies within your first 90 days. Although I had no prior infractions, I was still let go, even though I had scheduled time off due to an emergency procedure. That was the only thing I thought was unfair. Other than that I loved my job, loved my residents and my fellow employees who really trained me thoroughly to the point when I was finally on my own, it was a slice of cake getting through the shift. The pay was great as well.
Residents were the best to cook for
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 26, 2017
it was a great fun place, the day start with daily production meeting
food prep begin, catering function for the day are review,
ordering, checking in product, cooking, greeting our residents,
making sure they re happy with their service, food
Pros
resdients
Cons
present management
Fun place to work. Staff is caring.
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALAugust 24, 2016
Working at Westministrr has been a joy. I've held many different positions from Medcart nurse, restorative, wound care , House supervisor, Staff nurse and Interim DON. The entire staff works as a team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Busy busy busy
More like Hellminster
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALAugust 3, 2016
DO NOT GO HERE WORK HERE OR BRING YOUR PARENTS HERE. I used to work here and they are very unprofessional every department I worked in the dining room and the mangers are very lazy unprofessional rude and show favoritism. I'm sorry to say if your black you get treated unfairly unlike your white co-workers. The work place is to hot and they still expect you to do your job in those conditions like your a slave basically. You don't get paid enough to deal with the residences and the management bs. No matter how much you do for them they still find someway to complain and they pick on you if you let them. I do not recommend this place to nobody. And I give this place 0 stars but it wouldn't let me post it without selecting one.
Pros
Free lunch but half of the time it wasn't any for the employees or the food was ba.
Excellent management!
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 9, 2016
Very impressive place to work There is a genuine love of caring for residents. A happy loving environment I would love to be a resident!
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Parking for employees is far away
kja• Demonstrated proficiency in taking vitals
CNA (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 31, 2016
bgghx• Demonstrated proficiency in taking vitals
• Assisted residents with ADL’s, feeding, ROM exercises, monitoring vitals and reporting abnormalities
• Displayed a positive and professional attitude to all residents and families at all times
Professional Staff
PTA PRN (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, INMay 17, 2016
As a PRN PTA, the Westminster rehabilitation staff allows a PRN staff member to quickly assimilate into the working environment with excellent progress and daily notes, to provide a consistent and transparent quality of care for each resident.

The staff is professional and have an excellent working knowledge of all pathologies associated with geriatric care.
Healthcare
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, IL 61701May 16, 2016
I took a cut in hours for a better position as to gain experience and eventually be able to further my career options and unfortunately because I did this, healthcare, vision care, dental care, gym membership were no longer available to me. Only thing I have disliked, besides that I've had amazing co-workers and bosses and the most enjoyable part is showing love and compassion for residents and meeting their families and showing them how well their family is cared for.
great place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INApril 11, 2016
Was a great place to work with great people. The pay was good along with the hours. would recommend this job to someone else
Productive and rewarding workplace
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 24, 2016
When I clocked in at the beginning of my shift I would take a room tray cart to the kitchen with me, it would be filled and delivered to each hall with room trays to be served to the residents. The residents who did not get room trays would come to the dinning hall to be served. They were prepared and served meals. After everyone was done and left, we bused tables and cleaned
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyable place to work.
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 14, 2016
Everyone is nice and helpful. I work in the floor care area therefore I clean all types of flooring and some restrooms and collect soiled linens.
Productive workplace
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INDecember 14, 2015
A typical day at WV in dietary services: your shift starts and you make room trays then serve meals to your residents. You bus tables and reset. If you're on the evening shift you do snacks. The co-workers are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is losing residents. The most enjoyable part of the job is the look on a resident's face when you do something nice for them.
Pros
Understanding supervisors
Cons
No evening breaks, lost due to others
Great place to work for!!!
L.P.N. (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 6, 2015
Very passionate D.O.N. with management system who will assist and help any time. Great atmosphere and education provided throughout the year. Very responsive staff!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westminster Village. Our community is ready to answer.