Westminster Village

Westminster Village Employer Reviews

Excellent stuff
CNA (Former Employee), Terre Haute, INJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches, helping others, the smiles, interacton with the resident
Cons: not being able to meet everyones needs.
I have always wanted to work in healthcare. I believe I have one of the most awarding jobs. In healthcare anything can happen, so your always learning something new. The hardest thing about my job is not being able to meet everyones needs.
Typical restaurant kitchen work
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee), west lafayette, inOctober 29, 2014
It was a good place to work and everyone was pretty nice. I learned how a kitchen in a restaurant environment works. Days went by fast on most days probably the most enjoyable part of working there.
Assisted Living care
Personal Assistant - Assisted Living Wing (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: the wonderful residents and their stories.
Cons: time standing/walking during shift, low pay.
I worked 3-9:30 p.m. shift three days per week and every other weekend. I learned how to fit in all the duties required, and have time to visit with the residents, during my shift. Also medication management, dealing with different personalities, and dealing with the unexpected.

Hardest part was being on my feet for so many hours, but the most enjoyable was interacting with the residents. So many delightful people!

Typical day was filled with long hallways to constantly travel (with no time to waste), seeing that meds were given on time, carried trays in dining room for residents, bussed tables after dining room was empty, and cleared/stacked dishes (which someone else took to main kitchen to dishwasher), vacuumed. Some laundry, helping with showers and dressing. Getting emergency help when needed.
Productive and fun workplace
Registered Nurse - Health Center (Former Employee), Dover, DEAugust 9, 2014
Very fun staff and cooperative residents. Learned a lot about delegation of duties to CNA. Learned numerous valuable nursing skills. Hardest part of the job was having 22 residents per nurse and not knowing if you would work short of staff. Most enjoyable part was the funny residents that kept you happy.
Average
Kitchen (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILJuly 26, 2014
Pros: full time hours
Cons: pay rate is bad
Former dietary aide. Everyone in the kitchen are hateful, and you never know when someone will yell at you or treat you like you are subhuman. Working in the kitchen is as bad as being a bar tender. Very rough, very stressful. Management schedules the employees incorrectly, leaving days where there is no help. The pay is minimal and not competitive. The residents are very nice, and they honestly care about the residents, but the employees, not so much. You have to join the union, and they do nothing for you. Other than giving you full time hours and some benefits, they are not the greatest place to work for.
Very good work enviroment, with a lot of positive people
Dietary Aide (Former Employee), Ponca City, OKMay 28, 2014
This job showed me that I had chosen the right path in the fact that I wanted to be a nurse. I was able to watch how the nurses worked with the resident and it furthered my drive and passion for the nursing career.
Tem Building
Medication and treatment nurse (Former Employee), Scottsdale, ArizonaApril 28, 2014
Pros: variety of assignmnets and modern facility
Cons: high professional turn over
Although not at this company, I sharpened my problem solving skills and leadership skills.
Hospital Setting /Clinic Setting
CHARGE NURSE (Current Employee), Indianapolis, IN.April 27, 2014
Wishard Hospital is a great place to work. The hospital will help you advance in your career. I loved working with the general population.
Caring company
Accountant (Current Employee), West Lafayette, INFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: team work.
Westminster Village West Lafayette is a great company to work for where taking care of our clients is the top priority.
Every day consist of interacting with residents of the facility and sharing with all.
fine
Maintenance Mechanic / HVAC (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJanuary 29, 2014
fine work place to work at and employees are nice and respectful..
Disappointment to employees
Registered Nurse - Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Terre Haute, IndianaJanuary 24, 2014
Westminster Village was a disappointing experience. The do not value the employee or their family life. They see things their way and their way only. They are not employee friendly and benefits are not good. Disappointment!
Productive job and very service minded to their customers
Concierge (Former Employee), West Lafayette, INJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: positive atmosphere; team oriented; supportive
Cons: part-time; hours are limited; no benefits
I enjoy working for this facility and welcome the personal customer service experiences daily. It is a very rewarding experience and the customers are very appreciative of your daily efforts. The staff are very professional and service minded and make themselves available when support is needed. It is a great place to work!
it was a nice joib
Cook/Server (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 26, 2013
Pros: nice job
I prepared food for the residents. I learned some people skills.
The management was good. Coworkers where friendly. It was hard when the was not enough food prepared.Working with the staff
What a joke of a job
Dietary (Former Employee), Bloomington ILDecember 13, 2013
Cons: everything
You have to join a union that everyone hates and has tried to get rid of numerous times, so after deducting your union fees it leaves you making under the minimum wage. The hours are horrible and change without notice. You are constantly being asked to work double shifts and do jobs that are not part of your job description. Helping out in another area is one thing but doing it each day for several hours is just a sign that the operation lacks direction and is under staffed. Save yourself the aggravation skip this place! There was not a happy person to be found but the residents were very nice.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILOctober 26, 2013
Pros: great environment, wonderful people, good management, helping residents
Cons: the dot system makes it hard for those with other responsibilities.
I assisted residents with daily living tasks. I learned a lot of skills on the job. We were able to have good communication with the management and nursing staff.

Management did their job and kept this a safe and professional workplace. Co-workers were really great people and helpful too.

The hardest part of the job for me was having personal issues in my life at the time. This made it hard to concentrate on work and eventually prompted me to give notice and move out of the area.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working here. I truly loved Westminster Village. It quickly felt like a large family. Working with the residents was rewarding and the work environment was wonderful. It is hard to find a place where you work hard and have fun too.
I loved my job and loved taking care of the residents
Cook (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILSeptember 27, 2013
I would clock in at 9:00am and would take over from the breakfast/lunch cook and complete anything that was left to do for lunch. Served lunch at 12:00pm, then clean up and start on dinner. Dinner was served in two seatings one at 4:30 & one at 6:00pm. There were 2 cook's working on each meal one for main dinning room and one for health center.After serving 6:00pm seating we would clean off steam line and go home at 7:00pm.
why is this necessary
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 16, 2013
Pros: free lunch when the kitchen remembers to put it out...
Cons: punative management
Tell us about:

a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job

DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
An okay place to work...
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILAugust 11, 2013
Pros: ok pay!
Pay is suboptimal but ok. Scheduling is not always fair. And management could stand to be more active.
Westminster Village
Server (Former Employee), Clarksville, INJuly 11, 2013
A typical day at work when I was there would be taking clients orders for there dinner and basically giving them everything that they ordered including food, drinks, and desserts. I learned that you shouldn't really get close to clients. The management was fine they had there moments but they were okay. My co-workers worked as a team even if they were behind on their own work. The hardest part of the job would be making sure you don't make a mistake and give the clients everything that they asked for the first time they ask. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing there stories.
Team environment
Presbyterian Senior Living (Former Employee), Allentown, PAMay 28, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: short staffing
Teamwork and tutelage from excellent nurses helped to develop what I consider to be excellent nursing skills!