Westmoreland Coal Company Employee Reviews

Excellent
Intern (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 7, 2017
Westmoreland Coal is a company I would work for again, they treated their interns with great respect and trust. All engineers on site were welcoming of questions and sharing industry advice.

Overall, Westmoreland Coal is a great company to get involved in as an intern or professional job .
N/a
Human Resource Generalist (Short-term contract) (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 21, 2016
I was with this company for only a month. It was a good learning experience but I did not get a lot done due to the amount of crazy things happening in the work place.
Not a good place to waste your time
Parts runner (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHOctober 31, 2015
It's a good place to work but there management,that's a matter of opinion. After working for them for almost 4 yrs they laid me off with only 1 hr. notice. That was not right, now over 60 looking for work is a struggle.What goes around comes around.I hope they shut all the mines down an the employees will know what's it's like looking for a good paying job when your age is against you.Westmoreland in my book,has insufficient management, your treated like a number,not a human
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Your just a #
good
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Cadiz, OHSeptember 7, 2015
this company did the best that they could in a very difficult time in the coal industry . their safety and maintainance programs were excellent
Sometimes jobs are scarce.
Electronic Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Tams, WVJuly 30, 2015
I had to drive 60 miles one way to get to my job. In the wintertime I often had to break the snow for the snowplow in the early morning. I sometimes had to put snow chains on and off my car 2 time before I got to work. I had all day to think about the drive home in the evening and sometimes the road would be just as bad.
Coal Company
CLERK III/ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Big Stone Gap, VAJanuary 23, 2014
Administration
Learned great deal about coal industry
Co workers were great