Westmoreland Hospital Employee Reviews

dishonest
rescinded (Former Employee) –  rescindedMay 25, 2017
They offer you a job and then rescind it after a week, would not trust them. I count it as a blessing, I've heard other horror stories about things like this at this hospital since having this happen. Think twice about working here!
Pros
its work
Cons
dishonest, not safe
A teaching hospital with excellent opportunities for new nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PADecember 4, 2016
This was my first nursing job after graduating from a 4-year nursing program. Working on a medical-surgical unit gave me a rich experience and variety of skills.
Productive workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PASeptember 16, 2016
A good place work and nice coworkers to make the day go faster and easier. You did not receive a paid lunch, but were required to leave the floor for your lunch.
fast paced home health care
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PANovember 8, 2015
Experienced healthcare in a different environment, uncontrolled and separate from the hospital. Provided care through critical thinking and post hospital visit. I empowered patients and families to treat and more importanly prevent wounds, skin breakdown, central lines , IV medications and preventing re-hospitalizations.
Pros
Within the home, the patient felt empowered and in control of their health.
Cons
Noncompliance of patient care, leading to rehosptalization.
Horrible managment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PASeptember 26, 2014
There is no union and they will get rid of you if they want to. Ive learned as this being my first job you cant get to close to your co-workers and I was fired due to my medical issues.
Stressful enviroment
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJanuary 16, 2014
I am glad I am gone. My co-workers were very nice and I made a lot of friends.
Excellent care of patient and worker.
RN (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 4, 2013
An excellent place to work. You can learn a lot especially with the education department. All units are specialized and care is excellent. Co-workers are good. The hardest part of the job is meeting new people and enjoyable is the same.
Pros
advanced equipment, education.
Cons
phone calls to operator take long.
It was a structured environment where patient contact was encouraged between daily duties
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Comprehensive Counselling CenterJuly 18, 2012
I liked the interaction of the staff to the clients. It was usually honest and caring with the client always coming first. My duties were to get report and check on the safety of the clients and get VS and report findings to RN. We then assisted with ADL's when needed and encouraged participation in scheduled group activities. On off times we weere encouraged to spend time with the clients, provide safety and look for trends or changes in behaviors. I learned that when the clients felt secure that the incidence of acting out was much lower and by listening to the client and let them relate their feelings helped them to deal with some of their problems. The hardest part of my job was to restrain someone who was not in control and might be a threat to himself or others and that he was really more frightened and trying to protect himself than he was really trying to intentionally hurt someone. My co-workers, other techs and RN's were always there quickly if anyone needed help and were supportive when you were having bad day or needed a helping hand or gave you insite into a situation. the part I liked most of my job was seing someone leave the hospital and be happy with who they are and that they had a place to seek help when thy needed it.
Pros
staff, location, sense of well being after work
Cons
sometimes three different shifts per week