Westrock Employee Reviews

Great stable employer, nice salary and benefits.
Printing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2017
This is a good company to work for with great benefits and chances to move up. A competitive salary for this type of industry. Safety is number one throughout the company. Management is very interested in their employee's well being.
Pros
Steady work
good money, too many hours
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MoDecember 7, 2017
Good place to work if you can work 60+ hours every week. Constant power struggle in management gets old but pretty good people all in all. I would recommend it to anyone who is wanting to make good money and doesn't car how many hours and what shift they work.
Pros
pay
Cons
work/life balance
Never enough
Manufacturing Technology and Systems Manager (Former Employee) –  Slatersville, RIDecember 7, 2017
Run at all cost, management would not back you up and they would not appreciate all the work done. The staff is cut to the bone and they keep adding new systems with out getting more help.
Politics overrules company culture
SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 7, 2017
I was hired as a database developer for the Recycling division. After being there for only 2 month, the manager that hired me was fired after 10 years of service. IT in the Recycling division did not follow normal IT procedures. There were no formal documentation, source code control or requirements. The requirements were given by email and always stress the urgency for it. Once you complete the requirement and contact the business to test then there were no urgency. They will test your program months or weeks later. Half the time they will forget what they ask for. The company follows a Good Ol Boy system where kissing the right person's behind will get you ahead. I would not recommend this company unless you plan to have no life and desire to be cut throat. I was given good review when I started and within month they stated all non factual negative criticism about my work ethics.
Pros
GREAT Pay
Cons
Politics, Bureaucracy, and Good Ol Boy system.
the company
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, INDecember 5, 2017
I really liked working for this company. I got hurt and was out of work and my short term ran out, so they had to let me go. They did tell me i could reapply when i was better
Pros
the people
Cons
lack of communication
Shipping Utility (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 3, 2017
Company was good to work for money per hour, benefits, and vacation time. I enjoyed my time there. Not always a good day there due to lack of teamwork.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Employees dont work together. Always have to watch your back.
it was great for over time
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Marion, NCDecember 3, 2017
the pay was good training program has some bugs that are curtly being worked on management is ok never really talked to them work place is good as long as you go and do your job
Cons
trianing not good
Productive and Fun
GA (Former Employee) –  Winfield, KSNovember 29, 2017
This job was a fun yet productive work environment. I loved going into work everyday knowing that nothing was going to really go wrong. I went into work everyday with a smile on my face ready to get to work.
good place to work at
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  North Chicago, ILNovember 27, 2017
good place to work at.i learned about machinery.management was very nice.work culture was good and getting to do something different every time.the hard part of the job was to many hours to work. the most enjoyable part of the job was when the machine did not give you any problems.
Pros
gifts
Cons
to much overtime
If you like hearing how its your fault for every issue then this is for you.
Operational Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 18, 2017
What can I say, supervisors would have favorites and allow them to run amok while constantly say its your fault for all the issues they cause.

Employees would do whatever they want or just not run at all and not face any repercussions.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with people.supervisor does not back you on any issues that arise. good luck trying to accomplish anything.

enjoyable part was leaving at the end of the day.
Pros
a job?
Cons
poor management, constantly trying to avoid confrontations while letting employees run the departments.

Want to know more about Westrock?

Ask a question
Not as family friendly as claimed.
Senior Plant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sheldon Springs, VTNovember 16, 2017
None given. I wouldn't want to recommend that anyone I like work here. I have a dire family situation and, while the mill's staff are overwhelmingly trying to help, corporate is not.
Culture Shift
Manager (Current Employee) –  MPSNovember 16, 2017
Through acquisitions, the company is experiencing culture shifts. Creativity is becoming stifled and a more command and control centralized culture is taking its place.
Pros
Wonderful People and Leadership
Cons
Loosing the culture to an acquisitioned culture.
Good job if you do not have a family.
Shipping, Hogger/Baler (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALNovember 14, 2017
When hired I was informed that the job is 8 hours a day Monday through Friday occasionally working a weekend. After having worked for this company, I learned that you have to work until the next shift decides to come relieve you from your post (which is not always 8 hours) and you occasionally received a weekend off. Only certain individuals are held accountable for their actions. Example: Some employees can come to work late every single day and no one says anything to them about it. On the other hand another employee shows up late to work on occasions with proof that they could not avoid doing so and be reprimanded for it.
Pros
Free lunch every Friday
Cons
short breaks, favoritsm
Westrock employment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNNovember 13, 2017
I would not recommend this work place to anyone. this was the worst job I have ever worked. Management was sorry and fellow employees were not out to help you. The turnover rate unreal due to the way this place is run.
Pros
Cons
everything
WestRock Review
Business Resource Manager/Packaging Engineer (Current Employee) –  Camillus, NYNovember 10, 2017
WestRock is a fun place to work but it really does matter where. I work in the Camillus, NY location and love it because of all the money that the company has put into this location alone. The only negative is age range in employees. There are not many young employees here. Other plants have a much better age difference but then their plant may not have money put into it to make it run better and smoother. If looking for a position at WestRock, I would highly suggest looking at these two things for the exact location you may work at.
Pros
Amazing Benefits
Cons
Age difference in employees
unappreciative
Plant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IANovember 9, 2017
Expectation is 12 - 16 hours per day 7 days a week with no extra compensation.
Talk about fairness, Safety and work/life balance but do not follow what is said.
Pros
always workavailable
Cons
sweat shop from top of organization downentality from
I enjoyed working at WestRock
Planning/scheduling Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALNovember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at WestRock. I learned so much in my time there. WestRock really cares about their employees. If given the chance to work for WestRock again, I would definitely do so.
Dont plan on having a life
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MONovember 5, 2017
Be ready for mandatory 6 day work week and some 12 hour shifts. The pay is OK but benefits are terrible. The benefits are terrible i hope you don't get sick or have health issues.
Pros
Pay, Getting paid every week
Cons
benefits, breaks
Nice place to work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCNovember 2, 2017
I have worked here 3 different times it’s like home to me. Work pace is laid back and friendly. If you need help you get it. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Training and safety are a Priority
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Hard to get day shift
Was a nice place to work.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 2, 2017
Miss working at Westrock enjoyed everything about my job and coworking. Management was good learned a lot from manager.The part was that the job ended to soon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westrock. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9