Westside Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

understaffed all the time. low pay in comparison to other hospitals.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLNovember 28, 2017
understaff all the time, gets floated midshift even when you work as per diem. no help in the unit.management does not care that rns are too overwhelmed with the work.reason i left the hospital.
Pros
lots of good nurses working despite conditions
Cons
no breaks, no help. feel you are all alone.
What I learned working here
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 30, 2017
No help here, no techs. As nurses we are made to do everything here: all tech work, rn for and transport. Unfair pay. Management is too clique-like. Management does not care if they run you ragged.
Productive and comfortable place to work
Supply Chain Technician (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 29, 2017
Work environment is good and everyone seems like family. Great place to grow and learn. Great benefits and a lot of opportunity to move to the next level.
A typical day
Human Resources Generalist II (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 2, 2017
My manager was very rude and not compassionate. The company had a great work environment and they cared about their employees. They did a lot for the employees like a free surf and turf meal for Christmas.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Management not warm
Overall
ER Staff (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 3, 2017
This is a great place to work. Nurses and management are good people, like family. It is a pleasure to serve my community via this hospital. I believe we make a big difference.
Pros
Great staff. A benefit to the community.
Cons
It gets busy! Bring good sneakers.
Fast paced environment
Endoscopy Technician/Secretary/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 26, 2017
Working at Westside Regional(Endoscopy Unit) was fast, fun and exciting. Although I was a Endo Technician the nurses that I worked under willingly treated and nursed me with the correct and accurate techniques of working with the doctors and providing care to the patients,
Pros
Team players
Busy ER.
Registered Nurse Emergency Dept (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 22, 2017
Not much of staff support. We didn't have techs at night. We were often short staff. The charge nurse was not a good resource for the rest of the staff.
Great team environment
Director of Information Services and Telecom (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 26, 2017
Westside is a great team environment. In my 20 years in varied positions at Westside, it was a positive experience and provided me the opportunity for growth within our division organization.
Extremely Busy ER
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 22, 2017
My days as Charge Nurse at Westside Regional were extremely busy and often unrecognized .The acuity in the Er was extremely unsafe for the nurses and management didn't seem to care. The Physicians were extremely talented and caring.
Pros
Lots of OT
Cons
Short Breaks if any
Co workers felt like family
Clinical Implementation Specialist/OR Liaison (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 4, 2017
Working at Westside i learned many things, I've grown and have found my passion working in the operating room. Helping and Healing patients and loved ones is my calling.

Want to know more about Westside Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question
It is a great place to work.
PCA (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 13, 2017
The most important part of the job is when you see you helping the sick residents to feel better and to enjoy their stayed during their difficult time at the hospital.
Pros
Holidays free foods.
Cons
Nothing to much to handle, it was a team effort.
Fun place.
Volunteer (summer) (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Just came in and help the patients and helped the nurses. Learned a lot about the medical field. Management was ok as well as workers. There was no hard part about the job and no benefits.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunch
Cons
No benifits
n/a
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 3, 2017
It was a wonderful experience. Co- workers were cooperative. The most enjoyable part of the job was patient satisfaction and team work.
Great learning experience
ONCOLOGY VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 15, 2016
A typical day would be passing ice and water to all the patients on the fourth floor. As patients turned on their call light, i would help them with their needs. If nurses needed help with taking their patients to dialysis, i would go with the nurse. Then the secretary/head nurse would have various asks for me to complete such as updating patient information in the computer and putting information in the binders. I would also update the nurses shift board.
Inclusive, Quality Care, Patient Centered Advocacy, Forwars Thinking
Supervisor, HCA (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLNovember 19, 2015
As a Supervisor my Director allows for a good amount of autonomy. Programs instituted at WRMC have had a significant impact on the community we serve such a Chest Pain Center, Stroke Center, added a new Neuro unit as well as one of the highest ranking ERs in the system for response, HCCAPS and depth of care.
Pros
HCA afiliate, economy of scale including resources and industry leader.
Good
RN CVICU (Former Employee) –  PLANTATION ,FLAugust 29, 2015
My main priority in a day at work is time management.The way I organize my work , my day impacts greatly the time I put aside for interactions with my patients beside providing good quality nursing care. Leave the floor knowing that in my 12-hr shift , I was able to make a difference in the life of at least one of my patient and working as a team to solve a difficult situation that we may encounter is for me the most enjoyable part of the nursing job,
WOCN (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 24, 2015
Great place to work. Management is supportive. Kind of place where people are friendly. Great place to grow personally and professionally.
Flexible work schedule
Cardiovascular stepdown (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 6, 2015
Assess patient, plan and coordinate care.
Team work and customer satisfaction.
Co-workers are helpful and hard working.
Most satisfying part of the job is when patient and/or family
member appreciate the care.
Excelent place to work and great leadership team.
Director Case Management/Utilization Review (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 27, 2015
A great place to work.
Many process improvements at all levels of the organization.
Family like atmosphere.
Excellent leaders committed to patient/family centered care.
Professional co-workers
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions with patients/families and staff.
Pros
Professional atmosphere
Cons
Multiple projects going on at the same time decreasing time with patients and staff
staff is helpful
Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 4, 2014
At Westside we are exposed to a great variety of all specialities. I find staff to be very helpful with each other when you ask for help.