Westward Seafoods Inc. Employee Reviews

Loved working here!
PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKJuly 16, 2017
the job was easy and fun! Made very good money! long hours but it went by so fast, the company is also amazing! && being in Alaska was just so beautiful! I would love to go back.
was not very fun to work at
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKJune 27, 2017
Did not have a good experience, management was not nice, very rude, also environment was very bad. Had to fly there, the hours were good as well as the money, but everything else not good.
The Real Truth About the company
Processor (Former Employee) –  AlaskaMay 28, 2017
listen this is the truth i will be very honest with you

Work level : not hard dont believe when people say its hard work its not really that hard its simple jobs but only hard part is dealing with people over you sometimes and the long hours { if you get the hours)

pay: not good if you live in the us.. sometimes no work but even if you do work its most of the time its 12 hours and your basically getting 600$ a week for 84 hours u might get alittle more you might get alittle less depending on the situation... its always slow at some points to... over time for a season happpens but only for like a month and most of the times you cant do it every day because they got groups....b season no over time its get slow half of the season

i personally got 5.5k for almost 4 months i even did alot of over time as well ... most people got 5-6k for the season which pretty low

side note: dont think you just gonna save all your money because its gonna be some ways where u gonna spend money sometimes too as well most people dont even up with much

management: sometimes good sometimes bad watch out for the lack of communication its terrible at times

food: not that good

Cheapness: they give you cheap stuff to go to work with the boots are terrible..

overall this not a good place to work the people who work here for years will tell u lies when you first get there because they loyal to the company... they will complain during the season but for some reason they come back because they feel like they have nowhere else to go or get close to co workers

im not bashing the
  more... company its alright but dishonesty you will get alot of  less
Pros
some good co worker
Cons
lies, pay
Work is there if needed
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKMarch 7, 2017
If you work for westward you'll have ample opportunity to develop skills and excel. If you are a seasonal worker there can be some down time however, you can make money seasonally.
Pros
If full time, free rent, free food, making new friends
Cons
Management needs better communication
job environment that follow regulation and safety
Seafood processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKFebruary 28, 2017
safety conscious and federal and state regulation conscious.
has provided quality control and safety officer in every shift of operation
Good place but definitely not for the faint of of heart
Operator 1. (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKJanuary 24, 2017
If your focused and willing to commit to being on alcatraz with no escape where all u do is work and sleep the this is the place for you. Beware definitely wouldn't go back unless I was homeless
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Bad food and people
Hey Its a Job.
Case­Up Operator/Processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKSeptember 3, 2016
Tough Place to be. work hard and get paid very little. My managment experiance was good. respectful bosses. but i havnt heard the same from everyone i worked with. HR was hit and miss
Pros
save money
Cons
Dutch Harbor Alaska
Very Hard Work
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKMarch 4, 2016
Very long Hours no days off lack of leadership very hard to understand because the leaders did not speak English very well
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No days off
Very productive Great Leaders
Processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKFebruary 2, 2016
I loved working in the Case up section of Westward Seafoods. The leads were very helpful and friendly and you really felt like part of the team. The work was hard but you felt good about it because it proved how dedicated and determined you were. my favorite part about it was the steady pace with work so that you could get in the zone and time flew by.
Pros
decent food, great company
Cons
cold work, sometimes wet
teamwork/hardwork
PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKJanuary 31, 2016
some are difficult work, some are not... a very strict management.. enjoy working with others in easy job... be friendly at all times...
Pros
free meals
Productive and hardworking company
Case-up (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AlaskaNovember 3, 2015
Living conditions and pay could have been better but all in all it was a fair company who only expected you to do you work. Most of the management was fair and enjoyable but there were some leads who clearly played favorites and let people off with doing much less work than others.
Pros
Food was good, overtime availability was good.
Cons
Living conditions and pay should have been much better for the amount you worked.
fun working place
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2015
i have been working these companies both are very good i will
Recommend every one to work these company really are nice comp
Long hours, hard work but pretty good money...
Processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKMarch 11, 2015
During my time as a Processor we worked 12 to 18 hours a day, no weekends, no days off for 4 or 5 months at a time. The schedule is strict, safety code highly enforced and working conditions are minimal. What you do and where you work can change at any minute and without notice and as a Processor I was expected to adapt and keep up with the fast pace regardless if I'd done the job before or not. My daily position had me working in a freezer system, breaking thousands of 30lb solid bricks of fish fillets out of a floating plate freezer and moving them onto a conveyor belt, working heavy machinery to remove the bricks of fish from their metal casing, packaging and stacking the finished product on a pallet. Some of my other duties included gutting, organ sorting, weight control, size and quality sorting, general dock work, scaling, conveyor maintenance, and overall clean up.
Seafood Processor
Processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKNovember 10, 2014
I was excited to come to a seafood plant, but that all ended after two weeks of working there. After first signing on I was told to think of this as a family, but when I wanted to ask question it was clear this was no family what so ever. My stomach was hurting for two weeks because of the food, but I decided to tough it out and even though I did a great job I wasn't giving an review that reflected that and even there's no way I would ever come back here I'm just glad the experience is OVER.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Food, people, and the enivronment
very COLD.
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Kodiak, AKAugust 6, 2014
the hardest part was getting used to the cold,
But work wise nothing too difficult
Not the best but ok
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKJune 2, 2014
The company is ok for a start, the food isn't so good, there's a lot of divers background of people.
This job was factory-type work with long hours, 6-7 days/wk.
Fish Processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKMarch 10, 2014
A typical day was twelve hours on your feet doing repetitive work. I learned patience. The management team was very safety orientated and truly cared for the workers' welfare. My co-workers were dedicated and hard-working people. The hardest part of the job was the same as the easiest part of the job--constant repetitive work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie of the crew...we were all in the same boat and doing our job.
Seafood Processor
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2013
12 Hour shifts everyday, sometimes 6 hour overtime. coworkers were supportive and easy to get along with. the hardest part were the long hours and being in Alaska.
Pros
Free room and board, Free food.
Cons
Long hours and Isolated.
only for a hard worker
Seafood Processor/Building maintenance assistant (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKJanuary 16, 2013
this is a job with very long hours and tedious work. if you don't want to work a lot with little sleep. do not apply
Pros
free room and board, laundry and housekeeping done for you
Cons
little time to do anything, but work. a hassle to get to town

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westward Seafoods Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7