Westward Seafoods Inc.

Westward Seafoods Inc. Employee Reviews

Very Hard Work
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKMarch 4, 2016
Very long Hours no days off lack of leadership very hard to understand because the leaders did not speak English very well
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No days off
Very productive Great Leaders
Processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKFebruary 2, 2016
I loved working in the Case up section of Westward Seafoods. The leads were very helpful and friendly and you really felt like part of the team. The work was hard but you felt good about it because it proved how dedicated and determined you were. my favorite part about it was the steady pace with work so that you could get in the zone and time flew by.
Pros
decent food, great company
Cons
cold work, sometimes wet
teamwork/hardwork
PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKJanuary 31, 2016
some are difficult work, some are not... a very strict management.. enjoy working with others in easy job... be friendly at all times...
Pros
free meals
Productive and hardworking company
Case-up (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AlaskaNovember 3, 2015
Living conditions and pay could have been better but all in all it was a fair company who only expected you to do you work. Most of the management was fair and enjoyable but there were some leads who clearly played favorites and let people off with doing much less work than others.
Pros
Food was good, overtime availability was good.
Cons
Living conditions and pay should have been much better for the amount you worked.
fun working place
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 9, 2015
i have been working these companies both are very good i will
Recommend every one to work these company really are nice comp
Long hours, hard work but pretty good money...
Processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKMarch 11, 2015
During my time as a Processor we worked 12 to 18 hours a day, no weekends, no days off for 4 or 5 months at a time. The schedule is strict, safety code highly enforced and working conditions are minimal. What you do and where you work can change at any minute and without notice and as a Processor I was expected to adapt and keep up with the fast pace regardless if I'd done the job before or not. My daily position had me working in a freezer system, breaking thousands of 30lb solid bricks of fish fillets out of a floating plate freezer and moving them onto a conveyor belt, working heavy machinery to remove the bricks of fish from their metal casing, packaging and stacking the finished product on a pallet. Some of my other duties included gutting, organ sorting, weight control, size and quality sorting, general dock work, scaling, conveyor maintenance, and overall clean up.
Seafood Processor
Processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKNovember 10, 2014
I was excited to come to a seafood plant, but that all ended after two weeks of working there. After first signing on I was told to think of this as a family, but when I wanted to ask question it was clear this was no family what so ever. My stomach was hurting for two weeks because of the food, but I decided to tough it out and even though I did a great job I wasn't giving an review that reflected that and even there's no way I would ever come back here I'm just glad the experience is OVER.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
Food, people, and the enivronment
very COLD.
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Kodiak, AKAugust 6, 2014
the hardest part was getting used to the cold,
But work wise nothing too difficult
Not the best but ok
Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKJune 2, 2014
The company is ok for a start, the food isn't so good, there's a lot of divers background of people.
This job was factory-type work with long hours, 6-7 days/wk.
Fish Processor (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKMarch 10, 2014
A typical day was twelve hours on your feet doing repetitive work. I learned patience. The management team was very safety orientated and truly cared for the workers' welfare. My co-workers were dedicated and hard-working people. The hardest part of the job was the same as the easiest part of the job--constant repetitive work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the camaraderie of the crew...we were all in the same boat and doing our job.

Want to know more about Westward Seafoods Inc.?

Ask a question
Seafood Processor
Seafood Processor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 3, 2013
12 Hour shifts everyday, sometimes 6 hour overtime. coworkers were supportive and easy to get along with. the hardest part were the long hours and being in Alaska.
Pros
Free room and board, Free food.
Cons
Long hours and Isolated.
only for a hard worker
Seafood Processor/Building maintenance assistant (Former Employee) –  Dutch Harbor, AKJanuary 16, 2013
this is a job with very long hours and tedious work. if you don't want to work a lot with little sleep. do not apply
Pros
free room and board, laundry and housekeeping done for you
Cons
little time to do anything, but work. a hassle to get to town

2.4