WESTWAY FORD Employee Reviews

Beautiful dealership
New and Used Car Sales (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 5, 2017
Westway Ford is a beautiful dealership that offers the usual commission structure for car sales. The amount of time spent working, cold call requirements, sales requirements, and all other details are standard for a car dealership. There are rewards and incentives for positive customer reviews, such as the 100 Club, but there aren't the usual daily incentives that provide incentive to have a great day.
Pros
Recently remodeled
Fun, fast paced, advancement available
Assistant Service Director (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 8, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working at Westway Ford. There are always room for advancement. We have a good team of co workers that enjoy each other and work well with each other. The goal is to take care of the customer.
Cut throat
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 31, 2017
They limited my potential by only getting 35 looks a month vs 80 to 90. Overstaffed the dept by promoting car salesmen that flooded floor. "Draw" was paid back if not met even after I was moved to another department. People high up act like gods, cut your throat, stab you in the back, cut your pay, make tons of money and put pressure on everyone below them to produce more more more to line their pockets only to have to worry about your job security, there is none.
Pros
Cons
Read
Worked on cars
Used Car Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2017
I learned a lot about working on cars here. This information has helped me out with my own issues regurading my own cars and trucks. Really liked this company
Nice working in separate building from main showroom
Commercial Acct. Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 30, 2016
Fleet/Commercial Dept. was good to work in with immediate supervisor in separate building away from busy showroom. Upper management however wasn't as in tuned to our dept.
Pros
Cons
Pressure for numbers
HORRIBLE place to ever work!
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 4, 2016
I would say the most, if not all of the job reviews on here are fake.

If you would like to be cussed out & treated very poorly as a sales person. This would be the place for you.

They want the staff to cold call 40 plus people a day off dead end list that they give to all the staff. So, when you finally do get a hold of a potential customer. They cuss you out because they have already been called 10 plus times a week by varies sales persons.

There's hardly any actual customer traffic because no one wants to be added to their lists & they tend to burn the bridges with customers regularly.

The finance department is run by a hostile bully.

Pay is horrible. If you don't keep track of your money. They won't pay you. They try to rip their own staff off all the time.

I was only there about four months & couldn't stomach they horrible treatment of staff & customers by management there.
Pros
Coffee & water are free
Cons
Long hours, Negative Mgmt, & no real traffic.
Managment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 21, 2015
This is the worst place to work ever. they move you around and never take the time to develop you.never work here. i hated it here.
Fun, Fast Paced, Incredibly Rewarding
Customer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 11, 2015
As a CRM, the main responsibly is the customer. Plain and simple. My position exists for their benefit. To provide a quality experience in buying a car as well as developing a life long relationship with the dealership.
Pros
Fun environment: Awesome bonuses
Unorganized
Title Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 12, 2014
This company is the most unorganized I have ever worked for.
Pros
Non
Cons
No brakes, no overtime, no communications
It`s fun .
porter (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 9, 2014
Day after day i do increasing my experience with the cars.
I have a good friendship with all my mangers because i do my job perfectly.perfectly. Ther is no hard part .The most enjoyable part when i deliver a car for a costumer.
Pros
Free coffee and snack.
Cons
Free break.
Great place to work.
Sales / Service Writer / Porter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 13, 2014
Great place to work. I started off in sales right before a major renovation and was on track to do eight units in a month but during that time they had little to no foot traffic. A lot of the salesmen were skating deals / splitting deals because the driveway was torn out. I asked to be moved to the service lane where I felt I did a good job. The lead service adviser hated to loose me to the move up to new car porter. I have always been a reliable self starter and quick to learn procedure. The new car inventory manager, and Co Owner thought I did a great job training co workers as well as my replacement when I gave them my two week notice.

I enjoyed my time at Westway but logistically could not continue to make the long commute to Irving when moving to Lucas.
Pros
great management all about the team effort, t and took notice for all the hard work
Cons
under staffed, worked through lunch an breaks a lot, terrible commute.
Westway FORD
Accounting Assistant/ Head Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 29, 2013
Had to quit due to school and other personal leave.
But I will say that anyone becoming a receptionist or a salesman will have the best of the best. They treated me with the up most respect and even after I put in my two weeks they still cared and I made some really great friends there. The job is fast pace there but worth it if you have time to work and want some good money.
Having a ton of hours could be good but also could be bad if you have a family. Other than that it was a great experience, Kinda miss it.
Pros
paid good, always met needs, ton of hours
Cons
hours were up and down, no set schedule, ton of hours
Liked how the company was ran
Heavy-Line Technician Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 29, 2013
Enjoyed my job there.
Made alot of good friends there.
Learned quite a bit about Ford.
Pros
Liked what I did
Fun Workplace, not a lot of traffic coming in. Sales Manager really helped us sell the car.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 2, 2013
A typical day was 12 hours waiting for people to come in and waiting for leads to contact. The hardest part was actually getting leads. The most enjoyable part was being yourself and knowing that you are helping the customer in getting a good vehicle for them. i learned some good tactics to use on the customer to get it going my way and have control over the negotiation.
Pros
Good co-workers, Learned a lot through other co-workers and the boot camp that the company sent me to.
Cons
Long-hours. Not a lot of traffic coming in. commission on slow months was painful.
I gained valuable experiences about the general public.
Internet Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 10, 2012
As an internet manager I had to overcome a variety of obstacles to get a customer to come in for a test drive. Once they came in, I had to have enough knowledge about my products, that I could explain the value and demonstrate how it would work with the customer to convince them they wanted to buy the higher end model of vehicle. I found co-workers here to be extremely helpful, and we worked well together.
Pros
interacting with the general public.
Cons
being required to work 60+ hours with minimal compensation.
westway ford
Porter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 2, 2012
great staff, great pay for work, learned more about computer technology,how to check in inventory.
Nice place to work
Service Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 4, 2012
Good people, good atmosphere, no complaints. Just a bit of a drive for me.
Pros
nice people
Cons
the building is old