Westwood College Employee Reviews in United States

Students were appreciative
Fieldwork Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 27, 2016
Wasn't very organized and needed better places for internships, upon my beginning with this position many students had no place for their internships also they had no guidelines. I had to develop guidelines for educators and volunteers.
Too many changes at one time
Pros
Pay was good at the time
Cons
CEO struggled to maintain the college
Endless road
Field Admissions Representative / Presenter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 24, 2016
I knew when I took this job, that it was headed in the worst direction. we worked 15hr days 6 days a week, management were not easy people to work with. Co-workers were stressed out. This was the worst company I ever worked for.
Pros
N/A
Cons
School closed for good
productive work place
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 7, 2016
worked my 4o hours a week here, learned about other programs, management was great butsadly this company as well was having layoffs and now closed it doors
Pros
amazing work activites
Cons
long start dates
Fun and productive place to work
DIRECTOR OF CAMPUS OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2016
I enjoyed working with the faculty and staff at the campus. I especially enjoyed interacting with the students and assisting them with realizing their dreams and achieving a higher education.
long story
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 24, 2016
long story. Still going there things with this school. It is shut down all campus. Being a student there was great and working together was amazing. To much info
Poor management
Adjunct instructor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 30, 2016
Westswood company with 18 colleges has been closed and hundreds of people lost their jobs, the reason was poor management.
Pros
friendly eviornment
Cons
Poor management
Campus Cafe
Café staff (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 22, 2016
Working at the school your attending is a bad idea. Everyone who works at the collage tells you the walls have ears. I was told I can't converse with students or teachers if they try and talk with you while working in the Café.
Pros
They paid you
Cons
They gave you an aword for showing up
Productive place to work with bonuses
Director of Career Services (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 17, 2016
Great teamwork and support. Fair evaluations and financial compensations to match. There were many opportunities for employees to gain more financial compensation. The company approved and supported professional growth.
Informational in bulding my skils as an Admin
Help student (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 8, 2016
Come in to work say hi to everyone and sit down it the Admins office to go over the plan for the day. Next step check the Track-it list (Ticketing System) and then get started on the days activity's.
Great way for me to learn experience with little kids
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2016
I've had my baby sitters business for about 3 years and I love kids. It taught me how to balance my life and being able to teach kids with what I know with great healthy snacks.
Pros
Playtime
Cons
Crying
Great work environment of professionals working and teaching in their fields
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 4, 2016
Teaching students to become learners and seeing the smiles on the faces of students as they accepted their diplomas. Finding ways to keep students motivated and not to give up on their goals and knowing that they truly appreciated the concern that you had for their success.
Wonderful to be able to work from home and other locations
Colorado - Online Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 10, 2016
I enjoyed working for Westwood College as adjunct faculty for six years. If Westwood had not gone out of business, I would still be working here as I like helping the students and feel I do a very good job of it. I worked from home and also could work when I traveled which was a huge perk for me. I am very good at probably accomplishing more when I work from home.
Professional and rewarding environment
Academic Dean (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 3, 2016
Westwood College provided a warm and safe learning environment for students who were mainly at-risk. The retention was strong and the campus was very nurturing. The instruction was rigorous and the faculty demanded a lot while providing necessary support and encouragement. While at Westwood I learned about a diverse student body, creating/implementing policies and procedures, the accreditation process, and budgeting/fiscal management.
Pros
Making a difference in the life of our students
Cons
The final outcome of the college
Closing
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 13, 2016
Westwood closed department and eventually school.
Teaching Interior Design was rewarding, as it gave students a direction in the industry. The staff and program chair were terrific.
A good place to work
Student Finance Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2016
Process financial aid files for new and continue students It was a small office and we work great as a team. I had great boss that trained me very well,
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
no raise
Pearson VUE Test Administrator and Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 28, 2016
A typical would start with me helping student apply for their financial aid, then I would help out where ever I was needed
Work
Junior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Come in and hello to everyone I on the way to my office. Then I get settle in check my email to see if the need to go to a classroom or help out an instructor troubleshoot a problem. After I finish checking my emails I go check in with my manager to if he has a job for me. But if there is no job to be done I mostly be doing class assignment. or projects.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Corporate Culture
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2016
For Profit so much different aspect to teaching. As an education secondary school more emphasis is needed upon teaching and the components to address.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
more money maker mentality than education
Very productive I reallyenjoyed teaching MATH
Adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 11, 2016
Working with each struggling student on a daily basis. Teach math with varieties of word problems was lot of fun that included statistics, finance, geometry and mostly algebra. Teaching MATH was really lot of fun. I taught also Physical Science, basically physics. Explaining things that one shoud know how it works and why exmp: Its not advisable to walk on a frozen lake and why. Students are really amazed to know the reason that inside of a lake might be freezing water and why------
Leraned how to deal with struggling students and also allowing the students group activity and work oout on the board makes them inspired and fast learners ------
Great place to be employed
Sr. Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 8, 2016
Very comfortable place to work. morning would start with phone calls and checking today's confirmed appointments. Management was very good to work for. Great colleagues. No hard part to the days. Working everyday.