Westwood College Employee Reviews

Westwood College
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 23, 2017
Great experience working with students and graduates. Unfortunately the college closed down. I had the best teammates, the office environment was relax.
It was good
Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 22, 2017
The staff were amazingly helpful and caring. The classrooms nice and comfortable.
Parking was not an issue at all. The hourly compensation was good. It was a beautiful environmrnt.
Pros
Good people
Cons
I wish I had more hours
Ok
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 20, 2017
Fast paced. Customer service. Depends on who is your boss they were ok to me for the most part. Culture was good no complaints. Working for different people.
Saddened that Westwood Closed
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2017
Teaching at Westwood College was a great experience. If not for the school closing, I would still be teaching there. I enjoyed the overall atmosphere and classroom autonomy. Happy to have been a part of this school.
Pros
Coworkers, Directors
Cons
School closed
Standard corporate politics if you like that type of enviroment
SFOC Financial Aid Processor I (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 6, 2017
Decent rate of pay and full time benefits, and good training for the needs of the position. Many double standards within management and issues with letting the employees have their personal needs met. Serious micromanagement problems which made for a prison like environment. Only if you fit the "mold" were you able to succeed there.
Westwood College Provide Entitlement
Club President (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 4, 2017
My experience with Westwood College is one of mix feelings. Although the campus provided it students with their essential needs, the school focused more on financial gain more so.
Pros
Active environment
Cons
Lost funding for grants, and usage of military GI Bill
This was a 3 year college that has since went out of business
FULL TIME STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 12, 2017
Taught by industry professional. All of my classes were taught by either police officers, DEA agents, Homeland Security agents, or other law enforcement professionals. I gained what I felt was expert inside knowledge
Pros
Small class size made it easy to get all the professors taught.
Cons
The school was not fully accredited, and this is hurting former students land jobs, or continue education.
Very polite co-workers and students
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 24, 2017
It was a beautiful experience while I was there, The faculty was great and helping the student body was also great. It was just Westwood was not an accredited college and that was their downside.
Pros
Cons
They were not an accredited college
Very fun to teach interested students!
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 23, 2017
It was very rewarding to see the students so interested in the many subjects of Criminal Justice. I also held a fingerprint class outside of the normal class hours that I saw much interest in and large attendance.
Pros
I was able to begin this program in Torrance, CA and transferred to Anaheim, Ca
Every day is different
Computer Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILFebruary 21, 2017
I had the best time of my life there while working with fellows students because i was students myself. My work ethics was so good at the time because i enjoy helping others and at the same time i was learning something new while i am with them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short break
Westwood
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  River Oaks, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Good entry level position for instructors as an educator /teacher
good flexible hours, good entry level pay
flexible location, simply lecture/online structor
Very Good
Senior Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 9, 2017
Typical day is dialing about 40 dials per day, talking to different students and presenting the online presentation accordingly.
Pros
Free lunch, long breaks, nice employers
Cons
benefits, commute, little ability to move up
graphic design
Library Student Worker/Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 18, 2017
productive hands on environment also informed on current job earnings operated in all design programs in graphic designs/communications jobs
The Classes are very productive
Adjunct Instructor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 18, 2017
A typical work day consist of advising, teaching, and tutoring students in need of additional assistance with class work. The students are filled with enthusiasm.
Pros
Provide Tutoring to Students
Cons
Time of some classes are too long or short
Like family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2016
Great people and school to work with. Really enjoyed working with the students and staff had a lot of fun times.Everyone got alone and tried to do what was right for the students. I enjoyed the events I helped plan that got the students and staff much closer.
Campus is now closed
Faculty Externship Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 17, 2016
I have already wrote a review. The campus is now closed so that says alot about gthe way the company has been ran. There is not much more I can say about this....
Good interaction with diverse student and staff population
Online Faculty for English (Former Employee) –  ColoradoOctober 13, 2016
I had effective online class control, and used different pedagogical styles for instructional delivery. The hardest part is that students and staff are separated geographically, however there is some form of interaction through Skype and telephones.
Pros
Flexible time table
Cons
Different time zones for staff and students
great place to work in
New Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2016
a typical day at work was calm and relaxed yet busy work wise. I learned a lot about administrative skills. the former management team was very helpful. my formers co-workers were exceptional and very flexible. The hardest part of the job was learning about student everyday personal needs, as some students dealt with school and personal everyday life issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of satisfaction of seeing those hard working students graduate into there long life lasting career.
Pros
flexible team players
Productive and fun work environment.
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 7, 2016
I did not agree with the sales techniques used for the sake of a college education. It was way too sales-oriented. However, it was flexible and I worked with amazing people.
Pros
Fun atmosphere.
Cons
Too numbers based.
I learned a lot under a good IT Technician
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 30, 2016
Work study under Information technology professional. Maintained all computers around the college campus, students and administrator’s. Maintained all servers that were on campus. Disassembled/reassembled and upgraded all computers when needed. Also worked with ghost server and did a lot of troubleshooting over the telephone with co-workers. Helped managed all VOIP lines and POTS when needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Westwood College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8