Wet Seal Employee Reviews

school rop
ROP Student (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 4, 2016
good job for someone who loves fashion, clothes are more for juniors, if you love fashion this is a good job for you.alot of ages come in to shop. overall a good experience for school.
good place to work
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 4, 2016
this was a good place to work for 4 years. it allowed the options to be promoted but unfortunately in the end we were laid off with little notice.
fun place to meet new people
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJFebruary 2, 2016
My typical day at work include reviewing sales plan and goal for the day.I learned that loving your job makes it easier. Being a manager can be a lot of work but can be very rewarding. The hardest part of my job was not having enough staff. The most enjoyable part of my job was working everyday to develop my team and having fun making goals beyond what the company set
Pros
40% discount
Cons
short breaks
Productive and Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJanuary 28, 2016
For seasonal retail, this job was perfect. it was an easy going and fun environment. The girls were always laughing and they were easy to get along with.
n/a
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 25, 2016
I do not have anything to put up here for this business,. I wish this part was not a requirement so that w e do not waste our time.
Great fashion and fun place to work
manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2016
Great place to work and learn more about retail. Fun environment and flexible work schedule. Management staff is seasoned and well rounded. Most of all to be able to work with great fashion is a plus.
nice place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJanuary 19, 2016
great retail store to shop at lower volume than forever 21 but same great clothes at a lower price. customers are typically preteens to young adult women no men or boy clothes. gets busy so need to work under pressure overall good store
Enlightening work experience and interacting with many different people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 18, 2016
A typical day at Wet Seal would include working the floor and straightening up certain areas to look more presentable. I would help a customer look for a size or get a customer a dressing room if needed. Also. if needed I would work the cash register, which would give me a chance to tell customers about promotions we had going on. At the end of the day as we would be closing up I would return clothes to their original places, I would clean the dressing rooms and clean the main floor and straighten up certain zones for the next day. During my time at Wet Seal I learned how to communicate with different types of people throughout the day and I also learned how to be more responsible and reliable as some coworkers would need me to cover their shifts or if my store manager needed me last minute I would be there for her. During the job there would be some difficulties such as dealing with unreasonable customers, but I found a way to push through and serve them with a smile and still have a respectful tone. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with different people and seeing all our skills come together to run the store smoothly.
Good place to learn about retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 16, 2016
My experience here was a good experience for me to learn about retail. My day consisted of being a cashier, helping customers choose outfits for certain occasions, folding and organizing clothes, selling merchandise by telling customers why the product is great and useful to them. I learned how to provide good customer service.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work was busy and productive.
Learned that visuals are one of the most imporant aspects of a store. Management and my co-workers were great and came to work eager to work.
Decent job for someone looking to make some side money.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 22, 2015
Wet Seal was usually a pleasant place to work with wonderful co-workers, and a very nice manager who worked very hard. The hardest thing about this job was that it was very low in sales and foot traffic, leading to very slow, long, uneventful days. This ultimately forced the Billings store to close, and my time at Wet Seal was done. I learned a lot about what actually entails keeping a store in an appealing manner and keeping the public happy. My co workers were wonderful to work with and were always willing to work their hardest.
productive and busy place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 15, 2015
The store was usually slow. The associates had plenty of time to get the things done around the store. I was able to make each customer satisfied and happy with their buy.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 10, 2015
Great place to work and fun atmosphere.The low wages and long hours are daunting.Upper management has a huge work load. I learned to figure everything out on your own and to just correct the mistakes once the upper management gives you feed back.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
Low wages long hours
Organized and Great Music
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 8, 2015
Wet Seal was a great part time job. The staff were very friendly and full of knowledge. Management always had great tips and feedback.
A day at Wet Seal
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 21, 2015
My typical day at Wet Seal is very busy. I get to work and do all my morning duties. Some duties are cleaning, get the registers opened, take deposits to bank, read emails, check planner for merchandising, employee coverage for the day. It is a lot to do but I am very organized and I always have a plan to make it all run smoothly!!
Pros
Awesome employee discount
Cons
Associates calling in for the day
fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 19, 2015
fun, good job for a high school graduate to start off retail experience, fun job, alot of shipment though and they expect too much from you
Good company that could be great with better benefits
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 19, 2015
I loved working at Wet Seal. Tasking was scheduled and simple to complete when it was focused on, management was competent, pay was adequate. I received a lot of hours but was kept part-time so I couldn't receive benefits, which is my only serious complaint.
busy and fun environment
Retail Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 18, 2015
busy every day
I became assistant manager after 6 months of employment
co-worker were nice people to work with
hardest part of the work I worked every weekend
Pros
40% merchandise discount
Cons
working every weekend
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 15, 2015
It was a fun and happy work place with supportive management. Everyday was a new experience, learning new things from my colleagues,meeting new people,building relationships professionally and personal.The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help others and give my opinion when it was needed. I don't think there was anything hard about the job, just on certain days when you deal with a difficult customer. But overall, even though my time was short, Wet Seal was the best job i have encountered. And i would love to do it again!
Pros
food court nearby, employee discounts
Cons
short breaks
love retail but hate wet seal
sales associate (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaNovember 14, 2015
2/3 of my managers were extremely rude and one was verbally abusive most of the time. was told i looked like i was dragged in from an alley the way i dress (i only dressed in wet seal clothes at work) coworkers were nice but never had time to talk. extremely rude demanding customers in my area. not a lot of hours and barely wanted to work what i had because my manager would belittle everything i did. i was never given a break despite how many hours i worked a day
Pros
40% discount
Cons
rude management, 9 hours max. a week, breaks