Open Position: Financial Operations Team Lead
Firm: Wetherby Asset Management
Location: San Francisco
Reports to: Financial Operations Manager
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, 401k/Profit Sharing, PTO (Paid Time Off), Continuing Education
Wetherby Asset Management provides sophisticated investment advice and thoughtful personal wealth planning for high net worth families and institutions. Wetherby currently manages nearly $3.5 billion in assets and is 100% employee-owned with headquarters in San Francisco and another office in New York City. The firm recently received accolades from Charles Schwab, Barron's, Wealth Manager, Forbes, Worth and Investment News.
Job Description: The successful candidate will be a strong leader and work with a team of Wealth Managers, Investment Associates and Financial Operations Associates to support the operations of the firm and provide excellent service to internal and external clients. The functions of this role involve, but are not limited to, mentoring and training Financial Operations Associates and Senior Financial Operations Associates, project and process management, acting as the bridge between operations and client service within the firm, completing client reporting requests and other operations tasks and being a thought leader within operations.
Qualifications: This is a senior level position within operations. This person should have a 4-year college degree with an emphasis in finance or accounting, 7+ years of investment operations experience, experience mentoring staff and possess strong analytical skills. A person with an engineering or mathematics background will potentially be considered. Experience with the following is preferred: Advent Axys, CRM (client relationship management) systems and intermediate Microsoft Excel skills. This person should also have excellent leadership, time management, prioritization, organization, communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills,. Further, this person should be able to take immediate ownership of his/her work and be willing and able to back up teammates at all times. A proactive approach to problem solving and the ability to multitask are also important.
- Lead financial operations team members in the effort to provide excellent client service at every touch point with the client
- Train and mentor financial operations team members
- Accountable for ensuring the team is properly trained, work is being completed on time, and proactive communication is abundant
- Act as a thought leader by consistently providing innovative ideas within operations
- Represent the voice of operations within the client service team
- Represent the voice of the client service team within operations
- Lead projects, such as the quarter end reporting process and quarterly tax estimates, for client service teams by ensuring project deliverables are completed on time and without errors
- Open/close accounts and complete account paperwork on behalf of our clients
- Initiate and reconcile account transfers
- Monitor daily cash balances to insure adequate funds for client distributions
- Reconcile client accounts including cost basis reconciliation
- Maintain client accounts across several of the firm’s accounting, contact management and reporting systems
- Service a variety of client requests such as money movement and one-off client report requests
- Own specific operations processes and procedures and proactively identify and implement improvements and efficiencies
- Provide backup support for the office manager and receptionist
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume and salary history with “Financial Operations Team Lead” in the subject line.