WEX Inc. Employee Reviews

another Contract opportunity
Senior Help Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland MaineMay 22, 2017
I worked for WEX as one of my contracts it was a great place to work with a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people I would recommend people working for the company
Great Company
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMarch 24, 2017
WEX offers many opportunities within the organization. This company is continuously growing and from my memory offered excellent benefits. I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
Excellent Training
Professional and hard work. Managment was amazing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMarch 22, 2017
A typical day at WEX, was simply getting your work done. Helping all ranges of customers, from government clients to you good ol' mom and pops business. It was a cubicle lifestyle. Co-workers were great!! We always would help one another if needed. The management was amazing. They always kept up safe (during the winter storm and made sure we were OK) and we also got to have certain themed days just to have alittle fun while beving professional at the same time.
Pros
Great enviroment to work in, up-training and great benfits
Cons
I cannot complain!
Private Label Cards
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 28, 2017
Enjoyed working with fleet cards in the fleet card industry. Enjoyed the one on one sales and meeting the actual end user. Loved cold calling and hitting, exceeding my quota.
Pros
New Opportunity
Cons
Sunoco stations poorly ran
Customer service dept is TERRIBLE
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 2, 2017
This job will work you to death. Non stop calls. Angry callers. Systems always going down. Unhappy coworkers. It's none stop. Everything is all over the place since EFS was bought out by WEX INC. If you're a manager you get new tasks pilled on you weekly and no incentives what so ever. The security of the job is very unpredictable, other deptartents have been laid off. This is not a good company, I'm suprised the company still has accounts.
Pros
Good starting pay
Cons
Very hard to get a raise, very stressful environment, unfair operations
Very good when I first started, but it changed over time
Sr Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MENovember 6, 2016
Very friendly and all worked together, but as the company grew, it became more cut throat. There were a few good managers, but there were several promoted who did not deserve to be team leads. Left when I was put ona team that was keeping me from growth and hurting my career.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Some poor managers
Fun work environment, focused on promoting employees and providing employee recognition
Credit Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2016
I enjoyed going to work each day. All of the departments worked well with each other and they fostered collaboration. Wright Express was very good at providing their employees with fun activities and incentives.
Pros
Professional Education, Employee Incentives
Cons
Limited room for growth
Management is horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMay 13, 2016
Management has no clue of day to day functions. Total lack of compassion or any other characteristics. The company is growing too quickly and no one seems to know how to do their "job". Questions go unanswered because everyone is clueless. All departments are 'against' eachother, there is no "Team". Pay is decent but I wouldn't waste your talent with this company.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Lack of knowledge, judgemental
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEMarch 22, 2016
Good place to work, people are great. Very fast paced environment, you are always encouraged to think out of the box for new solutions for process improvement.
Good job and good people
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2015
The people of WEX were great. The biggest challenge was staying part of the team as I worked remotely. Managers did a great job in keeping us engaged with the company and people.
Pros
People
Cons
Little room for advancement
good working place
Mobile - Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 7, 2015
i love working under the managament
i am working very comfartable working in this place
co-workers are very supportive
management can provoding facilities like e.t.c
helping me a lot to learn new things
Fast paced
SVP (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJune 7, 2015
Direct corporate M&A based strategy initiatives and lead cross-functional teams in implementation of business development, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures related strategies for this $4 billion financial services and payments company. As the only one with M&A experience, I developed a best-in- class process and trained cross-functional teams on diligence, the day 1 stand up plan and the day 100 stand up plan. Was highly involved in establishing an IMO function.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Lack of focus
Very corporate environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 20, 2015
A lot of opportunity if you can fit into their New England culture. Co-workers were great. Management is a little clickish.
Pros
Freedom to perform your job
Cons
constant change
Challenging and fun environment
Security Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEDecember 8, 2014
* Constantly changing priorities
* Nice people to work with
* Strong focus on the customer and outside sales
Pros
Ability to research, learn, and use new technologies
Great Work Atmosphere
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 11, 2013
Working as a call center representative is not for everyone, but the people I worked with made the job a lot more fun. There is always a food day right around the corner or someone celebrating something. The management really listens and cares. They are always willing to work with you. I really loved it there and I'm sad I moved.
Pros
The people are awesome, food days, give-aways, good pay
Cons
the job is not for everyone
Fun place to work, little advancement available.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 10, 2013
WEX Inc. is a financial management solution for the worldwide transportation industry. WEX Inc. provides corporate payment solutions for private business owners, and government fleet operations. Pretty typical sales atmosphere. Decent place to work.
Pros
flexible
Cons
opportunity
Productive and fun place
Analyst/Sr. Designer/Developer/Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 20, 2012
Excellent learning opportunities with a balanced life that includes extra curricular activities
Collections Anayst
Collections Analyst II (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MESeptember 29, 2012
Made phone calls on past due gas credit card accts. Answered inbound telephone calls as well. This was not the job for me. The hardest part was to try to collect money from people going through these hard economic times. There was nothing enjoyable about this job it was extremely stressful and management did not care about the hardships of their clientel, just wanted their money.
Pros
bonus for being inconsiderate of the conditions of clients and getting money no matter what.
Cons
not being able to help people in tough situations.
Customer Service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 22, 2012
Very easy job to do, co-workers were really nice. Had a really great time working there, too bad it was a temp job.
Overall a good place to work. Only issue is the middle management need more training in people skills and how to manage without pressure.
New Account Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEJuly 4, 2012
I work from 7-4 p.m.. My skills have improved in sales and customer service expectations. Coworkers are on the same page and work on developing their skills as well. The job can be stressful due to dead lines and unrealistic expectations from management.

The department and overall environment is cheerful and most people are friendly and accomodating.
Pros
health benefits package, 401k, volunteer programs, paid time off equivalent to 4 weeks off.
Cons
management not in touch with employees day to day work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WEX Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.