Weyerhaeuser Company Employee Reviews in United States

Weyerhaeuser Company summary
Environmental Scientist II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSApril 1, 2015
Amazing job experience. I worked for Weyerhaeuser for 5 years and was rewarded for proactive, motivated work. Insurance was high deductible plan but pay was amazing and staff was dedicated, motivated, and innovative. My supervisor was above parr and this company has amazing land and work ethics. Their environmental track record with regard to the land they manage and safety record were amazing. They were flexible with work hours and emphasized family first, then work.
Pros
Salary, flexible hours, family first atmosphere
Cons
insurance
Learned many accounting skills.
LEAD ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSOctober 27, 2015
A typical workday was spent mostly on the computer,maintaining records and on the phone with numerous corporate representatives. Worked with great people on staff and management levels. Enjoyed communicating with people. Hardest part was departing with staff members who were always transferring out to other locations. Learned a lot about the business world.
Pros
Great office location and working environment.
good place to work
Lead Planner (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAOctober 5, 2015
Great team work ,everyone pulls there own weight, Good job/life balance. Structured so that an employee can flourish and improve for career advancement.
Pros
great management
Good Ole Boys Club
Technician (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WaFebruary 4, 2013
They say they like diversity but hire Mexicans as janitors, people from India for IT work and it took me at least 2 yrs to see one African Anerican working there. It was quite sterotypical to say the least.

They have been sued by EEOC for not promoting minorities in their Bellevue office and lost. I've seen quite a few people forced to retire and younger folks leaving for better opportunites after being hired only a short period of time. The shorter time you stay there the better because it's against policy to give any sort of reference when you leave.
Pros
pretty campus and decent benefits
Cons
high pressure, inappropriate management behavior, no reference policy, lack of minority opportunities, pay increases based on statistics and not performance, and they quit doing any morale boosters even before the economy tanked
Great people
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARNovember 19, 2015
I loved my time at Weyerhaeuser. Everyone treated me fairly, and they were extremely flexible with my schedule since I was still going to school.
value company a joy to work for
Outside Sales for Home Improvement Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 25, 2015
the job were giving compassion to their employees after Katrina this company help me rebuild my home for over a year with Weyerhaeuser volunteers sent down every 2 weeks. Management was just very good in my 12 yrs I had 4 managers. The co workers were helpful team oriented and following up on customers. I worked with the Box stores traveling 3 states to train and sell in recycled products.
Pros
great company to wotk for
Cons
cut backs and closing the facilty in Gulfport.Ms
A Stressful Place
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 12, 2012
If you like to be mistreated and overlooked for promotions, this is the place for you. If you laugh at the manager "unfunny jokes and kiss thier butts" you will go far.

The benefits are great, the money is ok but the management need to take classes in Management 101.

A person cannot concencrate on their jobs because they are too afraid of having an accident and having to go take a drug test.
benefits
Great company to work for. Professionally grew my career path.
Assistant Manager of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Millport, ALSeptember 27, 2013
Great organization to work with.
Great employees, management and corporate team.
Learned so much about people/employees and how best to interact with each.
Recieved positive recognition that I used to grow professionally.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
location
Excellent Company
Site Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 13, 2013
Excellent company that cares for it associates; remained strong during a slow market with the right adjustments. Great benefits.
Pros
excellent work culture
Cons
limited opportunity depending on expertise
Company is a great one to work for
Wood Quality Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 25, 2012
Company has high ethical standards, is well-managed and has alot of great employees, but not as many as it did just a few years ago.
Pros
401k match
Cons
job security

Want to know more about Weyerhaeuser Company?

Ask a question
Overall when I worked for this company,it was a Great place to work!
data analyst (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMay 11, 2011
The benefits were great, the team I worked with was great. It was a very good experience all the years I worked at Weyerhaeuser Company, from 1993 to 2004.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
outsourcing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  AikenOctober 30, 2013
Seasonal and I enjoyed having time off with my child. I was able to travel with the company and the health benefits were good.
Pros
seasonal and the travel was great
Cons
long drive
Weyerhaeuser was a great place to work, on site fitness centers, recreation, running trails, were all huge perks.
Health & Welfare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WASeptember 18, 2014
I worked 8-10 hours a day and loved my job, benefit, my co-workers, and customers I worked with. I believed in the company and the products, innovation, and professionalism found at all levels. The company had a long time, solid foundation in supporting the work life balance of it's employees, until the recent change in leadership which has shifted it's philosophy on the topic drastically.
Pros
on site fitness centers, recreation, running trails, were all huge perks and a big contributor to morale.
Cons
those perks are unlikely to be available when they move to seattle.
Enjoyable and educational workplace
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 18, 2014
Would run a Flexo machine working with cardboard and to tare down and set up machines.
I learned how to operate and run a Flexo machine and how to change dyes and cutters.
Management was always there to lend a hand and was a beneficial part of me learning more on the job.
Co-workers were supportive and easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was learning all 12 of the machines but I was proud that I did it.
The enjoyable part was making rate and going above and beyond the expectations.
Pros
i was able to learn how to work the flexo machines to beable to advance
Cons
tempatures in the plant
Good employer
Director - EHS (Former Employee) –  Federal Way WAJanuary 30, 2015
Weyerhaeuser was a great company to work for. They are in the process of changing their culture - which is both difficult and exciting.
Best job I've had so far.
Dry Veneer Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Junction City, ORApril 3, 2012
This was the best job I've had. Far and away, the best coworkers and management I've had. Management that actually listens to its employees and will implement their ideas to create a smoother work process (if positively reviewed by a committee consisting of maintenance, one worker from each shift, management, and HR). Supervisors that would trust their employees' abilities to do their jobs and not hover all over or spy on you.
Pros
great work schedule (2 days on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 on, 3 off), hands-off management, competent coworkers
Cons
it was a dirty job, long shifts (12 hours, sometimes 13)
Great workplace - enjoyed most aspects of job - executive secretary
Executive Assistant to Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 23, 2015
workplace excellent
making travel arrangements - word processing - excel - powerpoint etc.
Seting up group meetings.
Enjoyable place to work where employees are treated with respect.
IT Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 12, 2013
At Weyerhaeuser people are treated as adults, management recognizes that everyone works as hard as possible but also have personal lives. I have learned so much during my 33 yrs experience with this company because I was able to have so many opportunities with different departments. The people I worked with were the best, not just co-workers but also became good friends.
Pros
no time-clock, or clock watchers, everyone is treated as an adult.
Fantastic company with fun and energized staff and employees
Document Controller (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 24, 2013
Management was a delight to work for and made the work day a fun challenge. I learned the process and flows of engineering designs and the process to achieve a new plant (grass roots) and modifications to existing plants. The co-workers were always appreciative and respectful.
Pros
availability of resources and endless learning
Cons
having to move out of town
Loved working there MOST of the time.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 6, 2013
I grew up there. Spent 35 years of my life there. Worked in the "Timberlands" section, where we planted, managed, and protected the forests from insects, fire, and so much more. I moved from Jacksonville to New Bern, NC, where I trained and grew in education, computer uses, created and maintained many, MANY statistics, etc. It used to be a good place to learn and grow, but I've been away for many years, and am not familiar with the inner-workings now...