Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews in United States

Extremely productive and motivational seeing everyone working together
entry level (Former Employee) –  Emerson, ARJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work is just that work nothing difficult about the processes, I go in do what I was trained to do to my full ability. Working their showed me a lot, taught me how to work better with others and push myself to extreme measures.Management was great, always making sure the employees comprehended the daily assignments and the responsibilities. My co-workers were a helping hand when needed. The hours was the hardest but after I adjusted my sleeping pattern the long hours didn't affect me.I enjoyed learning new ways to overcome problems and obstacles whenever I did come across one.
Overall a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 12, 2016
Safety is the #1 Priorty. My co-workers were like a big family and I enjoyed working with them. Management was always in the position to keep their employees frustrated. Like holding a carrot in front of your face that you could never reach. Their training program was a complete joke because there was none. Employees that had been with the company foe 10 years or more never was able to have a pay advancement because their so-called training program changed every year. Seemed like they wanted to keep their employees moral down.
Productive work environment
Real Estate Sales North Louisiana Region (Current Employee) –  Taylor, LAMarch 31, 2016
Typical day includes dealing with prospective buyers, map work, updating data base. I learned to manage multiple transaction effectively and how to leverage positions. We were given freedom to do the job and meet goals. Co-workers are very good to work with everyone assist one another. Hardest job is dealing with changing conditions that come down from corporate. Most enjoyable part of job is making good sales and making good acquisitions.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
confusiong direction at times
good job
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, LAApril 4, 2016
very laid back job, nothing is too hard, 12 hour shifts, there is a lot of off time . you are off 2 weekends out the month. hardest part are the long hours and rotating schedule
Pros
good schedule, easy work
Cons
bad insurance, pay
Very unorganized
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Raymond, WAMarch 15, 2016
Slow to make decisions, have meeting after meeting but never solve or directly address the issues at hand. Weyco is too big to fail otherwise the already would have
Pros
Great crew
Cons
bad management
My Most extensive experience
maintenance multi-craft technician (Former Employee) –  Grayling, MIApril 28, 2016
Weyerhaeuser Corp was a great place to work. there was plenty of room for advancement. It was a Team Concept culture and it put trust in their employees and held people accountable to be professionals and take pride in personal performance. I personally advanced through the different scales of education and experienced all aspects of Maintenance during my 26 yrs.
I left Weyerhaeuser in 2009 to pursue an additional retirement through the Public school system.
Ok Job Poor Management
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  McComb, MississippiJuly 6, 2016
The employees are great people. You may have some work life balance, when everything is working in g ood order. Management is not good at understanding weekends off. worked for over a year and half with one raise. Others that report to supervision and management often get raises on time. The job is not bad it's the people that are in competition for control.
Pros
Good Luncheons
Cons
Horrible Environment
Manage-what?
Beat down and looking for a way out (Current Employee) –  Foster Veneer Sweet Home OrAugust 10, 2015
If your looking for back stabbing than come here it's the best. They are always looking for a new scape goat.

Maintenance leadership is out for themselves. No repair goes without multiple failures. Parts are always incorrect and repairs are done without proper preparations leaving a myriad of unsafe working conditions. Don't tell then that though because the banners all over the mill say safety first and bringing up issues just puts a target on your back. Production over all else at this plant no matter what they tell you.

They also like to keep management that sexually harass members of their crew. They will also keep "leaders" that target and harass certain people and continually degrade and belittle them. Those two were just investigated internally by Weyerhaeuser and still have a job. I guess when your management your safe no matter what you do.

Just don't make waves and you won't drown. Always be a yes man and you won't have to worry. Stay off day shift and be invisible.
Pros
Pay & benefits
Cons
Management and the company's willingness to look the other way.
Weyerhaeuser
Senior Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 11, 2016
Weyerhaeuser has been a very good company to work for over the years. As with most other companies, they have downsized and changed into a leaner organization. They are also re-inventing themselves. I have worked with a lot of fantastic people here over the 15 years I have been here. When you work in the voice/data field, you should always have the desire to learn new technology. Weyerhaeuser has afforded this opportunity to me.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes afraid to make changes to outdated technolody and old infrastructure
doesn't care about employees
billet tender (Current Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAJune 7, 2016
this company has done nothing but gone down hill every year for the last 7 years at least. every time we think it can't get worse, it does. we have worked less than 40 hrs a wk for more than half the year for the last 4-5 years. the cost of labor adjustment that we are supposed to get yearly we have only received twice in the past 7 years. management has ran this plant in the ground. it used to be a great place to work with competitive pay and benefits. now you don't work enough hours to be able to pay your bills. when we are working our regular hours we have to save all that money to go with our tax return to make it through the slow times. management only cares about corporate and their bonus. they do not pass the profits on to their employees. they profited 40 million last year at this facility and the biggest cost of labor adjustment was like 30 cents. some of the managers go back and take time off your time card because they don't want you to have that many hours, even though they told you that you could get forty hours. seniority means absolutely nothing out here. supervisors that have been here for over 20 years get fired over personal differences, things that have nothing to do with work. very little chance for advancement.
Pros
job close to home
Cons
pay, benefits, schedule changes with no notice, cut hours
Safety is key
Senior Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 1, 2016
Weyerhaeuser's guiding principle is workplace safety. They truly do lead in that area. As such, it is a good place to work. In that, there is also a fair amount of freedom to grow as well. As a 100 year old company, they are still learning to become a modern in many ways.
Pros
Smart, commited people.
Cons
some uncompesated work.
Really Good Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeQueen ArAugust 8, 2016
Learned so much from this environmental project for the cleanup of a closed pole treating plant. Company provided very good on going educational training. Loved this job.
Pros
health insurance, good pay, some traveling
Cons
jobs like this end after cleanup
good
log scaler, millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORJune 16, 2016
The company is keen on training employees well and promoting from within. The owners care for their employees and have numerous health and wellness programs, They also have retirement and health benefits.
Everyone I work with is very nice and easy to get along with.
safe and great place to work
Billet tender (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAJune 16, 2016
The most enjoyable part of job is the people I worked around they were very helpful and easy to get along with. Weyerhaueser is the type of company that is real big on safe if you couldn't work safe you wasn't working at all.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
Another Family
Mid Rotation Forester (Former Employee) –  Millport, ALJune 1, 2016
Work is repetitive with lots of good people to work with. Benefits are good with limited opportunity for advancement. No one is looking over your shoulder and you get the chance to create your own work day.
Pros
Training is avaliable
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement
They have really cut down on employee benefits even though we are past 500 days injury free.
Production Team Member (Current Employee) –  Zwolle, LAOctober 6, 2015
A typical day varies from day to day. The turn over rate can be an issue with that at times. I have learned how to drive another type of forklift and operate many different kinds of machinery. The management could use some improvement on handling various situations in the proper way. My co-workers were like family. The hardest part are the hours and having to switch from days to nights. I make decent money to provide for my family.
Fun environment
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Murrysville, PADecember 10, 2015
Management tried to promote with in. They had a great mentor-ship program that helped advance hourly associates. Tuition re-reimbursement program was an added benefit that helped many,
fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMarch 25, 2016
I moved out of state and was never able to work for this company permanent. The atmosphere was always good and people were always willing to help you when you needed it.
production based company dealing with lumber.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Vanceboro, NCMarch 12, 2016
The employees there are fun to work with, you have the opportunity to move up in entry levels. Its a production company that deals with lumber.
Pros
advance in entry levels
Cons
short lunches
exciting place to work
Eastern Regional Manager / Wood procurement (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 4, 2016
Weyerhaeuser purchased the smaller company I worked for in 1999. Weyerhaeuser was a huge company and we transitioned thru many changes that were mostly positive. I had to learn how to turn a big ship as opposed to a row boat. I found the "new to me" co-workers very helpful.
My biggest challenge was to continue sourcing raw materials for our manufacturing plants from our now competitors. To accomplish this task was extremely rewarding.