Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser United States Employee Reviews

Productive Place
Supervisor (Current Employee), Natchitoches, LAApril 21, 2015
A good company to work for. Very safety conscious, and great benefits for the family. The pay is satisfactory as well. I've learned how to manage with a short crew, during stressful times, and have succeeded in all that has been in front of me.
Good place to work and I leaned new skills.
Forklift (Former Employee), Concord, NCApril 20, 2015
Pros: working with a talented team
Cons: healthcare
A Typical Dat was Picking lumber with forklift for customers putting it on a flatbed truck. I learned how to run a chain saw and maneuver forklift around.

Coworkers were good to work with, Learning new skills and being around team players was a plus and the most pleasant part of my job.
Work Life Balance
Engineered Lumber Mill Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Sweet Home OregonApril 19, 2015
Working at a plant, the work life balance is hard for my family and I. As I am currently the graveyard supervisor, the overnight hours do not work with my family and I.
Dedicated to a safe work environment and quality products.
Production Supervisor-Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Buckhannon, WVMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Safe work environment.
Weyerhaeuser is dedicated to being a socially responsible employer. It provides opportunities in people development. Weyerhaeuser is dedicated to being a truly great company for it's shareholders, customers and employees.
Fun working environment with interesting co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Federal Way, WashingtonFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: great working environment
Cons: economy forced thousands of lay offs
There was never a typical day at Weyerhaeuser. With each job I held there, there was always a surprise or unexpected issues that needed to be addressed. As Admin I spent many days scheduling complex meetings...anything from One-on-One meetings to entire Department meetings...organizing all meetings logistics as well.

My co-workers were the best bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure to work with. I still keep in touch with many of them.

Although I held a few different positions within Weyerhaeuser, my jobs never ended there. I would pitch in wherever necessary to ensure that things got done.
Was not a fun place to work
Sort Yard/Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Longview, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Long hours, no appreciation for job well done. Company does not care much about its employees. Supervisor created a poor working relationship with her immediate reports.
Pretty good place to work
IT Specialist (Current Employee), work from homeFebruary 2, 2015
layoffs occur every couple of years. my manager has been wonderful to work with over the years. changing culture, out with the old and in with the new.
Good employer
Region Services Manager (Former Employee), Longview WAJanuary 30, 2015
Weyerhaeuser is a good company to work for. The work is interesting and the compensation is good. Longview is a large manufacturing complex.
Good people to work for, and with.
Accountant & Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: the people.
Cons: reduction in benefits, continuous layoffs.
A typical day at work includes socializing and collaborating with coworkers. I learned much about collaboration, leadership styles, and how to do more with less resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people.
Good opportunity for experience, poor work culture
Associate Engineer (Former Employee), Longview, WAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: pay, management, experience, advancement opportunity
Cons: stress, long days, culture, attitude, hard to spell company name
I was an Associate Engineering. I thought the pay was reasonable, but I found myself committing most of my life to this stressful work environment (which I expected, so I wasn't too shocked). I normally would have no issue with this, but their was no sense of gratification that came along with it. The engineering and process managers were fantastic; they cared a significant amount about their employees and process. Though the bureaucratic structure of this large company seemed to always interfere with getting work done.

There was some definite need for improvement in the Associate's program. If I was not an outgoing individual, I could have sat at my desk for months without anyone caring.

The culture at the mill just seemed lost. Many employees were not motivated enough to do their job well. Others were very argumentative. More gossip than a high school hallway. Ultimately, the vibe didn't match my personality.

Ending on a plus side, I think it is a great place to work and gain some useful experience. There are plenty of advancement opportunities as well. If that's the market you're in, I would at least try Weyerhaeuser out.
A fun place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Oil City, PAJanuary 23, 2015
a day at weyerhaeuser is to pack up lumber for shipping. friendly enviroment
A great place to learn Plumbing and Heating during High School
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Salinas, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Had a great time working through high school with this company as a helper, and great pay.
Overall this was a good company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Westland, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Typical day was providing accurate and timely orders filled with treated lumber and building material products to all the Home Depot stores in Michigan and Northern Ohio. The hardest part of the job was learning all the material provided to the different lumber yards across Michigan. Co-workers and Management had a good working relationship and good communication between each other.
Great work environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Millport, AlabamaJanuary 12, 2015
Conduct various timber operations. I learned how to work as a team and use modern forestry technology.
good company
Production Technician/Fiberization (Former Employee), Columbus, MSJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: 401 k
Cons: shift work is hard on your family life
I had over twenty years with this company . Overall a good place to work.
A great place to work
Production Manager (Current Employee), New Bern, NCDecember 12, 2014
Great employees, it is a building infrastructure. The people takes a little time to get to trust you but they soon come around.
Strong sales focus
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Henrico, VADecember 4, 2014
New sales office with emphasis on sales volume and margin. Friendly office environment. Strong desire to please the customer. Fast-paced office. Was in supporting role to ISR / DSR, and product managers.
Great work place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2014
Performed mechanical adjustments to insure proper running of the machines for the production of quality products. Maintained appropriate stock of inventory according to company policies and procedures. Guaranteed customer satisfaction by communicating directly with the consumers to verify requisitions prior to completing jobsForklift Operator ,Shipped and received inventory, loaded and unloaded products onto pallets, separated and sent products to appropriate destinations.
Demonstrated my understanding of complex computer systems by accurately entering data and setting schedules to meet production requirements
Wonderful place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 21, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: work slow down
Provided raw material to machine operator and ran machines while operators was on breaks. Loaded raw material on to the machines and loaded finished product onto the trucks using a forklift.
We had a covered area outside to eat and smoke,really nice in the summer.
Wax Operator, Flexo Operator, Dye Cutter Operator (Former Employee), Golden, CONovember 10, 2014
Pros: the job itself was a good job, plus free food ounce a week if we made goal witch we did.
Cons: some orders were harder then others, but it was a challenger but i liked that in a way too.
Fora work day I would look at the schedule and see what we would have to run that day and get everything set up a head of time.And run the machine. I learned the Waxer, the Fleos, the Dye-cutters but there was different types of these machines but that had the same names. Management was really nice the plant manager would walk around everyday to see how everyone was doing, he even new all of our names by heart. Co-workers were alright, we were all kinda spaced out so we were never really side by side.The most hardest part of the job I would say would be keeping the ink a a constant thickness, because a lot of the time the ink would get either to thick or way to thin. We were treated in a fair way.

1 2 3 4 5

About Weyerhaeuser

If a tree falls in a Weyerhaeuser forest, someone is there to hear it -- and he has a chainsaw. The forest products company produces – Read more

Weyerhaeuser Salaries