Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

Management sucks
Press department (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAJuly 18, 2017
They set unrealistic goals, threaten to fire or write you up when you don't complete the 20 different task they assign you.They preach team work but always assign you to do a task alone when the task requires 2-3 people.They have outsourced their hiring to a temp agency, so it's a constant process of firing for the smallest mistake, hiring, and training of new people.Which takes a toll on the full time employees and it creates problems in safety ,quality of products and quantity of products.
Pros
Its better than not having a job
Cons
Short breaks and unrealistic goal
Good money, great people
Backup Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 14, 2017
Great place to work. People are willing to train you to do your job. You can make a career out of this company. Benefits are also great. There is always overtime available.
Solid environment
Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2017
I worked here during a difficult time, when the company was being pushed by investors to break apart. Then the housing crash happened and thousands upon thousands of layoffs and facility closures followed. It's now just a REIT as opposed to the Fortune 100 multi-national corp it once was. But at the time, very normal, buttoned-up but solid work culture.
Many good years
Production Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCJuly 6, 2017
Great company to work for. The employee is given the opportunity to learn and grow, if they want to. Good pay. Good benefits. Weyerhaeuser gave me daily accountability for my own activities.
Worst "big" company to work in Columbia county
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Emerson, ARJune 28, 2017
Weyerhaeuser has struggled operating this mill as well other mills in the south. Stock price has hovered at $30 for many years under Weyerhaeuser's leadership. The corporate office is too far disconnected from the mills and tend to expect unrealistic results. The mill is old with much of the equipment heavily worn and in disrepair. The pay for both hourly and salary are not competitive for the area. The company intends to stay competitive on salaries in the "industry" instead of being competitive with local industry. Salary positions are usually very long hours with no compensation for working late, or working weekends and holidays. . No much security in salary positions with current upper management. The hourly ranks are cover under the local union. The local union representatives are concerned for their other union "pals" instead of representing the entire workforce. If you like long hours for uncompetitive pay, this maybe a good place for you.
Pros
There are some good folks in the mill to work with.
Cons
Low pay, un realistic expectations, poor job security, poor upper management
Very formal/ridgid culture. Poor work life balance
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 26, 2017
Must be able to fit into a very formal culture. New CEO is an alien from a different planet who only cares about the short term increase in value of his stock options.
Pros
Looks good on a resume
Cons
Was glad to leave.
Great company to work for
Strategic Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 20, 2017
They have divested of many businesses over the years but are in a solid industry and market segment. The moves to Seattle changed a lot of the culture from the days of when they were in Federal Way.
A good job with management problems
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Emerson, ARJune 15, 2017
The company as a whole is a decent company to work for. But at the management level it was in disarray. There has been a big turnover in the management depart lately maybe its better now.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
working in unfiltered smoke daily
Okay company to work for
Utility (Former Employee) –  Emerson, ARJune 12, 2017
The work environment was small and not the best. The only great benefit was the health insurance I got for my family. Management at the location I worked at was poor and did show "favoritism" to certain workers.
Great organizaiton to work for.
Office Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sweet Home, ORJune 8, 2017
I usually start around 6:30 am, Typical day would be to enter data from core sales and hog fuel deliveries. Then I would do the log report, enter sick leave/vacation/personal holidays taken. I would every other week process payroll for 100 plus employees. Process invoicing from various vendors, key/code payment for said vendors. Answer phone and greet visitors.
Pros
Great organization
Cons
I have no growth in my area.

Want to know more about Weyerhaeuser?

Ask a question
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJune 2, 2017
Family type work environment. Safety is first. Ti is a company that is very security and safety prone. They celebrate safety and they conciously go out of their ways to make sure that employees are safe, and they make employees buy into the mind set that safety is first.
Pros
It is a fun place to work.
Cons
The environment is dusty, due to wood particles flying around.
Very good place to work
Recovery and Utilities Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 25, 2017
For a paper mill, this was a very good place to work and develop my career. I was an instrumentation technician for the Recovery and Utilities plant and got to work on many different pieces of equipment to learn more about my craft.
I should have never left...
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GAMay 23, 2017
Great safe place to work. Flexible work schedule and good pay. It is a family ordinate place that allows you to put family 1st. Also VET friendly an National Guard friendly.
Good place to work if you like manual labor and indoors.
Production Hand (Current Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAMay 22, 2017
Fast paced, high stress, relatively dangerous work but it is indoors with fans blowing. Hard manual labor with required breaks. Safety is stressed and you are trained to put it first.
Nice place to work
Office Specialist III-Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAMay 21, 2017
Enjoyed working with staff and employees. Staff was accommodating and always willing to provide assistance and advice when needed. Duties assigned were not challenging enough for my experience.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
Duties not challenging
Nice place to work.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Castleberry, ALMay 19, 2017
Had an employee that I couldn't work with that cost me my job. I didn't handle the situation correctly and could only move forward and learn from it. I greatly enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Work schedule
Cons
Hard to think of any that was the company's fault.
bad career
TRANSACTION CENTER ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 17, 2017
worst place to work. favoritism runs rampant. work in Seattle but paid Tacoma wages. Poor management. No growth opportunities. Unethical. commute is horrible - 1.5 hours one way.
Pros
orca card is paid for
Cons
low pay, long hours, bad managers, favortism, unethical, retaliatory
Shift work
Control room operator (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAMay 12, 2017
If you are proactive and willing to put the effort in you can move up the ladder very fast. Everyone is willing to help if there are questions that arise.
Large and Medium Flexo-gluer Assistant Operator (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 2, 2017
Supervisors were promoted with-in. I really liked working here. The hours were good. We worked some weekends. I enjoyed the cross training so i wasn't on the same machine all the time.
Pros
Pay, Environment
Good business
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 1, 2017
The short time I worked at Weyerheauser it was very busy and all of the employees got along. I did not feel like it was a lifelong company to work for due to no 401k and not very good medical and dental insurance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weyerhaeuser. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval