Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

Great work place to work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 30, 2014
Performed mechanical adjustments to insure proper running of the machines for the production of quality products. Maintained appropriate stock of inventory according to company policies and procedures. Guaranteed customer satisfaction by communicating directly with the consumers to verify requisitions prior to completing jobsForklift Operator ,Shipped and received inventory, loaded and unloaded products onto pallets, separated and sent products to appropriate destinations.
Demonstrated my understanding of complex computer systems by accurately entering data and setting schedules to meet production requirements
Wonderful place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, GANovember 21, 2014
Pros: great job
Cons: work slow down
Provided raw material to machine operator and ran machines while operators was on breaks. Loaded raw material on to the machines and loaded finished product onto the trucks using a forklift.
We had a covered area outside to eat and smoke,really nice in the summer.
Wax Operator, Flexo Operator, Dye Cutter Operator (Former Employee), Golden, CONovember 10, 2014
Pros: the job itself was a good job, plus free food ounce a week if we made goal witch we did.
Cons: some orders were harder then others, but it was a challenger but i liked that in a way too.
Fora work day I would look at the schedule and see what we would have to run that day and get everything set up a head of time.And run the machine. I learned the Waxer, the Fleos, the Dye-cutters but there was different types of these machines but that had the same names. Management was really nice the plant manager would walk around everyday to see how everyone was doing, he even new all of our names by heart. Co-workers were alright, we were all kinda spaced out so we were never really side by side.The most hardest part of the job I would say would be keeping the ink a a constant thickness, because a lot of the time the ink would get either to thick or way to thin. We were treated in a fair way.
Always Productive with this company
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Columbus, MSOctober 30, 2014
Management good with this company, only worked short time for rebuild.
Production company
Press Operator (Former Employee), Eugene, OROctober 29, 2014
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: management is disconnected
Production based, can be fun depending on the shift you work. There is gain sharing available.
Good company; environmentally responsible; diversified
SR COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGER, Carlsbad, CA (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good people, great locations.
Cons: subject to market issues
Good people to work with, especially in lower management. Excellent support, great locations.
Automation / Process Control
Process Technician (Current Employee), New Bern, NCOctober 11, 2014
enjoy it greatly adds growth in balance with goal to manage better.
I was hired as a 3rd. shift maintenance machinist, working alone with an electrician
Maintenance Machinist (Former Employee), Barrington, NJOctober 10, 2014
Pros: i could easily convince my supervisor on cost saving projects or safety.
Cons: working alone can can be a real challenge.
I would arrive 1/2 hour early to get a carryover from 2nd. shift( 2 man shift).When they left ,I would roll my toolbox to the corrugator (100yrds. long and ran a 110 inch web) There were 9 finishing
machines with a mile of conveyor but the corrugator had to run because downtime was measured at 7,000 $ an hour. At the corr.
I would go up and down each side as it ran and look for bad rolls and bearings and such. I referred to my supervisor as my partner and
he called me Mcguiver. If there were no problems at the corr. I would go back to the machine shop and work on projects and work orders.
When working alone there came many times where I had to be
creative to finish the jobs. There were 7 machinists on daywork and
they had complete respect for my work as 1st. class.
Long hours and challenging labor consession.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Aurora, ILSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: little leadership. management managed from a desk.
Great place to polish and develop unorthodox leadership styles when dealing with union bargaining. The hardest part of the job was to define management goals. Management did not support out-of-the-box decisions to meet production.
Hands on knowledge was shared by all
Ergonomic Chairperson/OP (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 12, 2014
Working a I2 hour day was common but the people I worked with made it easier.
working
Green End - Utility (Former Employee), Emerson, ARSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: great breaks, safety first, employee focused
Cons: building is an open warehouse, summer and winter in southern arkansas
Everyone starts as an green chain off-bearer which is okay it is not difficult work. You get a break ever 90 minute for 15 min and 25 min for lunch. there is also the training period which last about 2 weeks because they are real serious about safety. it is not for show safety is their number one concern. Overall I liked it but it was not the job i wanted I just needed something to pay the bills until the job my degree was for arrived
Hands on fire fighting, every day is differnt
Process Owner (Current Employee), Longview, WAAugust 26, 2014
Pros: ability to work both independently and in team environments
Cons: culture change needed to bring operation to world class
Fast paced manufacturing operation where troubleshooting, engineering, people skills and time management are tested on a daily if not hourly basis. A typical day consists of optimizing day to day operations, with a heavy focus on safety and environmental compliance. In addition, long term planning, corporate goal alignment and cost cutting are at the fore front of most project work. Throughout my 12 years with Weyerhaeuser I have learned to set priorities, work within allotted budgets and push for change that will drive down costs and increase reliability.
If back stabbing and micromanaging is what you want.
MILLWRIGHT (Former Employee), Sweethome, ORAugust 6, 2014
Pros: hourly staff is awsome to work for
Cons: if your not salary watch your back, you are expendable.
There is no care for the people here unless you are Salary/ Management. This company use to be a good company to work for but with the micromanaging and the lack of caring for their people this company is going down hill. I made several sacrifices for this company to be a better employee for them and when it came down to financial issues was the first one to be cut. Might not be Weyerhaeuser in a whole but the Foster Division is terrible.
Pretty good
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2014
As a company Weyerhaeuser is good to work for. It really depends on your position in the company as to whether or not they share information with you.
Productive place to work and always learning something new.
Journeyman III Electrical and Instrumentation (Current Employee), Bruce, MSJuly 16, 2014
A typical day at Weyerhaeuser is always a learning experience
Good pay but continous lay offs
Die -cut Box Machine Operator (Former Employee), Tolleson, AZJuly 15, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: lay offs
Lay offs were often and unpredictable. Knowledgeable management.
Very Organized
Electrician Mechanic (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: little time off
The company lives by SOP's . There is a job to be done , lets do it attitude. Pay was very fair
Safety was #1 with this company and they lived it by example.
Raises were yearly . Cost of living and also merit increases plus
Bonuses for safety and Profit sharing..
Warehouse job. Hot, repetitive.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Irving TXJune 30, 2014
Pros: turkey at thanksgiving, ham at christmas.
Cons: short breaks, hot. micro-managed.
I worked in Irving for this company about 13 yrs ago.
Very loud, so your day is managed by buzzers.
A buzzer tells you when to be working and when to be on break.
If it is work time, it is very likely a supervisor will be watching you.
This is similar to other warehouse jobs tho.
Drove a fork-lift and did allot of stacking before making it to assistant machine op.
Company would spring 4 extra hrs of mandatory overtime on you at the end of your shift sometimes.
As a bonus they did give turkeys at thanksgiving.
Good people and culture
VP - Marketing and Public Relations (Former Employee), Bellevue, WAJune 22, 2014
Thoughtful leadership at all levels. Well run company. The R/E Division was fun and challenging.
Great work atmosphere
Lab Technician II (Current Employee), Federal Way, WAJune 16, 2014
Pros: in federal way
Cons: no guarentee of next lay offs
Hard work for low pay. Learned a lot with co workers. Management was great. The hardest part was finding another place of employment.

About Weyerhaeuser

If a tree falls in a Weyerhaeuser forest, someone is there to hear it -- and he has a chainsaw. The forest products company produces – Read more

Weyerhaeuser Salaries