Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

Good pay, long hours
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Natchitoches, LA%443August 16, 2017
12 hr days/nights, inconsistent following of policy, very hot, they hire obvious idiots and keep them around. Management lies, overworked, if you're on night shift it's very hard to speak to a higher manager because they are never there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Productive, self-paced work environment. Very fulfilling.
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Elkin, NCAugust 15, 2017
I started working at Weyerhaeuser in Elkin, NC on 02/08/1988. My wife is a teacher with Yadkin County Schools so I got my Class B CDL with passenger endorsement to drive field trips and such and then moved in to substitute driver position, all while still working at Weyerhaeuser. In 2010, with the downturn in the economy and my firefighting and 1st Responder experience, I decided to go to Surry Community College to become a Paramedic. I left Weyerhaeuser in February 2011 and worked full time at Yadkin County EMS. I went back to Weyerhaeuser full time in February 2012 to same job and employment status as when I left. They really like my work and attention to detail. I continued to work at Yadkin EMS for 4 more years until the stress of sickness, death started causing sleepless nights. I've been driving a dump truck for Ace Grading on a part time basis for the past 6 months but it is on an as needed basis.
Pros
Every other weekend off and days off during the week
Cons
Rotating shifts every 2 weeks
Not the place to be with young children .
Utility (Former Employee) –  Emerson, ARAugust 10, 2017
Unless you have years in this is not the company to be with young children. You are faulted if the child gets sick or has a dr appointment when your not on FMLA and your not eligible for FMLA until you've been employed a full year .
very productive and you always have something to do
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Grifton, NCJuly 30, 2017
typical day there was fast pace, learned how to work different machinery and the hardest part is working in extreme temperatures at times. the most enjoyable part is knowing i have a great team to work with with
Pros
management acknowledges your hard work
Cons
extreme temperatures at times
A fast paced lumber yard.
Certified Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Bruce, MSJuly 23, 2017
Weyerhaeuser is a lumber mill located in Bruce, Mississippi. It is a fast-paced work of life. They have great benefits including dental and vision. It is a great place to work.
Fast Paced, Independent Environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dodson, LAJuly 23, 2017
EVERYTHING there is very fast paced with a whole lot to do. Sometimes you have to push your breaks/lunch back just to get your required production done. No one wants to help when its needed because it will set them back. NO TEAMWORK AT ALL
Pros
Benefits, Safety regards, Sometimes Paid lunch
Cons
No Teamwork, alot of expectations with little time
Not a fun place to work.
Machine Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 20, 2017
My particular job was quite painful. Extremely arduous and fatiguing I do not recommend anyone to work here as a laborer. This employer does not treat its blue collar workers as humans.
Management sucks
Press department (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAJuly 18, 2017
They set unrealistic goals, threaten to fire or write you up when you don't complete the 20 different task they assign you.They preach team work but always assign you to do a task alone when the task requires 2-3 people.They have outsourced their hiring to a temp agency, so it's a constant process of firing for the smallest mistake, hiring, and training of new people.Which takes a toll on the full time employees and it creates problems in safety ,quality of products and quantity of products.
Pros
Its better than not having a job
Cons
Short breaks and unrealistic goal
Good money, great people
Backup Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 14, 2017
Great place to work. People are willing to train you to do your job. You can make a career out of this company. Benefits are also great. There is always overtime available.
Solid environment
Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2017
I worked here during a difficult time, when the company was being pushed by investors to break apart. Then the housing crash happened and thousands upon thousands of layoffs and facility closures followed. It's now just a REIT as opposed to the Fortune 100 multi-national corp it once was. But at the time, very normal, buttoned-up but solid work culture.
Many good years
Production Support (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCJuly 6, 2017
Great company to work for. The employee is given the opportunity to learn and grow, if they want to. Good pay. Good benefits. Weyerhaeuser gave me daily accountability for my own activities.
Worst "big" company to work in Columbia county
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Emerson, ARJune 28, 2017
Weyerhaeuser has struggled operating this mill as well other mills in the south. Stock price has hovered at $30 for many years under Weyerhaeuser's leadership. The corporate office is too far disconnected from the mills and tend to expect unrealistic results. The mill is old with much of the equipment heavily worn and in disrepair. The pay for both hourly and salary are not competitive for the area. The company intends to stay competitive on salaries in the "industry" instead of being competitive with local industry. Salary positions are usually very long hours with no compensation for working late, or working weekends and holidays. . No much security in salary positions with current upper management. The hourly ranks are cover under the local union. The local union representatives are concerned for their other union "pals" instead of representing the entire workforce. If you like long hours for uncompetitive pay, this maybe a good place for you.
Pros
There are some good folks in the mill to work with.
Cons
Low pay, un realistic expectations, poor job security, poor upper management
Very formal/ridgid culture. Poor work life balance
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 26, 2017
Must be able to fit into a very formal culture. New CEO is an alien from a different planet who only cares about the short term increase in value of his stock options.
Pros
Looks good on a resume
Cons
Was glad to leave.
Great company to work for
Strategic Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 20, 2017
They have divested of many businesses over the years but are in a solid industry and market segment. The moves to Seattle changed a lot of the culture from the days of when they were in Federal Way.
A good job with management problems
Industrial Electrician (Former Employee) –  Emerson, ARJune 15, 2017
The company as a whole is a decent company to work for. But at the management level it was in disarray. There has been a big turnover in the management depart lately maybe its better now.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
working in unfiltered smoke daily
Okay company to work for
Utility (Former Employee) –  Emerson, ARJune 12, 2017
The work environment was small and not the best. The only great benefit was the health insurance I got for my family. Management at the location I worked at was poor and did show "favoritism" to certain workers.
Great organizaiton to work for.
Office Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sweet Home, ORJune 8, 2017
I usually start around 6:30 am, Typical day would be to enter data from core sales and hog fuel deliveries. Then I would do the log report, enter sick leave/vacation/personal holidays taken. I would every other week process payroll for 100 plus employees. Process invoicing from various vendors, key/code payment for said vendors. Answer phone and greet visitors.
Pros
Great organization
Cons
I have no growth in my area.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJune 2, 2017
Family type work environment. Safety is first. Ti is a company that is very security and safety prone. They celebrate safety and they conciously go out of their ways to make sure that employees are safe, and they make employees buy into the mind set that safety is first.
Pros
It is a fun place to work.
Cons
The environment is dusty, due to wood particles flying around.
Very good place to work
Recovery and Utilities Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 25, 2017
For a paper mill, this was a very good place to work and develop my career. I was an instrumentation technician for the Recovery and Utilities plant and got to work on many different pieces of equipment to learn more about my craft.
I should have never left...
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Wentworth, GAMay 23, 2017
Great safe place to work. Flexible work schedule and good pay. It is a family ordinate place that allows you to put family 1st. Also VET friendly an National Guard friendly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weyerhaeuser. Our community is ready to answer.