Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

Safety is key
Senior Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 1, 2016
Weyerhaeuser's guiding principle is workplace safety. They truly do lead in that area. As such, it is a good place to work. In that, there is also a fair amount of freedom to grow as well. As a 100 year old company, they are still learning to become a modern in many ways.
Pros
Smart, commited people.
Cons
some uncompesated work.
Another Family
Mid Rotation Forester (Former Employee) –  Millport, ALJune 1, 2016
Work is repetitive with lots of good people to work with. Benefits are good with limited opportunity for advancement. No one is looking over your shoulder and you get the chance to create your own work day.
Pros
Training is avaliable
Cons
Lack of opportunity for advancement
My Most extensive experience
maintenance multi-craft technician (Former Employee) –  Grayling, MIApril 28, 2016
Weyerhaeuser Corp was a great place to work. there was plenty of room for advancement. It was a Team Concept culture and it put trust in their employees and held people accountable to be professionals and take pride in personal performance. I personally advanced through the different scales of education and experienced all aspects of Maintenance during my 26 yrs.
I left Weyerhaeuser in 2009 to pursue an additional retirement through the Public school system.
Excellent Organization
Production Management (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAApril 9, 2016
Weyerhaeuser has provided me with an excellent career opportunity and work environment. Weyerhaeuser has enabled my professional growth and industry-specific knowledge.
good job
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, LAApril 4, 2016
very laid back job, nothing is too hard, 12 hour shifts, there is a lot of off time . you are off 2 weekends out the month. hardest part are the long hours and rotating schedule
Pros
good schedule, easy work
Cons
bad insurance, pay
Web saw operator (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAApril 1, 2016
Days go by pretty quickly. Constant steady work pace. Very understandable hours and shift. Lots of veteran knowledge and experience.
Productive work environment
Real Estate Sales North Louisiana Region (Current Employee) –  Taylor, LAMarch 31, 2016
Typical day includes dealing with prospective buyers, map work, updating data base. I learned to manage multiple transaction effectively and how to leverage positions. We were given freedom to do the job and meet goals. Co-workers are very good to work with everyone assist one another. Hardest job is dealing with changing conditions that come down from corporate. Most enjoyable part of job is making good sales and making good acquisitions.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
confusiong direction at times
fun place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMarch 25, 2016
I moved out of state and was never able to work for this company permanent. The atmosphere was always good and people were always willing to help you when you needed it.
Very unorganized
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Raymond, WAMarch 15, 2016
Slow to make decisions, have meeting after meeting but never solve or directly address the issues at hand. Weyco is too big to fail otherwise the already would have
Pros
Great crew
Cons
bad management
production based company dealing with lumber.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Vanceboro, NCMarch 12, 2016
The employees there are fun to work with, you have the opportunity to move up in entry levels. Its a production company that deals with lumber.
Pros
advance in entry levels
Cons
short lunches
Weyerhaeuser
Senior Telecommunications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 11, 2016
Weyerhaeuser has been a very good company to work for over the years. As with most other companies, they have downsized and changed into a leaner organization. They are also re-inventing themselves. I have worked with a lot of fantastic people here over the 15 years I have been here. When you work in the voice/data field, you should always have the desire to learn new technology. Weyerhaeuser has afforded this opportunity to me.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes afraid to make changes to outdated technolody and old infrastructure
Extremely productive and motivational seeing everyone working together
entry level (Former Employee) –  Emerson, ARJanuary 25, 2016
A typical day at work is just that work nothing difficult about the processes, I go in do what I was trained to do to my full ability. Working their showed me a lot, taught me how to work better with others and push myself to extreme measures.Management was great, always making sure the employees comprehended the daily assignments and the responsibilities. My co-workers were a helping hand when needed. The hours was the hardest but after I adjusted my sleeping pattern the long hours didn't affect me.I enjoyed learning new ways to overcome problems and obstacles whenever I did come across one.
Great workplace though a very unstable environment
A/R (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 21, 2016
Love the people and the flexibility of work schedules, but seems a never-ending carousel of divestitures and layoffs. Not the most secure work environment anymore.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, people
Cons
recurring layoffs, moving to Seattle
Overall a good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 12, 2016
Safety is the #1 Priorty. My co-workers were like a big family and I enjoyed working with them. Management was always in the position to keep their employees frustrated. Like holding a carrot in front of your face that you could never reach. Their training program was a complete joke because there was none. Employees that had been with the company foe 10 years or more never was able to have a pay advancement because their so-called training program changed every year. Seemed like they wanted to keep their employees moral down.
exciting place to work
Eastern Regional Manager / Wood procurement (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 4, 2016
Weyerhaeuser purchased the smaller company I worked for in 1999. Weyerhaeuser was a huge company and we transitioned thru many changes that were mostly positive. I had to learn how to turn a big ship as opposed to a row boat. I found the "new to me" co-workers very helpful.
My biggest challenge was to continue sourcing raw materials for our manufacturing plants from our now competitors. To accomplish this task was extremely rewarding.
Nice company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Zwolle, LADecember 31, 2015
Large company with numerous locations with room to grow and develop. Some locations are located in rural areas throughout the country.
Productive and fair workplace
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 18, 2015
Enjoyed working for Weyerhaeuser.
Great co-workers. Very flexible and cared about their employees. Good company to work for.
Great!
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Hot Springs National Park, ARDecember 17, 2015
Great environment! Has been a part of the community for years. The local and regional leaders care for their employees.
Fun environment
Site Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Murrysville, PADecember 10, 2015
Management tried to promote with in. They had a great mentor-ship program that helped advance hourly associates. Tuition re-reimbursement program was an added benefit that helped many,
Used to be a great place to work
Finance (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 22, 2015
Weyerhaeuser used to be a great place to work with a lot of opportunity for growth and development. In the last 10 years the constant reductions due to the economic downturn have not stopped. Instead of opportunity for growth, departments are constantly focused on reducing SG&A (headcount). Through all this, they still have excellent managers who care about their people, but the morale is very low.
Pros
Good Beneftis
Cons
Constant headcount reductions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weyerhaeuser. Our community is ready to answer.