Weyerhaeuser Employee Reviews

Don't care about people
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches,LAJune 23, 2015
Bad planning, no strategy on people development. HR is only a payroll department and works to protect company.

Good plant management and working conditions.
Pros
working environment
Cons
People respect
A place of learning and making close friendships
operations billing clerk (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 3, 2015
I learned how to multitask and negoitiate dealing with people. I also was the "go to" person and was assigned more responsibilites as time went on. The company was wonderful to me when I had to take a medical leave. Tey were very supportive of me.
Pros
Able to learn more systems on the computer
Cons
Wasn't able to have flex hours
Accounting department is a good place to work
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMay 12, 2015
I have worked here for 2 years and it have been a rollercoaster ride with layoffs and moving to Seattle but I enjoyed it.You will learn so much about trees it is amazing but quite interesting. The compensation is average, pay is good for the area but benefits and vacation are not great. The company tries to do things throughout the year to keep employees involved such as a yearly picnic and a diaper drive. Good place to work but it is unfortunately they will be leaving the beautiful campus and building behind in Federal Way and moving to the crowded area of Seattle.
Pros
Good Pay, great coworkers, interesting business
Cons
Poor Benefits and little vacation
Very professional company to work for.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSApril 22, 2015
My time there was very enjoyable. I have always enjoyed interaction with others and this job afforded me that opportunity. All of the workers there were always very professional and easy to work with, therefore making my time there a very nice experience. The atmosphere there was usually very hectic and I was fine with this, as I do much better in those situations.
Pros
Easy working atmosphere, good fellow employees and good benefits.
Cons
The distance I lived from there.
Productive Place
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAApril 21, 2015
A good company to work for. Very safety conscious, and great benefits for the family. The pay is satisfactory as well. I've learned how to manage with a short crew, during stressful times, and have succeeded in all that has been in front of me.
Good place to work and I leaned new skills.
Forklift (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCApril 20, 2015
A Typical Dat was Picking lumber with forklift for customers putting it on a flatbed truck. I learned how to run a chain saw and maneuver forklift around.

Coworkers were good to work with, Learning new skills and being around team players was a plus and the most pleasant part of my job.
Pros
working with a talented team
Cons
healthcare
Work Life Balance
Engineered Lumber Mill Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sweet Home OregonApril 19, 2015
Working at a plant, the work life balance is hard for my family and I. As I am currently the graveyard supervisor, the overnight hours do not work with my family and I.
Dedicated to a safe work environment and quality products.
Production Supervisor-Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVMarch 28, 2015
Weyerhaeuser is dedicated to being a socially responsible employer. It provides opportunities in people development. Weyerhaeuser is dedicated to being a truly great company for it's shareholders, customers and employees.
Pros
Safe work environment.
Fun working environment with interesting co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WashingtonFebruary 20, 2015
There was never a typical day at Weyerhaeuser. With each job I held there, there was always a surprise or unexpected issues that needed to be addressed. As Admin I spent many days scheduling complex meetings...anything from One-on-One meetings to entire Department meetings...organizing all meetings logistics as well.

My co-workers were the best bunch of people I've ever had the pleasure to work with. I still keep in touch with many of them.

Although I held a few different positions within Weyerhaeuser, my jobs never ended there. I would pitch in wherever necessary to ensure that things got done.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
economy forced thousands of lay offs
Was not a fun place to work
Sort Yard/Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAFebruary 17, 2015
Long hours, no appreciation for job well done. Company does not care much about its employees. Supervisor created a poor working relationship with her immediate reports.
Pretty good place to work
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  work from homeFebruary 2, 2015
layoffs occur every couple of years. my manager has been wonderful to work with over the years. changing culture, out with the old and in with the new.
Good employer
Region Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Longview WAJanuary 30, 2015
Weyerhaeuser is a good company to work for. The work is interesting and the compensation is good. Longview is a large manufacturing complex.
Good people to work for, and with.
Accountant & Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work includes socializing and collaborating with coworkers. I learned much about collaboration, leadership styles, and how to do more with less resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with good people.
Pros
the people.
Cons
reduction in benefits, continuous layoffs.
Good opportunity for experience, poor work culture
Associate Engineer (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAJanuary 23, 2015
I was an Associate Engineering. I thought the pay was reasonable, but I found myself committing most of my life to this stressful work environment (which I expected, so I wasn't too shocked). I normally would have no issue with this, but their was no sense of gratification that came along with it. The engineering and process managers were fantastic; they cared a significant amount about their employees and process. Though the bureaucratic structure of this large company seemed to always interfere with getting work done.

There was some definite need for improvement in the Associate's program. If I was not an outgoing individual, I could have sat at my desk for months without anyone caring.

The culture at the mill just seemed lost. Many employees were not motivated enough to do their job well. Others were very argumentative. More gossip than a high school hallway. Ultimately, the vibe didn't match my personality.

Ending on a plus side, I think it is a great place to work and gain some useful experience. There are plenty of advancement opportunities as well. If that's the market you're in, I would at least try Weyerhaeuser out.
Pros
pay, management, experience, advancement opportunity
Cons
stress, long days, culture, attitude, hard to spell company name
A fun place to work
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oil City, PAJanuary 23, 2015
a day at weyerhaeuser is to pack up lumber for shipping. friendly enviroment
A great place to learn Plumbing and Heating during High School
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Had a great time working through high school with this company as a helper, and great pay.
Overall this was a good company to work for.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJanuary 15, 2015
Typical day was providing accurate and timely orders filled with treated lumber and building material products to all the Home Depot stores in Michigan and Northern Ohio. The hardest part of the job was learning all the material provided to the different lumber yards across Michigan. Co-workers and Management had a good working relationship and good communication between each other.
benefits
Great work environment
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Millport, AlabamaJanuary 12, 2015
Conduct various timber operations. I learned how to work as a team and use modern forestry technology.
Very professional, 'can do' team
SNR PROJECT MANAGER/ITIL SME (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, SeattleJanuary 11, 2015
Decentralization and downsizing are key cultural focus right now with many people being laid off in the process.

The downsizing affected team morale, but in spite of this, everyone did their best to deliver their best work.
Pros
professional team
Cons
downsizing limits opportunities
good company
Production Technician/Fiberization (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJanuary 6, 2015
I had over twenty years with this company . Overall a good place to work.
Pros
401 k
Cons
shift work is hard on your family life