WFF FACILITY SERVICES

WFF FACILITY SERVICES Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 2, 2016
I actually love working for wff services. I love that I am open to go to school on campus there if I wanted to. I get to meet new people and the job task is easy but can get risky if your up for a challenge.
steady work flow
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOJanuary 19, 2016
a great friendly work environment learned how to wax strip floors with a great group of guys the hardest part of the job was the hours out the day the most enjoyable was the parties and appreciaion of the company
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Bad place to work. Only go if desperate.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 4, 2016
Will usually hire any applicant that has a clean background. Day starts very early, and is possible to be called in at awkward hours to clean something. Is also possible to be forced into a split shift. For a couple months I worked three days in first shift, and two days in third shift every week. I asked to never have to work on Sunday and was told to work on Sunday a several times regardless. Employees are highly suspicious and distrusting of each other. Not a good work place.
Pros
You earn a little money.
Cons
Too many to count.
I really enjoyed doing floor work at the Seattle University Campus
Floor Tech - Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 9, 2015
I had a wonderful time working in the old buildings of the Seattle University Campus. I had the opportunity to take the floors in these old buildings and make them fresh again. nothing more rewarding
enjoyable place to work
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2015
fun work place with supportive management decent amount of red tape.the most enjoyable part of the job was working along my staff.
Pros
leaving early
Cons
to early morning
Physical, and challenging
Team Lead, Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 24, 2015
Physical employment with no advancements to further career sets and skills for future developments and growth for better reimbursements.
Pros
hours, and pay
Cons
growth disadvantage, consistancy, no benefits.
One of the worse companies I have ever worked for.
Building lead, floor tech (Former Employee) –  Edmond OklahomaAugust 21, 2015
I went into this job knowing it wasn't going to be the best. I still wanted to try. I had 9 different managers in one month, no communication, and no motivation to succeed. What finally did it is I was yelled at for not being to work a "mandatory overtime" Saturday. 5 different managers knew I couldn't not work weekends due to having a special needs child. I even expressed this in my interview. Was told if I don't come in Saturday don't show up Monday.
Pros
None comes to mind.
Cons
Heath care, wage, management
Full Time/ minimum wage
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MiJuly 18, 2015
This place is a stepping stone but not a career or place to advance. After 10 years of dedicated hard work, there are still no pay increases or room for advancement. This job just pretty much gets you by, and you can expect to live pay check to pay check.
Pros
Full Time
Cons
Minimum Wage (permanent) No pay increases
Great Place to work
Director of Custodial (Current Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJuly 15, 2015
My job is ever changing, rewarding,and challenging all in a day. I enjoy being part of the success of others. Treating people as they would want to be treated. I am here for the support of my staff, and I feel upper management is also supportive of me. I started with WFF in 2000 as an Admin, trained and learned the ins and outs of Custodial Support. I am grateful for the knowledge and opportunity I have been given to run my own account for this company. I have successfully ran this account from 2012 to present. I love the interaction from upper management.I feel the company is moving in the right direction to become a very successful place to work.The most enjoyable part of work is the people I work for and with. I love all the interaction.
Pros
Team Work, Overall Attitude, Safety Oriented, Cares about the Staff, Motivational Programs, Benefits for the employees, Great hours, Rewarding, Great people to work with and for.
Cons
Growing Pains, a few bumps and bruises
It is what you make it.
Director (Former Employee) –  USAMay 8, 2015
I was a director for a large account for WFF for many years. My account was successful because I made it so. There was no support from corporate. I saw my boss about every 5 - 6 months, so luckily I was an experienced manager. I got 0 training or indoctrination on reports or anything that was required. I learned what I needed to submit by getting the "where is this?" call. Then to make matters worse, the long time president's contract wasn't renewed and the owner's son-in-law was put in the position. He had no idea what to do and things got even worse. LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR EMPLOYMENT.
Pros
Able to run your own program
Cons
New president
Good environment to work in.
LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2015
My coworkers were very friendly and easy to get along with. I learned how to be a manger/lead, the most enjoyable part of the job was getting my hands dirty meaning actually doing the work.
Nice Place to work
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Worked over here for 3 years,this was my real deal job to be on charge and management,i quit fron this job due to i found another job making more money!!
Lack of proper management
Team Lead, Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 11, 2014
Company was a liability to the reliability of employment for the employers.
clean nursing buliding
Head Custodian (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 29, 2014
a typical day is always to clean all areas of the nursing building I learned to all ways keep the building looking its best the management didn't really do much my co workers really didn't see I clean up the nursing building by myself only had the staff and professor's the day was all ways good.
Truly the Worst Company I Ever Worked for.
Security (Former Employee) –  Lake county iLAugust 5, 2014
I worked for WFF for only 8 months then I couldn't take it any more so I left. I had 3 bosses in that short time. They could care less about there employees. I talked with other people who in past years have gotten a 10 cent an hour raise. People say WFF stands for WORK FOR FREE. Then all the management will tell you they will look into matters. What that really means is they could care less. They are in charge of security but there boss has no clue whats going on. Honestly if your looking for a good company with good benefits stay as far away from WFF as you can. In my 28 years of working without a doubt this company was the worst. If your a supervisor dont waste your time telling them what you think should change because they wont listen. Plus there great at stabbing there supervisors in the back.
Cons
everything about this company
Clueless
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San MarcousMay 21, 2014
Trying to figure out how WFF has made it this far ? Found the management to be very poor.This comes from a company that sells itself on management and organization but it is the complete opposite. They are big on write ups for custodians but let their unqualified supervisors run the show. When they are looking to hire, it seems they look for the most unqualified candidate and someone they can manipulate. I find it hard to believe that after a year on campus they are still having the same problems. They get 10 to 15 email complaints a day and are very disorganized; half the time they have no rags or chemicals to clean with and most of the cleaning machines are broken. They talk of training but who is doing the training ? The supervisors come from a back ground of retail, silk screening tee shirts, etc. The day supervisors clock in 80 hours but work maybe 30. The night supervisor rides around all night flirting with workers and taking smoke breaks. The office assistant is a piece of work. One day they will realize she is leaving early then fixing her hours accordingly to show 40 hours. The lead day supervisor works 3 days a week ? I was there for two months and saw them do nothing but point fingers and blame everyone else. The one common theme around campus was no one knew who the day supervisors were being they have never seen them. Then there is the Regional Manager, nice enough guy but clueless on what he is doing . I do miss the workers; that is why I went back after a year. I miss the people in the buildings. There are a lot of really nice people on that campus that deserve  more... better but are forced to work with WFF which I know if there were a vote WFF would be packing . I spent a year on the campus with the last contractor and can say we didn't have any where close the complaints and the amount of unsatisfied customers as WFF. If you are a company or a facility looking at WFF, check the references and spend time asking around about their services. On most campuses WFF will handle half of the janitorial services and there is usually a second and even a third company handling the other janitorial services as well. If you are a potential management candidate, realize they don't want you for your experience but you are the only one that is still talking to them and don't move and quit your job. It is a bottomless pit with WFF. As of date, they have been on campus going on a year, have gone through three Directors and four Assistant Directors. You figure it out . I feel they are over there heads and clueless.  less
Pros
returned to a nice campus
Cons
wff and there terrible management team.
Productive and fun
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 19, 2014
It was fun and fast. enjoyed the environment. everybody was nice and considerate
Potential to be a great company, but not there yet
Custodial Services Director (Former Employee) –  USAFebruary 24, 2014
90% of my day consisted of updating reports/explaing reports for the Regional Manager and client, occasionnally I was able to perform my duty as director.From the very start WFF communication was poor this comment came from the client themselves. Get used to 12 hour days with multiple trips to and from campus to home. When issues would arise on campus and you reach out to management for help you'll get a email or text much later in the evening around bed time. I learned to document every effort to communicate with management to cover all your bases and look for a very fuel efficient vehicle.
Pros
great support staff
Cons
off-site management, sub-standard communication/direction and poor management follow up
I wish things would have been better within this company.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 4, 2014
A typical work day for me was enjoyable because I loved my job. The people I worked with were magnificent as well. I just wish the pay would have been better and room for advancement.
Pros
great hours, good work environment.
Cons
not great pay, okay management.
good claen place tooo work.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 22, 2013
I enjoyed working in that professional setting .I had very good co-workers and team work was number one on our list.
Pros
the job was close to home.
Cons
no affordable health care, no raises.

2.8