WGL Employee Reviews

Good company
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 8, 2016
Good company. Great benefits and work life balance. Not the place if you want to move up in your career. People tend to remain in their position for 10+ years.
spent my entire career here
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 17, 2016
Worked until retirement. started at the bottom and worked my way up - was a good career I was on the road all day driving various types of vehicles. extremely good at reading map in the days before computerized mapping.

I always got along well with my co workers and we still occasionally get together.

the hardest part of the job were in the beginning when so much of my work was general labor and the hours were long, long,long
Good
Software Engineer/eService Tester (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 13, 2016
At my current position, I prepare a lot of test data documents and I learn from these reports how to help the company make good decisions and having this important role is really motivating for me. I have an enthusiasm for learning new things or a new way to look at a problem. I am always very happy and available to help, mentor and coach my colleagues when they have a question or need a second opinion.
Productive and fun
sale representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 8, 2016
A typical day at work was meeting different cultures and teaching them how to save on their utilities also teaching them how to read their utility bills.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
the long walks
Productive and Adventurous
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 13, 2012
Good company to work for with good benefits and in most jobs there is room for advancement.
Pros
good benefits and will pay for education for advancement within the company.
A company that is regulated by the state drives different cultures and fi=unctions entirely different from most businesses
Manager, Business Process Review (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAOctober 8, 2015
My dream of launching and leading my self-built Lean Six Sigma program is why I came to work for Washington Gas. For two years I have trained, mentored, lead various belts, and delivered on multiple projects of my own. Slowly I was creating this perfect world and a true Six Sigma company. However, all of a sudden and just this week there has been a shift in the decision to stop continuous improvement training and drop the certification of Green belts. As a regulated company, the states of VA, MD and DC give significant financial funding to WGL for numerous reasons to support major initiatives. With this (tax payer money) methodology, it takes away the impact of a strong Six Sigma effort and diminishes the efforts and projects that would reduce the need for state funding.
Pros
People oriented company, family oriented thoughts
Cons
Continuing same old practices of the last 30 years
I am a very detailed person that trys to keep the company and coustomers focused and operating on point.
Supervisor, Warehouse & Hauling (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 3, 2012
My day begins with overseeing the warehouse hmaking sure internal and external coustomers receive materials that they have ordered. I learn patients and how to learn the coustmers and and what their needs are. Sometimes if you are not in the warehouse on a regular basics you do not understand what is going on. My employees work vewry well with me and we work as a team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is trying to please the coustomers and keep everyone happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I have done my best to keep the coustomer happy.
Great place to work!
ASSOCIATE CLAIMS PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 21, 2012
I processed medical claims for internal employees as well as reviewed medicare udates with retired employees. I learned how to interact and communicate with internal and external employees. My management teams was great and supportive as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was leaving to go home. Waking up to come to work was the best.
Pros
the energy of the company.
Productive and a fun place to work
Gas Meter Installer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2015
Today, clean-burning natural gas is the fuel of choice for more than nine out of 10 new home buyers in the Washington metropolitan area and Washington Gas serves more than one million customers throughout the Washington metropolitan region.
Great way to learn the city of Washington D.C.
Services, Sales Agent/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Washington,D.C.July 9, 2012
I enjoyed talking to customers. I learned how the usage rates worked in the area. I enjoyed my managers for the most part. I became friends with my co workers the hardest part was the commission part of the income I enjoyed the most about the job was feeling like I belonged.
Pros
we recieved t shirts hats bookbags and etc
Cons
commission pay
truly a humbling experience
Street Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 2, 2014
im just not of fan of outside work, especially when its cold.
Pros
Cons
lazy management
Fast, high paced and challenging job.
SCADA/Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAAugust 1, 2013
I was responsible for the communication to various natural gas transmission and distribution systems.
I learned about different types of SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) systems.
great company
Organization Development Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 11, 2014
great learning opportunity, little room for growth and expansion
Productive fast pace work enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 13, 2014
Enjoyed working here worked with this company for a total of 7 years and enjoyed it very much.
Good job opportunities
Specialist - Compliance Auditor I (Former Employee) –  Springfield VA.November 7, 2012
Washington Gas offered me many exciting job opppertunities, however after 32 years their was a time for a change.
Productive, Good company value.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 18, 2013
Very good place to get firm foundation. Very productive, and positive, settle enviroment.
A place for advancement
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJanuary 7, 2013
There is never a dull moment and you are always busy and learning new things.