Whataburger Inc.

Whataburger Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Great high school job
Team Member (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Learned many skills that lead me into better success. They helped me out in my high school years and helped me prepare for the next step in life.
Fast Paced enviornment
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: chance for advancement
Cons: lack of training
The company offers chance for advancement and is very fast paced. New procedures are generally thought up and put into action without training.
New people
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great people.
Cons: rude customers.
The hardest thing about working at a fast food is your getting paid to little for what you do even if you go the extra mile each day. But great co-workers you meet people along the way. And the enjoyable part is you love your co-workers as a family.
Lots of great people
Drive thru/cashier/cook (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXDecember 27, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: bad pay
Never has work been to difficult because, people are always there to be wanting to help you.
Good work place. Poor schedule.
Cook (Current Employee), El PasoNovember 10, 2014
Pros: 50% discount. paid weekly
Cons: changing schedule.
At this job the most difficult thing was to deal with adjusting to a new schedule every week. On a typical work day I could cook a minimum of 40 burgers in a typical 8 hour shift. Depending on what day. When I was not cooking I was cleaning. At the end of my shift I had to clean my work area before I clocked out.
cleaning,serving,cooking, greeting
service ambassador (Former Employee), Elsa, TXSeptember 4, 2014
swept the floor and chairs to clean up and foodspills. I also supplied napkin,ketchup,straws,salt/pepper,and trays.
Fantastic compensation package, great team work but work life balance is not a priority
Director of Operations (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: excellent compensation and room to grow within
Cons: lack of work life balance as well as unrealistic goals set at times
Excellent family owned company, but that believe in hard work with great pay and benefits.
Depending upon your role in the company, operations are by far the most physical and time consuming.
In an Area Manager or Director role you start your day with administrative duties between 6am and 7am, then you are out in the field the rest or the day or in meetings. When you arrive home, you still have at least 1 to 2 hours of administrative work to complete before your day ends.
Best part of the job is working with your teams to strive for goals and results. The mentoring program and growing our internal leaders is very satisfying.
Co-workers are fantastic and ready to help each other, alot of team work!!
The hardest part of the job was the hours. A minimum of 70 hours a week with being able to work 7 days a week. Extreme lack of work life balance. This company is 24/7 364 days a week and very demanding
Company as a whole is wonderful.
Maintenance Cosmetic Technician (Former Employee), Dallas/Ft Worth MetroplexJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great senior leadership. good benefits
Cons: poor maintenance management loaded with incompetence.
Typical day at work is show up check for work order priorities and try to schedule out your day. May travel up to 200 miles a day in vehicle making rounds and taking care of emergency calls as they come in. I learned that it takes a lot of patience to put up with the MSC management at Whataburger. My co-workers (same level as I) are the best group of guys in the world. Everyone of them really cares about what they need to do. It was such a struggle for everyone to try to do the best thing for Whataburger when you have to fight management to do it. So much money being wasted on repeated calls for the same issues time and time again. Don't get me wrong. There are some lead techs that know is going on but they have their hands tied. I really hope the senior leadership at Whataburger sees what is going on. Terrible micro-management. I guess when you have that kind of growth you can't see past the dollar signs.
A great work environment.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: discounted meals
Cons: not given enough hours
I was over all satisfied with the company itself but I saw several issues that could have been improved.
Productive place, but somewhat overwhelming.
Manager (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: half off on meals and the opportunity to meet new people each day.
Supervised employees and made sure each member was certified in a station they could work. Greeted customers and got to know majority by name. Did a lot of office work and hiring process. Management crew was great! We all always had each others back as well as came up with ideas and outcomes as a team.
work and have fun doing it.
Owner- Adam Ross (Former Employee), Waxahachie, TXSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: yes free lunchies
Cons: yes short breaks
* a typical day at work is working my hardiest to get the job done..

*what I have learned is a good work ethic..

*management is a important thing in a job..

*co-workers are there to help get the job done..

*getting the work done..

*the most enjoyable part I would say is talking to my co-workers..
a very nice and enjoyable place to work and learn new things
was a fast food burger Reastuant (Former Employee), Victoria, TXAugust 24, 2013
Pros: discount on meals
Cons: days i was off i wanted to work
Very determined to work and keep up with appearences, greet people properly, and try to get new people to come in and enjoy themselves.
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 14, 2013
Pros: many co-workers
Cons: low hours
Typical day was just cooking and cleaning. I learned some of the health hazards when handling food. Management was good. Co-workers were good to get along with.
Productive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 25, 2013
Pros: discounts, breaks
Cons: sometimes working over time while being in school
When I first started I had no idea of anything. Manager taught me how to use the register and I liked it i was a cashier for 3 mnths and then got moved to preparing food. I was really fast worker in preparing food. I got along with all my co-workers gave the best customer service I could. The hardest part of the job was the company wasn't really understandable that i was still in high school sometimes i would work graveyard shift and would go to school very tiered and sleepy that is one of the reasons i left this job.
GOOD SOCIAL ENVIORMENT, CUSTOMER SERVICE AND RELATIONS,
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches, diffrent shifts, good management team
Cons: short breaks, some times not enough dedicated employees
WHATABURGER WAS MY FIRST AND ONLY JOB TO THIS DAY. I LEARNED ALOT FROM WHATABURGER MET MANY EMPLOYEES AND MANGERS. WORKED FOR DIFFRENT LOCATIONS AND HAD A LOT OF EXPIRENCE WORKING WITH DIFFRENT PEOPLE WITH DIFFRENT BACKGROUNDS AND CULTURES. MOVED ON TO A TEAM LEADER/ SUPERVISOR ONCE REACHED AGE 18 WITH THE COMPANY WAS TRAINED IN FOOD SAFETY AND EQUIPMENT SAFETY. WAS ASKED TO MOVE ON TO MANAGER POSTION BUT WASNT SATISIFIED WITH THE PAY OFFERING. BUT CONTIUNED ON AS A TEAM LEADER I'VE LEARNED HOW CASH MANAGEMENT, DAILY INVETORIES, AND SERVICE EQUIPMENT AND DEEP FRYERS CLEANING.I'D HAVE SAY THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF JOB WAS JUST DEALING WITH CO WORKERS AND COUSTMERS. HARDEST PART WITH IS WHEN WOULD GET COLLEGE GAMES IN TOWN AND WE WOULD GET SO BUSY BE UNDER STAFFED BUT ENJOYED THE CHALLENGE.
Productive, fun, family work place.
Accounts Receivable Data Analyst (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXDecember 17, 2012
Pros: sports, concert tickets etc.
Cons: raised too low based on work load.
• Responsible for the daily preparation and data entry of the deposits for three major corporate accounts
• Produce monthly aging, open invoices and un-applied cash reports for a major corporate account (Shoes for Crews)
• Collaborate with the Accounting department to update the general ledgers and journal entries
• Maintain accurate and comprehensive charge sales accounts for over 250 schools and businesses
• Run monthly statements, outstanding notices and all customer calls and concerns pertaining to the charge sales accounts
• Take all customer calls concerning all charge sales accounts
• Process credit card payments and record all incoming wires for customer accounts
Fun with a busy and steady pace.
Fry Cook (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 16, 2012
Pros: half off purchases. opportunities for advancement. fun.
The environment allowed for a bit of relaxation, but the pace was very fast and busy, yet enjoyable. Management was great at dealing with any problems and were willing to help with school.
Fun workplace with advancement opportunities
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Roanoke, TXSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: 50% discount on food, supplies most of the required uniform for free
Cons: no breaks for management positions, 50 plus hours work week required to achieved promised salary
Enjoyable work experience in a fast paced environment. Opportunities for advancement readily available, though relocation is often necessary. Overtime required for management positions.
great fun place to work
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Mission, TXSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: great place to work
Cons: grave yard
great service Iearned i lot from the P&L bussines plans food control
labor the works great management and great co workers
Never a dull day
Manager (Current Employee), Hewitt, TxAugust 31, 2012
Pros: fast paced and friendly enviroment
Cons: not much time for personal life
A tyical day at work consists of making sure the store has enough product to make through 3 more shifts, ensuring employees are following all guidlines and food safety prcedures, covering the next shift if someone calls in sick, and ensuring that all customers are satisfied with the level of service and the food that they ordered. The most difficult part of the job would be having to work 3 different shift in one week.

About Whataburger Inc.

Whataburger has nearly 700 locations in 10 states and is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. The company has sales of more than – Read more

Whataburger Inc. Salaries