Whataburger Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

great overall company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXMay 20, 2016
Started off as a great company. The upper management in the area I was in liked to gossip about peoples personal lives and cause them emotional pain. The company itself isn't bad. Just the area I came from.
Pros
benifits
Cons
no breaks for managers
great place to start
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2016
a great place to work and they are very understanding and flexible with schedules. A great place to move up and enhance your skills. High recommended for anyone, and great place to learn and a great place to stay and make a career
Whataburger: great vision; mediocre follow-through
Acting General Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 2, 2016
Great ethics, wages and benefits. Core values in line with my desire for a strong company. Unfortunately, the execution of those values tends to fall short. The executives believe in and live out the core values, but as you move down the chain, it becomes more sporadic, and only lip service is paid by some managers.

If you can excel at Whataburger, you can probably make it anywhere.
Pros
Awesome pay, bonus and benefits
Cons
A lot of procedures that mean well, but cause more work
Managers and grease
Fry cook (Former Employee) –  Lindale, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Sometimes I'd get frustrated with my managers due to lack of communication or complete ignorance. I made a few friends at work, and if we had just the right people scheduled it could be an almost good shift. I'm sorry to say that my take from my employment was that Whataburger is a very difficult and harsh job. We're all running and sweating grease, it's hard! To sum it up, managers don't usually gain respect through yelling and blame.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 3, 2015
Each day my job was to greet each customer with a smile and showing great customer service skills. This job taught me about the steps it takes in order to start cooking and how to show the best customer service skills. My co-workers gave me motivation that it takes to become a team leader and team member. The hardest part of my job at Whataburger was none due to great managers teaching me everything I need to know about being an cashier, cook, prepper, stocker, and most definitely how to show great customer service. The most enjoyable part of this job is that I learned how to become a most successful and faithful worker.
Pros
I earned an raise
Cons
Great company with a lot of growth opportunities
Family Memeber (Former Employee) –  Mcallen, TXMarch 10, 2015
A great company to work for even though it doesn't provide a great quality of life with their schedules. it provides great benefits and very competitive salaries.
Great high school job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 28, 2015
Learned many skills that lead me into better success. They helped me out in my high school years and helped me prepare for the next step in life.
Fast Paced enviornment
Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2015
The company offers chance for advancement and is very fast paced. New procedures are generally thought up and put into action without training.
Pros
chance for advancement
Cons
lack of training
New people
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2015
The hardest thing about working at a fast food is your getting paid to little for what you do even if you go the extra mile each day. But great co-workers you meet people along the way. And the enjoyable part is you love your co-workers as a family.
Pros
great people.
Cons
rude customers.
Lots of great people
Drive thru/cashier/cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 27, 2014
Never has work been to difficult because, people are always there to be wanting to help you.
Pros
great people
Cons
bad pay
Good work place. Poor schedule.
Cook (Current Employee) –  El PasoNovember 10, 2014
At this job the most difficult thing was to deal with adjusting to a new schedule every week. On a typical work day I could cook a minimum of 40 burgers in a typical 8 hour shift. Depending on what day. When I was not cooking I was cleaning. At the end of my shift I had to clean my work area before I clocked out.
Pros
50% discount. paid weekly
Cons
changing schedule.
cleaning,serving,cooking, greeting
service ambassador (Former Employee) –  Elsa, TXSeptember 4, 2014
swept the floor and chairs to clean up and foodspills. I also supplied napkin,ketchup,straws,salt/pepper,and trays.
Fantastic compensation package, great team work but work life balance is not a priority
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 25, 2014
Excellent family owned company, but that believe in hard work with great pay and benefits.
Depending upon your role in the company, operations are by far the most physical and time consuming.
In an Area Manager or Director role you start your day with administrative duties between 6am and 7am, then you are out in the field the rest or the day or in meetings. When you arrive home, you still have at least 1 to 2 hours of administrative work to complete before your day ends.
Best part of the job is working with your teams to strive for goals and results. The mentoring program and growing our internal leaders is very satisfying.
Co-workers are fantastic and ready to help each other, alot of team work!!
The hardest part of the job was the hours. A minimum of 70 hours a week with being able to work 7 days a week. Extreme lack of work life balance. This company is 24/7 364 days a week and very demanding
Pros
excellent compensation and room to grow within
Cons
lack of work life balance as well as unrealistic goals set at times
Company as a whole is wonderful.
Maintenance Cosmetic Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas/Ft Worth MetroplexJuly 29, 2014
Typical day at work is show up check for work order priorities and try to schedule out your day. May travel up to 200 miles a day in vehicle making rounds and taking care of emergency calls as they come in. I learned that it takes a lot of patience to put up with the MSC management at Whataburger. My co-workers (same level as I) are the best group of guys in the world. Everyone of them really cares about what they need to do. It was such a struggle for everyone to try to do the best thing for Whataburger when you have to fight management to do it. So much money being wasted on repeated calls for the same issues time and time again. Don't get me wrong. There are some lead techs that know is going on but they have their hands tied. I really hope the senior leadership at Whataburger sees what is going on. Terrible micro-management. I guess when you have that kind of growth you can't see past the dollar signs.
Pros
great senior leadership. good benefits
Cons
poor maintenance management loaded with incompetence.
A great work environment.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 14, 2014
I was over all satisfied with the company itself but I saw several issues that could have been improved.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
not given enough hours
Productive place, but somewhat overwhelming.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Supervised employees and made sure each member was certified in a station they could work. Greeted customers and got to know majority by name. Did a lot of office work and hiring process. Management crew was great! We all always had each others back as well as came up with ideas and outcomes as a team.
Pros
half off on meals and the opportunity to meet new people each day.
work and have fun doing it.
Owner- Adam Ross (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXSeptember 28, 2013
* a typical day at work is working my hardiest to get the job done..

*what I have learned is a good work ethic..

*management is a important thing in a job..

*co-workers are there to help get the job done..

*getting the work done..

*the most enjoyable part I would say is talking to my co-workers..
Pros
yes free lunchies
Cons
yes short breaks
a very nice and enjoyable place to work and learn new things
was a fast food burger Reastuant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXAugust 24, 2013
Very determined to work and keep up with appearences, greet people properly, and try to get new people to come in and enjoy themselves.
Pros
discount on meals
Cons
days i was off i wanted to work
Fun Workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 14, 2013
Typical day was just cooking and cleaning. I learned some of the health hazards when handling food. Management was good. Co-workers were good to get along with.
Pros
many co-workers
Cons
low hours
Productive place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 25, 2013
When I first started I had no idea of anything. Manager taught me how to use the register and I liked it i was a cashier for 3 mnths and then got moved to preparing food. I was really fast worker in preparing food. I got along with all my co-workers gave the best customer service I could. The hardest part of the job was the company wasn't really understandable that i was still in high school sometimes i would work graveyard shift and would go to school very tiered and sleepy that is one of the reasons i left this job.
Pros
discounts, breaks
Cons
sometimes working over time while being in school