Whataburger Employee Reviews

Very Busy
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 22, 2018
I was always on my toes working here. You just never knew what to expect. One minute you are slow and getting everything cleaned up then the next you have a line out the door and drive thru. Loved it.
Fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 21, 2018
A typical day at work was to clock in a go straight to the back to start taking drive-thru orders while also portioning some of the store's products. I've learned extreme patience when it comes to angry customers. Management was great when I first started until towards the end when their attitudes change and so did everyone else in the store. the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers or just rude customers in general. the enjoyable part of the jobs was meeting new people now they're great friends of mine.
Pros
Half price on meeals
Cool place but wouldn’t work there again
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXJanuary 20, 2018
Whataburger might be one of the best fast food places to work at. Sometimes the other workers there are rude and they’re always making up rumors. Management was alright.
productive and great place to work with a great atmosphere.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 19, 2018
A great place to work with nice people. The managers teacher leadership and expect you to show leadership with your job. Great scheduling, understanding leadership and bosses.
Pros
Half off food, great co-workers, leadership roles
Cons
short breaks, rude customers
Okay place if starting out
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 18, 2018
The work place was okay. Management was hard but was half way decent.its an okay job if your in high school or if it's your very first time working.other than that not good unless your a gm
Pros
Half priced food
Cons
Poor psy
awful managmemt
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2018
While I had good managers and was able to advance easily, I was often taken a advantage lf and mistreated. My register was being stolen from on camera and admittedly so by an employee who would do this to every register. He also threw a fry basket at my head and no action was taken at all. They informed me that they fully intended to say it was my fault despite knowing it was not to avoid having to confront someone and 'lose an employee'.
Fast-paced workplace
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 18, 2018
Friendly co-workers, nice managers, area was not the best neighborhood in Dallas. Typical day at work included taking out trash, cooking fries and chicken, and wiping tables down.
Non-Stressful work environment.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoy and will always look back on this job as a good part time job. I was hired off at the low end of the spectrum by a manager who is no longer at this location. The people are fantastic some of the best I've ever worked with. I enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Sink or Swim Until Your Heart Bleeds
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2018
The management can be closely compared to sniveling children who get offended the moment you stand up for yourself after you notice they're just pushing you around. Management doesn't care about your problems and if its your time to leave, don't expect to go anywhere. Every step of the way you'll be fighting with management just to even get a break. Honestly, its all a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Pros
Half price food
Cons
great pay with some unrealistic expectations
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 17, 2018
the pay is amazing but you are competing against a system that has been cheated for so many years the goals are unrealistic. The upper management changes so frequently that it is hard to get a consistent expectation.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
long work weeks, 24 hours concept
good place to work badly managed by corporate
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I really liked working there, but the lack of consistency was unbelievable. The work wasn't hard when fully staffed and properly equipped with tools to succeed, but when the next manager doesn't show up it is hard to balance life with the extra shift having to be picked up.
fast pace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 17, 2018
would wish for steady hours but overall a good job. regular customers are always there to help or keep you in the routine. crew members are nice and have a
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJanuary 17, 2018
When walking in its always busy, Ive learned how to be patient with others and not to be shy. The hardest part for me was not being shy and.It was fun
Pros
Cons
Customers
n/a
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 17, 2018
fast food resturant its good for when your a teen but once you get older the job is not a good job well at least for some of us its to much to deal with and the pay is weak
Not bad just stressfull at times.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJanuary 17, 2018
I stayed in one positions all day every day. I never got moved around much but once or twice a month. I would go from working on fryer to drive thru but that was it. I worked there for almost a year and never really got to do anything else other than work the fryer because I was good at that. Not a bad working environment just really busy at times it was sterfull. Specially trying to beat the time constantly.
Pros
Pay was not bad
Cons
I couldnt really have any days I would ask for off.
Great starting job with opportunity to advance.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Overall great place to work at. Managers listen and take care of your needs, and overall very flexible with hours. You get what you put in here. Food is great, fun people to work with. Not much to complain about for a starting job.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Sometimes short staffed
Great JOB
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Marble Falls, TXJanuary 16, 2018
I loved working with everyone. Management worked well around my schedule. Family friendly. Wish I never had to relocate or I would still be working there today!
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 16, 2018
Great experience working at Whataburger for my first job. I met amazing coworkers also met amazing customers I loved it there just wished I could've had more hours.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor hours
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJanuary 15, 2018
I took orders and I cooked I did drive thru and I was a closed. I worked about 10 hour shifts a day. The work environment was great and I loved working there.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Cool
Kitchen Lead (Current Employee) –  Manor, TXJanuary 15, 2018
It was great to work there I just need a change wanted to do something new had to do what is best for me and my family just wanted a change of pace and working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whataburger. Our community is ready to answer.