Whataburger Employee Reviews

Found 1,605 reviews matching the search
Great Team work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2017
I love to Whataburger, love helping customers, I like the fact that we get paid every week. Is a very easy Job just got to have patients. Always upsale to our customers, always saying Welcome To Your Whataburger! Saying goodbye have a good day!
Pros
Flexibility on schedule
Cons
Managers Attitude
Horrible b/c they didnt train good
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXFebruary 17, 2017
it was horrible because they hardly train me but it was good b/c discount food every one was mad at each other the management was horrible
Pros
discount food
Cons
short breaks or hardly nun
Do your job right the first time as if it was you would run your own company
Porter (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKFebruary 17, 2017
Im a fast learner and verry good with people and the jobs i am asked to preform. I also complete my daily duties 100% and in a verry reasonable time given.
Awesome Job I hate I Quit!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 15, 2017
It was such a good job the atmosphere was good the managers were cool, I wanted to stay but at the time I was still in school, and my mom had made me quit because of how far it was, and I should've transferred to another one closer to where I live but I didn't.
Pros
Excellent Hours, Free Food and getting paid every week
Cons
It got really busy sometimes
This place can start off good.. Real good.. But mangers talk bad about everyone...
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2017
This place sucks.. You'll do better some where else... They don't care what your situation is.. They just awful. And you don't want to make a manger mad...
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Everything else
Fun enviorment .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2017
love the motivation very entergetic employees , They help every step of the way & never leave you behind. Its fun helping customers & seeing their smile as they walk out.
Pros
half off lunches .
Cons
short breaks .
Average
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXFebruary 15, 2017
It's so easy , I like it but not enough hours there and unfair pay, I was payed 9 and hour and been there for 2 years but new comers were paid more than me and they only knew one thing while I knew how to do everything there was and I even worked harder then they did
Pros
Easy
Cons
Unfiar pay
worst place.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TX 78521February 14, 2017
the boss at boost mobile in brownsville never pays on time and always complains that you dont do your job when you do everything.
Very productive place to work
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXFebruary 13, 2017
What i have learn at Whataburger Co. is how to handle money and count tills for the register. It has taught me to also be a good cook.
Good place to get a basic start in the work field, but not a place worth staying for long term.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXFebruary 13, 2017
A small select few team members are great to work with and be around, but the work environment was terrible. The majority, but not all, the team leaders don't really care much. They just mainly stand around and don't even help. The manager even does it too, hardly helps everyone out except the ones that they like. Not a place for anyone who wants a stable job for a limited time.
Pros
Some people you work with are really nice once you get to know them.
Cons
Hardly any breaks, constantly get treated like you don't know what to do.
Its fast paced and usually great people to work with
Team Member (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Although it's fun, therected are always new people being hired and it can never get entirely better because new people are always lagging behind because it's 'a fast food place' and they have the mentality not to care.
Pros
Discounts were great
Cons
Lines get long very quickly and customers are not patient
Great starter job!
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2017
Definitely great for anyone getting out of school needing a fairly flexible job! I got many of the basics I use through customer service through working here. It was the first job I finally sat down at for more than a year!
Pros
Nice discount
Cons
Poorly communicated stores throughout the area, and no guarenteed breaks throughout a possible 10 hour shift
Not enough hours
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXFebruary 10, 2017
my experience was not great. Was given horrible hours. Treated horrible. was not given proper training. Normally i would clock in and look for a manager to ask them what was my position for the day normally i was the cashier so i would have to get a counted box from a manager. Even after my shift was over i would still be stuck there and would send home others who arrived later than me first. i never knew at what time my shift would end sometimes i would get sent home super early other times super late
Pros
discount
Cons
hours
Fun
Customer service (Former Employee) –  San Benito, TXFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoyed working here because I made great friends that would be there for me no matter what. This job helped me to talk to people much easier.
Whataburger Fast Food (cashier)
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXFebruary 8, 2017
The typical day at work consisted of taking orders from customers, and making sure they got their food in an accurate and fast manner.

I learned that fast food is not a good profession.

Management at Whataburger was the worst I had ever seen. I had managers who would take people off the schedule for a week simple for making them mad over a minor issue.

Culture? There is no culture.

The hardest part of the job? Almost all of it is hard. It is very repetitive and the job involved dealing with people with low blood sugar.

The people I worked with were really cool, that would have to be the best part. I still kept in contact with one manager, however I had negative views of all the others.
Pros
50% discount at your store
Cons
minimum wage to start, poor unprofessional management
Management was terrible
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 8, 2017
I had some major issues with the management. One manager particularly would always single me out for no apparent reason. The hours were terrible as well. They never had a set schedule for how many hours a week you would be working.
Fun to place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, TXFebruary 8, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working at whataburger was getting to be friendly with all the customers that walked in my store. The hardest part of my day was cleaning the lobby when done with my shift.
Pros
Half off meals
Bad
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Bad bad bad bad baaaddd managers were short tempered staff was lazy and messy cut every corner they could and noobies were thrown to the wolves so to speak to fend for them selves crimes happened there more then once so I've heard.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Everyone you work with if for them self not a team
Good place for beginers to start but not for the experienced person who already knows how to work.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 7, 2017
The place is popular and busy, but the rules and managers are usually too harsh and can even be verbally hostile. They expect to have every thing done fast but do not provide enough to enable their employees to meet their expectations.
Pros
50% on employ purches
Cons
No true room to be able to meet the expectaions or goals of the company
Food industry job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Whataburger was a great job to start with and I was able to learn a lot there. I gained plenty of customer service experience as well as how to manage a team as a team leader.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Whataburger. Our community is ready to answer.