Whataburger

Whataburger Employee Reviews

Crew
Crew (Former Employee), Ruston, LAAugust 28, 2015
As a Team Member at Whataburger, among the duties you need to perform is food preparation, customer service, and the day to day tasks involved in the operation. Above all, your main responsibility is to interact with customers which include, taking and receiving orders, processing payments, and responding appropriately to whatever the customer needs. Team Members have to prepare the products based on the company’s service philosophy. They must also follow the standards when it comes to maintaining the safety and cleanliness of the work environment.
fast food
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Cedar Hill, TXAugust 27, 2015
This was my first job as well as a job that I held further down the line in life. I enjoyed the pace and the challenges that each day held. The downside to working here was the stress and the smell that followed you home.
Great company that emphasizes excelent customer service
Cashier, cook, and hostess (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 25, 2015
I learned so much from working at Whataburger. Management is always helpful and responsible, and very helpful when it comes to training. They encourage advancement and will always be willing to provide training. Their customer service training and techniques were the best I have had and helped in other jobs
productive very busy hard working people
cashier (Former Employee), 22nd and wilmotAugust 25, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, and not enough work hours
Whataburger is a very busy place but with very great management. Great people to work with and very friendly. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to meet all the great customers.
Very fun and prodctive place
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 24, 2015
-Taking customers orders, fulfilling their hunger
-Building relationship with our customers
-Working as a team
-Hardest part of the job was having a full diner and only one cashier
Very easy job to learn, co workers were very friendly
Shift Leader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Discounted food, high pay
Cons: Not really any cons
The store was kept very clean. The management was very understanding and had flexible scheduling. The work environment was pleasant most of the time, but had its days.
Working at all my previous jobs.
Team Member (Former Employee), Chickasaw,AlAugust 22, 2015
enjoy helping out customers. I learn different things through people because my customers help me become a better person.
Fun place to work
Team Member (Current Employee), Port Aransas,TeaxasAugust 19, 2015
I love my team members and how we all pull together to get the job one. I love how management cares about each individual person, not just at work but personal lives and ensure our lives are balanced so that we are able to be more productive.
fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks
I would normally be required to do extra because of my skillset in the fast food buisness, so I was usually busy.I learned pretty much everything there was to know at whataburger.My co-workers and management was perfect.I really didnt find the job hard.I love to work at any place with a smile,the fact that i worked at a restauraunt made things bettter.
Very productive place to work.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Paid Weekely
Cons: Worked every day on days off
A typical day at work was them calling me on days off every time I was off of work. Always ran the night shift and we were right next to a bar, so every night was bar night. I was promoted to team leader in just 4 to 5 months. coworkers were really night most of the time.
very unproffecional
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 16, 2015
Pros: more money
Cons: not put together
walk in about 5am and there is nothing ready for the day.
i learned to never work at the air port again.
the man agement did not know what they were doing.
the co-works were also new to what was going on and was no help.
the hard part was going all the way down stairs to get things when they run out.
the good part was i was geting off early
Productive day at Whataburger
cook (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 14, 2015
First day I started working there, I learned how to pull and drop fries and the hamburger meat. I learned how things are done. i enjoyed working with my co-workers. they were easy to get along with. Sometimes the store manager will never be there when needed.
productive and satifaction
cook (Former Employee), alton gloorAugust 14, 2015
Pros: worked with hours
Cons: bad management
A normal day at work would have a rush what us as employers .Which a rush is the busiest moment for a employee. After the rush we would restock .Co-workers and i had a good relationship nothing would get beteween our job
an ok place to work dont have much home liffe
Title cashier (Former Employee), Longview, TXAugust 12, 2015
typical day at work was ok was stressful sometimes and had to do way more than your share of work. learned to talk to people easier and run cash register and did some drive thru. co workers were awesome and became really good friends with them, hardest part of the job was trying to spend time at home with my daughter and worked more than i put time in at home
good
Team Member/Leader (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 11, 2015
i liked working there. It was my first job in and out of high school. i would go back if i didnt move. they pushed me to become a manager as quickly as possible and they were all very nice
Very Great Place to Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Cypress, TXAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Discount on meals
Cons: Sometimes you get rude customers
They are so kind and fun to work with, Excellent company to work for, the management is great and they are excellent with working with your schedule if you have another job or if you have to be home to watch your kids. Definitely a great place to work for.
fast paced fun working environment
Crew member (Former Employee), White Oak, TXAugust 8, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals
Cons: Not very big raises
A typical day at work required us to do produce prep, provide excellent customer service and keep a clean and safe work environment. The most enjoyable part of the day was getting to talk to my fellow co-workers and visiting with the daily regular customers.
fun work place great hours
Cashier (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXAugust 7, 2015
Pros: worked all my friends
Cons: pay was not enough
loved my co-workers and loved the hours very organized area to work in. the only bad thing is the pay was not enough for what i would do. the managers where very helpful when it came to rush hours. they would really take care of us.
Good First Job Experience
Team Member (Current Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work involves cash handling, or cooking on the grill as you were instructed and clean work station before leaving for the day.
A very productive work environment
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Good working environment, good kitchen organization
Cons: Floors easily got slippery, not enough space or time for anyone to maintain the floors
The most enjoyable aspect of my job there were my co-workers, everyone seemed to get along just fine and there was excellent communication within management and regular employees, management was very good with being on the same page with each other.
Headquarters