Wheaton College Employee Reviews in United States

Great group of people to work with
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 19, 2016
I enjoy my days, I am able to get quite a bit done in a short amount of time. The demands of the position are high but not impossible to meet. The people that I work with are delightful and management has an open door policy. I really enjoy the biblical devotions at work.
Pros
Co-workers and flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Exciting and friendly environment to work in
Special Crew (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 19, 2016
typical day at work at Wheaton college is 730-4pm. Biggest thing I learned at Wheaton college is how to work in a team setting and be flexible to others opinions on how to get the job done more effectively. Management were always willing to listen and so were the co-workers there, Hardest part of the job is being able to multi-task a bunch of different things at the same time but the most enjoyable part was the friendly environment that Wheaton college offered.
Pros
friendly, great benefits, management, co-workers
Cons
rushed assignments
Great Employer
Marketing Communications Coordinator (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 31, 2016
Working for Wheaton College was wonderful. If I hadn't had to move with my family, I would absolutely still be working there and am sure I'd have moved up.
Pros
Positive environment, awesome coworkers, wonderful food in the cafeteria
Cons
Pay could be better, but definitely above average.
Students with work study in luck
Gallery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAJune 2, 2016
I had a great experience as a student using my work study funding at Wheaton. I got real life job experience that is actually relevant to my future career goals.
Enhancing culturally and responsively to a multi-diverse university environment.
Director of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILDecember 1, 2015
Wheaton College is a great place with professional, caring and wonderful administrators; faculty, staff and students continue to evolve culturally responsively to a continuously increasing diverse university environment.
Culture and facilities are outstanding
Senior Accountant (contract position) (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 30, 2015
I enjoyed meeting co-workers, and the support all provided as I learned the position. Was an enjoyable experience at all levels. The Christian attitude is evident from students, to employees and management.
Pros
Co-workers and supervisor
Cons
I was a contract worker, and it lasted too short a time!
Great Place to Work!!
Hospitality Director (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 8, 2015
Wheaton is a great place to work! Not much opportunities to move up in your career but it would be a great stepping stone for further growth and development.
Pros
Fair Pay, Great retirement plan, Great benefits, including 5 weeks vacation every year
Cons
Not many, health insurance plan sucks
Great place to work! Great people! Family Oriented.
Hospitality Director (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILApril 17, 2015
No job is perfect, there is always going to be things that could be better but overall Wheaton is a great place to work, the benefits are second to none and the best part is there is little to no stress.
Thought-provoking and skill equipping environment
Guest Writer Wheaton College (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILDecember 31, 2012
My experience at Wheaton College has been one that I have come to cherish and hold very dearly. My jobs have fluctuated from concerts manager to writing for the school newspaper. What I learned was how important it is to delegate tasks when working with large groups of people. Group dynamics matter and must be tended to. Many hours I spent event-planning and paying attention to small details that have helped my skills for business management and leadership.
Enjoyed the work hours flexibility and working with the people at the educational institution
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 14, 2014
I have learned to be responsible and manage my own time as I accomplish too many tasks at work.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
too busy at year-end
Wheaton College
HVAC Foreman (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJanuary 8, 2014
We manage the HVAC for the College campus. Overseeing two boiler plants and two chiller plants. We also maintain 40 campus buildings providing student housing including apartments and single family houses
Pros
good work envirnment
Amazing college, amazing place to work
ASSISTANT RESIDENT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJuly 24, 2014
It is the type of hard work that you can't wait to get up every morning to do. Long days, but it is so rewarding to see the direct change you are making in lives.
Great Experience
Copy Editor, The Wheaton Record (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILFebruary 27, 2014
Working as a student is difficult, but Wheaton College makes it easy. Wheaton creates an amazing environment for faculty, staff, and students to thrive in.
Productive and Fun work environment
Summer Enhancement Projects Crew (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILAugust 26, 2013
Worked 11pm to 8am. Good co-workers and enjoyable atmopshere. Learned how to organize group work to complete a task quickly.
One of the best places I have worked. Provided a balance of work and play.
Residential Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, IlJanuary 4, 2012
One of the best places I have worked. Provided a balance of work and play.
Pros
community
Christian liberal arts college