Wheaton College Employee Reviews

Productive and developmental workplace
Church Band Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 7, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of many interactions with various types of people. I learned how to communicate well to people at different levels. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to communicate well to various types of people.
Easy and fun if hardworking
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 21, 2017
Great atmosphere, loved my time there. The blue collar managers and workers were the nicest people to work with. If you are hardworking, you can expect an easy time cleaning and moving furniture.
Pros
Good hours, honest work
Cons
Some employees are lazy and bullies (depends)
Great Place
Phonathon Caller (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 3, 2017
Great place to work as a student very understanding very forgiving. Disciplined and driven to do your best by your superiors. Although because some jobs are more personal then others, there is a lot of back stabbing and rumor spreading. Don't intertwine your personal life with the people you work with.
Pros
Good environment, improve communication skills
Cons
Bad late policy, lack of communication, dishonest feed back
N/a
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norton, MAMay 1, 2017
There are 2 Wheaton Colleges. This one is located in Ohio and the one I attend is located in Massachusetts. I got hired for the perfect job because I spoke Amharic and was a student with Work Study.
Pros
Free Lunch
Work study
Theater Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norton, MAFebruary 28, 2017
An understanding staff that allows students to balance a work life and student responsibilities. Provides flexible hours in an engaging environment...
Wonderful place to work
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILFebruary 27, 2017
Was a graduate assistant while I pursued a graduate degree at the same time, and lived with college students at resident apartments. Loved my time there and one of the best experiences I have had.
Small liberal arts college with strong academics and great faculty
Career Counselor/Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJanuary 21, 2017
Staff are definitely not as valued as faculty but it's still a great place to work. Awesome students and top-rate faculty. Safe environment and beautiful campus.
Pros
Great caring and supportive culture; Tuition benefit for dependents
Cons
Salary
Wheaton Collge
Apprenticeship working as a Program Manager at COH (Current Employee) –  Dallas, PAJanuary 6, 2017
This school provides a great education in an environment that is safe to explore new ideas. All of the professors care about the students and their development as people.
Learning electrical services
Electrician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, IL.December 10, 2016
This was a on campus location my daily responsibility was to change out all the light and wall fixture in the rooms.
the hardest part was meeting the deadline in these project.
co worker was get to work around we assisted each other as needed.
being able to learn something difference.
Well run and has a good vision.
Mentor (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILNovember 29, 2016
Mentoring students at Wheaton College was a fun and rewarding experience helped by a great staff and motivated coworkers. A person-to-person capacity, it was personally rewarding as it offered opportunities to help students through school life.
Pros
Fun, people oriented job
Cons
Low pay
Good workplace with great mission
Event Media Producer (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILNovember 14, 2016
Wheaton College is a fantastic place to work, and is consistently highly ranked among the nations top Liberal Arts colleges. Advancement is difficult, however, as many people stay in their positions for a long time.
Productive and Fun
Project Manager-Center for Global Education (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAJuly 27, 2016
Good working environment with free lunches and amazing workmates. Boss is flexible and understanding. He is very engaged and fully committed to his employees.
Great group of people to work with
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 19, 2016
I enjoy my days, I am able to get quite a bit done in a short amount of time. The demands of the position are high but not impossible to meet. The people that I work with are delightful and management has an open door policy. I really enjoy the biblical devotions at work.
Pros
Co-workers and flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Students with work study in luck
Gallery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norton, MAJune 2, 2016
I had a great experience as a student using my work study funding at Wheaton. I got real life job experience that is actually relevant to my future career goals.
Great Employer
Marketing Communications Coordinator (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMay 31, 2016
Working for Wheaton College was wonderful. If I hadn't had to move with my family, I would absolutely still be working there and am sure I'd have moved up.
Pros
Positive environment, awesome coworkers, wonderful food in the cafeteria
Cons
Pay could be better, but definitely above average.
Exciting and friendly environment to work in
Special Crew (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 19, 2016
typical day at work at Wheaton college is 730-4pm. Biggest thing I learned at Wheaton college is how to work in a team setting and be flexible to others opinions on how to get the job done more effectively. Management were always willing to listen and so were the co-workers there, Hardest part of the job is being able to multi-task a bunch of different things at the same time but the most enjoyable part was the friendly environment that Wheaton college offered.
Pros
friendly, great benefits, management, co-workers
Cons
rushed assignments
Enhancing culturally and responsively to a multi-diverse university environment.
Director of Accounting (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILDecember 1, 2015
Wheaton College is a great place with professional, caring and wonderful administrators; faculty, staff and students continue to evolve culturally responsively to a continuously increasing diverse university environment.
Great Place to Work!!
Hospitality Director (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 8, 2015
Wheaton is a great place to work! Not much opportunities to move up in your career but it would be a great stepping stone for further growth and development.
Pros
Fair Pay, Great retirement plan, Great benefits, including 5 weeks vacation every year
Cons
Not many, health insurance plan sucks
Culture and facilities are outstanding
Senior Accountant (contract position) (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 30, 2015
I enjoyed meeting co-workers, and the support all provided as I learned the position. Was an enjoyable experience at all levels. The Christian attitude is evident from students, to employees and management.
Pros
Co-workers and supervisor
Cons
I was a contract worker, and it lasted too short a time!
Great place to work! Great people! Family Oriented.
Hospitality Director (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, ILApril 17, 2015
No job is perfect, there is always going to be things that could be better but overall Wheaton is a great place to work, the benefits are second to none and the best part is there is little to no stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wheaton College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6