Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Employee Reviews

I learned a lot about hospital scheduling
Medical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJanuary 26, 2016
It was a temporary position, so i was just happy to learn everything that I did. My co workers were very nice and helpful as well as my trainer.
Wheaton Franciscan Health care St. Joseph Hopital
Staff CVOR RN II Surgery (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 26, 2016
Wonderful staff. Great doctors. Wonderful opportunities to advance skills and training. Flexibility for work life balance
Pros
Great learning opportunities
Cons
No assurance of stability
A very busy clinic
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 13, 2016
Working in a very busy clinic creates very interesting days and no two days are ever the same. Compassion is a big part of my day and it is enjoyable working with a great team. One of the best parts of the job is seeing patients smile when they are discharged from care knowing they had the best possible care.
Pros
Uplifting words from co-workers
Cons
Patients with end of life diagnosis
Located close to home
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 12, 2016
Working in the hospital was an amazing experience and I enjoyed the patients and the co workers. I had an amazing time working in the various departments even being in the leadership role. I was very well respected.
loved it
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 19, 2015
I loved the environment loved the work life balance the pay was great as well i worked there for many years with no complaints.
Stressful Patient Access Rep
patient access representative (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIDecember 11, 2015
My training for the position was decent, but also half assed at the most. There were some parts of the training that I had solid and other parts of the training not so much. Because of that my work suffered where as they expected me to know everything. Also the "Seniors" are supposed to help you when you have questions and think nothing of it, in my case every type of question I asked was reported back to the manager. Let's not talk about the gossip either, it's ridiculous, no reason why there's a high turnover rate.
Pros
Open but separate work spaces
Cons
Management, Seniors, Stressful
Professional and productive work place
Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 9, 2015
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare is made up of a team who will go above and beyond in order to provide the community with the best healthcare system. Working hard at all times to accomplish their goals and get the name of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare out there.
Interesting opportunity.
rn (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 9, 2015
Compensation for position is not equal to academic background even though minimum standards are required. Salaried employees expected to "make up" every minute absent from work. Hardest part of job is to continue high standards of job performance with very limited if zero assist.. Organization does not always practice Catholic vision and ideas in every day to day circumstances.
Hard Work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 9, 2015
This is a hard job, but I enjoyed caring for people. Some of the workers didn't seem to enjoy their job. The pay was not too bad.
Pros
Not too bad pay
Cons
Seeing patiants dying
a big hospital with lots of patients, nurses doctors and most of all new borns babies
Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 7, 2015
A caring hospital. a place where you feel good about getting the best care you desevre. lots of people to meet. the days went fast so much to do and so many people coming and going.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
we got a 1 hour lunch break
Fantastic supervisor who was friendly and willing to go the extra mile for her people.
medical transcription (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 17, 2015
One of the best places I have ever worked with the most friendly and caring supervisor and co-workers. I learned a lot from the people I worked with here.
A prime example of complete Healthcare
Patient Registration (Current Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 13, 2015
Wheaton Franciscan provides a variety of healthcare needs including being a Level 2 Trauma Center and a top ranking Cardiovascular center for SE Wisconsin. Staffing in healthcare is at a shortage, therefore hiring is constant. Opportunities for incoming nurses, CNA, and physicians are plentiful. The volunteers who work with the organization provide numerous opportunities for staff and patients to get great deals on a variety of goods and services. The atmosphere is pleasant, the building and interior are beautiful and well kept. The staff is pleasant and company policy of meeting everyone with a smile and a hello brings a lot of compassion to all.
Pros
Reduced meals and excellent dining, benefits, many openings
Cons
short staffed, very busy areas of service, high burn out
old job
employee (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 11, 2015
We worked with a diverse population after hours. Sometimes we felt like we needed security, as it could be unsafe (now there are pharmacy robberies in the city, etc).
Career grave yard for nurses
Med Jockey (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILNovember 4, 2015
Wheaton location. Any skill sets accrued through the years will be taken behind the barn and killed off. Your nothing but a butt kisser to the patients families and management who do not follow plans of care but rather follow what the families want.

Beware the second floor manager. She is a head hunter. Be afraid...very afraid. Will take you down in a heartbeat to earn accolades for herself.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Awful benefits and peasant pay rates.
productive and fun place to work
Lead Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  milwaukeeNovember 4, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company.
Wonderful patients and coworkers
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIOctober 14, 2015
I loved working the front desk. Checking in patients for their appointments and just taking a moment to ask about their day. I found that the older generation really enjoyed this the most.

The one draw back to the job was not being able to speed along the process when it came to cancer patients in pain and needing their pain meds expedited.

My coworkers were super friendly and helpful.
Pros
Wonderful Patient and Coworkers
Cons
Prescription process
Do not recommend
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Racine, WisconsinSeptember 16, 2015
From a patient care standpoint this is a minimally acceptable place to work.

From a management standpoint, I do not recommend working here.
Relaxed work place
Maintenance Mechanic III (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 15, 2015
Worked on various equipment, Jack of all traits. Prepared and completed PM's, on boilers and air handlers. Operated various Equipment, Daily mechanical rounds, and work order completion. Great co-workers, at times I was required to replace 400lb, boilers header valves with a manual hoist and lift. This would take place in extremely hot boiler rooms. I truly enjoy applying my skills to various task.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Lifting can be very heavy and hot at times.
Diversity
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cudahy, WISeptember 7, 2015
A typical day at work was coming in to find a load of paperwork on my desk and at least 10 new phone calls. There would be at least two patients already checked in.
My co-workers and I helped each other. This made our jobs easier to do and our days would go smoother.
The hardest part of the job was receiving news that a patient passed away. I enjoyed everyday the direct contact and interaction with the patients.
Pros
Good doctors
Cons
Health care
Very nice people
Physician Ansewering Service (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 4, 2015
I ansewered phones and took doctor's appointments. I also did other clerical work as needed. Very clean and nice place to work.
Pros
loved working with people
Cons
didn't like sitting in one place