Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Employee Reviews

Quality work but not enough
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 19, 2015
Pros: Great experience
Cons: Lack of professional growth opportunities
The work provided did not require a day to complete. Lots of downtime where there was nothing to do. I was able to complete my duties by 12PM everyday. Leaving me with four and a half hours of nothing to do. Asked for more responsibilities but to no avail.
good place to work. friendly
One Staff Medical (Former Employee), Racine, WIMay 6, 2015
Pros: great people and patients
Cons: no breaks
No manager. Finally hired one after a year. Seemed hard at times to know who was in charge. People were great and very friendly. You have to love winter to work here.
Cleaning patients rooms
Housekeepeer (Former Employee), Miklwaukee wiApril 13, 2015
Pros: free luch
Cons: short breaks
keeping the environment clean,helping others ,and setting goals. Greeting patients making sure their rooms is clean and disinfected
working with various insurance vendors for financial viability of company by insuring that approvals are in place before services as needed
Precert Representative (Former Employee), West Allis, WIApril 13, 2015
Pros: Management would work with associates on a last minute as needed for family, or other personal request not shown on department schedule, lunches and breaks were great, coworkers were willing to help, managment would meet with you regarding work related issues, managment supported some departmental suggestion from representatives.
Cons: management was not always supportive of personal growth within department, there was some favoritism per others complaint.
A typical day at work would start out with daily connection, such as department updates, promotions / leaves and Q/A following. After this representatives would follow up on previous days accounts and work according to department protocol. Inpatients, outpatients, surgical procedures. Working with insurance companies such as Cigna, Anthem, Unitedhealthcare and Molina to obtain prior authorizations consisted of finding appropriate diagnosis and procedure codes to obtain approval. If care review department needed more medical history on a specific patient to overturn a denial representatives would contact the patient by phone for more medical information not contained in medical notes recieved from the physicians office. This information would be called into the contact person at the insurance company or faxed per their request. On occasion representative would contact the patient or clinic informing them of a denial or authorization.
Great place, but SOME poor managers/leaders
Asst (Former Employee), Racine, WIApril 8, 2015
Pros: Patients and Coworkers
Cons: SOME of Managment/leaders feel untouchable
The people running WFHC don't have a clue about the mistreatment of employees by leaders. I think if they knew it would change. Employees are to scared to take it to the top. Mainly because you don't know who to trust or the outcome. HR and management are facebook or personal buddies, so you can't go to them. Their way or the highway- by all means necessary. They will do and say anything to cover themselves and their tracks, be careful about complaining or reporting your manager! If you get a great manager your lucky otherwise be ready. PS document everything, I did It just may come in handy one day!!
fast paced and ability to multi task
Group Leader (Current Employee), Racine, WIApril 4, 2015
Pros: Learning how to modivate everyone to work efficiently
Cons: On most days there are no breaks or lunch
Most days are fast paced I've learned how to work with a variety of people and learn their weakness and strong points.The hardest part of the day is making sure everyone is logged in and doing and staying where they should be.Managers give me support on my decisions at work.Most enjoyable part is making sure patients rooms are clean and interacting with patients and visitors.
VERY STRICK POLICY WITH NO EXCEPTIONS
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee), MILWAUKEE WIApril 3, 2015
Pros: EDUCATIONAL
Cons: NOT SUPPORTIVE
I WAS IN A AUTO ACCIDENT AND MISSED WORK AND WAS FIRED. THERE ATTENDANCE POLICY HAS NO ROOM FOR EXCEPTIONS. THEY DO NOT ALLOW FOR UNEXPECTED OCCURANCES.
Productive place to work. Able to take steps into different fields after being there for six months. Works great with employees school scedules.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Racine, WIApril 2, 2015
Pros: meeting new people within the hospital
Cons: having to take breaks alone
I enjoy working with a good crew. It makes the day go by faster by hearing and telling jokes, seeing people smile and telling one another about our lives. A typical day for me is to come in at 5:45 making sure everything is stocked and ready for the line to start. I help fix patient trays by putting there entrée, drinks, desserts, and sides on their tray. We continue our day like this until it's time for a break. Even on break I may help someone that has a question. The hardest part of my day is when I'm alone on the cold side of the line and ten tickets print and no one wants to help out. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I stop preparing trays and start stocking up for second shift because I know it's almost time to go home.
Overall Job
Patient Service Representative/ Greet (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 29, 2015
Overall my job at Wheaton is okay. There are good days and bad days, everyday is different. This job has taught me that staying calm in tough situations is the best way to get out of the situation.
Great place to work; fosters growth and learning
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 20, 2015
A typical day at work was spent assessing newborns and mothers after delivery. I provided education and teaching to patients and their families, and evaluated the newborn-mother relationship.
fun workplace
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Racine, WIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no breaks
loved the patients I took care of.like the people I worked with Did not like the human resourse department needed more help
Bilingual Financial Counselor
Bilingual Payer Services Representative (Former Employee), West Allis, WIMarch 17, 2015
I worked in the T19 Medicaid dept. I entered all insurance payment and worked all claims denial for proper payment

I worked all bilingual clients explaining their deductibles and copay payment
Diversified work culture.
Transcription Services - Administrative Support (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: open communication to discuss new processes to improve work flow
Cons: no flexibility with new work culture.
Ability to make decisions and start new work processes to produce productivity and a good work environment for staff. Learning a lot about working between management and staff and how to keep open, productive lines of communication. Hardest was working and meeting these same standards when organization was transitioned to the Wheaton culture.
Wheaton All-Saints
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Racine, WIFebruary 11, 2015
Wheaton All-Saints is a great environment to work in surrounded with remarkable people. Almost every employee will smile or say hello to another whether knowing each other or not. The management team is outstanding and always available for their employees at all times. They make truly make each employee part of the team. I enjoy the interactions I have with my team members and patients most.
Friendly, laid back work environment
Insurance Claims Biller (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAJanuary 27, 2015
I am responsible for first time medical claim filing, mail sorting, claims follow up when insurance doesn't pay correctly, and handling phone calls from patients and insurance companies regarding claims issues.
A busy environment with exciting challenges.
Materials/Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee), Wauwatosa, WIJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: job security.
Cons: pay increases do not keep up with inflation.
A typical day at work involves receiving and distribution of all supplies throughout the facility. Picking orders from the warehouse and distributing all items. I have learned much about supply chain and logistics in 20 years with the company. In general my co-workers are hard working and dedicated individuals. The hardest part of the job is that being in a hospital environment can be hectic, but I also see this as a positive because I enjoy the fast paced environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I know that I am helping people on a daily basis.
Management helpful
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Brookfield, WIJanuary 20, 2015
I enjoy working at Franciscan Woods as a newer nurse in such a supportive environment. Everyday is a learning experience and I have the ability to page my nurse manager if needed, rather than hunting them down. They also answer their pages promptly and are happy to help. Patient load is a max of 20 patients and is not too overwhelming like a lot of places.
Release of Information Specialist
Release of Information Specialist (Current Employee), Franklin,WIOctober 28, 2014
Prepare billing reports, expense reports, audits, and collections reports as they relate to the release of information function. Creates Excel invoices and collects funds from insurance companies. Communicate with patients, attorneys, insurance companies, physicians and others on a daily basis. Act as a customer liaison for customers, physicians, hospital staff and others on laws and regulations pertaining to the release of medical records. Well versed in the federal and state statues, laws, and regulations (including HIPPA regulations).
Kitchen/ Room Service
Cashier (Food Services) (Former Employee), Glendale, WIOctober 28, 2014
Came in on shift periods and clocked in ready to attend to the kitchen. Would then get the day started by preparing the kitchen then greeting the patients. Once the pace speeds up and the day is moving I would then monitor the lunch feeds for the patients dietary statuses and request. then sending out and sometimes preparing the meals for the patients.
Great experience
Sr. Director of Planning (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working at Wheaton and enjoyed the people that I worked with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

Wheaton Franciscan Services (WFSI) is the parent company for more than 100 health care, housing, and social service organizations – Read more

Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Salaries