Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare

Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Employee Reviews

Tedious and unfulfilling job but dedicated and professional staff.
Care Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 30, 2016
Wheaton places a strong emphasis on training and professionalism within the workplace. Once Ascencian took over, however, support for staff became nonexistent due to the paranoia over job security. It was really challenging to be a part of a wonderful work environment and see it change drastically once the company was bought out. Ascencian cut numerous positions and took away benefits from many exemplary employees. Very disheartening. Someone commented that Ascencian is known as "the Walmart of healthcare." The Franciscan nuns would be devastated to see how the company greatly departs from their mission of creating a compassionate and caring hospital. I would strongly suggest seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
Used to be a caring and compassionate place with great benefits.
Cons
Ascencian does not treat its employees well and has slashed many of its benefits for employees.
Keeps You On Your Toes
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIAugust 29, 2016
A day at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare is never dull. Admissions and discharges all day with all different walks of life. Associates are very pleasant to one another as well to patients and visitors. For a hospital, it seemed as though everyone knew everyone. Personally, my team was excellent at what they were hired to do. We all played a role, whether it was stocking, running trays, cleaning, cooking, answering the phones, or cashiering. If one person fell behind it put all of us behind so it was very important for us to work as a team. Although, sometimes it was strenuous work, the way we affected and helped the patients was immensely rewarding. I am truly thankful that I was part of this team for six years.
Pros
Cheap lunches, flexible hours, compensation(pay and vacation)
Cons
Short breaks, bias, favorites, unequal reprimands, often call ins
what I liked about my job
Payor Services Representative (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJanuary 18, 2017
Steady work flow with no time to get bored. Friendly atmosphere where co-workers are willing to help if needed. You are given the ability to advance or change positions if qualified.
Pros
Good medical benefits
Managers below standards-but think they know it all.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 24, 2016
Lacks manger skills, just don't like conflicts and don't like to deal with it, just write up a person. Don't follow through with meeting updates and emails. Take employee input and presents as their own to get credit and praised, leaving you with no knowledge that it was your idea in the first place. Believe only what they hear without checking with employee for their view. Managers alway saying"nothing I can do about it"...but really not wanting to deal with problem since it is a close friend of theirs. Did not recognized "care grams" presented, because didn't want to acknowledge good workers. Lacks common sense skills because they have the college degree and thinks everyone under them are "below average". We have policies in general, then have a department policy then have another set of policies by manager when they feel needed, always changing rules mid stream. Enjoyed job I did helping patients. Had lots of abusive Fmla employees. Health insurance poor for hmo.
Managers overklooked late employees, and just doled out their work to other coworkers, so manger could make monthly project goals. Overlooked late and longer lunches also. To much time searching internet and personal emails on company time, and when reported did nothing, Manager also did the same.
Pros
Flex time, enjoyed working with patient to resolve problems
Cons
Lack of communication, management very poor
Great Place to work
Patient access representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 7, 2017
Very interesting place to work, great people and patients. Benefits are awesome I believe you wont be disappointed. The pay could be better.
Don't offer a good work/home life balance, benefits ok, pay not great
Training (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WINovember 8, 2016
Working in the office the pay isn't that great for the amount of work you do. Benefits a good. Work/home balance not good. Seem to lose a lot of people.
Don't go there!!
Environmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 13, 2016
This place puts their workers in situations they should'nt be in. If you get hurt, like I did, they ironically lose all of your reports so it looks like it never happened. Benefits were ok. Have an awesome Employee Assistance Program.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Don't stand behind their employees
If you don't work for the kitchen you are fine
Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJuly 27, 2016
I worked as a food service worker and although marianjoy is a good place to work at with good benefits and OK pay, the managers in that department we're terrible. I told someone I would go back had they been replaced.
Pros
The sisters, benefits
Cons
management
Patient volume varies.
St. Joseph - CT Tech (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 19, 2016
The amount of patients we had on any given day varied. The ER provided the most patients, with out patients and floor patients being the least. The hospital has closed most of the floors, but still has an ICU. Outpatients are scheduled but the schedule is rarely filled and many of the patients fail to show.

The co-workers are pleasant enough, some better than others as all jobs are.

The management is OK, they try, but aren't always effective as in most jobs.
Pros
The company has recently been taken over and the results are hopefully going to be for the better.
Cons
The company has recently been taken over and the consequences of this are now being seen.
Prodictive, the only problem is taking vacation
Spanish Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIFebruary 23, 2017
a busy typical day of work but fun, experience the ability of deal with patients and coworkers even do that i have done that all my life,good management skill, nice workplace culture, the hardest part is the distance to drive from place to place and been able to schedule vacation on a short time, the most enjoyable part was the friendship with coworkers and hospital personnel

Want to know more about Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare?

Ask a question
Difficult situations dealt with ease and help of management.
Patient Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 13, 2016
I took patient complaints for the hospital's Patient Relations Department but with assistance and guidance, if needed, from superiors, issues were resolved through appropriate communication with management and patients. A great pleasure in being able to listen to patients with patience and a fabulous tight-knit work team. Sometimes if issues couldn't be resolved with patients I took it personally but always as a part of my team we connected to see what if anything else we could have done on either patient or management side to improve for future situations.
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare
Clinical Champion (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IADecember 9, 2016
No typical day at work, everyday was different depending on the information of issues or concerns that were conveyed to me. Investigating and escalation of those concerns for the implementation of the EPIC product in seven facilities in Wisconsin brought to light the skills needed for that large of a project. Project management and creation of governance committees to assist in system wide decisions were a large portion of the process for a successful implementation.
Pros
Variety in my day, some travel, the associates and markets that I worked with
Cons
At times too much travel
There are better options
MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 2, 2016
I am writing this review strictly for the MRI department. Manager could not be worse. Turnover of staff is incredible because of her style of managing. Hours change all the time, number of hours you are on call and called in do not create good work life balance. You work at multiple sites on different magnets with no set schedule. Did I mention the manager is terrible.
Pros
Good radiologist to work with
Cons
Manager is not good. High turnover of staff.
Good review
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, WIMay 20, 2016
Good review
Overall rating*
good
good
Wheaton
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Franklin, WIJune 21, 2016
Good company to work for. This company has good benefits Management is always willing to help you when necessary.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not applicable
very productive environment, very busy emergency department
Health Unit Coordinator , Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 15, 2016
Management was great, great coworkers, hardest part of job was dealing with disrespectful patients, most enjoyable part of the job was saving lives, I learned how to multitask and move quickly in emergency situations, I learned a lot about health and I was able to sit in on some of the ER Physician's teaching. Great experience!!!
Pros
Variety of Experience
Cons
Too busy in the ER to have one Health Unit Coordinator
Team work and Collaberation
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJanuary 23, 2017
I loved being able to work as a team not only with your own department but along side the nursing staff. Learning about the background as to why you were drawing the labs you were drawing, and how the results of those blood draws would change the path of their treatment regimens. The management team was very easy to get along with and your team members became like a second family working so closely together day to day.
fun place to work
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIJune 16, 2016
great experience. Nice peers. Nurse patient ratio manageable.Great pay and good benefits. Nice doctors, nurses, CNAS, and management.
Many good years but times change
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 24, 2017
Transcription department had parties once in a while for the holidays and employees' birthdays, even after I appreciating a new employee working on second shift. There was a real nice rapport with everyone. The union could not do anything about closing the department and sending everyone to another hospital in the network, or reassigning to a different position. When I transferred, productivity polices were too challenging. Everyone was just trying to keep up; there was no time for so much socializing - or you had to stay later.
Pros
parties and making friends
Cons
lost security
Great People to work with
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 24, 2016
Upper management not so good - very top heavy - lot of politics of course. Loved the people - everyone is so nice and kind and caring. Ascension took over and cleaned house - thousands of positions eliminated.
Pros
nice people
Cons
way behind in technology and no where for me to advance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9