Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Employee Reviews

great career experience with added benefits of live long friendships
RN Staff Nurse and supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 9, 2017
At the time I worked there I earned a great salary and made friendships that have lasted today! It was my first job after graduating from nursing school. It gave me the knowledge need to embark on my career. It is there I learned the basics of my nursing skills . In such areas as organization, delegation and supervision. I also learned the importance of team effort and still utilize it in my present job. No man is an island. We need each other in order to succeed.
Pros
knowledge building
Cons
none that made a lasting impression
Productive always felt like a team player. Staff and myself are truly dedicated team and I will truly miss working for Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIDecember 1, 2017
In the medical field you must have specific supplies, physician preferred at times to perform surgical procedures. Obtaining those supplies during the HINI, Eboli epidemic was challenging and fun.
I enjoyed getting quality products at a lower cost. I enjoyed working with the department managers, physicians, nursing staff so they would be able to provide efficient and quality care for our patients.
At times the staff would call with rush orders, and it felt good to be able to provide them with next day products.
Pros
Being part of a caring team.
Cons
Having to give this up after working for WFHC for 38Y.
Some days good and some days stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 30, 2017
Typical healthcare environment: some days are fun and enjoyable and some days can be stressful and overwhelming. Lots of changes going on and some good and some stressful.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short lunch time
A Christian culture that valued each individual as a creation of God; ability to speak freely and have your ideas listened to.
Vice President, Lab Services (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 29, 2017
I was blessed to have a continual progressive opportunities to expand by skill-sets. My leadership always showed me a "listening ear" and trust; and I strove diligently to not let them down. My leaders throughout my career were very knowledge and patience individuals who trusted me to enact many new projects (many at great cost) that I endeavored to accomplish (all of which succeeded); it was great to earn and keep their trust.
My staff was very hard working and independent in their skill-sets as well. We worked very hard to establish a unified laboratory across SE WI (across six hospitals and dozens of medical group centers). Pathology was wonderful to work with, flexible, knowledgeable and very professional. They were friends.
Pros
Ability to envision new concepts and bring them to fruitian; opportunity and accountability.
Cons
Nothing worth mentioning
productive but stressful
Managed Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time working here. The job taught me to deal with change. The hardest part of the job was stress and lack of public interaction. Management was very helpful.
benefits
Cons
stress
Would not recommend
Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 22, 2017
Wheaton was great until Ascension took over. They are more concerned with numbers and the bottom line over employees and patients. But it is expected from a Catholic based ministry.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management is horrible, created a fear based environment, if you are not liked makes the workplace intolerable.
Excellent work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 13, 2017
Great place to work people are friendly.. Love it good team work costumers service.. clean place to work good environment great doctors an nursing skill team
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Great health benefits
Hit or miss
Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WINovember 12, 2017
Wheaton Franciscan is in the process of changing to Ascension. With that change comes a different style of management, run more like a business then a nonprofit Catholic organization. Ascenion's new style of management focuses more on numbers and not always its patients or the function within each indvidual entity. Meaning, just because something looks good on paper doesn't necessarily mean it works in the day to day flow within a clinic or hospital. Also, what might work in one type of clinic/hospital doesn't always work in another.
Overall Good-Until Ascension transition
Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, wiNovember 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, however, when they were acquired by Ascension, there was a lot of uncertainty around infrastructure and if positions would still exist under new ownership.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Long hours, long commute, uncertainty under new management
Horrible Management
Exercise Physiologist II (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 9, 2017
The formal review process was entirely subjective. Schedule changed weekly with no notice. Time off requests required 3 months notice, Promotion, pay raise, time off and the schedule was determined by if the manager liked you as opposed to your work performance. Health insurance requires you use their facilities. I liked the job, patients, and most of my coworkers, but the management made the job intolerable.
Cons
schedule, subjective review process, managers
Decent Place to Work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 8, 2017
The company has since changed their name to Ascension. The management was changing at the time I left, willingly due to school. The overall environment was a very much "non team" and back biting one.
good organization
Revenue Cycle Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 25, 2017
Organization with good mission, vision and values. Allow the employees flex time to be able to accommodate work and personal life. Good opportunity for advancement.
Very fast paced
Health Unit Coordinator Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 23, 2017
Good place to work. Sometimes get lost within the big organization. There are some very good leaders within the organization. I worked there for more than 20 years.
Pros
Keep very busy with a lot of opportunities.
Cons
Sometimes a person can get lost within this large organization.
Patient focused
Clinic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIOctober 19, 2017
My experience was slighted due to my direct manager. All other staff and providers were wonderful to work with and truly worked together as a team and cared for their patients.
No Comment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WI 53132October 18, 2017
I have no comment at this time due to possible retaliation. Only thing I am willing to say is the benefits are competitive. Since Ascension took over there has been a complete change of morale
positive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 17, 2017
When I was employed at wheaton a typical days was overseeing coders, My coders worked to make sure the account receivables were where the facility needed to be. Learned how to multitask. The hardest part of my job was the horrible attitude of my manager. She was always micro-managing . She never saw the positive in anything.
Her employee reviews were so negative she had to be coached each year on how to manage, The most enjoyable part of the job was internetting with all the different disciplines and employees. You could learn something interesting everyday I learned how to communicate with the physicians, I learned how to schedule and complete payroll. Also would do coding myself to help decrease the dollar amount of the account receivables.I had to attend many meetings. I held monthly coding meetings and meetings to educate on the new codes. Also I did employee evaluations
Pros
health insurance and good salary
Cons
micromanagemment
take over by Ascension
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIOctober 7, 2017
The company is going through a very stressful time since the take over by Ascension. No one knew if they would have a job and you had to reapply and the jobs weren't even the same and they cut a lot of jobs.
No Job Security
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIOctober 6, 2017
Currently I feel unsure about Job Security. We have been without a supervisor for over a month and our director has another co-worker handling our, time cards,work schedule and other things I do not feel comfortable with this person knowing. I do not know what the future holds for this Occupational health clinic without proper management.
decent office enviornment with flexible schedule
Payor services Representative (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIOctober 3, 2017
Its your typical office environment, mostly women work here and it can get "catty" but for the most part everyone is nice. The location is decent, there is a café on site. The Hank arron trail is right next to the parking lot.
Pros
management is approachable and easy to talk to, flexible schedules.
Cons
The pay is decent but not as high as other organizations, lots of changes constantly
Nice place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 30, 2017
It is a nice place to work and the Dr's are amazing and willing to teach and explain things to. I've learned how to do IVs, EKG's, hearing and eye tests and so much more.
Pros
reps bringing in breakfast and lunch almost daily
Cons
getting time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.