Wheaton Park District Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Fun, competitive environment that encourages inclusion
Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILMarch 5, 2016
Once a week I would organize a volleyball practice for a small group of pre-teen girls. Because the Wheaton Park District is so inclusive, the hardest part of the job was learning how to handle those who were not as coachable. I learned creative alternatives to describing certain skills and drills. I really enjoyed working with the girls and creating a team-first attitude.
fun learning coaching skills
I would coach the kids (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 10, 2015
being a referee is fun, you learn how to take control of and entire basketball court and learn basketball calls and communicating skills as well, its not a hard job its real simple and smooth and you also learn to work with different age groups.
Pros
learning to coach, and have fun at the sametime
Cons
nothing bad about the job
kept you busy
Park Maintenance Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILSeptember 27, 2015
if you enjoy working outdoors it was a great place to be. most everyone was hired at part time and was not given benefits. when a full time position opened everyone would apply and they would pick someone they liked not based on their work performance. if they did not like you they would got out of their way to make sure to get rid of you
Pros
out doors, variety of different things to do ona daily basis
Cons
manangement and benefits
A wonderful place to work along with an amazing staff.
Customer Service & Cash Handling Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, IllinoisDecember 24, 2013
Mangagement as well as co-workers are very pleasant to work with. I love the variety of duties; keeping you on your toes. Also as first point of contact in a busy Park District Community Center, I have met and helped many interesting people.
Pros
imrf, positive working environment
Cons
healthcare, part-time
Great company because their main goal was to make the community happy
BASEBALL UMPIRE (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILOctober 8, 2013
The WPD also know as the Wheaton Park District is absolutely great. Each day i worked i would umpired baseball games from ages 10-14. The parents were all great and never had any type of problem with any of them. I learned that when you bring a smile to a young kids face is one of the best feelings someone could have.
I also learned that being a leader and a great role model is very important to younger kids. The hardest part of the job was maintaining and completing the job on a hot summer day. And as i mentioned before the best part of the job was bringing smiles to the players as well as the coaches and fans.
A lively outdoor setting centered around public aquatics
Senior Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILAugust 14, 2013
As a lifeguard, I was taught the best rescue and resuscitation procedures in order to ensure the safest environment possible for all our patrons.
Pros
frequent shifts in positions to avoid fatigue and maintain focused
Cons
physically taxing over long periods of time
Fun and Encouraging Workplace
Hola Amigos Spanish Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 20, 2012
I really enjoyed all of the work that I have done at the Wheaton Park District. They offered me a unique experience and gave me a lot of freedom to create and teach programs that I really believed in. My superiors were very encouraging and pushed me to be inventive. I really appreciate everything that the Wheaton Park District has done to help me get experience and get started on my career path.
Pros
experience
Cons
far commute

4.4