Wheelabrator Technologies Inc. Employee Reviews

Its a nice place
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 5, 2017
Its a nice place to work I prep and paint and unprep some times help put together things I was a temp worker there to and thay showed me how to wield my job ended
Not a great place at all.
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 30, 2017
People there are nice for the most part, but the senior managers are ruthless. The live in expensive homes, drive expensive cars, take long, expensive vacations, but work the employees for little pay, low recognition and no job security.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Great place to work if you're a masacist.
excellence
Laborer Worker( power plant) (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 11, 2017
Overall excellent company with a great culture room for advancement easy to get along people. The mind and work set of employee is outstanding i was completely satified with the experience
Working to many jobs around plant
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJune 17, 2017
working to many jobs around plant. Rules changes on a daily base. Never see upper managers to see who employer are doing, unless corporate plan to visit.
Pros
Plenty of overtime
Cons
no life outside of work
Great office and people
Financial Analyst Temp (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHFebruary 21, 2017
Would recommend to anyone in NH seacoast. It is a growing company with excellent leadership, and excellent compensation. Can't say enough positive things about it.
Assistant utility operator (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MAJanuary 13, 2017
12 hours days with rotating schedule. No work home balance at all. Equipment is always broken. Pay is great. Co workers are awesome.Turnover is extremely high.
Pros
Great pay, great advancement opportunity.
Cons
Not enough life balance.
Working for Wheelabrator Technologies
1st Class Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Frackville, PAJanuary 7, 2017
In the 16+ years that I have worked for this company I have learned a lot about the civilian power plants. I have learned not only to be a boiler tube welder but a maintenance mechanic also.
A rewarding place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hudson Falls, NYDecember 15, 2016
I worked in the maintenance department for approximately 8 years. I learned to weld, pipe fit, and fabricate various safety guards for equipment. Wheelabrator is an OSHA VPP site which means, safety was a high priority and is something that everyone emphasized while working there.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
shutdowns were very tough
Contractor
Procurement Analyst (Current Employee) –  Westville, NJSeptember 19, 2016
Currently employed as a contractor working towards full time employment opportunities Continue to support ongoing activities as needed
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
N/a
Good paying job with decent benefits
assistant plant operator (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAAugust 12, 2016
A typical day consists of doing rounds in the plant. Taking care of emissions equipment in a safe and orderly fashion. Over the years I have learned what makes a power plant run. Steam and electrical generation were key elements in keeping this establishment running efficiently. The hardest part of the job was the twelve hour shifts, running days, nights, weekends, and holidays. The best part of the job was working primarily with a good group of guys with a decent pay rate.
Pros
hourly rate. Benefits. Time off periods
Cons
working many nights, holidays, and weekends away from family
Great overtime / Abusive Atmosphere
AUO (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MAJune 24, 2016
Extremely abusive work place. One lead and Vice President are engaged in an inappropriate relationship which results in laws and rules being broken. You can make a lot of money in overtime but the abuse and dangers are not worth it. I would recommend to work for Covanta. Ever since Waste Management left the place has gone down hill.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Abusive leads and Vice President
good place to work
Welder / Forklift Certified / Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 11, 2016
busy, i learned alot over the years of working there good management, nothing was hard, the work.was the best part of the job
Good money, long hard hours
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 24, 2016
Great place to start your power plant career. Decent money,average benefits. Get one or two years & move on. New company took over & are not putting necessary funding into maintaining facility properly. You'll make good money, but you'll have no personal life. Very inconsistent scheduling, 12 hour shifts,nights,weekends & holidays. 6 to 10 scheduled outages per year and a few forced outages per year. If you're in it for the money? Good for you. But definitely life /work balance needs to improve.
The company sold this sector off
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 31, 2016
The company is no longer having this sector of the business. My boss was awesome, learned a lot from him. the company offered many employees family events.
Pros
awesome boss
Cons
health care
Overall Work Experience
Accounting/Finance (Former Employee) –  Hampton, NHNovember 13, 2015
Wheelabrator has a tremendous culture. Throughout the organization, there is a sense of pride and a desire to continually improve the business with compensation and benefits extremely fair.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits
Cons
Extremely Competitive Market, Challenging Commodity Market
Great work/life balance.
Sr. Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hampton, NHJuly 23, 2015
I really enjoy working at Wheelabrator. The people and management are really there for the employees. They are great with helping the employees find the balance between work and their personal lives.
Pros
Holiday outings, merchandise
Cons
Healthcare is not horrible, but could be better
Enjoy work, all the employees and report to controller
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, NHJuly 22, 2015
Working with co was very exiting, learned lot of rules and nyc billing procedure. Management was very helpful so I did my work efficiently. My co workers were very helpful, they helped me when I had a problem and question. Hardest part of the job was when they install a new procedure , training took a long time. Most enjoyable part of the job was I made my controller happy and co workers also so the job was well done.
Pros
Training and benefits were very good and company was not any cash flow problem
Cons
Sometime I had to work Saturday but I liked it.
Pass
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lisbon CtApril 25, 2015
Wheelabrator allowed me to advance and grow, they were family to my family... In the twenty one years that I worked at Wheelabrator I built relationships that will stay with me always. Great people.
Good pay, poor management
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLMarch 25, 2015
The compensation is fair and there are plenty of great employees but there is a lack of trust between management and staff. A lot of miss communication.
ok
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 17, 2015
a lot of hard work, 12 hours days spend more time at work then home good starting job learn a lot have no life though. made 90k first year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wheelabrator Technologies Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.