Wheeler Clinic

Wheeler Clinic Employer Reviews

In home clinicians are overworked
Clinician (Current Employee), New BritainApril 15, 2014
Pros: mileage compensation
Cons: long hours, high case load
More of an emphasis on making the company money through billing than clients. Poor management, inexperienced supervisors and HIGH turnover with clinicians and supervisors. Unrealistic expectations, no ability for individual growth.
Productivity
Case Manager (Current Employee), Hartford, CTMarch 25, 2014
Pros: mileage pay
Cons: too much driving no lunch time
My typical day at work would be communicating with the school officials, hunting the students down, making sure the they are in school and check on their academic progress. Work hand in hand with clinicians, attorneys, Probation and Parole officers, and with school officials. The hardest part of the job is ending services within six moths when the clients – more... is still in need of services. – less
Unethical company, therapists-run away fast!
Clinician (Former Employee), CTNovember 8, 2013
Cons: no morals, cannot move up, care more about money than clients
Company cares more about making money off clients than giving clients the care they truly deserve. You will risk your professional license if you work for this company. Management truly does not care about their employees wants, needs, or interests, there are no professional advancement opportunities. All trainings surround what wheeler requires, you – more... aren't given time to attend trainings that interest you. Therapists, professionals, anyone with a soul that would like to keep it- run, run away fast! – less
A non-profit service for the community in Bristol.
Court Liaison (Former Employee), Bristol, CTOctober 17, 2013
This position allowed me to interact with other employees and distribute information to Court and legal personnel, additionally set with the task of completing files for new referrals.
Great company, satisfaction with work depends on the department
Multisystemic Therapist (Current Employee), Plainville, CTFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: paid mileage when doing home visits
Cons: healthcare isn't that great
A lot of paperwork, a lot of expectations. Good company overall, however, lengthy hours. Co-workers are kind and caring, supervisors can be very demanding.
Great place to help those in need.
Transportation Assistant (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJanuary 25, 2013
I learned a sufficient amount on how to deal with juveniles and tactics on how to provide them with positive outlooks and behavior traits that would assist them throughout life. Management did play a role as the eyes above but they must when dealing in a non-profit field such as this one. The toughest part was preventing a negative atmosphere from arising – more... with several adolescents of diverse backgrounds being so close to each other but giving my all to these children was by far the most rewarding job I have ever had. – less
Experienced Administra Assistant
Receptionist (Current Employee), Harford, CTJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: team player
Cons: heathcare
I enjoy working in the administrative field, I love meeting new people everyday.
Wonderful and respectful place to work
Senior Network Administrator (Former Employee), Plainville, CTJuly 28, 2012
Pros: wonderful environment with great staff and families
I worked at Wheeler Clinic for 10 years as a foster parent as well as a Network Administrator. This is an agency that touches my heart with all the work they do to aid children and families as well as Adults.
Their intentions to helping communnity and clients are lovely and very sincere.
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee), Plainville, CTJune 29, 2012
Pros: upper management are constantly appreciative of all staff.
Cons: shift changes: should be discussed with line staff.
Coworkers always share workloads or divide tasks fairly and will rotate willingly. This makes the job easy to enjoy if the day is without incident; but with incident, you must fight the guilt of consequences that must be given to stay consistant with all clients.
Rewarding working with youth
Direct Care Counselor (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJune 25, 2012
Pros: fast paced
Cons: trauma of youth
A typical day consisted of providing a safe environment of youth in the group home meeting all of their needs on a daily basis. Monitoring all behaviors that residents exhibit. The hardest part of my job was the trauma that the youth have experienced in their life. The most enjoyable part was the progress that the youth would make.
Productive and fun place to work
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee), Plainville, CTJune 25, 2012
Administer medication to children. Help the children with their homework. Provide activities for the children while maintaining a safe environment for them to play. Working with the children has bought me great joy. The most challenging part of my job would have to be working over night.
Wheeler Clinic
Direct Care Counselor (Current Employee), Plainville, CTMay 22, 2012
Pros: good experience
Cons: n/a
I work as a per diem at Wheeler Clinic in one of the Congregant Care Homes as a Direct Care Counselor. I have had a very god experience working with this position. I usually work 3rd shift. I also assist the client's to wake up and get them ready for the day. I also get breakfast ready for the client's and clean the house. I get along well with my cowokers. – more... The hardest part of this job is staying up through the night hours. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to assist client's to substance goals for their lifes and assisting them to accomplish the goals. – less
Its ok
Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Hartford, CtMarch 5, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lack of support
I have worked for this organization for some years, and it is time to grow.