Wheeler Staffing Partners Employee Reviews

Recruiter
Staffing Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 3, 2017
pros : fun people to work with and good starter job
cons : pay is not great , no benefits , unorganized and a high turn over rate. However, Staff is friendly and helpful, and it has been one of the better contract experiences I have had in my job search. So far, it's been a great company to work for.
low paying job with unrealistic expectations
Retail RPO Lead/Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 29, 2017
coworkers are fun and its cool that you get to wear jeans. The pay is horrible and they have unrealistic expectations of "entry level" recruiters. They expect people who have never recruited before to hire 6+ people in their first week with barely any training. The manager was unprofessional and was hardly ever around when you actually needed help. They get nad at some people fir wearing tshirt and sneakers and then allow others to wear whatever they want. the play favorites A LOT!
Pros
friendly coworkers, sometimes free pizza, jeans, close to good lunch spots
Cons
attendance policy, low pay, high turnover, unprofessional manager, unrealistic expectations
Recruit clients for positions based on posted resumes online.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 17, 2017
Chaotic work environment although sometimes fun. Management is unorganized and unwilling to coach or teach. Dog eat dog atmosphere with little team work. Unstable on employment.
Pros
Job duties were easy to do.
Cons
Management was terrible and job was based on luck.
Official response from Wheeler Staffing Partners
July 24, 2017

Thank you for your post. Here at WSP, we are always striving to improve and further the success of our company and always welcome feedback. There have been recent changes in upper management (as with any company, change is inevitable) and are confident in the positive changes this will bring. This is most certainly a production driven environment, and while at times goals can be challenging, they are absolutely attainable as we have had employees here for years. I will respectively disagree on the comment surrounding team work, as this is one of the best teams I have worked with in my 5 years in the Recruiting industry. Recruiting is broken into teams however, each recruiter is paid bonuses upon their own successful hires thus creating more competition among the recruiters. If you have any additional concerns or suggestions for improvement, we are welcome to feedback. Please contact our HR department directly.

Great job.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Wonderful workplace environment. They have great trainers and great employees working for them. It's an ever growing company and they're always looking for people. So if you're on time and a good worker and willing to learn the system you'll do
Pros
Great hours great pay
Cons
None that I can see
Good management, treated with respect, fun culture
Recruier (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2017
I've been doing Recruiting pretty much since I got out of college and I've been with Wheeler now for over 2 years and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I'm treated with respect here by management and coworkers - they trust me to get my job done and provide constant words of affirmation and constructive criticism when needed - all to make me better. We have a very "work hard, play hard" mentality here. Hard work and success is a common goal among the team, but we have fun doing it. Also the flexibility and PTO time we get here is so generous and something I do not take for granted. This is an environment I thrive in.
Pros
Strong management/coworkers, work environment, growth/learning opportunities, quality clients, 4 weeks of PTO
Cons
healthcare is expensive, no 401k, moving offices
Growth opportunities are great
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Wheeler SP allowed me to join the team with no prior recruiting experience about 2 years ago. Training was brief, however I was able to catch on quickly by just meeting the metrics that are set in place. Have since moved on to move challenging positions within the company.

The people that I work with are all great as well.
Cons
Benefits could be better
Rewarding, fast pace position, with great people
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 8, 2017
When I started I had no prior recruiting experience and this was my first "office job". Previously I waited tables and I like this position because there is never a dull moment. I enjoy talking with people on the phone and there is always something to keep me busy. I make 50-60 calls per day and when I get someone hired it is very rewarding. There is very limited training but people in my cube are very nice and helpful.
Pros
Great people. Fun environment. One of the best jobs ive had
Cons
limited training.
Great environment and rewarding!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 8, 2017
This is a fast-paced environment and production based. It's always rewarding to find new people jobs! We do have a diverse group of people but we always have a good laugh together.
Pros
CEO buys pizza, work trips
Cons
Lack of 401K, sometimes office it to cold
great people to work with
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 1, 2017
I made phone calls all over the U.S and recruited people for open positions
Gave them interviews over the phone
Used double screen computers and made 40-100 calls a day.
Pros
an hour lunch and a few 10 min breaks throughout the day
Great company for growth
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 20, 2017
I love this company. Just wish they had more money to offer. High ethics and great people! They took me in with no experience and introduced me to a career that I love.
work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 17, 2017
pros : fun people to work with and good starter job
cons : pay is not great , no benefits , unorganized and a high turn over rate.

that's pretty much it.
Personable staff that is professional; Excellent opportunities
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I am currently working at WheelerSP as a contract employee. While they were able to find me a position in my field of work, they also offer staffing solutions to a wide variety of markets - IT, Healthcare, Payroll/Benefits, Sales, Retail, etc. Everything from entry level to C-level. Staff is friendly and helpful, and it has been one of the better contract experiences I have had in my job search. So far, its been a great company to work for.
Pros
friendly, helpful, occasional free lunches
Cons
They are growing rapidly, so at times work stations were smaller until office space was expanded
Thankful for Wheeler Staffing Partners help!
Carrier Relations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I am thankful for the opportunity that Wheeler Staffing Partners offered me. I was working in retail as a store merchandiser when they called me about an opportunity. I worked as a contractor for 6 months and at the end of that contract my recruiter contacted me about a full time opportunity that was paying quite a bit more. As of today I accepted the position and looking forward to my future with this company.
Pros
Caring staff that loves to help
Cons
Timecard system is a pain but have heard they are upgrading.
Horrible relationships, no contact with employees
Bankruptcy Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IANovember 16, 2015
The company I was working at for Wheeler ended its contract with Wheeler. I went to work across town for two days and was sent home before anyone from wheeler contacted me.
Cons
Worst comapny I've worked for
Great People, Great Opportunity
Talent Acquisition Manager for BenefitMall (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 25, 2015
I just started with WheelerSP in November and I have already been given the tools to grow into a management position. WheelerSP is growing extremely fast and the opportunities are endless. The leadership staff will go above and beyond to make sure that all the employees are given the proper tools to be successful. With WSP you are able to have a voice and you are not just a number in a corporation. I have truly enjoyed my time here and look forward to spending many more years with this great company!
Growing fast and growing strong
HR and Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2015
If you want to be able to control your own success, Wheeler Staffing Partners is the place for you. The atmosphere is fun and I never dread coming to work! I am a hands on learner, so the on-the-job- training that it provides is second to none. We are a new company that started up in June of 2014 and have already grown big enough to compete with some of the largest competitors in the area and across the United States! -That's got to say something! It is an awesome opportunity as our divisions including IT, Sales, Marketing, Health Care, Energy and HR services have given me the knowledge I need to succeed in the market place. There are a lot of moving parts within the company so it provides plenty of opportunity to find something you really enjoy!
Great Environment, Awesome Culture, and Scalable Staffing Solutions
CEO and Founder (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2015
We are consistently growing, have a wonderful team of professionals who strive to produce quality candidates in a timely fashion, a strong team who is highly educated, experienced, and willing to go the extra mile. Our value and core beliefs make this a great place to work and the culture is second to none in DFW! PTO, Holiday Pay, Great Commission, Excellent Medical benfits, Contest Perks, Training Facility, Covered parking, onsite deli, you name it. Great Company and Location in N. Dallas!

We are always training our staff to learn more and I am very approachable in any situation!
Pros
Free Lunches, Growth opportunities, Hh, Training, Great Clients!
Cons
The perfect office space with great views!